Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Can I Keep You? ❯ The Truth ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Can I Keep You?

Chapter 5- The Truth

By sky princess

"Don't do this, Ranma." I won't fight you, not like this." Ryouga's face showed sadness as Ranma got into a fighting stance.

"Then you will die." He stated simply but his voice was strained and held a ting of regret.

Ranma charged and landed a sharp kick to Ryouga's stomach. Ryouga would have easily blocked this but he refused to fight back. He grunted in pain and grasped his stomach. A few more mind-blowing punches and fearsome kicks got Ryouga collapsing to the floor with blood covering his face and shirt. Ranma grimaced as Ryouga got back up.

"Darn it! Fight me or at least defend yourself, Hibiki!"

All Ryouga did was to shake hid head and began limping away.

"Bastard." Ranma whispered and slumped his shoulders in defeat.

Ukyo looked on and she longed to heal Ryouga but instead walked to her room and cried herself to sleep.

Ryouga limped down the street to a restaurant. The waitress gasped and brought some wash clothes and an ice pack for him. He nodded his thanks and put the cloth up to his bleeding nose then put the cold ice pack on his blackening eyes. He ordered some noodles and relaxed.

"Can you believe how their innocent faces believed what I was saying?" A man behind him bellowed out loud to a man who seemed to be a bum.

"Ukyo grew up to such a pretty woman. She was perfect for my son, Ranma. Perfect I tell ya."

Ryouga's ear perked up and he decided to eavesdrop a little. He slurped his noodle casually when it arrived.

This must be Genma, he thought.

"The truth is, my friend." At this, his voice dropped to a whisper and Ryouga leaned backward to hear what he was going to say. "They're not even engaged. I told them since they were just too perfect for each other."

Genma laughed and the man next to him joined him. They continued eating their noodles while Ryouga got up quickly after paying for the noodles and headed toward Ranma's house.

"Ranma! Ranma! Open up! This is urgent!" He pounded on his door.

"Go away, Hibiki!" Ranma yelled from inside.

"Please, open up! You really need to know this!"
"Get out of here!" Ranma growled and a crashing sound was heard at the door.

"Ranma, just ask Genma that if you and Ukyo are really engaged for all that's left of our friendship." With that, he turned and walks through the dark streets. He sighed.

Face it, Hibiki. Ukyo and I were never meant to be.

To be continued…

Author's Note: Sorry it took so long! School! School! School! Arghh! It's a pain in my butt. Well, I only have time to write on Sundays so I hope I write fast. Are you anxious for the next chapter? Then review and tell me your opinions! Got to go! I got to do homework! Ja ne! ^_^

P.S. For all you who are really anxious what's going to happen next then here's a preview.

Next chapter: A Longing Question

Summary: What will Ryouga do now? Is he staying or leaving to the tournament or maybe even somewhere else!?! Also, Ranma is met by an acquaintance and will he ever be Ryouga's friend ever again? Will Ryouga and Ukyo ever see each other again? Find out next time! Hee hee.