Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Don't you know it's love ❯ Chapter 5

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Five
(POV: Perfume)
His glasses were on when I opened the door. "Perfume, we need to talk."
"About what?"
"Well…"
"The Nannichuan, right?"
"Could you just give me a little?" He marked off about how much with his fingers. "Just enough to get cured. Maybe then Shampoo would…" he trailed off.
I bounced on the inn futon a little. "You've been chasing after her for over a decade, the vast majority of those years before you fell into that spring, and she's been bashing you for the same amount of time, so why would you think if you got cured of something you didn't have to start with…"
I saw the look on his face and stopped. "Anyhow, I got it for you in the first place."
He shrieked with joy and probably would have hugged me, except there was Shampoo to consider. "Could you please give it to me? Please please please please…"
I dug out the bottle. "All right. A little bit, you said?"

***

(POV: Mint)

Mousse came angry the day after Shampoo moved in. Shampoo had left for the Nekohanten, so she didn't see him. Lime didn't see him because he was out wandering somewhere. Herb didn't see him because he'd gone off to sign up for high school or something. I stayed back to mix the floor-cleaning stuff (the floor, in case you didn't know, was so dirty I couldn't see the actual thing. You get what you pay for, I guess) so I saw him.
He pounded the door for a while, then it burst with his pounding, and he charged in yelling.
"YOU! DIEEEEEEEEEE!"
I grabbed the cleaning bucket-NOT the Stopping Water Bucket- and dashed it over his head while he was finishing saying "die." He yelled again, and then there was a duck in a pile of soapy robes quacking its head off.
"I thought that Joketsuzoku law was just for the women," I muttered as I escorted him to the door. "Guess I was wrong." He involuntarily flew out, and I began to try and remember whether I saw a door shop yesterday.

***

"Mousse?"
"Quack."
Perfume sighed. "I'll put on the hot water in the sink. And Mousse, stay out those situations, all right?"
"QUACK."(How was I supposed to know the kid had a bucket?)

***

"Have a good night, Shampoo."
"All right, Great-grandmother," she yelled as she pointed the bike toward the housing section of Nerima.
It's temporary, she reminded herself. We'll just have the wedding, then the divorce ASAP and then I can marry Ranma.
She reached the house as the stars were waking up and let her bike fall next to the gate. The first thing she noticed was that the door was different from the one there when she left that morning.
When she pushed it open, Mint was on his knees scrubbing at the floor, which was now somewhat cleaner. "Herb and Lime're out. Here," he said, handing her a sponge.
Shampoo smiled darkly, picked up her bonbori and kabonged him to China (figuratively).