Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ I'm the Mother and the Father? ❯ Shampoo's Mistake ( Chapter 17 )

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

I'm the Father and the Mother?
A Ranma Fanfic by Michael A. Ivins
 
Ranma and friends are owned by Rumiko Takahashi along with her publishers and Viz Video. I make no money off this so please don't sue me.
 
Recap of Chapter 16
Ranma and Nabiki spoke to a lawyer about what would be needed for them to adopt Ranko. They told the family about getting married. From the hacker Kitsune Nabiki got a link to a website that had a complete copy of the Amazon book of laws. Nabiki looks for loopholes.
 
Chapter 17
Shampoo's Mistake
 
That night Ranma and Nabiki waited until it was late enough for the parents to have gone to bed. They stepped out into the hall and looked around. There was no light coming from under either Kasumi's or Akane's door. They could hear no sounds coming from either room. Finally they decided the sisters must have taken a night off and took their futon with them.
 
After a visit to the bathroom where Nabiki doused herself with cursed water they made their way to the dojo. They closed the door firmly then set up their futon. Finally they dropped and stepped onto the futon.
 
Ranma used her ki senses to scan one last time to be sure there was nobody at the door of the dojo peeping. When the two were sure they began their foreplay.
 
About a half-hour later the door of the dojo opened quietly and in stepped Kasumi and Akane-kun. The stood for a moment and watched the newlyweds. Ranma was on all fours while Nabiki-kun knealt behind her thrusting vigorously.
 
Satisfied that the newlyweds were too busy to notice, Kasumi spread out a futon of her own. She and Akane-kun dropped their robes and began to engage in their own foreplay, kissing, licking and caressing. It was only after after Nabiki ejaculated into Ranma and the redhead cried out her own orgasm that they noticed they were not alone.
 
When they looked over they saw Akane-kun lying back with his torso elevated on braced elbows. He was watching as Kasumi sucked on his stiff organ. He glanced over and saw the newlyweds watching. He said, “Don't stop on our account. Oh! You do that so good, Sis.”
 
Ranma moved around to where she could whispter in Nabiki-kun's ear. “You know how I always used to say Akane was strong as a gorilla? In this form, I think he looks a little like one.”
 
Nabiki suppressed a snicker.
 
Akane suddenly cried out, “Now, Kas-chan.” Kasumi made a grunt in acknowledgement and she pressed her lips downward, until Akane's manhood was touching the opening of her esophagus. They could see Kasumi's throat moving as she milked every drop of fluid from Akane's ejaculation and swallowed it all. Not a single drop escaped her.
 
Finally the eldest Tendo sister raised her head after giving a parting lick to the head of Akane's organ. She said, “We didn't mean to interrupt. I was expecting you would be doing this in your room now that you're married.”
 
Nabiki explained, “I promised daddy that we wouldn't do anything `unnatural' in my room together.”
 
Akane commented, “Knowing daddy he'd be more accepting of you doing it as man and woman like this than both as girls.”
 
Nabiki seemed surprised, “You really think so? Even if the man was transformed from a woman.”
 
Kasumi answered, “Even then. The way father was brought up girl/girl sex is unnatural and the right and proper way is for a man to be having sex with a woman. The fact that both partners were the opposite sex before might bother him a little, but not all that much.”
 
Nabiki said with some heat, “When you saw what we were doing, why did you come in?”
 
Kasumi replied, “Unlike you we don't have the option to do this in either of our rooms. The risk of discovery is too great. Besides, we got to watch you, I thought it was only fair to let you watch us.”
 
Kasumi noticed Nabiki's limp organ and said, “I'm sorry, did we ruin the mood again? I could get you ready to continue.”
 
Akane urged, “Let her suck you. For someone who learned everything she knows about it from books and videos, she's really good.”
 
Nabiki felt torn. Part of him said that what Akane suggested was a really bad idea and there would be no going back if he allowed it. Part of him argued, “You want this. If you're honest, you'll admit you've always wanted to get together with your sister.”
 
Nabiki looked over to Ranma who seemed to be turning the situation over in her mind as well. When he caught the redhead's eye he gave her a look that said, “What do I do?”
 
