Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Lost Memories ❯ Volume 04 ( Chapter 5 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: <<< Does people actually read this? Tsk tsk… Such a waste of time. Okay okay. Next volume resolution, an appropriate disclaimer shall be made.

Title: Lost Memories

Summary: A boy with a forgotten past unexpectedly arrived and came to live together with the Tendo and Saotome family. How will he affect their lives? And how will they affect his life? How will his past affect them when it came to light? A Ranma and Akane pairing.

Volume 04

Chapter 19: Kasumi's omiai

Chapter 20: Exposed!

Chapter 21: Revelations

Chapter 22: Discrepancy

Chapter 23: Hidden thoughts

Chapter 24: Ranma's hell break lose

Previously in volume 3 while Akane got angry with Ranma (Rukawa) at the end of the date,

Scene: Tendo Dojo, genkan, meanwhile,

Soun&Genma: Tadaima.

Nabiki: (Appears) (Sees a tall handsome dark brown hair youth with icy blue eyes wearing a suit) (Recognizing the guy, moves her gaze back to Soun and Genma) (Thinking) Bakas. Of all people, you brought him to be the suitor for oneechan?

Guy: (Holding Nabiki's hand) Have we met?

Nabiki: Moron… (Glares back)

Guy: That's odd. If I'd met a girl as cute as you, I'd never forget it.

Chapter 19: Kasumi's omiai

Scene: Tendo Dojo, genkan, night time, five minutes later,

Akane: (Frowning slightly, her veins still under extreme high pressure as boiling blood, pumped by her hyperactive heart, travel pass through through them) Tadaima. (Sigh) (Thinking) Am I really that uncute for Ranma? But he just complimented me to be kawaii during dinner. Arghh! Ranma is always giving me a headache. (Slides open the door furiously) #Bam…# (Sees Nabiki leaning on the wall, contemplating)

Ranma (Rukawa): (Follows behind Akane quietly) (Thinking) What a night.

Nabiki: (Looks up at Akane) Welcome back Akane. (Switches her gaze to Ranma then turns back to Akane) How did your date go?

Akane: It's fine Nabiki. Why are you standing here?

Nabiki: (Grimly) You wouldn't believe it Akane. (Thinking) Oh well, (Shrugs) a sister gotta do what a sister gotta do. I'm too kind.

Akane: Did something happen?

Ranma (Rukawa): Hmm?

Nabiki: Well you see, oto-san called home an hour ago when oneechan, Rukawa-kun and I were having dinner.

Akane: And?

Nabiki: Oto-san informed oneechan to prepare herself up…

Akane: Ara, for what?

Nabiki: Oto-san had arranged an omiai for oneechan with someone who is supposedly worthy of her. And oto-san brought him here for the meeting. (Sarcasm in her voice) Oh isn't it so exciting, Akane? Oto-san was practically elated over the phone as if he was the one going to possibly get marry.

Ranma (Rukawa): (Tries to stifles an emerging giggle upon catching sight of Nabiki glaring at him)

Akane: Ara, after in less than a day? Oh well, if oneechan doesn't mind…

Nabiki: (Turns to Akane and smirks) Right now, oneechan and our potential brother in law are (Emphasizes) busy (Wiggles her eyebrows suggestively) in her room getting to know each other, alone. They had just entered. (Winks at Ranma) If her suitor likes her, oneechan is likely to agree to the marriage since oto-san wants her to do so, for her own good.

Ranma (Rukawa): (Starts to feel uneasy) (Thinking) What's with the wink…

Akane: Any guy will surely like oneechan.

Nabiki: Oh definitely Akane. This guy even without the right state of mind will definitely like oneechan. Come to think of it, he will like any girl who is beautiful. (Shrugs) But I tell you Akane, you wouldn't want him to be your brother in law. (Grins)

Akane: (Frowns a little) Aitsu wa dare? [Who is he?] (A/N: Aitsu is correctly translated as That Person. Aitsu-ra is translated as Them)

Nabiki: 1000 yen please.

Akane: Fine then, I will find out by myself. (Thinking) Why did oto-san choose someone that doesn't seem good in Nabiki oneechan opinion in the first place especially to partner with Kasumi oneechan? (Notices Ranma still standing peacefully behind her) (Face-faults) (Sigh) Both oneechan and my iinazukes are potentially pathetic… Both chosen by oto-san.

Nabiki: (Grinning) Be my guest. (Thinking) I'm sure I can count on Akane to stop any probable wedding with that creep. Seriously oto-san is blind, Saotome oji-san I have nothing to say and Ranma was hopeless. (Frowns slightly)

Akane: By the way oneechan, where is Rukawa-kun?

Nabiki: (Sweatdrops) (Relates recent incident)

(Start of flashback sequence)

Scene: Tendo Dojo, genkan,

Soun&Genma: Tadaima.

Nabiki: (Appears) (Sees a tall handsome dark brown hair boy with icy blue eyes wearing a suit) (Recognizing the suitor, moves her gaze back to Soun and Genma) (Thinking) Bakas. Of all people, you brought him to be the suitor for oneechan?

Guy: (Holding Nabiki's hand) Have we met?

Nabiki: (Glares back) Moron…

Guy: That's odd. If I'd met a girl as cute as you, I'd never forget it.

Soun: (Thinking) Look at him. What a gentleman. Such a ladies man. So polite. He will be good for Kasumi-chan. (Begins to speak) Where is Kasumi, Nabiki? I'm sure she will be so excited to meet her suitor.

Nabiki: (Nods her head towards the staircase) Up in her room, getting ready. (Leans on the wall, inside the house)

Rukawa (Ranma): (Appears, drinking a can of juice) (Sees Nabiki leaning on the wall, with a guy "hitting" on her) (Instantly recognizes the guy) (Gets sickened to the core) (Yells) What the hell are you doing here! (Points out his index finger)

Guy: (Coolly) Do I know you?

Soun: Now, now Rukawa-kun. Be polite to our guest. This is Kasumi's suitor.

Rukawa (Ranma): NANI! (Thinking) I can't believe this. (Yells) You can't be serious! Him?!

Soun/Genma: (Look at each other in the eye) (Light flashes momentarily in their eyes) (Thinking) We cannot allow Rukawa-kun to object our decision however much he is infatuated with Kasumi-chan! (Jump onto Rukawa and tie him up at turbo speed)

Rukawa (Ranma): What the hell you doing! Let me go! He is a maniacal sex fie-omph.

Genma: (Finishes taping Rukawa's mouth)

Guy: (Thinking conceitedly) He must be jealous of my good looks. (Brushes off his hair vainly and turns to Nabiki) (Smiles charmingly) Do you know that, you're getting cuter by the second?

Nabiki: (Stares back expressionlessly) (Thinking) Well he is rather rich. Heh. Still I can't stand this idiot. A two-timer like Kuno is better than him anyway. Easier to manipulate also hee!

Genma: (Drags Rukawa away) (Thinking) With Kasumi-kun nearing to getting married, maybe Akane-kun will finally decide to agree with her wedding with Ranma. And the Schools will be joined. And more importantly I will get free boarding here. (Grins widely to himself) Mahahaha!

Soun: Come now. Kasumi is right this way. (Escorts Kasumi's suitor upstairs) (Thinking) He is such a gentleman, certainly more than good enough for Kasumi.

Nabiki: (Thinking) I need to stop this. Having him as part of the family would be immensely unbearable. Hmm…

(End of flashback sequence)

Nabiki: (Thinking) I thought I could count on Ranma to stop the omiai there. Guess Akane will do the job now.

Akane: (Sweating) Poor Rukawa-kun… (Thinking) He must really care for oneechan.

Rukawa (Ranma): (Thinking) Tendo oji-san and Saotome oji-san are so violent… Ranma, my body…

Akane: Ne Ranma you go find Rukawa-kun and free him okay.

Rukawa (Ranma): Hai Akane. (Moves off looking for Rukawa)

Akane: (Climbs up the stairs to the second level) (Thinking) I wonder who is this suitor for oneechan. (Sees Soun closing Kasumi's door) Oto-san!

(A/N: The omiai itself consists of a matchmaker, the man and woman as well as the parents of the two concerned. It will usually take place in a private room of a classy Japanese restaurant with the man and woman attending in formal wear. Generally, relaxed conversation will consume the first half of the meeting while the man and woman will be left alone to talk to each other in the latter half. Before all these happened, both parties would have taken a look at each other photos previously before agreeing to meet up. But this is Tendo Soun. He always does it differently. Remember Ranma and Akane's omiai, which ended with a table on onna-Ranma, Soun had never seen Ranma before which is why his daughters were in disbelief. The background of the other party in other words Ranma should be known to him. But he knew nothing about Ranma except being Saotome Genma's son)

Soun: (Looks at Akane) (Blocks Akane) Now, now Akane. We shouldn't disturb Kasumi and-

Akane: I want to see who he is oto-san. (Brushes off Soun)

Soun: But what for? You have Ranma-kun already, Akane. I don't want you to change suit-

Akane: What does that jerk gotta do with this? I just have a bad feeling about this. (Opens Kasumi's door forcefully) (The sight of an extremely tall and handsome dark brown hair boy wearing a suit in a passionate embrace with Kasumi, who have an embarrassed, slightly scared and defeated look on her face, his head guiding towards Kasumi's lips, greeting her) (Horrified) Sanzenin no hentai! (Throws her handbag at Sanzenin)

#Ka-plonk!#

Mikado: (Feels the impact on his right profile) (Falls to the ground releasing Kasumi) Ite. (Rubs his face charismatically)

Kasumi: (Falls on her butt) Ara ara. (Thinking) He almost kisses me, just like that, after oto-san left us.(A/N: If you guys ain't sure about this ara or ara ara words, it can be translated in a variety of meanings in different situations. In this case, a suitable translation would be "oh dear". It can also be translated as "oh my" or "good grief". In other words it is like a polite and soft exclamation remark. Westerners will usually favor to use "Oh my god!" and so on. Saying out "ara" once and "ara ara" twice are used in different situations. Rurouni Kenshin on the other hand pronounce it as oro oro)

Akane: (Thinking) His head really is hollow. (Begins to speak angrily) What are you doing to my oneechan!

Soun: Akane! What are you doing to our guest?!

Mikado: You've completely ruined the dramatic tension!

Akane: (Scowls) Tension my foot! (Stamps her foot on the floor, her index finger pointing menacingly at Mikado) You were…

Mikado: (Smirks) Jealous that your sister would kiss me? (Thinking) Ah to be beautiful is also hard. To have women fighting over you just because of a kiss. (Sigh exaggeratedly and strokes his hair back conceitedly)

Akane: You literally force yourself on her you jerk!

Mikado: (Brings Kasumi back to her feet) I'm sorry for this rude girl interruption. (Leans towards Kasumi) By way of an apology… (Stylishly guides his face towards Kasumi's again)

Kasumi: (Disbelief expressed on her face) Ara…

Akane: (Scowling) (Thinking) This pervert is so persistent! (Yells) Yarggghhh! (Swings down a mallet onto Mikado)

Mikado: (Dodges away with Kasumi in his arms)

#Bram… Crack!#

The floor splintered upon the impact of Akane's mallet.

