Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Can I Keep You? ❯ Loving Someone Else? ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Can I Keep You?

Chapter 4- Loving Someone Else?

By sky princess

Days past by…

Ranma is on his journey of finding his lost father, Genma. Wherever he is. In Ucchan's, Ryouga was growing really fond of Ukyou. He'd stare Ukyou at every move she makes until she either yells at him or slams her spatula on his head. Both of them try not to fall into each other's eyes or their desire to hold each other. Ukyou looks sadly to Ryouga as he brings okonomiyaki to hungry customers.

This could never be, she thought as she closes her watering eyes.

Meanwhile in a small town named Beija…

Ranma finally found his Genma.

"Otousan, you could be a real big baka sometimes." He walked with his arms behind his head and Genma beside him. A panda Genma.

"Tell me why you went to the Jusenkyo pools again? I really feel pity for you, otousan, you being a big fat panda and all." He furthered.

Genma held up a sign that read, 'Shut that baka mouth of yours son or you'll be doing all the dishes and laundry when we get back.'

Ranma promptly shut his mouth and kept walking.

Suddenly, a duck flapped across them speeding down the road by a girl with purple hair and a bowl of noodles.

"Airen! Come back, Mousse! Shampoo love Mousse!"

With that, they ran toward the woods.

Ranma and Genma shrugged and came upon a motel where they would get some rest for the morning.

A lovely young woman with long blue hair greeted them.

"Hello, are you spending the night here?"

Ranma never met a girl with blue hair before and he thought it pretty good to this girl.

"Yeah…we are." He stared curiously at her as she walked to the back room, only to return with a man with shoulder-length hair.

"I see you've met my daughter, Akane, and I'm Soun. It'll be 500 yen for the night since of the panda you're occupied to a larger room."

"Oversized father." Ranma muttered under his breath and glared at the panda who had a sweat-drop coming down from his forehead.

Ranma handed the money and received the keys to their room. He then looked to Akane.

"It was a pleasure meeting you, Akane." He said with a charming grin and walked with his father down to their room.

Akane blushed, "Me too."

Somehow Ranma dreamed of a blue-hair woman that night and wondered why Ucchan wasn't in his dreams.

A few weeks have past and Ryouga worked up his courage for this day.

He took a deep breath and walked up to Ukyou who was cleaning the grill since the day was at an end.

"Uh…U-Ukyou?" Ryouga started turning crimson as Ukyou turned her head around to look at him.

"What is it, sugar?" She raised her eyebrow and suddenly a bouquet of roses was in front of her face.

"These are for y-you." He muttered shyly looking down at his feet.

Ukyou opened her mouth to say something but was interrupted by the door sliding loudly. Ranma walked into the restaurant with a look of jealousy in his eyes.

"Ryouga, get away from my Ucchan."

He commanded with a ting of sadness in his voice.

"Ran-" Ukyou started but he interfered.

"I thought we were buddies, Hibiki. Now, you're turning into a womanizing jerk taking my fiancee! We settle this outside, Hibiki and whoever wins, Ukyou is theirs and I don't think I'll be losing, Ryouga." Ranma walked outside with clenched fists.

Ryouga sighed, " I'm sorry, Ukyou. I never meant for this to happen."

Ukyou had a tear running down her cheek and whispered softly, "Ryouga, please don't fight. It'll break my heart, sugar."

Ryouga looked at Ukyou with soft eyes. He slowly walked outside with a sad look to his face but with no regret that he ever loved Ukyou.

To be continued…

Author's Note: Sorry that this chapter took so long but I started high school and it's really tiring! Taking a lot out of my writing. I hope I get to finish this story before the end of this year. Most likely I will so keep checkin' and writing reviews. Hee hee. ^_^

Also, all of you Yuffie Kisaragi lovers out there! If you love Yuffie pairings then check out my website! It's http://yuffiez_friend.tripod.com and send some fanfics and fanart if you have some! Ja ne!

Next chapter: The Truth

Preview: Whom will Ukyou be with? Will Ryouga and Ranma fight? Also, this chapter will be a little sad and probably a little happy. What is the truth? Find out next time!