Ranma looked back and forth between Kasumi and Nabiki with a troubled expression. Finally the troubled expression faded and Ranma gave a nod. She said, “If you want to, I won't get mad.”
 
Hesitantly Nabiki stood up then walked over to the other futon. Akane stood up and walked over to sit next to Ranma. At Kasumi's direction, Nabiki lay down in the same position Akane had been in before. She then turned her attention to her brother's limp organ.
 
Akane asked Ranma, “Have you ever tried to do that?”
 
“Sucking on a guy? No. Maybe it's because I am (or was) a guy but I don't really feel comfortable doing that.”
 
Akane sensed evasion. “But have you tried it?”
 
“No. Maybe someday in another week or two, but I just don't feel ready to try it today.”
 
“Fair enough. Are… are you still scared of me?”
 
“Maybe a little. I think I'm getting over that.”
 
“I think I have an idea that may help that.” Akane gently gripped Ranma's sides just below her armpits and lifted her to settle her into his lap. Ranma felt a brief moment of panic but Akane didn't do anything.
 
Ranma looked over at the other couple just in time to see Kasumi raise her head of Nabiki's now stiff organ and suddenly climb up her brother's body and lower her vagina onto that stiff organ. Nabiki had been lost to the pleasureable sensations and didn't protest before his sister was in place. When Kasumi began to raise and lower herself on his organ, his resistance disappeared.
 
Ranma realized that her bare butt was resting right on Akane's limp organ. With the general atmosphere of sex and all the pheremones in the air, it didn't seem to matter. She said nothing when Akane began kissing the top of her head. She felt she should say something when Akane's arms both came around her. One hand began to stroke and gently knead her breasts and tease the nipples. The other hand went down to stimulate her vaginal lips and clitoris.
 
Kasumi had set herself a slow pace with the goal to gradually build her brother's arousal toward orgasm until he was ready to explode.
 
As the erotic stimulation continued, Ranma felt Akane's organ stir and begin to stiffen beneath her. While she had told Nabiki she didn't really think she wanted to have sex with any other male than her transformed spouse, she was starting to think that if she got much more aroused, she wouldn't care whose organ was thrusting into her.
 
Ranma's attention was drawn the sound of Kasumi crying out in orgasm. Ranma thought the eldest Tendo sister must get triggered easily to orgasms just as Ranma herself did. Kasumi rested a moment with her hands on Nabiki's chest then resumed her movements. Nabiki began gently squeezing Kasumi's breasts and teasing the nipples.
 
Speaking of orgasm, Ranma felt her own coming on. That's it! Ranma raised herself so Akane's trapped penis could stand up, then she lowered herself down on it, letting it enter her. When Ranma began to raise and lower herself on Akane's organ, the man began to manipulate the girl's breasts with both hands.
 
When Kasumi cried out through her next orgasm, the couple changed positions with Kasumi lying on her back and Nabiki above pumping his organ at his choice of speed. After Ranma's next orgasm she and Akane changed positions copying the one she had been in with Nabiki when Kasumi and Akane first entered the dojo.
 
This continued for a while actually swapping partners twice. When they finally stopped, satiated and exhausted, they checked and found that three hours had passed. They carried their futons with them, knowing they would need to be washed to cleanse them of the odor of sex.
 
When they got the furo Ranma said, “I'm just going to wash off with cold water. I'll fall asleep if I get in the tub with the hot water.” The men agreed and just used a bucket of hot water each to transform back.
 
Nabiki said, “I guess I enjoyed that too much to say anything more against you two together with each other or with us.”
 
Kasumi replied, “I was sort of hoping you'd be willing to get together and do this every Saturday night. Maybe we could change it around. I was thinking Akane and I could both be males and the both of you could be girls next week. How'd you like that?”
 
Ranma and Nabiki surprised themselves by both saying, “Yeah, lets try it.”
 
Akane offered, “Then at least one night with Ranma and me girls and Nabiki and Kasumi guys. You know it's a shame the only one of our group who can't change into a guy is the person who started out as one.”
 
Ranma said drily, “Yea, a shame. Maybe after my curse unlocks, I could have turns with each of you girls.” She thought how strange to be able to say such a thing and get eager agreements from all of the females involved. Just two weeks ago Akane would have malleted her for even suggesting it.
 