Akane: (Growls) Get away from my oneechan you hentai!

Mikado: Why? As of today, I am her lover. I'll let her go on a date with me afterwards.

Soun: Calm down Akane. Sanzenin-kun is…

Akane: (Yells crossly) Oto-san!

Soun: (Wails) Waaah! My baby daughter yelled at her father…

Mikado: Tendo Akane, are you not? A cute girl like you, how could I ever forget. Such a pleasure it is to see you again.

Akane: Grr… (Shaking with rage)

Kasumi: Ara oto-san, daijobou. [Is all right] Akane-chan doesn't mean it.

Mikado: Are you still brooding over the time I was unable to kiss you? What a shame... Allow me to rectify…

Rukawa (Ranma): (Shouting) Where is that maniacal sex-fiend of a womanizer skirt-chaser hentai creep! (Rushes into Kasumi's room like a maniac)

Mikado: (Frowns a little) (Thinking) There is only one person who would address me in such an atrocious manner, Saotome Ranma. (Sees Rukawa entering the room) (Blinks, surprised) Him again! What does he want?

Rukawa (Ranma): Don't you dare force your filthy lips onto Akane or Kasumi oneechan! (Knocks Mikado to the ground, freeing Kasumi from him)

Kasumi: Ara ara. (Covers her mouth) (Thinking) Oh dear, such shocking behavior from everyone.

Soun: (Stops crying) Nani why is Rukawa-kun here? (Thinking) He should be safely tied up. Saotome-kun you're hopeless.

Akane: Rukawa-kun!

Ranma (Rukawa): (Arrives at the scene) (Sweating) (Thinking) I hope he won't cause any more trouble. He had just beaten up his father unconscious after I released him. Wait. It means I beat Genma oji-san. Yare yare…

Akane: (Sees a slightly worried Ranma watching the scene) (Thinking) Ranma look rather calm.

Mikado: Why do you persist to stop me? I don't even know you.

Akane: (Thinking) How did Rukawa-kun know Sanzenin? I thought he lost all his memories.

Rukawa (Ranma): (Thinking) I will never allow this pervert to ill-treat Kasumi oneechan! She deserves way much better than this creep! (Begins to speak) You have to take on me first before you can get her!

Mikado: What a refreshing way to issue a challenge! Very well, I will accept.

Kasumi: Ara. (Thinking) Mikado-kun and Rukawa-kun want to fight over me? Oh my. This is so improper.

Akane: (Thinking) This seems so familiar.

Soun: (Thinking) These have gone far enough! (Shouts) There will not be any challenge of any sort!

Rukawa (Ranma): Huh?

Soun: (Dignified expression on his face) Kasumi is Sanzenin-kun by right. There will be no competitions! And no objections except from Kasumi herself.

Akane: Shikashi… [But…]

Mikado: (Smirks) I win. Of course, the handsome one always wins.

Rukawa (Ranma): Teme! (Glares at Mikado)

Mikado: (Arrogantly) I'm the handsome one here. No girls can resist me. There's no need to deny it. I have won many hearts, and sadly broken them as well.

Soun: NANI!

Akane: (Sweatdrops) (Thinking) Does oto-san finally understands why we are against this pervert.

Soun: (Performs his demon head technique) YOU WILL NOT WIN NOR BREAK MY KASUMI'S HEART! (Pummels Mikado away)

#Thump! Crash!#

Mikado: (Crashes out of the Kasumi's window flying through the stratosphere)

Kasumi: Ara. (Covers her mouth)

Rukawa (Ranma): (Thinking) Nice. (Mutters to himself) Now who is the winner you maniacal sex fiend pervert.

Akane: (Thinking) That pervert deserves it.

Ranma (Rukawa): (Thinking) No comment.

Scene: Tendo Dojo, genkan,

Nabiki: (Leaning to the wall, listening to the chaos upstairs) (Observes her fingernails carefully with interest) (Mutters) Ah problem solved by dear old oto-san. I'm too nice.

------

Chapter 20: Exposed!

Scene: Tendo Dojo, living room, Tuesday morning, breakfast time,

Soun: (Eating his bowl of rice) Ne Kasumi-chan. Gomen ne for yesterday. I make a mistake. (Thinking) A big mistake. I was such a fool. How could I be blinded by his gentlemanly behavior? (Shakes his head) It didn't help when all the girls there were swooning over him. I really believe in that guy.

Kasumi: (Nods) Hai oto-san. Anyway Mikado-kun is younger than me. (Continues to eat her rice serenely) (Peeks at Rukawa) (Thinking) Does Rukawa-kun really care for me that much till he is willing to stop Mikado-kun from… He looked so angry so mature, so charming… (Blushes) (Glances at Ranma) I wonder why Ranma-kun was so absent-minded and actually went into my room to sleep yesterday before Rukawa-kun entered and talked to him.

Akane: (Thinking) Rukawa-kun was so protective of oneechan yesterday. He must really do care for her. (Looks at Rukawa) (Sweatdrops)

Rukawa (Ranma): (Scoffing down his food) (Thinking) Hah! Akane is super wrong to say my stomach is a bottomless pit. Even when I'm in Rukawa's body, I am still feeling just as hungry. Hah!

Akane: (Thinking) Rukawa-kun seems to be picking up Ranma's eating habits. (Looks at Ranma)

Ranma (Rukawa): (Eating his food) (Thinking) Must switch back to my own body soon. I can't stand acting like Ranma any longer.

Akane: (Sweatdrops) (Thinking) Is Ranma picking up Rukawa-kun's eating habits now?

Nabiki: (Thinking) Hmm now how am I gonna make money off them? Blackmailing Ranma-kun is getting to be kinda boring. I want it to be more interesting and entertaining as well as profitable.

Genma: (Gobbling his food) (Glances at Rukawa wolfing down his food too) (Turns back to concentrate on his bowl) (Thinking) Hmm he can sure eat too. (Looks up at Rukawa again) I wonder why Rukawa-kun forgot that he was supposed to sleep in Kasumi-san's room. He asked Tendo-kun for it and Kasumi-san also wished for him to stay in her room. But yesterday he actually laid into Ranma's futon and slept. I had to remind him. Strange.

Scene: Tendo Dojo, porch, after breakfast,

Ranma (Rukawa): Ranma we need to find a way to switch back.

Rukawa (Ranma): Wakatta. Wakatta. [I know I know] We're going to find Gosunkugi and torture him now. (Hears voices) Eh? We have visitors?

(A/N: Just a reminder that it is a holiday today. Mentioned in volume 2 when Ranma asked Akane out. So there is no school today)

Scene: Tendo Dojo, living room,

Rukawa (Ranma): (Sees Nabiki, Akane, Soun, Kasumi, Genma, Kuno, Sasuke and Gindo sitting down)

Soun: Ah Ranma-kun, Rukawa-kun. Come sit down we have a very interesting visitor today. (Nods towards Gindo)

Rukawa (Ranma): (Sits down) (Thinking) What does Kuno want now?

Ranma (Rukawa): (Sits down) (Thinking) I just wanna change back to my own body.

Sasuke: This is a friend of mine, Gin-chan, a very skillful fortuneteller who…

Kuno: (Solemn look on his face, crosses his arms) Skillful but prone to make mistakes. (Remembering his forecast prediction of Nabiki being his future wife)

Gindo: Ahem. (Clears his throat) (Thinking) It wasn't my fault.

Sasuke: As I was saying, Tatewaki-sama wants to prove to you all that Tendo Akane's heart lies with him, and Gin-chan here will create a potion that will… (A/N: Wonder why English subtitles always show Sasuke calling him "young master Kuno" when Sasuke call him Tatewaki-sama - a very polite form of Mr Tatewaki or Master Tatewaki)

Kuno: Enough Sasuke.

Sasuke: Hai Tatewaki-sama. (Bows) (Sits down)

Kuno: (Stands up) Boku wa Kuno Tatewaki [I am Tatewaki Kuno] aged 17 sophomore and captain of Furinkan Koukou Kendo club, shall reveal the truth of Tendo Akane's heart of whom she truly yearns for, her true love, which is me and not that sinful fiancée's of her, the foul Saotome who obviously had cast a spell on her!

Everyone except Sasuke&Gindo: (Stares with an eyebrow raised)

Rukawa (Ranma): (Scowls) (Shaking in anger) (Vein pops up on his right temple)

Akane: (Frowns) I'm warning you, Kuno-senpai... Interfere with me again and you won't live to regret it...

Kuno: (Points his bokken to Ranma) At last, the sneaky craft of Saotome still controls the fair Tendo Akane for his evil desires. (Faces Akane) Nevertheless do not give up Akane-kun, for I shall save you once and for all. You must resist him. For you, for me, for us both. (Push his head backwards, stroking his hair back charmingly)

Akane: (Face-faults) (Thinking) You are the one who need saving Kuno-senpai…

Ranma (Rukawa): Huh? (Thinking) There seem to be a number of crafts going on here in Nerima. First was that idiot's craft that switch Ranma and me. Now what kind of craft is Kuno-san talking about?

Akane: Ano ne Kuno-senpai…

Soun: Quiet Akane. (Turns to face Kuno) So Kuno-kun, you want to prove to us that Akane actually loves you? Can you do that?

Kuno: Precisely Tendo-san. Sasuke's friend, Gindo, (Pats Gindo's shoulder) here shall prove it to you. Once proven, I shall take Tendo Akane as my bride.

Akane: Why you…

Rukawa (Ranma): Grr…

Soun: Calm down Akane… And er Rukawa-kun. (Thinking) Why is Rukawa-kun agitated? (Begins to speak) Why don't you eh perform the ritual now? And let us see who is the person that Akane yearns for. How does it work?

Akane: (In disbelief) What are you doing oto-san?!

Soun: As your father, I am interested Akane. (Thinking) Maybe it can finally be reveal that Akane secretly loves Ranma and the Schools can be joined soon after that. Mahahaha!

Genma: Ah hah! Me too Akane-kun! I am also fascinated by it. We martial artists are always interested to learn more about other crafts. We must be open-minded.

Akane: (Frowns) (Thinking) I will never drink anything that Kuno-senpai and those bakas are going to cook up!

Gindo: Very well. (Goes to the courtyard) (Lights up firewood) (Cooks up his concoction in a cauldron)

Sasuke: (Helps Gindo in his preparation)

Scene: Tendo Dojo, courtyard, later,

Kuno: (Leaning on the wall of the house with a grim expression) (Imagining)

(Start of imagination sequence)

Scene: A very brightly colored joyful background,

Akane: (Wearing a sexy costume) (Running towards Kuno dramatically, waving her hand gracefully) Kuno-senpai…

Kuno: (Running towards Akane romantically) Oh, Akane-kun…

Akane/Kuno: (Embrace each other tightly, turning round and round with incredible happiness)

Akane: (Sweetly) Kuno-senpai. Arigato gozai masu for saving me from that evil Saotome Ranma.

