Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Exchange ❯ Sacrifices ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Prologue

"Take me instead!" Ayatori smirked in amusement at the furious girl addressing him.

"Excuse me? What did you say?" The girl pointed to the cowering boy in the corner.

"I said, take me instead of him!"

"And why, may I ask, should I do that?"

"Because they need him," she gestured to the crowd in back of her, "they don't need me."

"But-"

"Quiet!" Ayatori gave the protesting fellow a hard glare. He then turned to the girl once more. She is beautiful. . and strong, determined. He spared a glance toward the boy at his feet. Almost as strong as this one. . and probably easier to control. . Yes, she could become a valuable asset to my collection. "Very well, I accept your offer."

"What?" The girl gasped as Ayatori grasped her wrist and pulled her forward.

"You mean you weren't serious?"

"Of course I was serious, I just-" The girl's face took on a slightly panicked expression from the tremendous pace of the turn of events.

"Good." He put the palm of his hand of the forehead of the boy, who winced at the contact. The palm began to glow, slowly gathering the dark chi the boy's body was emitting. It traveled up his arm and down the other, beginning to surround the girl. She began to violently tremble while the boy's shaking steadily slowed. The process continued until all the darkness was fully transported into the new victim. "It is done." At that moment, the screaming began. Horrible, gut-wrenching sobs of fear and despair. The boy opened his eyes, the sanity returning as he shook his head to release the fog from it.

"Wha?" The girl fell to her knees, the eyes cloudy with confusion, pain, and fear. "What are you doing to her?!?" Ayatori's response was a sinister laugh that grew and grew as the dark chi flared and the girl's scream slowly turned into a guttural yowl.