A thought occurred to her. “I don't think I'd like it for all three of you to be guys and me the only girl.”
 
Kasumi said, “Don't dismiss that possibility too quickly. In my sex manuals, I've seen some positions that one woman can get into with three men. I'll let you read some of those books to see whether you want to try it.”
 
Nabiki suggested, “Maybe some night we could try it as an all-girl orgy with none of us men.”
 
Kasumi said, “That's an excellent idea. You may have received your Instant Nannichuan as a gift, but I had to buy it. Those packets are expensive.”
 
Now cleaned up, they all went to their beds. Akane and Kasumi went to their own bedrooms, while Ranma and Nabiki retired to the bed they shared. So exhausted were all of them that they were asleep almost before they had time to comfortably settle themselves.
 
Sunday morning the adults got up to find no Kasumi in the kitchen, no breakfast ready. When a knock on the eldest daughter's door only got the sleepy response, “Please, just let me sleep,” Nodoka made breakfast. They were starting to worry about Kasumi. The previous Sunday she had looked so tired, and this week she wasn't even getting up on time at all.
 
The other girls were also late getting up. Was this the result of another `noise' that kept all awake late?
 
When Ranma woke up she looked at the clock and nudged Nabiki. “Wha…”
 
“We'd better get up. Our parents are going to start wondering what's keeping us up late on Saturdays.”
 
“We could say we are going out. You know some kind of weekly `girls night out' with all us sisters and you.”
 
Thinking to the previous night, Ranma felt a little dazed. “Did we really agree to have a weekly orgy with your sisters?”
 
“I'm not sure if it qualifies as a orgy with only four people, but we did agree to it.”
 
“You've wanted to do something with Kasumi for a long time haven't you?”
 
“For the longest time I've had a fantasy about her. She's so beautiful, so poised and graceful, almost an ideal of femininity. The thought of touching, kissing and caressing that perfection seemed like an impossible dream. Now that I've experienced it, I can't give it up.”
 
“Just so you don't forget about me.”
 
“I could never forget about you.”
 
Ranma sounded thoughtful. “I wonder how that `ideal of femininity' will look changed into a guy.”
 
Nabiki replied, “I'm kind of looking forward to it.”
 
They got up and went downstairs. Kasumi was in the kitchen but she had only been there a few minutes before the married couple. She came over and said, “I think our parents know something is up. They were questioning me rather hard.”
 
Nabiki made her suggestion about the “girls night out.” Kasumi thought a moment, “That sounds perfect. Some Saturdays we actually could go out to dinner and a movie together then come back to the dojo for a more private party.”
 
Ranma spent the rest of the day on school work. She had a test on Monday and had a report to do for one of her other classes. When she finished preparation for those, Nabiki began to teach her how to use the computer.
 
The next morning Kuno had returned from wherever he had gone and was waiting for. He called out, “Beauteous Ranma.”
 
Although she wanted to ignore the idiot, she had more or less promised that she would talk to him if he would address her by her right name.
 
“Good morning, Kuno Sempai. Have you found my… sibling?”
 
“He continues to elude me. Could you perhaps enlighten me as to where he has fled?”
 
Ranma's tone became thoughtful. “Where has he fled? That is a really interesting question on so many different levels.” Did he actually go anywhere?
 
After a moment Ranma spoke again. “When boy Ranma left he didn't tell me where he was going. In fact he didn't even tell me he was going, he just went, leaving me behind. I do know that wherever he is now it in a place where you can never follow. I truly doubt that anyone else can go wherever he is now.”
 
She turned and walked away from a very confused looking Kuno. Maybe puzzling that out will keep Kuno occupied for a while.
 
In classes that day Ranma turned in the report she had written and took the test she had studied for. She felt like she had done a good job on the report. The test was not as easy as the quiz the previous week, but she felt sure she had at least most questions correct. There were two she was unsure of.
 
In gym class Megumi gave Ranma a hand drawn map that showed how to get to her house.
 
The following day after school, Ranma rushed home to get changed out of her school uniform. From her Tendo Ranko collection she picked a knee length denim skirt that had flowers embroidered on it and a floral print t-shirt.
 