Kuno: It is my duty as a humble warrior to protect thee, Tendo Akane-kun.

Onna-Ranma: (Appears and stood nearby) (Sadly) Kuno-senpai…

Kuno: (Sees his osage na onna in an even skimpier outfit with arms and legs chained up) Ah Osage na onna!

Onna-Ranma: (Clench her hands into fists, and hold them below her chin with big tearful eyes 'Standard Anime Cute Behavior #12345') Please save me from my captor Saotome Ranma too…

Kuno: (Loudly and grinning madly) Of course I shall, my dear lovely Osage na onna. (Holds Akane in one hand and embraces Onna-Ranma with the other hand) I shall save you both and we can live happily together. (Laughs madly) (Advances towards Akane to kiss her)

(End of imagination sequence)

Nabiki: (Approaching Kuno) Kuno-chan what are you doing?

Kuno: (Love-sick face) Heh heh… Heh heh heh… (Drooling excessively)

Nabiki: (Face-faults) (Mentally sigh to herself) 'Aho. (Pokes Kuno)

Kuno: Ow! (Sees Nabiki) (Annoyed) Tendo Nabiki. How dare you disturb me from kissing Akane-kun!

Nabiki: Anta wa 'aho ka? [Are you a moron?]

Kuno: (Looks around) Oh where have my pure maiden gone…

Nabiki: (Sweetly) Ne Kuno-chan.

Kuno: (Irritated) What do you want?

Nabiki: (Shows Kuno two photos of Ranma and Akane on a date with her left hand)

Kuno: Nani! (Grabs the photos) What are these atrocious photos!

Nabiki: (Put out a right hand) You owe me 5000 yen.

Kuno: No I did not.

Nabiki: (Shows Kuno a piece of paper with her left hand)

Kuno: (Takes the paper and read it aloud) Betting Pool. Placement of bets. Mitsui year 1 class E 500 yen signed paid tick, Ohgami year 3 class A 1500 yen signed paid tick, Kaoru year 1 class A 750 yen signed paid, Kakuta year 2 class B 500 yen signed paid tick, Akagi year 3 class F 1750 yen signed paid, (Hears Nabiki saying "lower, lower Kuno-chan") (Scrolls downwards) Kuno-chan year 2 class E 5000 yen signed paid… Untick… (Scrolls further downwards) Gamblers will be paid 5 times of their placement bets if Ranma takes Akane out on a date before Tuesday. Nani! Your sister would have resist from being taken to such a dreadful date, Tendo Nabiki! You cannot trick me that Akane-kun went out on a date with Saotome!

Nabiki: That's why I have these two photos Kuno-chan. (Dangling the two photos in front of Kuno's eyes) Come on Kuno-chan. Pay up.

Kuno: Tell me Nabiki, why did I bet on this infernal betting pool?

Nabiki: Because Kuno-chan, you truly believe my sister isn't going to go out with Ranma and you want to earn the money that you have lost from the past.

Kuno: (Suspiciously) How do you know that when I myself do not know?! Do not attempt to trick me Tendo Nabiki, for I won't be manipulated easily. Even the sorcerer Saotome Ranma couldn't put a spell on me.

Nabiki: (Smirks) You told me when you were betting. Now, now Kuno-chan, pay up. Don't give me anymore excuses. Your name is there, your signature is there, only your money is not in my purse yet.

Kuno: Matte. How do I know this isn't a composite photo?!

Nabiki: Making a composite photo is not my style.

Kuno: Do not lie Tendo Nabiki.

Nabiki: 'Aho. I won't be making money if I get someone to help make a composite photo.

Kuno: I am unconvinced.

Nabiki: (Glares at Kuno revoltingly with her deadly vile eyes) (Coolly) Kuno-chan…

Kuno: Fine! (Pays Nabiki) Tendo Nabiki. Do you realize you're so much more repulsive from your fair sister?!

Nabiki: (Evenly) I just loved it Kuno-chan. (Mutters) Anything to keep you away from me. (Receives the money) (Sickening sweet voice) Arigato gozai mashite Kuno-chan. Hmm why do you decide to pay up?

Kuno: If I do not, I may lose even more money later on because of your evil schemes.

Nabiki: Hahaha! (Pats Kuno shoulder amiably) You're getting smarter Kuno-chan.

Kuno: You realized that I detest you?

Nabiki: (Heavy sarcasm in her voice) Oh I'm so scared Kuno-chan. Maybe I won't sell you these photos of Akane's. (Smirks) (Starts fanning herself with some photos)

Kuno: (Eyes look up and down following the fanning movements of Nabiki) (Eyes bulge) Ohhh! That is Tendo Akane, very close to her purest form! (A/N: Purest as in naked, very close to purest mean skimpy outfit =D)

Nabiki: Lalala… (Thinking) I just love making money.

Kuno: How much, Nabiki?

Nabiki: Since you provoked me just now, Kuno-chan, I shall raise the price to 16000 yen.

Kuno: 16000 yen! Nabiki you are sucking my wallet dry.

Nabiki: Oh well Kuno-chan since you're my most regular customer, I shall sell to you for 15000 yen. These photos aren't easy to get you know. (Winks temptingly)

Kuno: …

Nabiki: It's fine if you're not interested Kuno-chan. I can always find another loyal buyer for them. After all this are the first and only edition. (Swiftly keeps the photos)

Kuno: Matte! (Grumbles) Fine! (Pays Nabiki) You will regret for this infernal treachery one of these days Nabiki.

Nabiki: I'm still waiting for that day to come Kuno-chan. (Grins) What's so treacherous about selling some innocent photos anyway Kuno-chan? (Gives him the photos) (Enters the house back and sits on a cushion in the living room) (Thinking) Chocolate galore. New discman. Whee! This is life. Now let's see, Ranma-kun and Rukawa-kun, their turn. I must be prepared to strike when the opportunity comes.

(A/N: For those Nabiki and Kuno fans, heh heh, in my view Kuno and Nabiki won't really fall in love with each other. They really hate each other in actual fact. Nabiki calling Kuno, Kuno-chan aka Kuno-baby is just sarcastic like Ranma calling him Kuno-senpai. Nabiki is disgusted with Kuno's obsession with her sister and onna-Ranma but cash in money off him all the same. Though I do agree they both look cute together during that episode. Wonder what event needs to happen to make someone like Nabiki to fall for Kuno of all people)

------

Gindo: It is done.

Kuno: Finally. (Keeps his treasured photos under his hakama) (A/N: Hakama is the clothing that Kuno always wears, worn by kendoist. Motoko from Love Hina also wore a hakama. Heh Motoko looks more powerful with a katana than Kuno keke. Got special attacks some more)

Everyone: (Watch Gindo transfers the yellow concoction into a vial)

Gindo: Drink this potion and the drinker will be pull to his or her lover by body attraction.

Soun: What do you mean by body attraction?

Gindo: Once the potion is drunk, the drinker's body will be pull to the one that he truly loves and stick to her body for twenty seconds. This will also work even if the drinker does not know whom he loves, himself. Even if he is not sure if he love her, this concoction will help him determine his true feelings. There is no denying it.

Soun: Sou ka? [Is it?] Akane. (Takes the vial from Gindo and tries to force Akane to drink) Drink this.

Akane: (Shocked) I am not going to drink that disgusting thing! Let Ranma drink it.

Soun: Good idea! (Approaches Ranma) Ranma-kun.

Ranma (Rukawa): Huh? Me? No! Never! (Resists Soun's attempt to force it down his throat)

Soun: Saotome-kun, help me.

Genma: (Stops Ranma from struggling) Don't move Ranma!

Ranma (Rukawa): I'm not gonna drink that… That thing!

Rukawa (Ranma): Kora! Chotto! (Joins in the skirmish)

Kuno: No that is not the way!

Soun,Genma,Rukawa(Ranma)&Ranma(Rukawa): (Stop struggling) (Stare at Kuno) Ara?

Kasumi,Nabiki&Akane: Hmm? (Looks at Kuno)

Kuno: I want to prove that Akane's heart lies with me and not Saotome Ranma! She must drink it. If Saotome Ranma drank it, he will attract all the women in the world to himself. That foul enslaver of women!

Rukawa (Ranma): Temee! I oughta… (Jumps onto Kuno)

Kuno: (Struggles with Rukawa) Kisama! What do you want you evil accomplice of Saotome Ranma!

Rukawa (Ranma): What evil accomplice you corrupted nonsense sprouting samurai idiot! Teme wa…

Soun: Akane drink it please. (Tries to persuade Akane into consuming the concoction)

Genma: Just a sip Akane-kun.

Akane: (Resists all attempts by Soun and Genma)

Kasumi: Ara oto-san, Saotome oji-sama, that's not very nice.

Kuno&Rukawa(Ranma): (Skirmishing with each other)

Ranma (Rukawa): (Sweatdrops) (Thinking) This is getting out of hand.

Kasumi: Ara ara. Be careful Ranma-kun, Kuno-kun. You may…

Kuno&Rukawa(Ranma): (Crash into Soun and Akane)

Soun: Ara! (Vial knocked off his hand) No… (Sees the vial falling and falling…)

Akane: Ouch! (Falls on her butt) (Overturned vial lands directly into her mouth) (Swallows the concoction) (Eyes widen in horror)

Soun: …Yes!

Kasumi: Ara, Akane-chan daijobou?

Ranma (Rukawa): (Thinking) I have a bad feeling about this.

Others: (Breathes in expectantly)

Akane: (Disgusted face) (Clutches her throat) (Feels a force working in her chest pulling her towards…) (Thinking) Kuno-senpai? Sonna… [No way…]

Kuno: Ah haha as I've expected. (Open his arms out wide) Come into my arms, Akane-ku… Oof!

Akane: (Crashes past Kuno and bonds chest to chest with Rukawa, the impact forcing them to the ground with Akane on top of Rukawa)

Everyone: …

Ranma (Rukawa): (Shakes his head) (Thinking) We are so dead.

Rukawa (Ranma): (Face reddens brightly) (Nervously) Ha… Yo A-Akane… (Thinking) Does this mean that Akane loves me?

Soun: (Thinking) Akane... Rukawa-kun... (Begins to speak) So much for my nice quiet holiday at home... Rukawa! Akane! (Increases his head size and mouth) WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS RUKAWA-KUN, AKANE! SEPARATE FROM EACH OTHER THIS INSTANCE AND SIT DOWN AND EXPLAIN YOURSELVES NOW!

Akane: (Feeling deafened with echoes vibrating in her head) (Thinking) No, no. Why am I stuck to Rukawa-kun. I can't be secretly falling in love with Rukawa-kun unknowingly) (Notices Kasumi keenly watching Rukawa and herself) (Begins to speak) I have nothing to do with this!

