Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ I'm the Mother and the Father? ❯ Getting Ready for School ( Chapter 9 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

I'm the Father and the Mother?
A Ranma Fanfic by Michael A. Ivins
 
Ranma and friends are owned by Rumiko Takahashi along with her publishers and Viz Video. I make no money off this so please don't sue me.
 
Recap of Chapter 8
At breakfast Akane told Ranma and Nabiki she and Kasumi heard the fiancés' sexual activities and some good natured teasing resulted. Happosai showed up but when he grabbed Ranma he read the pregnancy in her ki. Turns out he knew about warrior Gel and her baby because he'd been hanging out around the Amazon village at the time. He's so convinced that baby Ranko will be special he will loan money to Ranma and Nabiki to help support the care of the child. On the way to Dr. Tofu's office Ranma met up with Ryoga and Ranma had to tell the lost boy she's pregnant to get to stop attacking her. Later in conversation Ryoga told Ranma he'd had a sex dream about her.
 
 
Chapter 9
Getting Ready for School
 
They reached Dr Tofu's clinic. It turned that Dr Tofu had a friend who made deliveries out in the general direction of the Unryu farm. He was willing to give Ryoga a ride.
 
“Now, Ranma what did you want to see me about?”
 
“I was hoping you could write me a note to get out of PE.”
 
“Your pregnancy isn't far enough advanced that it should be a problem with PE class.”
 
Ranma nodded. “I know that. The problem comes from which class I go to and what locker room I use.”
 
“Oh, I think I see.”
 
“I'm registered as a guy but I'm stuck as a girl. I'm not really comfortable with the idea of dressing and showering with the guys right now. The way they look at me creeps me out. If that was all it was I could live with it. What I can't live with is guys groping me in the locker room and the showers.”
 
“I can imagine how upsetting that would be.”
 
She went on, “The problem with the girl's locker room and showers is with the girls. They know I can (could) change and I'm really a boy. If I go in their locker room they'll think I'm there to peep on them and they'll get mad. I don't know if I could convince them that I'm stuck and I don't care to peep.”
 
“You don't?”
 
“Why would I go to a big effort to look at naked girls when I can just go into the bathroom at home and look at myself in the mirror? You could say that cured me of peeping.”
 
“Isn't there someone you could talk to about getting them to let you in the girls' locker room?”
 
“I'm going to talk to the girls gym teachers but I expect the head loony to veto it.”
 
“The `head loony?'”
 
“Principal Kuno.”
 
Dr. Tofu sighed. “I'm aware of his reputation. I'll give you the note but you have to promise me that you will at least try to talk to the girls' gym teachers on this.”
 
“With my luck palm tree head will try pouring boiling water on me to `prove' I can still change.”
 
Ranma pocketed the note. “Thanks doc. I'm actually going to the school right now. There should be someone there getting ready for classes next week. I want to talk to the administrators there about this. This,” she patted her pocket, “gives them an easy out if we can't come to any other arrangements.”
 
Ranma met Nabiki at the school gate. Ranma asked, “How'd it go at the bank?”
 
The brown haired girl rubbed her hands together in satisfaction. “We are set. If I manage and invest this little `loan' right we might come out ahead on the deal even after paying back the old pervert.”
 
Ranma had a look of confusion on her face. Nabiki noticed and responded, “Have you ever heard the saying, `it takes money to make money?'”
 
The redhead nodded. “I never paid much attention to it because I didn't think I'd ever have enough money to do that kind of stuff.”
 
“Well, we have it now. This could pay to get both of us through college and leave a little something to get us set up in a decent house or apartment. It wouldn't be a big house, but comfortable.”
 
Ranma smiled, “'Set us up in a home.' I like the sound of that.”
 
“I thought you would.”
 
Nabiki's expression turned serious. “Now that you're under doctor's orders not to fight, I want you to turn your talent to something else.”
 
“Something else?”
 
“Yes. You sleep through most of your classes and yet you manage to get C's. Think about what kind of grades you could get if you stayed awake and paid attention. You present yourself as a dumb jock but I can tell you're a lot smarter than you pretend.”
 
Ranma's expression was doubtful.
 