Ranma rang the bell at the house and was met by a tall woman who looked enough like Megumi she just had to be Megumi's mom. The woman smiled. “You must be Ranma, the friend my Megumi was expecting. Please come in.” Looking up at the woman, Ranma wished again that her girl form was taller.
 
Ranma left her shoes in the genkan and changed into house slippers that were provided. The house was not large but looked comfortable.
 
Megumi's mom said, “When Megumi told me she was having a friend over I baked cookies. Would you like some?”
 
With the appetite that came from doing martial arts Ranma would never turn down an offer like that.
 
Mrs. Kanamitsu said, “Megumi's been telling me some interesting stories about you, Ranma. She said you used to be a boy, is that true?”
 
“Well… yes, it's true. There's really more to it than that, though.”
 
The tall woman said, “If you feel comfortable talking about it, I'd like to hear. From what Megumi told me I wasn't expecting to meet such a pretty girl.”
 
Ranma blushed slightly and said, “Thank you Mrs. Kanamitsu.”
 
Megumi had come in behind Ranma and said, “Come on, let's go to the living room.”
 
They went in while the older woman went to the kitchen to fetch the cookies. Megumi gestured at what Ranma was wearing and commented, “From the way you were talking I wasn't expecting you to wear something so feminine.”
 
“Before my mom knew about my curse she wanted me to be more ladylike. She bought me a ton of girly clothes.”
 
“Oh!” Megumi said in a tone that implied, “That explains everything.”
 
She continued, “My mom used to do that with me. She finally gave it up because it wasn't working.” Megumi herself was dressed in jean shorts and a T-shirt.
 
Mrs. Kanamitsu brought in a tray with cookies and set them on the table in the living room. Also on that same table there was a game system. When Megumi noticed Ranma looking at it she asked, “Have you ever played `King of Fighters?'”
 
“Once or twice at an arcade. I've never played it on one of these home systems.”
 
“Wanna try it?”
 
“Sure, why not.”
 
The two girls settled down to play the video game. With her martial arts hone reflexes and tactical skills, Ranma quickly learned how to play the game. In an effort to not endanger her new friendship, she managed to lose enough to keep Megumi from getting too frustrated.
 
Some hours later Ranma went home to tell her family about her evening with her new friend.
 
The following day after school saw Ranma and Nabiki walking together. This time they were not going home, but headed over to the Nekohanten to talk to Shampoo and Cologne. They were planning to let the Amazons know of their marriage.
 
When they got to the restaurant it was enough before the dinner rush that no customers were there. As usual Shampoo rushed forward and glomped Ranma. It seemed odd that Ranma didn't struggle to get out of the embrace this time just let it go for a moment before saying, “Shampoo, we need to talk.”
 
Just as Shampoo was releasing Ranma the thumping of Cologne bouncing on her walking stick could be heard. “Well, son-in-law, what brings you here?”
 
Mousse, who was toward the back of the room wiping off tables, stopped to listen in.
 
Ranma told the elder, “You remember how we told you that Nabiki and I are engaged instead of me and Akane? Well that's changed now too.”
 
“Oh, are you now engaged to the oldest of the Tendo daughters. Or perhaps you have ended your engagements to the Tendo family completely.”
 
Nabiki contributed, “Not exactly. Last Friday we went downtown and filled out all the paperwork to get married. As of last Friday, Ranma and I are legall married.”
 
If Nabiki had been hoping to catch the elder by surprise, she was disappointed. “I suspected you might try something like this. Shampoo's claim on Ranma predates yours. She is the one with the valid claim. Our tribe doesn't recognize yours as a legal marriage.”

“Really?” Outwardly Nabiki was maintaining the face of the Ice Queen, but inside she was lauging. I'm going to enjoy this.
 
“Yes, really.”
 
Nabiki put a thoughtful expression on her face. “You know, I've wondered about your `claim' on Ranma. If Shampoo's claim was the true legal one, I'd have thought you would have petitioned the government of the People's Republic of China to intercede on your behalf. My contacts in the Japanese government say there has been no contact with the Chinese government on this issue. Why is that?”
 
In a haughty tone, Cologne said, “We don't discuss the inner workings of tribal affairs with outsiders.”
 