Kasumi: Ara. (Lays a hand on her cheek) (Thinking) Oh dear this is so…

Nabiki: (Smothered expression) (Thinking) Calm down. Calm down. Must not laugh. Relax, relax. Breathe in breathe out yes breathe in breathe out. There is nothing funny about this. Really nothing. It is just a good time to make more money. Yes. More money. To make money a business-like calm attitude is important.

Ranma (Rukawa): (Glances at Nabiki) (Thinking) She looks sick… Is the sight of Akane and my body together that weird… I feel insulted. Man I can't wait to follow Ranma's suggestion of torturing that Gosunkuji fella now…

Nabiki: (Controlled herself) (Maintains her cool expression) (Speaks dryly) Well Kuno-chan. Looks like Akane does not love you.

Kuno: This is a lie! Kisama! [You!] (Points to Gindo) Your fortune telling failed again!

Everyone: (Sweatdrop)

Kuno: (Points to Rukawa) Kisama, Akane-kun ni taishite narenareshi! [You, are acting very familiar with Akane-kun!] Do you not know me! Hito yonde, Furinkan Koukou no Aoi Ikazuchi. [My peers call me Blue Thunder of Furinkan High]

Blue lightning strikes melodramatically.

#Broo-oomm…#

Kuno: Boku wa Kuno Tatewaki, age 17, second year and undefeated captain of Furinkan Koukou Kendo club, the rising new star of the high school Kendo world. The sound of my voice strikes fear into the hearts of my enemies. I hereby challenge you to a duel whereby the winner shall date Akane-kun. Prepare to pit your skills against me, Saotome's hideous accomplice!

Rukawa (Ranma): I accept your oof. (Feels his breath rushing out of him as Akane presses hard on him)

Akane: (Gets up and removes herself from Rukawa, red face and scowling) Urusei Kuno-senpai! Meiwaku da wa! [Shut up Upperclassman Kuno! You're bothering me!] (Pummels Kuno away)

#Crash!#

Kuno: Ahhhh! (Flies off to the edge of the town)

Sasuke: Ah Tatewaki-sama! (Runs after Kuno)

Gindo: Wait for me Sasuke! (Runs after Sasuke)

Kasumi: (Thinking) Oh dear Akane can't possibly love Rukawa-kun. She loves Ranma with all her heart. Or… Am I wrong?

Genma: (Thinking) Hmm maybe Kasumi or Nabiki can marries Ranma to join the school. I don't want to leave this easy life and rough out in the country again.

Soun: (Body shaking) (Gritting his teeth in disbelief) (Thinking) Rukawa-kun… Yesterday you were found together with Kasumi. Today you were known to steal Akane's heart. Tomorrow is Nabiki going to be your next victim? (Begins to speak) What is the meaning of this?

Rukawa (Ranma): (Shake his hands violently) I didn't do anything!

Akane: (Reddening face) I d-do not love Rukawa-kun oto-san. (Glances at Kasumi) There must have been something wrong with that potion.

Soun: Akane, sou da na. [You're right] After all you love Ranma-kun.

Akane: I don't love that jerk!

Ranma (Rukawa): (Sweatdrops)

Soun: (Wails) Waah! I thought the schools could be joined.

Genma: Patience Tendo-kun.

Nabiki: Pay me 5000 yen and I will help you solve the problem. (Grins)

Soun: Nani?

Rukawa (Ranma): Eh? (Thinking) I don't like the sound of this.

Ranma (Rukawa): Heh?

Akane: Nabiki oneechan you know what is going on?

Nabiki: 500 yen, Akane if you want to know the answer to that.

Akane: (Face-faults)

Ranma(Rukawa)&Rukawa(Ranma): (Thinking) Uh oh… This is bad.

Kasumi: Ara Nabiki, that is not very nice.

Nabiki: (Shrugs) A girl gotta make some money oneechan.

Soun: Here Nabiki. (Gives Nabiki 5000 yen)

Nabiki: (Grins) (Takes out an album) (Shoves it into Rukawa's face) (Pleasantly) What do you think Ru-ka-wa-kun?

Rukawa (Ranma): (Sees some very close to obscene pictures of onna-Ranma) (Reflexively) NANI! Teme Nabiki! (Confronts Nabiki) How dare you take opportunistic photos of me in those conditions!

Nabiki: (Sweetly) (Pats Rukawa's shoulder animatedly) Now, now Rukawa-kun, why are you so mad at? These aren't photos of you, ne? (Smirks)

Rukawa (Ranma): (Realizing) Eh… (Lamely) I meant of Ranma.

Akane: (Looks at the photos) …

Kasumi: Nabiki it is not nice to do this to Ranma-kun.

Nabiki: One more thing Rukawa-kun. I have something for you. (Takes a cat out of nowhere and swiftly places it onto Rukawa's face) (Thinking) I'm so bad. Hee! Oh well I was nice yesterday. We should live a proper balanced lifestyle.

Rukawa (Ranma): (All his senses froze shut for a moment) (Finally his nerves transmit signals that state a cat is gripping on his face) WAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! (Crawls backwards at an astonishing speed, stopping only after crashing at the base of the living room wall) (Terrified look on his face) NE-NE-NEK-NEK-NEKO!!!! [C-C-CA- CA-CAT!!!!] (Freezes into stone)

Ranma (Rukawa): (Shocked) Wha… (Sweating) (Thinking) What was that all about? (Remembering)

(Start of flashback sequence)

Ranma: He also taught me a forbidden technique neko-ken that resulted in me being terrified of cats. And I am really scared of them. It isn't funny you know…

Rukawa: Okay Ranma. (Thinking) Terrified of cats? (Shrugs)

(End of flashback sequence)

Ranma (Rukawa): (Thinking) I didn't know it was that serious.

Nabiki: (Smirks) (Turns to Ranma) (Sweetly) Hello Ru-ka-wa-kun.

Ranma (Rukawa): Uh eh eh… Ano… (Sweating) Yo Nabiki-san… (Itches backwards)

Kasumi: (Picks up the cat from Rukawa) (Smiles) I was wondering where you were hiding. How did Nabiki know where you were? (Taps the cat's nose affectionately) (Glances at Rukawa) Poor Ranma-kun.

Akane: You… You mean (Points to a stoned Rukawa) that's Ranma?

Nabiki: Exactly Akane.

Kasumi: Ara ara… (Thinking) This must explain for the mix up in my room.

Soun: (Thinking) Hmm if Akane sticks to Rukawa who is Ranma so meaning… YATTA!

Genma: (Thinking) Just now Akane sticks to Rukawa-kun who is Ranma so meaning… YATTA! This also explained why Rukawa came sleeping in the guest room. It was Ranma!

Akane: But how did they switch bodies, Nabiki oneechan?

Nabiki: 500 yen.

Akane: (Pays 500 yen)

Nabiki: I don't know Akane. Why don't you ask them?

Akane: Oneechan!

Nabiki: Sorry no refund Akane. (Grins)

Kasumi: (Disapprovingly) Nabiki.

Nabiki: (Shrugs) A girl gotta survive in this harsh, harsh world oneechan. (Grins)

Akane: (Mutters) How am I supposed to survive when my own sister ripped off me?

Nabiki: (Shrugs) You will live.

Soun: (Confronts Ranma) Rukawa-kun. What is the meaning of this? What happened?

Ranma (Rukawa): Eh… (A fleeting glance at Rukawa) (Thinking) Shimatta. Now it's like I'm the one at fault here.

Rukawa (Ranma): (Nervous system still offline)

Ranma (Rukawa): (Faces Soun) Ano…

#CRASH!#

A wall in the living room toppled over.

Everyone except Rukawa (Ranma): Yikes! (Oyakusoku pozu)

Kasumi: Ara ara… (Covers her mouth) (Thinking) Ranma's fiancées may be paying us a visit. Oh my I need to go prepare tea for them. (Goes to the kitchen, carrying the cat with her)

Soun: My house!

Shampoo: (Wielding a pair of bon-bori) (Points a bon-bori to Ranma) Ranma, korosu! [Ranma, you I kill!]

Ranma (Rukawa): Wh-what?!

Shampoo: (Swings a bon bori at Ranma)

Ranma (Rukawa): (Dodges away) Yikes! What are you doing Xian Pu-san!

#BAM! Crack.#

Part of the floor in the living room shattered on impact.

Soun: My floor!

Akane: Shampoo!

Nabiki: Mattaku… [Sheesh…]

Shampoo: You not real Ranma. Shampoo kill!

Everyone except Rukawa (Ranma): (Sweating)

Ranma (Rukawa): (Thinking) Shimatta! I'm in super deep trouble. I really had enough chaos in my two days of life here to last me a lifetime.

Cologne: Hahaha. (Hopping on her stick entering the house through the wall) Enough Shampoo.

Shampoo: (Smiles) Yes hiba-chan. [great grandmother] (Notices Rukawa slumped at one corner) Aiyah Ranmaaa! (Hurries spectacularly to a stoned Rukawa)

Akane: (Vein pops up on her left temple) (Rushes towards Ranma, not to be outdone by Shampoo) (Scowling) Get lost Shampoo.

Shampoo: Shampoo first here. Akane go comfort fake Ranma.

Akane: (Grits her teeth)

Rukawa (Ranma): (Brain finally receives backup power supply and nervous system returns back to online) (Recovers from his shock) (Sees Shampoo and Akane, close to him) Ack Shampoo! What are you doing here!

Shampoo: (Cutely) Aiya silly Ranma. Shampoo taking care of Ranma.

Akane: (Uncutely) Oh no you don't!

Rukawa (Ranma): Eh Shampoo, you know who I am?

Shampoo: Of course Ranma! Shampoo knows who my true one love is unlike stupid Akane.

Akane: (Shaking with annoyance) Ranmaaaaaaaaaaa!

Rukawa (Ranma): (Watches in horror) Ah Akane noo!

Cologne: (Approaches Ranma)

Ranma (Rukawa): (Sees a shriveled creature about a foot high, long white hair, and hopping towards him)

Cologne: Hello Rukawa, I presume.

Ranma (Rukawa): (Nods dumbly)

Cologne: Now tell me what happened.

Kasumi: (Enters the living room carrying a tray) Ohayo obā-san, Shampoo-chan. Please sit down and drink some tea. (Smiles)

Cologne: Ah arigato Kasumi-chan.

Rukawa's (Ranma) voice in the background: WAAAAAAAARRGHH! Akane NO!!!! AHHHHH IIIIITAI NO DA!

------

Chapter 21: Revelations

Scene: Tendo Dojo, living room, noon,

Ranma: Wahahaha waddya know, I'm finally back in my old body! (Jumps around, elated)

Rukawa: (Grins) Sou.

Shampoo: (Glomps to Ranma) Shampoo so happy is not Ranma who bring Akane out to date.

Rukawa: (Gulps uncomfortably)

Soun: What is the meaning of this Ranma-kun!

Ranma: Ack!

Akane: (Gives a deadly glare to Ranma)

Soun: Ranma-kun!

Genma: Ranma!

Kasumi: Ara.

Rukawa: …

Akane: We're going to have a long talk later Ranma.