Nabiki's expression became pleading, “If you approach your classes the same way you do a martial arts challenge I know you can get better grades. If you ever hope to get into college you have to bring your grades up.”
 
Ranma now sounded thoughtful, “Look at class like a martial arts challenge? I'm not sure I know how to do that, but I'll think about it. I'm sure I can come up with something.”
 
Nabiki took hold of Ranma's hands and looked in her eyes. “This is important. If you don't change your ways you might be well enough educated to run the dojo, you might not. If you can finish high school with good grades and go on to college, you could certainly run the dojo or something bigger.”
 
“Bigger?”
 
“Yes, bigger. One of the things that I've come to appreciate about you is that you are actually smarter than I am.”
 
“What? I can't be smarter than you.”
 
The brown haired girl gripped Ranma's hands tighter. “Yes, you are. If you actually make an effort in school and try to dump some of the crap your dad taught you could do almost anything.”
 
Ranma's mind was reeling from being told that she was smarter than Nabiki. She had in turns admired and been intimidated by Nabiki's intelligence. She had thought of the middle Tendo daughter as the smartest person she knew. For Ranma to be smarter than the smartest person she knew seemed to defy the natural order.
 
“I'm going to need a while to wrap my mind around that one.”
 
“You can do it. You're smart. Please try to do better in school. Please do it for me.”
 
How could she disappoint the woman she loved. “I'll try. I may need some help.”
 
“I'll give you any help you need. Anyway, lets go in and see what we can do about your PE class.”
 
As they made through the deserted halls on their way to the administrative offices Nabiki commented, “We have one break in this. I heard that Principal Kuno is on vacation in Hawaii right now and may not be back for a while.”
 
Ranma snorted. “I bet everybody in the school, including the teachers would love it if he stayed there forever. I don't understand why he doesn't when he loves the place so much.”
 
Nabiki added, “I'd like to see him stay there and take both of his kids with him.”
 
Ranma laughed. “That would make my life a lot simpler.”
 
“Just remember, you only have to put up with Kuno until the end of the school year. Then he'll graduate and you'll be free of him.”
 
“Hmph. The way my luck runs, he'll be held back a year and I'll be stuck with him next year too.”
 
“With his dad for principal, I doubt he'll be held back.”
 
A thought occurred to Ranma. “It would almost be worth it if he was. I'd like to see him in college or some other school that his daddy doesn't control. If he tried the same kind of crap there that he does here, he'd get arrested. I'd like to witness that.”
 
Nabiki laughed. “If I'm there to see it, I promise I'll take pictures.”
 
They fell silent as they reached the office they were seeking. Immediately Nabiki's features smoothed out and Ramna imagined the sound of one of those steel shutters that shopkeepers use slamming into place. The Ice Queen was back and ready to do business.
 
To ensure she would remain calm Ranma embraced the Soul of Ice with such concentration that the air around her chilled. She would also remain calm.
 
The atmosphere inside the office was one of organized chaos. Computer keys clicked, copiers hummed and people moved about.
 
The receptionist looked up as the two girls approached. “Miss Tendo, Miss…” A puzzled expression settled on the receptionist's face. She thought she knew every student in the school. This red head looked familiar but she was hard time putting a name to the face. Wait… how many red haired girls went to this school?
 
Finally, “Ranma, is that you?”
 
Ranma nodded gravely, “Yes, it's me.”
 
The receptionist frowned. “Is this one of your disguises?”
 
“No ma'am. I'm stuck as a girl right now and will be that way for several months. That's why I'm here today.”
 
“You're stuck as a girl and that's why you are dressing and looking so feminine now?”
 
“It's a long story. The main reason I'm here is to ask that I may either be excused from physical Education classes or to make some other arrangement regarding dressing, undressing and showers.”
 
What? You can't get excused from PE just like that.”
 
Ranma brought out the doctors note and presented it to the receptionist. The woman's eyes got wide as she read. “It says here the reason for excusing you from PE is…”
 
Both girls shushed her. Ranma leaned over the desk and said, “Please don't shout it all over the place. I know that I won't be able to keep it a complete secret, but I'd like for as few people as possible to know it for now.”
 
“But… but you're really a boy.”
 