Nabiki nodded. “That's fine, I don't need you to tell me about it. One of my contacts spoke to his counterpart in the PRC government. It turns out that a representative of your tribe did contact the government. They told your representative that a question of marriage such as this was a personal matter to be settled between the parties involved. The government there did say that they didn't think the Japanese government would take kindly to having its citizens kidnapped so if you were to take Ranma back it would have to be willingly on his part.”
 
Cologne made a dismissive gesture, “Ranma has already indicated a willingness to come back with us after her baby is born.”
 
Nabiki conceded, “That's true. However there were conditions on that agreement. I was there at the time, remember? Ranma said she would come with back to your village if she were unable to find any other other means to pay for the care and support of her child. We have been able to get a loan on very reasonable terms that will not only take care of feeding little Ranko, but will also pay for both Ranma and I to attend college.”
 
“What? When did this happen?”
 
“Last week. I'd rather not tell you which `institution' is lending us the money. It would only upset you.”
 
“There are still ways of persuading Ranma to come with us. We still have the legal claim.”
 
“Do you? I don't think so. Do you recognize this?” Nabiki pulled a stack of computer print-outs from an envelope and handed them to the Amazon elder.
 
After looking over the paged for a while, Cologne asked, “Where did you get these?”
 
Nabiki did not let her satisfaction show on her face. “It's amazing the things you can find on the internet. About two months before Ranma and her father visited your tribe you had another visitor. This was an anthropologist from a university in Peking. He wanted to learn about the culture of some of the tribes in the more remote regions of China.”
 
“I remember him.”
 
“What I read on the website was that he borrowed your book of laws. He said he only wanted to read them. You left him alone to do that reading. It turns out he didn't just read your book, he also photographed it. After the photos were developed they were scanned and posted on the university's website.”
 
Cologne was indignant. “Our book of laws is on a computer where anyone can look at them!”
 
Nabiki soothed, “If it's any consolation to you, the site isn't very popular and I think I was the only person who actually downloaded a copy of the book. Others could have read it online that didn't download it. I printed it out so it would be easier to read than if I tried to bring my computer here. You could tear that copy up, but I have another one at home. I can get more copies anytime I like.”
 
“That won't make a difference.”
 
“Really? How well do you know your own laws?”
 
“I'm an Amazon Matriarch. I know these laws thoroughly.”
 
“Allright. Let's talk about it. When Ranma and her father got to your village you were holding a tournament to see which of the young warriors was strongest and best. Is that right.”
 
“Yes, it is a yearly event.”
 
“So this was an `official' tribal event?”
 
Cologne seemed confused and annoyed, “Of course it was official. What are you getting at?”
 
“I'm getting to it, have patience.”
 
The elder gave a mild snort. “I'm 300 years old. Patience is one thing I have in ample supply.”
 
“At this tournament there was a table full of foods that were intended as a feast for the winner of the tournament.”
 
“Not just the winner. She gets first choice of the food on the winner's table and, as a gesture of generosity, she shares the rest with her defeated opponents.”
 
Nabiki nodded to acknowledge the correction. “So when Shampoo saw Ranma and her father eating from the food on the table before she'd made her pick, she was angry. She was also angry because Ranma hadn't fought for the right to a share of the feast, is that right?”
 
“Exactly right.”
 
“So with the entire village as witness, Shampoo challenged Ranma to fight for the food.”
 
“That is also correct. I still don't see where you are going with this.”
 
Nabiki just said, “Bear with me, I'm getting there. Anyway, after Ranma beat Shampoo in the fight, Shampoo kissed Ranma on the cheek - the Kiss of Death. That is a promise to track her to ends of the earth and kill her. According to the outsider laws that is what is done when an outsider female defeats one of your warriors. Is that correct?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“Let me see that, please.” Cologne handed the bundle of printouts to Nabiki. She leafed through it untul she found a passage she had marked. She read, “An exception to this law will be made if, during an official Tribal event, an Amazon warrior issues a formal challenge to an Outsider female for an agreed upon goal or prize. If the outsider female should win the challenge, she is exempt from the Kiss of Death. If it is the outsider female who issues the challenge the Kiss of Death is still valid.”
 