Ranma: (Gulps)

Shampoo: Ranma, you leave this place, we can talk nice nice unlike with violent girl here.

Akane: Shampoo!

Shampoo: Keep quiet Akane!

Ranma: (Sigh)

Rukawa: (Sweating) (Turns to Cologne) Khu Lon obā-san, arigato for helping us to return back to our own body.

Cologne: Date ni hyaku-nen ikitoran wa, haha. [I haven't lived one hundred years for nothing, haha] It was easy. That Gosunkuji is a fool. Incorrectly cast a hate spell.

Rukawa: Still why did it switch Ranma and me if it is an originally a hate spell?

Cologne: Magic is a complicated matter. Chant any part of verses wrongly or initiate it improperly, it shall not go the way you expect it to. Plus that Gosunkuji is an incompetent practitioner of the craft.

Rukawa: Ah sou.

Cologne: I see you are well now Rukawa, compare to the last time I see you.

Rukawa: Huh? Last time you saw me? You know me?

Cologne: (Shakes her head) No Rukawa. I don't know you. I had only seen you on last Friday evening.

Rukawa: Friday…

Cologne: Yes, I saw you. You were appended in front of an incredibly powerful ki blast traveling across this town. You were more than half dead.

Rukawa: … (Thinking) More than half dead… ki blast…

(Start of recall sequence)

Akane: You fell from the sky some how or other and crashed into our dojo (Pointing to the rubble) and hurtled on the ground till you come to a stop when you crashed into the fence. (Points to a hole in the wall next to the gateway) You must be a martial artist to have survive all these, having a sturdy body.

(End of recall sequence)

Rukawa: (Thinking) It didn't occur to me that it was that serious. I thought it was maybe it was just a one in a million chance that I suffer a really severe accident. A normal kind of accident. I guess I was too absorbed thinking about damaging the Tendo properties that it slipped off my mind. But if a ki blast is involved… I was in a fight? Someone was trying to kill me? (Look at his hands) And vice versa? Why was I fighting anyway? (Sigh) Questions keep popping up but none that have answers to it.

Cologne: I destroyed that ki blast to save you and saw the Tendo family took you in.

Ranma: Obā-san you were there? Oh you were the one who I sensed that was watching us.

Cologne: Oh muko-dono, [Son in law] you were able to sense my presence.

Ranma: (Smirks) Of course! Nothing escaped me.

Cologne: Anyway, I left after that, intending to find out about you later, another day. And so here I am today, to find out about you and also to check up on Ranma because Shampoo told me of his weird behavior yesterday.

Rukawa: I see. But I'm afraid I have no clues about my past either Khu Lon obā-san.

Cologne: Ono Tofu did mentioned about your amnesia and about your health recovery to me yesterday.

Rukawa: And…

Cologne: (Peers closely at Rukawa) (Touches knowingly at various points of Rukawa's body) (Realizing) Masaka! [This cannot be!]

Rukawa: Nan desu ka Khu Lon obā-san?

Cologne: An Amazon secret of over two thousand years old in our Amazon history that was thought to be lost when a thief stole the scroll from our village decades ago were used on you! The scroll shows all the pressure points required to heal you.

Rukawa: Huh?

Cologne: (Thinking) He is healing rapidly because his body was subjected to the complex pressure points necessary for inducing the body to recover from the various injuries faster. No wonder he didn't die when he should have die when he was hit by that ki blast. The intensity of that attack seems rather familiar. Like some old maybe forbidden skill. Looks similar to Ryoga's shi-shi hokodan technique. (Begins to speak) Who perform the healing speed recovery pressure points on you?

Rukawa: Eh? I have no idea what you are talking about.

Cologne: (Solemnly) Someone had performed a closely guarded Amazon secret on you. Due to that, your body is induced to recover from life threatening injuries in a short time. This remarkable secret… At its peak two thousand years back when many of our Amazon Sisters mastered it, every Emperors of Qing, Ming and Song Dynasty, and the great ruler of Mongolia Kublai Khan forever feared this Amazon secret of ours. Oh how they dread battling and incapacitating Amazons warriors who are able to recover from the wounds without much effort and time. (Thinking) I must get our scroll back from the thief.

Ranma: Cool!

Cologne: Unfortunately all splendid techniques have a weakness. Nothing is perfect. The body's ability to heal that fast will wear off after three days. And it cannot be used again on the same person for over a year.

Ranma: Che.

Rukawa: I see.

Cologne: (Notices a slight depression on Rukawa's right temple) (Begins to speak) Hm what is this? (Checks) (Widens eyes) Hmm Rukawa. You are not suffering from a simple amnesia. Your memories were erased permanently by the technique omoide eikyū no fukitoru.

Rukawa: … (Thinking) Does that mean I can never remember my past…

Ranma: Omoide eikyū no fukitoru…

Akane: Omoide eikyū no fukitoru…

Kasumi: Ara ara. (Places a hand on her cheek)

Nabiki: (Observes silently)

Soun&Genma: (Thinking) Omoide eikyū no fukitoru! (Shaking in fear) Oshishou-sama's technique… Was he fighting with oshishou-sama? What if oshishou-sama finds out we are sheltering him…

Rukawa: Is there a cure Khu Lon obā-san? Can I ever retrieve my lost memories?

Cologne: I'm afraid not. Only the victim can cure himself. And that is very rare. He will remember glimpses of his past if he comes across a very similar incident in the present.

Rukawa: What do you mean obā-san?

Cologne: In your past, if you had experienced deep emotional events and at present, if you experience closely related events again, you might or will remember slight glimpses of that particular occurrence and slowly your past will return to you if you're lucky.

Rukawa: I still don't understand.

Cologne: Take Ranma for example.

Ranma: Huh?

Cologne: His neko-ken training deeply emotionally scarred him for life. If he is to be attacked by the technique omoide eikyū no fukitoru like you, the only way to cure him and allow him to remember his past, is to strapped him with fishcakes and threw him back into the pit of starving cats. That same painful, terrifying and traumatic experience will jolt his mind and start bringing back his old memories that was seemingly 'erased'. It must be a very intense experience and an emotional one or else it cannot trigger your mind to retrieve back your forgotten memories. This is why it is very rare for the victims to recover from this memory erase.

Ranma: Oh.

Rukawa: How many have recover from it so far, Khu Lon obā-san?

Cologne: Two. It was thought to be permanent but those two managed to recover from it. Thus we investigate why and both told us of the way they recovered and they were identical in nature.

Rukawa: I-I see.

Cologne: Happi wa?

Ranma: Didn't see ojii-san after breakfast on Friday. He should have gone on his underwear raid after we went to school. Since then he have not return back.

Soun&Genma: (Thinking) Omoide eikyū no fukitoru is one of Oshishou-sama's techniques. Rukawa-kun suffered from it and oshishou-sama also had been missing since Rukawa-kun arrived here. Did Rukawa-kun defeat oshishou-sama? Is he our savior from oshishou-sama's evil clutches?

Cologne: (Thinking) I'm pretty sure Happi is involved in all this especially that speedy healing recovery pressure point. Maybe there are even more Amazon valuable stuff that he had stolen when he left our village with the stolen goods. I must check this. (Begins to speak) Shampoo. Let's go back. Mousse would need our help at the Neko Hanten. It is close to lunchtime.

Shampoo: Wakatta hiba-chan. [I understand great grandmother]

------

Chapter 22: Discrepancy

Scene: Happosai's room, later,

Soun: Hmm… Anything Saotome-kun?

Genma: Umm nothing Tendo-kun except for brassieres and more panties.

Soun: Sou ka. [Is that so] I'm very sure that oshishou-sama is the one who stole the Amazon healing scroll. It must be around somewhere. If we find it, we can be sure that oshishou-sama is involved in this. And if he is involved…

Genma: Bad omen. Big trouble.

Scene: Tendo Dojo, living room, afternoon,

Kasumi: (Clearing up the mess)

Nabiki: (Sitting down next to the dining table with a calculator, munching a chocolate bar) (Counting her profits)

Rukawa: (Pondering) (Thinking) My past. How am I suppose to remember…

#Thump.#

Dust floated downwards from the ceiling.

Heavy stamping footsteps echoed around the house.

Akane's voice: (Screaming) Raanmaaa!

Kasumi: Ara. (Looks up at the ceiling)

Rukawa: (Looks up) (Mutters) What are they doing…

Nabiki: (Mutters) Here it comes.

Akane's voice: (Yelling) Ranma no hentai!

#Crack.#

Ranma's voice: (Raised voice) Ano na!

Nabiki: (Mutters) I wish they would take their argument elsewhere.

Kasumi: (Worried) Ara ara. (Thinking) Akane please don't hurt Ranma-kun.

Rukawa: (Sweating) (Thinking) I thought Akane bringing Ranma to her room for a nice quiet talk was very civil…

Akane's voice: (Yelling) Stop running away Ranma!

Ranma's voice: (Shouts) You're gonna hit me!

Akane's voice: (Yelling) Exactly! So stop running and face your punishment like a man!

#THUD!#

Ranma's voice: (Raised voice) Punishment? Why should I deserve such a punishment?!

Akane's voice: (Yelling) You still dare to act innocent! You touched me! Raaanmaaa…

Ranma's voice: (Raised voice) It was…

Akane's voice: (Yelling) No baka!

#Bam!#

Ranma's voice: (Raised voice) An accident!

Akane's voice: (Raised voice) Yeah right! And so is the date with Rukawa-kun!

Ranma's voice: (Booming voice) That was because of Gosunkuji!

Akane's voice: (Yelling) You, yourself get Rukawa-kun to take me out!

Ranma's voice: (Raised voice) Of course I did!

Akane's voice: (Surprised) Huh?!

Ranma's voice: (Shouting) If I didn't force Rukawa why would he want to take an uncute and violent tomboy like you out!

Nabiki: That must surely hit a huge vein.

Rukawa: (Sweating)

Kasumi: Ara ara.

Akane's voice: (Yelling) Raaaaanmaaaaaaaa!!

#CRASH!#

Ranma's voice: ACK! (Groans) Itai ja ne ka… [That damn hurt] (Thinking) Why did she become so accurate all of a sudden?

Akane's voice: (Gasping for breath) Huh huh…

Rukawa: Ow…

Akane: (Slides open the door to the living room) (Enters and sits down with her arms crossed, frowning)

Kasumi: Ara Akane.

Nabiki: Ne Akane, how much damage did you deal this time?

Akane: If Ranma didn't keep dodging, there would have been less oneechan.

Nabiki: (Shakes her head)

Kasumi: Aren't you too harsh over Ranma-kun, Akane-chan?

Akane: Hmph.

Kasumi: (Walks to the corridor) (Kneels down beside an out cold Ranma) Daijobou Ranma-kun?