“Who is cursed to change into a girl when splashed with cold water. The girl I change into has all the same plumbing as someone who was born as a girl. That plumbing works. If you want I have a copy of a medical report that confirms my current `condition.'” Nabiki handed Ranma a large manilla envelope.
 
The receptionist stood up. “This is beyond my authority. I'll need to get Takoa sensei.”
 
She hustled off and returned a few moments later with a balding, middle aged man. He said, “What is this about you being stuck as a girl, Saotome?”
 
“Yes, sensei. It's true.”
 
He pointed to the word “pregnant” on the note. “And this is your reason for asking to get out of PE? Are you serious?”
 
Ranma let out a long sigh. “I wish I wasn't. I'm not asking for this because I'm incapable of doing the activities of the class. It will be months before my condition advances to a point where it interferes with my physical abilities.”
 
“Then why?” Asked Takoa.
 
“Look at me. Then imagine me showering with the boys. I think I might be able to live with the ogling, but I'm pretty sure that some boys don't understand the concept of `look but don't touch.'”
 
The middle aged man sighed. “If you really are stuck like that, you shouldn't have to put up with the ogling either.”
 
Nabiki handed a plastic bag to Ranma. “In case you didn't believe I'm stuck I asked Miss Tendo to bring my bathing suit. I'm prepared demonstrate that I can't change into a boy.”
 
The man turned to Nabiki. He knew that her reputation for trading information was based on the idea that any information given was accurate. “Do you confirm that Mr… Miss Saotome's curse is locked?”
 
“Yes, sensei. In the past hot water has always reversed the curse and changed Ranma back into a boy. I saw her standing in a tub of steaming hot water and remain in her present form.”
 
Ranma put in, “If I would be allowed to join with the girls PE class, I'd be willing to wear the girls' uniform. I'd be willing to shower before or after the other girls. I doubt they'd want to let me shower with them. I don't exactly have the best reputation with them.”
 
Takoa thought about this for a while. “I won't ask you to demonstrate your problem for me. You may have to demonstrate it for the girls in the PE class.”
 
Another pause, “Here is what I propose: For next week we will put down the time you would have been in PE as study time. I will inform Mrs. Hanagawa sensei about your situation. During Monday's class she will take a moment to inform the girls of her class about you and ask them how they feel. If they are willing to let you join their class and use their locker room then you can participate in class on Tuesday. In that case the schedule will be adjusted.”
 
“If the girls don't agree?” Asked Ranma.
 
“That time period can remain study time or you could take an elective class to fill that blank spot in your schedule.”
 
Ranma looked over at Nabiki who nodded. “That seems reasonable. I agree.”
 
Takoa sensei commented, “You might want to bring that bathing suit with you on Monday. The girls may want to see for themselves that you can't change before they agree.”
 
Ranma nodded. “I really didn't expect them to agree without a demonstration. I'll be ready.”
 
Takoa sensei made a copy of the doctor's note. After a little hesitation he also made a copy of the medical report that gave the diagnosis of pregnancy. He placed the copies into Ranma's file.
 
As Ranma and Nabiki left the office and headed back through the halls of the school, Nabiki asked, “Could you ease off on the Soul of Ice? It took a good bit of my control not to shiver.”
 
“Oh, sorry.”
 
“Actually that went better than I expected. Takoa sensei is being very reasonable.”
 
Ranma nodded. “I think so too. I like it better that the girls are being asked about it first. It's better than having them beat me up for having the nerve to use the girls' showers.”
 
Nabiki said, “They might kick you out, but I don't think they would beat you up.”
 
“We'll see how they vote on Monday.”
 
As they left the school grounds Nabiki commented, “One thing about life with you, Ranma. It's rarely boring.”
 
Ranma sighed at that, “Sometimes I think my life could do with a little more boredom. I wonder if I've also been hit with the old Chinese curse `May you live in interesting times.'”
 
“If true it would explain a lot. What amazes me is that with all the weird stuff you go through you not only stay sane but even keep your sense of humor.”
 
“Oh, yeah. My life is just loads of laughs”
 
“Oh, I don't know. Your life might make a great manga or even an anime.”
 
“You're kidding, right?”
 