Cologne looked stunned and Shampoo seemed to be trying to think of something to say. Nabiki set the printouts down and tapped them with her finger. “Do you agree that this is a valid Joketsuzoku Amazon law?”
 
Cologne sputtered a moment then seemed to regain control of herself. “Even if the Kiss of Death was not valid that still doesn't change the fact that Ranma defeated Shampoo while in male form. Our law still requires her to marry him.”
 
“Does it? I'm not so sure. The whole reason Shampoo was in Japan was to chase Ranma and try to kill her. Considering that she illegally gave Ranma the Kiss of Death, if she had managed to kill Ranma, she would have been guilty of murder.”
 
There was a gasp from Shampoo. Mousse was listening with great interest.
 
Nabiki continued, “International agreements have been established that say when a person is traveling outside of their own country they are subject to the laws of the country they are visiting. Japan doesn't recognize the Amazon Outsider laws and would probably consider them barbaric if they ever formally reviewed them.”
 
“Our tribe was not a signatory to those agreements.”
 
“The PRC was. But that's beside the point.” Nabiki made a `gimme' gesture and said, “Please.”
 
Cologne handed over the computer copy of the lawbook. Nabiki leafed through it again until she came to another marked passage. She handed it back to the Amazon elder.
 
“I think this was probably put in to keep any of your warriors from using their training and combat skills to terrorize other villages. Certainly to do so would dishonor the village and could bring unwelcome attention from the PRC government. It refers to a warrior who attacks the home or people in a home in another village without a legal reason. A warrior who does this is declared in violation of Amazon law. In such a situation if a male who is defending his home or the people in it should defeat the Amazon warrior, that male is exempt from the Kiss of Marriage.”
 
She turned, “Ranma how did you end up defeating Shampoo the first time in your male form?”
 
Ranma nodded. “Shampoo didn't know about my curse, so she thought my girl form was a different person. She came to the Tendo home and demanded to know where we had hidden girl Ranma. She threatened to hit Akane with her Bonborri. I kicked it out of her hand and it flew up in the air. When it came down it hit Shampoo on the head and knocked her out.”
 
Nabiki asked, “You were afraid that by defeating Shampoo you had earned a Kiss of Death for you male self as well as your girl side?”
 
“That's right.”
 
“So you were surprised when Shampoo kissed you on the lips instead of the cheek and started calling you `husband' and saying she loved you?”
 
“Surprised doesn't even start to cover it.”
 
Cologne had a downcast expression on her face. Forgetting to use her pidgin Japanese, Shampoo said, “Great Grandmother, you can't let her do this. Ranma is mine by right. He is my husband!”
 
Cologne sadly shook her head. “No… no, he isn't. Miss Tendo is correct. According our own laws you had no legal right to pursue Ranma here. The Kiss of Marriage was not valid because he was defending the residents of his home. If the Kiss of Death had been valid we could make a case, but as it is they've got us. For what both you and I have done since then, they would be within their rights to have us arrested and either put in prison or deported back to China.”
 
“But I love Ranma and my Airen loves me!”
 
“Uh, Shampoo?” said Nabiki. The purple haired Amazon turned.
 
“I think you have misunderstood Ranma's feelings toward you. You have been treating him like you would a male of your own tribe. Well, he isn't one. He is a really nice person who didn't want to hurt your feelings. That is why he never openly rejected you.”
 
Ranma joined the conversation. “To be honest you kind of scare me a little, Shampoo. Do you seriously think you can go from `You I kill' to `You I love' that easily? I could imagine being friends with you, but marriage, no. I've found someone I love and want to spend the rest of my life with.” She reached out and took Nabiki's hand. “Together we'll raise my baby and make a life for ourselves.”
 
The sadness left Shampoo's face to be replaced by anger. “Obstacles are for killing. If Tendo Nabiki is removed, then you will love me.”
 
Shampoo produced her bonborri and began advancing on Nabiki. She had to leap backward as a huge mallet slammed into the floor in front of her.
 
Battle aura blazing, Ranma picked up her mallet and leaned the handle against her shoulder, saying, “I told you I don't want to hear that crap from you. If you killed my wife, you'd make sure that I'd hate you forever. Then I would be the one chasing you to the ends of the earth to kill you. Do you want that?”
 