Ranma: … (Heno Heno Moheji face)

(A/N: The "Heno Heno Moheji" face is often shown in manga/anime. It is a popular piece of graffiti in Japan. "Heno Heno Moheji" doesn't translate to anything. It just looks like a face. Here's how it breaks down; He: Eyebrows, No: Eye, Mo: Nose, He: Mouth, Ji: Outline of the face)

Rukawa: (Sweating) Eh Akane-san, I though you said you wanted to settle this erm problem peacefully in your room.

Akane: (Flustered face) (Remembering incident)

(Start of flashback sequence)

Scene: Akane's room,

Akane: (Entering her room and sits on her bed) Sit down Ranma. (Thinking) First thing first. Don't get mad. Listen to him. That's what oneechan always said.

Ranma: (Following after Akane and sits on the floor) (Smiles widely) So Akane what's up? (Thinking) I'm going to die soon.

Akane: (Frowns) What's up?! (Thinking) I can't believe this jerk. He acts like nothing had happened. (Her blood pressure reaches its peak)

Ranma: Hmm… (Gives a thoughtful expression) (Looks up) The ceiling in your room is old.

Akane: Ranma!

Ranma: You asked me what's up.

Akane: (Her right eye twitches) Don't change the subject!

Ranma: …

Akane: You simply sent your fiancée out on a date with someone else?! Don't you care at all?!

Ranma: Hey I trust Rukawa. I wouldn't have allow if it was… Was…

Akane: So what if its Rukawa-kun or Kuno-senpai or Ryoga-kun for that matter! Am I just something, which you think you can pass around?

Ranma: I didn't mean it that way Akane.

Akane: Then what do you mean, Ranma?

Ranma: (Rumbles off) We were not engaged by our choice anyway.

Akane: (Feel a slight tear in her heart) O-okay Ranma.

Ranma: (Panics at Akane's hurt expression) (Thinking) Aw, what the heck did I do now? (Begins to speak) A-Akane I meant… (Stands up)

Akane: (Softly) I understand Ranma.

Ranma: Eh? You do?

Akane: If you want Ukyo or Shampoo or even Kodachi then just break this engagement.

Ranma: Chotto Akane. I didn't mean it that way.

Akane: (Glares at Ranma) Look Ranma. How many 'you did not mean it that way' is there going to be?

Ranma: Akane, you're my fiancée and I-I'm obliged to marry you even if you're an uncute tomboy.

Akane: (Scowls) (Thinking) Kawaikunae? (Grits her teeth) One, two, three, four…

Ranma: (Thinking) She looks so scary. (Turns around not facing Akane) (Continues to rattle) Even if Ucchan, Shampoo and Kodachi are cuter, more feminine and can cook better than you…

Akane: (Scowling) (Thinking) Nine, ten! Oh yes they are all better than me. I'm just a useless and uncute girl to you! (Gets off the bed and approaches Ranma's back) Oh is that so! (Picks up her bokken and raises over her head)

Ranma: Eh? (Senses danger coming from behind) (Turns around in midway) (Turbo thinking) Matte yo Akane! What I meant to say was that even though you're uncute and unfeminine and couldn't boil water I still prefer you anytime to Shampoo, Ucchan or Kodachi. (Extend his arms out to fruitlessly protect himself) (Fully turned and facing Akane) Matte Akane! I… (Pauses in surprise) (Thinking) Why hasn't she attack me with her bokken yet? (Feels something soft) Hmm this feels nice. (Smiles slightly) (Looks down) (Trembling in fear) (Thinking) Uh oh.

Akane: (Holding her bokken above her head) (Feels something touching on her chest) (Looks down) (Shaking with embarrassment and anger) (Twitching eyelids) (Thinking) He… He… He's really asking for it! That pervert! (Looks at Ranma) (Saw a slight smile disappearing instantly off his face) He's really enjoying himself!

Ranma: Chi- chiga… [Mi- mistake…] (Hands still stretched out in contact with Akane)

Akane: (Thinking) Yeah like I will believe that when your hand is still not disengaged from me! (Shouts) Hentai! (Attacks Ranma with such fury)

Ranma: (Dodges in a nick of time)

#Crack.#

Akane: (Sees her bokken split into two)

Ranma: Ca-calm down Akane.

Akane: (Her eyes gaze around her room) (Grabs a heavy duty mallet beside her study desk) (Faces Ranma with an expression on her face that clearly states hell is a lot better than being with a scorned Akane)

Ranma: (Realizes his current hazardous situation) (Runs away)

Akane: (Swings down her mallet trying to hit Ranma)

#Thump.#

Akane: (Chases Ranma, wielding her mallet) Raanmaaa!

(End of flashback sequence)

Nabiki: (Grins the "I know something is up" grin) Hmm Akane, did something happen upstairs that we are not supposed to know of?

Akane: (Blushing badly) Eh I don't know what you talking about Nabiki oneechan. (Thinking) How dare he!

Rukawa: Ne Akane-san. I couldn't help overhearing just now. Is just that Ranma asked me to bring you out because he didn't want to disappoint you since you were looking forward to the date as he-we were sure you guys wouldn't believe we would actually accidentally switched places right. And you might think wrongly of Ranma y-you get what I mean? In the sense that you might think of him as a coward or something like he did not want to take you out because you were eh uncute for him…

Akane: Why can't he say just that upstairs hmph.

Nabiki: That wouldn't be typical of Ranma-kun. (Pressing the buttons off her calculator)

Akane: … (Stares at her care-free sister) (Thinking) Hmph if that Ranma had explained himself clearly, I wouldn't have to lose my temper again.

Kasumi: (Enters the room) Now Akane, you should be friendlier and nicer to Ranma-kun. He is your iinazuke after all. (Starts to sweep the floor)

Ranma: (Enters the room rubbing his head) Ite-te.

Akane: (Glares at Ranma with a "Come and touch me again if you dare" look) (Thinking) Maybe I was too harsh on Ranma… (Eyes soften slightly)

Ranma: It's not like I wanna touch an uncute tomboy like you anyway.

Akane: (Shakes with fury) (Eyes twitching) (Thinking) He deserved it! Every bit!

Nabiki: Calm down Akane. We don't want to damage any parts of the house anymore do we.

Akane: Fine! I let you off for now Ranma because of my house's sake.

Ranma: … (Place his hands behind his head, clasping together) (Thinking) Honestly what did I do wrong? Even that incident upstairs was purely accidental. It's not like I wanna touch her… Right…? Right dammit! Che!

Rukawa: (Gets up and stand next to Ranma) Ne Akane-san. Gomen nasai. It is our fault. We're very sorry to trick into thinking you went out with Ranma. (Bows)

Ranma: … (Thinking) What is Rukawa thinking he is doing?

Rukawa: (Pushes Ranma head down to make him bow)

Ranma: Oi what're you doing! (Resists Rukawa)

Rukawa: At least show you're sincerely sorry, Ranma.

Ranma: (Looks at Akane) … (Bows) I'm sorry Akane.

Akane: Okay Ranma. (Thinking) Why am I so nice to this jerk?

Ranma: (Thinking) Why is she always hard on me?

Nabiki: Now, now Akane, what is this about touching hmm?

Ranma: (Face reddens rapidly) Is not what you think it is!

Akane: (Blushes)

Nabiki: (Grins) So what am I thinking it is, Ranma-kun.

Ranma: You are… Er…

Nabiki: (Smirks)

Akane: Nandemonai yo Nabiki oneechan. [It is nothing]

Nabiki: (Grins knowingly and resumes her calculations)

Ranma: (Stares at Akane) … (Thinking) This is awkward.

Akane: (Stares at Ranma) … (Thinking) Is he thinking of more perverted stuff?

Rukawa: (Stares at Ranma and Akane) … (Thinking) Why the sudden silence?

Kasumi: (Mouths to Ranma from behind Akane)

Ranma: (Notices Kasumi mouth-signaling to him) (Thinking) Huh? Ah erh ow er gay. What the hell is ah erh ow er gay? (Blurred look) What is she trying to tell me?

Kasumi: (Mouths to Ranma and points to her mouth, Akane, the door and nods her head accordingly with each mouthed word)

Rukawa: (Sees Kasumi) (Thinking) What's she doing?

Ranma: (Thinking) Oh! Ask Akane out again! (Looks at Akane) I don't dare to…

Akane: (Thinking) I wonder what both of them are staring at behind me. (Turns around)

Kasumi: (Sweeping the floor innocently) (Humming) (Thinking) Akane just waiting to be asked again Ranma-kun.

Akane: Hmm… (Thinking) Is Ranma staring at oneechan just now? Is he now having perverted thoughts towards Kasumi oneechan? (Glares at Ranma)

Ranma: (Noticing Akane's glare) What the heck did I do now? Oh well she seems mad, asking her out again may either make her remain mad or peaceful. I have nothing to lose except more brain cells. It is a request by Kasumi oneechan anyway. (Shrugs) (Begins to speak) H-hey Akane.

Akane: Nani yo?

Ranma: (Nervous) Well you know… (Twiddles his index fingers) Because of the unexpected circumstances surrounding us yesterday, I-I wouldn't mind taking you out again as myself this time. For real.

Akane: Heh? (Thinking) This is unexpected.

Rukawa: True! After all you guys never did go out together yesterday. Come on let's have another make-up date.

Akane: Ano… Speaking of that. Arigato Rukawa-kun.

Rukawa: Eh?

Akane: (Blushes) For not accepting th-that you know and taking the time to entertain me out yesterday.

Ranma: (Thinking) That what?

Rukawa: (Realizes) (Face reddening) Oh heh heh. (Scratches his head) It wasn't hard to refuse…

Ranma: Refuse?

Akane: (Frowns) (Thinking) Is he thinking I'm too uncute also?

Rukawa: (Notices Akane's frowning) No Akane-san what I meant is that Ranma would have had my head if I did that, right Ranma? (Nudges Ranma hard)

Ranma: Kitto! Kitto! Kitto Akane! [Definitely! Surely! Certainly Akane!] (Nods his head vigorously) (Thinking) Definitely to what? What about having his head?

Nabiki: (Thinking) They both look terribly scripted.

Akane: (Calms down) Ah sou.

Rukawa: That reminds me… (Turns to face Ranma)

Ranma: Hmm?

Rukawa: You gave me 200 yen to take Akane out!

Ranma: So?

Rukawa: What do you mean so?

Ranma: What's the big deal?

Rukawa: How can that be enough for a date?!

Ranma: Hey! That's all I have you know.

Rukawa: (Sweatdrops) Never mind Ranma. Forget I ever ask.

Akane: (Giggles)

Rukawa: Anyway you should know that I er sort of chase away Ku-Ukyo.

Ranma: Huh?

Rukawa: (Relates incident)

(Start of flashback sequence)

Scene: Along the streets, night time,

Ukyo: Ohh Ranchan!

Akane: (Thinking) Not another…

Ranma (Rukawa): Oh hi Uk-Ucchan.

Akane: (Her right eye twitches slightly)

Ukyo: What are you doing here with Akane? (Eyeing Akane jealously) (Thinking) I can't believe he actually took Akane-chan out.

Ranma (Rukawa): We are on our way home from our date.