She laughed, “Of course I'm kidding.”
 
Ranma nodded. “I think I should spend some time reading over the books and stuff I got from Dr. Tanaka's office. Then I was thinking we might snuggle in your bed tonight.”
 
Nabiki looked at her companion with one eyebrow arched. “If you come to my bed tonight, we'll be doing more than just `snuggling.'”
 
“Oh good. I was hoping you'd say that.”
 
Nabiki just laughed.
 
When they got back to the dojo Kasumi and Nodoka were preparing dinner. Akane was studying the scroll Happosai had loaned her. Soun and Genma were playing shogi.
 
Nodoka stepped out of the kitchen and asked, “What did the school people tell you about your gym class?”
 
“They're being fairly nice about it. I don't have to go to boy's PE. The teacher is going to ask the girls in the class if they would be willing to let me go to class with them and use the locker room and showers and stuff. I think it's fair.”
 
“Do you have a girl's uniform? I think that if you are going to go as you are, you should wear one.”
 
“My girl gym uniform is Ok, but the one girls' school uniform I have is not in such good shape. I've had to fight in it a few times.”
 
Nodoka thought for a moment. “Since you got out those boxes of the clothes I bought, you should look in there. There should be both a summer and winter uniform as well as some nice shoes to wear with the uniform and another gym uniform and shoes for that. I'm just glad to see some of those clothes finally getting some use.”
 
Not wanting to hurt her mother's feelings Ranma just nodded. She thought it was silly that her mom had bought so much. Still, since she was wearing the stuff now, maybe it wasn't so silly after all.
 
Ranma was heading in the direction of the stairs when Akane called her name. Ranma couldn't help herself, she cringed a bit when she heard Akane's voice.
 
The hurt was visible in the black haired girl's eyes, but she didn't comment on it.
 
“Yes, Akane?”
 
“I went to the Dr today and they did some tests on me. They think I may have a chemical imbalance in my brain. They want to do some more testing and some kind of scan on my head. The doctor said it should be treatable with medication.”
 
Ranma tried to put the right amount of caring into her voice. “It's good that it can be treated. How are you feeling?”
 
“Ok, I guess. Not real happy at being poked and prodded and scanned.”
 
“Do you think the old man's scroll will help?”

“I only just started reading it today. I think it's a little early for results.”
 
“Well, keep at it. I've got a lot of reading to do. I've got the scroll the old man gave me and all of those books and stuff on pregnancy. It will probably be a pain in the butt, but if I want to know what's going on in my body I guess I'd better read it. I guess I should have paid more attention in health class.”
 
She went off to her room to get the books she'd picked up the previous day. She looked in on Nabiki but the brown haired girl was at her computer. When asked, Nabiki said she was checking on the markets and monitoring their investments. Ranma didn't think her fiancé would be good company when busy like that.
 
Ranma went back to her room and sat on her futon, settling herself comfortably and picked a book to read. It was a general book with the title “Pregnancy and Childbirth.” It seemed like a good place to start.
 
Genma poked his head into the room and demanded, “What are you up to boy, er girl?”
 
Ranma looked up with an annoyed expression. “Studying, Pop.”
 
“School doesn't start up again until Monday. You should be working out, not sitting in here slacking.”
 
The red haired girl just held up the book so the title was easily visible. Her father took that in and blushed before saying, “Oh, well then, carry on.” He left the room. Not for the first time Ranma wondered how she had turned out as well as she had with that man raising her.
 
 
Author's Note: Sorry for the short chapter. The next one will be short as well. This just seemed to be a good stopping point in the story. I have a confession to make. I've never been to Japan and don't speak the language. Everything I know about Japanese culture I learned from movies, anime, manga and fanfics along with an occasional article on the internet. Any places where this fic deviates from the way things are actually done in Japan are either an error through ignorance or a deliberate choice for what I felt was a better story.
 
Coming up - The second time Nabiki in male form has sex with Ranma (in the dojo this time) Akane and Kasumi are caught peeping. Ranma gets angry and creates her own chi mallet. Ranma attends school in a girls' uniform. In a confrontation with Kuno she tells him to address by her real name, not “pigtailed girl.”