In a tiny voice Shampoo said, “No.” She burst into tears and fled up the stairs.
 
Cologne sighed sadly. “I'll try to calm her down. I guess we'll be going back to China soon. It might be best if you and Miss Tendo, sorry I mean Mrs. Saotome, would go now.”
 
As Ranma and Nabiki left the restaurant they passed by Mousse. Ranma spoke softly but she knew Mousse could hear with his sharp ears, “This could be your chance. Don't blow it by pushing too hard.”
 
As they walked away from the entrance Ranma said, “Well, that takes care of any legal claim she might have on me. She's pretty stubborn, though. She might still try to come after me or you without Cologne's approval.”
 
“I'm hoping Cologne can control her. Without that claim to you as husband, they have no reason to stay in Japan.”
 
“Did that book say anything about what kind of punishment Shampoo could get for trying to kill me when it wasn't legal?”
 
Nabiki said, “It didn't specify. It just said `a punishment that would be set by the elders of the Tribal Council.' If she'd managed to kill you she could have just been banished from the tribe and left to whatever punishment the local authorities would have dealt out to her. As it is they may feel that her Jusenkyo curse was punishment enough.”
 
“Oh, I just had a bad thought.”

“What?”
 
“If elders of the tribe think Shampoo deserves more punishment, they could lock her curse. It would be aweful if she was stuck as a c-cat for the rest of her life.”
 
“That's up to the elders of the tribe. We don't have any say in it.”
 
“Like I said, I can imagine having Shampoo as a friend. Does she have to go back to China?”
 
“I'm not sure. From what I read in their laws, if she did decide to stay in Japan, there's a good chance she'd never be allowed to return to the tribe.”
 
Ranma sighed. “I'm not sure being banished from that tribe would be such a bad thing.”
 
“It would be for her.”
 
“If she decides to stay in Japan maybe I could get Mom and Pop to adopt her. Being my sister should get her to stop trying to marry me.”
 
Nabiki considered that. “You could offer it to her as an option. Let's stop in there on the way home tomorrow and hope she's calmed down enough to listen and talk reasonably.”
 
“Ok.”
 
Sadly that was not to be. When Ranma and Nabiki stopped at the Nekohanten after school the next day the front door was locked and the “Closed” sign was in the window. A hand-lettered sign sat in the window on the other side of the door and said, “Gone out of Business.”
 
Unable to stifle her curiosity Ranma leapt to the roof and found the roof door was unlocked. She went inside for a look around then rejoined Nabiki.
 
“Looks like they packed in a hurry and left. All their clothes and personal belongings are gone. Everything else including all the restaurant equipment, pots, pans and stuff is still there. If they left to go back to China, they were traveling light.”
 
Nabiki looked a bit stunned. “I guess that's it then. When I went in there yesterday I was just hoping to get them to back off. I wasn't expecting them to turn tail and run.”
 
“Mousse went with them too. When I looked in his room I found this.” She held two boxes of instant Nannichuan powder that had a piece of paper taped to them with the name “Saotome” written on it. These were bigger boxes than the one Mousse had given as his “engagement gift.” These boxes each held 20 packets of the powder.
 
Ranma said, “I'm guessing he deliberately left the roof door unlocked because he figured I'd get curious and look in. It seems pretty obvious he left these for me or maybe us.”
 
Nabiki agreed. “I think this is either another gift or else his way of saying `thank you' for giving him a clear field to go after Shampoo.”
 
As the couple began to walk away from the restaurant, “The sad thing for me is that I'm probably never going to know how things turned out for them. Once Mousse was over that whole thing about killing me to get to Shampoo, he's not that bad a person.”
 
Nabiki said, “I don't know if I'd go that far. I mean he did try to turn my sister into a duck.”
 
Ranma nodded. “Since he can change into a duck and can fly, maybe we should keep an eye out for him. You'd think with his bad eyesight he'd get lost as bad as Ryoga when he flies, yet he always seems to get where he's going.”
 
No Author's note this time.
 
Coming Up - Ukyo is informed of the marriage. She's not happy (no surprise there.) Another Saturday night get together in the dojo. Soun catches Ranma-chan and Nabiki-kun.