Ukyo: (Thinking) Nani! (Feeling jealous) Then what about me? I'm also your iinazuke, Ranchan. Why don't you take me out tomorrow?

Ranma (Rukawa): Huh? No! (Surprised)

Ukyo: Why not?

Akane: (Watching) (Thinking) Ranma is different today. But I like it. (Smiles to herself)

Ranma (Rukawa): (Thinking) Ranma did mention Ukyo is his best friend during his younger days. (Begins to speak) Ucchan, you're my best friend and… And…

Ukyo: Ranchan don't you love me? (Pleading eyes)

Akane: (Watches with bated breath)

Ranma (Rukawa): Ucchan I-I love… Akane. (Thinking) I beginning to wish I never agree to take Akane-san out.

Ukyo: (Weakly) No… You don't mean that.

Ranma (Rukawa): I'm afraid I do Ucchan. You're…

Ukyo: (Slaps Ranma)

Ranma (Rukawa): Ucchan, listen to me, you see…

#Clang!#

#Thud.#

Ranma (Rukawa): Itai wa yo… [That really hurt…] (Rubs his face) (Watches Ukyo running away in tears, armed with her spatula)

(End of flashback sequence)

Ranma: Oh okay. I'll explain it to her. Ano Akane.

Akane: Nani Ranma?

Ranma: (Hopefully) So… So how about another date with me this time?

Akane: I'll see about that. (Grins) Hmm… Maybe, maybe not Ranma.

Ranma: (Disappointed) Hey…

Akane: (Thinking) He is disappointed. (Giggles) (Begins to speak) Wish hard, Ranma to date me again. You make a mistake and miss a chance to date me. Your loss, Ranma. (Sticks out her tongue cheekily) (Exits the room)

Ranma: (Mutters) She is so uncute. (Begins to speak) I'm gonna go practise. Who wants to date an uncute girl anyway. Not me definitely. (Leaves the room)

Kasumi: (Smiles to herself) (Thinking) Akane looks so much happier now. (Leaves the room) I better go prepare lunch now or we might have a late lunch today. Hmm nikujaga… Maybe I will cook nikujaga today. (A/N:Nikujaga does not seem typically Japanese since the main ingredients niku (meat) and jagaimo (potatoes) are historically not traditional Japanese foodstuffs. But Nikujaga is a popular meal especially at home. It is a typical "mother's taste" meal)

Rukawa: (Gazes around the living room) (Sees only Nabiki and himself) …

Nabiki: (Looks up) … (Blinks)

Rukawa: … (Thinking) I better not stay here alone. (Quickly gets up and joins Kasumi in the kitchen) (Thinking) Might as well assist Kasumi-san with her work since I got nothing to do at the moment.

Nabiki: (Amused) (Thinking) I wonder where's he going now.

Chapter 23: Hidden thoughts

Scene: Tendo Dojo, kitchen,

Kasumi: (Slicing thin pieces of beef on a chopping board) (Humming to herself)

Rukawa: (Enters the kitchen) Ne Kasumi-san.

Kasumi: (Turns around) Hello Rukawa-kun. (Continues her slicing)

Rukawa: So… What can I do to help around here?

Kasumi: (Smiles) You can help me chop those potatoes into about this big. (Shows Rukawa the size she wants)

Rukawa: Hai. (Peels off the potatoes set aside by Kasumi)

Kasumi: (Takes an onion, peels it and cuts it into small pieces) Ne Rukawa-kun…

Rukawa: Hai? (Continues cutting the potatoes)

Kasumi: Yesterday Ranma-kun entered my room to sleep, were you, isn't it?

Rukawa: (Remembering incident) (Face reddens rapidly) (Embarrassed) Eh hai, heh heh. I totally forgot I was supposed to sleep in the guest room until Ranma came up to remind me.

Kasumi: (Giggles) Ara I was rather anxious when I see a tired Ranma-kun entering my room and straightaway put himself into the futon and wished me good night. (Take the cut onion pieces, potatoes and meat slices and place into a fry pan)

Rukawa: Eh oh gomen nasai Kasumi-san for startling you. I know is been only like two days but I gotten used to sleeping in your room.

Kasumi: (Smiling to herself) I see. (Thinking) Why do I feel a little disappointed that it was not Rukawa-kun who was so much against my marriage with Mikado-kun. (Begins to speak) Rukawa-kun, how was the date with Akane yesterday? Was she happy? (Lighting up the stove)

Rukawa: Heh? Well… She was very happy. She also did mentioned about you Kasumi-san. She really cares for your well-being.

Kasumi: (Smiles happily) (Thinking) I'm touched Akane, to know you were thinking of me even during your special date. (Begins to speak) Rukawa-kun, how did you feel when you got back from the date and find out about the situation between Mikado-kun and me?

Rukawa: Eh? (Thinking) Where is this leading? (Begins to speak) Ano… I don't really know how to react since I do not know who Sanzenin-san is. But I was pretty much alarmed at the way Akane-san and Ranma react towards him. Because to me, it is up to you if you want to accept or reject him. I mean only you would know whom you desire to be with right? Though when I saw then Sanzenin-san person heh heh, I was hoping you would reject him. Hahaha…

Kasumi: (Glances at Rukawa) (Thinking) He seems to care more about my feelings than his. Like he is more concerned with what I want out of politeness. (Sigh) I don't know if he is feeling the same way I think I am feeling for him. (Starts frying the contents in the frying pan) Do I really like Rukawa-kun?

Rukawa: (Thinking) Why is she sighing now? She seems to be pondering about something.

Kasumi: (Thinking) Would Rukawa-kun be attracted to me? Well… He did agree I was beautiful when I was wearing that cute summer dress. But… I'm so plain looking compared to my sisters. Nabiki has a dangerous edge in her beauty. Akane looks incredible and very kawaii when she is happy and smiling.

Rukawa: (Thinking) Maybe she really did want to go through with the omiai. (Begins to speak) Don't worry Kasumi-san. I'm sure there would be other better and more deserving suitors for you other than Sanzenin-san.

Kasumi: (Looks at Rukawa) Ara Rukawa-kun. Would they like me Rukawa-kun? Look at me Rukawa-kun. Would they really be interested in me? Are you attracted to me?

Rukawa: Eh? I-I… You're pretty Kasumi-san. No guys are blind enough to say you're not attractive. (Thinking) I-I feels somewhat guilty to be slowly attracted to you Kasumi-san. I'm not sure why though. But I have this niggling feeling that says I shouldn't.

Kasumi: Thank you Rukawa-kun. (Disappointed) (Thinking) He didn't answer the most important question though. Maybe he's trying to avoid it. (Adds water covering all the contents in the fry pan)

Rukawa: (Thinking) She looked rather sad. I better try to cheer her up. (Begins to speak) Kasumi-san, you could also consider me in your options you know. (Wiggles eyebrows suggestively and grinning stupidly)

Kasumi: (Giggles) (Thinking) He looks so comical and cute at the same time. (Begins to speak) Ara Rukawa-kun. Did you know that I set rather high standards? Do you think you can make it? (Smiles cutely)

Rukawa: … (Taken aback by Kasumi's witty remark)

Kasumi: (Giggles more) (Amused) Ara, Rukawa-kun you should look at yourself. (Adds a couple of tablespoons of soya sauce and sugar)

Rukawa: Eh. (Focuses his look on Kasumi) I also have high standards you know.

Kasumi: Ara you do?

Rukawa: Yup. In fact they're very high ones.

Kasumi: (Smiles mischievously) Are you sure?

Rukawa: Yup. (Nods his head)

Kasumi: Well I think I can make it Rukawa-kun. (Smiles knowingly at Rukawa) (Adds a little bit of Japanese fish soup stock)

Rukawa: (Watches Kasumi stirs the contents slightly) (Thinking) Kasumi-san would really tower over any aspirations of her suitors.

Kasumi: So what are they Rukawa-kun? (Covers the fry pan with a lid)

Rukawa: Uh hmm… (Looks at Kasumi from top to bottom then top again with a very thoughtful expression, stroking his chin)

Kasumi: Hmm?

Rukawa: (Hovers at the top of the fry pan) Mmh hmm okay you received full marks, Kasumi-san. (Grins at Kasumi)

Kasumi: (Gazes into Rukawa's eyes) (Giggles softly) Only two "high" standards?

Rukawa: Haven't thought of others yet heh heh. (Scratches his head)

Kasumi: But Rukawa-kun, you didn't pass mine. (Smiles playfully)

Rukawa: (Understanding the playfulness of Kasumi's smile) Ara, is it?

Kasumi: (Jokingly) Um hmm.

Rukawa: (Good-naturedly) Aw poor me. Oh well big stars are hard to get ne. (Smiles to himself, satisfied at seeing a more cheerful Kasumi)

Kasumi: (Smiles) (Comforts Rukawa teasingly) Oh you poor dear.

Rukawa: (Grins) Oh well this comfort is good enough to last me the disappointment for a lifetime.

Kasumi: I'm glad Rukawa-kun. (Thinking) You didn't pass Rukawa-kun because you couldn't pass or fail. I didn't lay any standards for you to reach. I love you… For who you are. Yes. I finally realized it. It doesn't matter to me anymore. How old you are, how childish and funny you seem to be, what kind of past you have, whatever faults you may have. The faults you have are what make you be you. I just love you… And I hope you will to someday. (Her facial features drop slightly)

Rukawa: (Notices Kasumi looking a little down) (Light-heartedly) Ne Kasumi-san, you sure you're not regretting your analysis now?

Kasumi: (Faces Rukawa, amused) That's my secret Rukawa-kun. (Smiles mysteriously)

Rukawa: No comment Kasumi-san.

Kasumi: (Giggles) Come Rukawa-kun. I need your help with some heavy things. The nikujaga will take twenty minutes to cook. We can leave it alone.

Rukawa: Hai hai Kasumi-san.

Kasumi: (Thinking) Kaji mo suru… [I do the housework…] (A quick glance at Rukawa) Kedo koi mo suru. [But I also fall in love]

Nabiki: (Outside the kitchen, eavesdropping) (Thinking) Oneechan teasing Rukawa-kun? Joking around with him. She's behaving just like what she used to be when we were younger. I thought she outgrew it years ago when she took oka-san's role. Hmm it does seem clear that oneechan has feelings for Rukawa-kun and vice versa. Hmm I wonder if that's a possibility to make money off this situation.

------

Chapter 24: Ranma's hell break lose

Scene: Nerima town, an hour after lunch,

Rukawa: (Walking around) (Thinking) Hmm I wonder what job I can get. I need to start earning money to compensate Tendo oji-san for his dojo and for my lodging. One long and expensive debt… (Sigh)

Scene: Happosai's room,

Kasumi: Oto-san and Saotome oji-sama really mess up ojii-chan room. (Clears up) (Humming) Ara ojii-chan really has such improper habits. (Finishes tidying up the room) (Exits and slides the door closed) (Notices a small capsule red in color with yellow stripes twirling around it on the floor) (Picks it up) Hmm what is this? I better show it to oto-san. (Keeps it in her apron pocket) (Walks to the kitchen)

(A/N: Ojii-chan is referring to Happosai. Oji-chan means uncle. Ojii-chan means grandfather. Oba-chan is aunt. Obā-chan is grandmother. Kasumi refers most people with the -chan prefix, younger boys with -kun and some elders as -sama like Genma)

Scene: Tendo Dojo, kitchen,

Soun's voice: Kasumi, bring tea please for Saotome-kun and me.

Kasumi: (Calls out) Hai oto-san. (Prepares tea and set it on a tray) (Brings out to the living room)

Scene: Tendo Dojo, living room,

Kasumi: (Carries and kneels down) (Sets up a cup of tea each for Soun and Genma) (Hands it to Soun and Genma)

Soun: Hmm… (Playing Go and holding the cup of tea)

Genma: Umm… (Playing Go and drinking the tea)

Akane&Nabiki: (Watching television)

Kasumi: (Sitting down beside Soun) Oto-san I found this outside ojii-chan room. What is it?

Soun: Hmm… (Examines the capsule) (Whips out a thick book suddenly) (Begins to flip the pages vigorously)

Genma: Umm… (His eyes scroll through the pages) Got it there Tendo-kun! See there, a picture of the capsule. It matched! (Holds the capsule and compare with the picture)

Soun: Yes Saotome-kun.

Akane: Hmm? What are you all doing?

Kasumi: It is just a weird capsule tablet that I found outside ojii-chan room, Akane-chan. Oto-san and Saotome oji-sama are finding out what it is.

Akane: Hn if it's a belonging of ojii-chan, is bound to be something very bad.

Soun: (Reading out) Fantasy pill - Makes your most extreme fantasies come true. Whatever fantasy you have, the "most wildest" fantasy in your mind would be initiated when you consume it. Nothing can stop your desire.

Genma: It sounds nice… To have your wildest fantasy come true. It may be able to make our fantasy come true Tendo-kun…

Soun: Sou da yo! [That's right!] (Thinking) Eat this and then possibly Ranma-kun and Akane will get married?

Akane: Hmph! Please do not give my dad any dumb ideas, Saotome oji-sama!

Genma: Er… Hahahahah what are you talking about Akane-san.

Akane: …

Nabiki: If you read between the lines you will know.

Soun: Nan desu ka Nabiki?

Nabiki: This is no wishing pill. It'll just arouse the fantasy that you're fantasizing in you and most likely it is involuntarily. Hmm… I wonder what will happen if ojii-chan eats it.

Akane: (Imagining)

(Start of imagination sequence)

Scene: Happosai's room, filled with sexy gorgeous women,

Akane: (Enters the room, donning a skimpy suit)

Happosai: (Joyously) Ah Akane-chan!

Akane: Hai ojii-chan. (Begins to hug him)

Happosai: Oh Akane-chan you're so kind and loving to a frail old man.

Akane: Of course ojii-chan. Just for you.

Happosai: Mm mm mm… (Delves into Akane's chest lovingly)

(End of imagination sequence)

Akane: (Disgusted face) (Shudders) (Thinking) That hentai ojii-chan! I can puke. Forcing me to… Grrr!

Soun&Genma: (Thinking) He will start a panty raid that covers the whole world and bringing shame to our School. Ack. We cannot let this dangerous item be in his hands.

Kasumi: Perform your wildest fantasy? (Covers her mouth) Mā… Kowai. [Oh… Scary]

Genma: Ahh chooo! (The pill flies off his hand and roll towards the sliding door) Oops heh heh. (Gets up to retrieve the pill)

Soun: We better destroy it Saotome-kun.

Genma: Hai, hai.

Ranma: (Slides open the door) Darn I'm already feeling hungry already. (Notices a sweet rolling to his feet) (Notices Genma coming after it) Ah hah oyaji your sweet I presume?

Genma: No Ranma! Don't eat it! (Charges after Ranma) Listen to me Ranma!

Ranma: You have always steal food from me you good for nothing oyaji. Now it is my turn. (Pops the sweet into his mouth)

Soun: Ranma-kun NO!

Genma: (Lunges into the air, grabbing Ranma by the abdomen and bringing him down)

Ranma: Oof! (Gulps) (Coughs)

Genma: Oops.

Kasumi,Nabiki&Akane: (Gasp) (Shocked)

Ranma: Teme oyaji! I can't even enjoy the sweet! Ku'so! (Shoves off Genma) (Gets up on his feet) And what do you mean by oops!

Soun: Ranma-kun, daijobou ka?

Ranma: Hmm? I'm perfectly fine. A little jostle by oyaji won't hurt me, oji-san. (Staggers a little) (Close his eyes and massage his forehead slightly) (Begins to speak) I'm feeling kinda funny…

Akane: (Mutters) Baka. Always think using his stomach.

Soun: (Approaches Ranma, ready to strike if necessary) You sure you're okay?

Ranma: I feel kinda weird oji-san. Is there something special or weird about that sweet?

Soun: Ranma-kun, you ate a fantasy pill.

Ranma: Nan da kore?

Soun: A fantasy pill, one of oshishou-sama secret stash he kept in his room. It makes your most extreme fantasies come true. You would perform your "most wildest" fantasy that you have in your mind when you consume it. Involuntarily I'm afraid. (Grimly) Ranma-kun what have you been fantasizing?

Ranma: Fan-fantasizing?

Akane: (Mutters) Probably some unhealthy stuff with one of his kawaii iinazuke.

Ranma: (Widen his eyes) (Thinking) Does he mean… (Feeling his body suddenly going forward involuntarily) ACK!

Soun: Saotome-kun! (Stops Ranma in his tracks)

Genma: (Tries to help keep Ranma under control) Control yourself Ranma! A martial artist must be able keep himself calm in all situation.

Ranma: (Struggles involuntarily to break free) What the heck!

Nabiki: (Grins) I wonder where Ranma-kun is trying to get to.

Kasumi: Ara ara. (Lays a hand on her cheek)

Akane: (Frowns) … (Thinking) What perverted stuff does he fantasizes about?

Nabiki: Maybe I should say "dare ga" ne ["who"], Akane. (Turns to face Akane)

Akane: (Face reddens) Eh? Don't be stupid Nabiki oneechan.

Rukawa's voice: Tadaima.

Ranma: (Frees himself aggressively from Soun and Genma's firm grasp and rushes towards Akane) Ahhh! Run away Akane! Someone get her out of here!

Kasumi: (Anxious) Ara. (Thinking) What is Ranma-kun going to do with Akane?

Soun&Genma: (Instantly jump onto Ranma and held him to the ground)

Soun: (Gravely) Akane! Get out of here now! Ranma is out of control!

Akane: (Scared) De-demo…

Ranma: Stop me! (Thrashes about violently on the floor) Oyaji why didn't you stop me from eating that stupid sweet!

Genma: Che. Who say I didn't?

Rukawa: (Enters the living room) (Sees the scene before him) Ara? What's going on?

Nabiki: (Starting to get anxious) You better hide Akane. Ranma-kun is unmanageable at the moment. Goodness knows what he may do to you if he comes near you.

Genma: Rukawa-kun! Help us restrain Ranma. He cannot control himself!

Rukawa: Ah? Hai! (Seizes Ranma tightly) Ranma?

Akane: (Takes a step backward) Ranma…

Kasumi: (Pull Akane's hand) Ara Akane, come let's go before…

Ranma: ARGHHH! (Ferociously punches Genma)

#Crash.#

Genma: Ow! (Stuck in the middle of a newly made hole in the wall with the upper part of his body sticking outside the house, his lower portion remain inside the house)

Kasumi: Let's go Akane-chan. Iku hayaku. [Hurry up and go]

Nabiki: You better get going imoto-chan.

Akane: (Rooted to her spot) Ranma… (Thinking) How ironic that I'm sort of happy that he fantasizes about me and not his other fiancées and also petrified to the extent of what sick things he fantasizes about me and is about to do on me.

Soun: Ranma-kun get a hold on yourself this instant!

Ranma: You think I haven't been trying! (Grabs Soun by the shirt and throws him towards the doorway)

Rukawa: Whoa. (Clings to Ranma tightly)

#Bam. Thud.#

A hole forms in the middle of the fragile sliding door.

Soun: (Clutches his head) Ah ite da yo.

Ranma: Rukawa please stop m… WAAAAARGHH GET AWAY FROM ME! (Struggles and shoves Rukawa away forcefully)

Rukawa: Ooof! (Crashes into the table)

Ranma: Do not attempt to stop me! (Thinking) Make this stop please…

Nabiki: (Gasp) Ranma-kun. (Thinking) His vocal cords are now beyond his voluntarily control. (Recalling)

(Start of recall sequence)

Soun: (Reading out) Fantasy pill - Makes your most extreme fantasies come true. Whatever fantasy you have, the "most wildest" fantasy in your mind would be initiated when you consume it. Nothing can stop your desire.

(End of recall sequence)

Nabiki: Uh oh. Nothing can stop Ranma from doing what he fantasized now.

Kasumi: Ara. (Thinking) Ara there's nobody to protect Akane now.

Akane: (Petrified) (Thinking) Here he comes… Ranma.

Ranma: (Charges at Akane) Akane! (Thinking) I can't do this to Akane! Never! Not in front of everyone! Kami-sama please help me! Please! (Yelling to himself in his mind) Helppppp somebody! Akane run! Someone take her away! I don't want…

Kasumi: Ranma-kun… Akane…

Akane: (Softly) Ranma…

Ranma: (Snatches Akane away from Kasumi and Nabiki and held her to himself in a tight embrace)

Akane: (Gasps)

Nabiki: (Shocked) (Watches dumbly)

Kasumi: (Feeling helpless) Akane…

Rukawa: (Stares at the scene) … (Thinking) What's going on? What's wrong with Ranma?

Genma: (Unconscious)

Soun: (Wails) Waaaaahh! (Thinking) What is he going to do to my baby daughter!

Akane: (Horrified) (Thinking) What is he going to do to me… Ranma… (Close to tears)

----

End.

A/N: Yo morning guys. I hope you guys enjoy this update as much as I "enjoy" getting frustrated with my writer's block. I thought of writing a straightforward encounter between Akane and Ranma regarding about the date but then decided to change and put in humor to that scene. It is titled Discrepancy not because is a bombastic word mind you hehe. It meant a disagreement between 2 things, which I refer as the disagreement between the conflicting thoughts of Ranma and Akane.

Hope you love the cliffhanger. Hmm what does Ranma fantasizes about on Akane huh =D~

Will upload Volume 5 after 24 hours. Hate uploading. My uploading will always never complete and I just exit in the middle. Look forward to Volume 5 people for not just Ranma and to his horror of not being able to control his desire and also more scenes between Rukawa and Kasumi for the buildup to Chapter 30: Day of reckoning. His past return to haunt not just him but the Tendo family as well? The Tendo family are being targeted?