Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Mischievous Kiss 悪戯なキス ❯ Lips ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Ranma ½. It is owned by Rumiko Takahashi, Shogakukan, VIZ Media and Kitty Films.
Rating: T
Genre: Romance, Humor
Summary: “But…If Ranma and I were to kiss, then…maybe… I don't mind that at all. I would even lo...like it.” What would Ranma do if he happens to overhear this straight from Akane's mouth?
Author's Notes: This is the second half. Thank you so much guys!
 
------------------------------------------------
 
Well, if he had heard her, and had proclaimed that he will never kiss her, and will never want to, then—it was all clear. It just felt like she had just confessed her feelings, and was supposedly rejected. She, the one who was being chased by the hentai horde every morning, was utterly rejected? Heh. Kunou-senpai would have to kill him for that, but he would probably claim her first. Why—oh,why?—did she have to fall in love with him? That jerk.
 
As she drowned herself in her sorrows, never did she notice the retreating figure of a certain pigtailed martial artist who sneaked a peek through her window.
 
`She's crying again,' he thought bitterly. `I need to make it up to her.'
 
Reaching for the covers, he settled himself deep within his futon. He ignored the loud snores that his father made when he slept, even in panda form. He was too busy thinking. And, what's worse, the sight of Akane crying herself to sleep was too much for him to handle.
 
He then heaved a deep sigh. `That settles it, then,' he mused. `What Yuka and Sayuri had told me must've been true.'
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------- ----
 
Mischievous Kiss
( 悪戯ãªã‚­ã& #8218;¹ Itazura na Kiss)
A Ranma ½ Fanfiction
By Kurasuchi~
 
Chapter 2: Lips (Kuchibiru 唇)
 
“I… I mean—we—need to talk about something,” Sayuri interjected. “It's about Akane.”
 
Ranma held his breath as he viciously clenched his teeth and clutched his hands. He had seen it coming. He had always known that sooner or later, these two girls would approach him about his and Akane's relationship. But, why did it have to be now, when their own relationship was up to a sad ending?
 
“What about her?” he finally replied, after deciding to himself to try on the inevitable. “Is something the matter?”
 
The two girls appeared to be nervous, he thought idly. Why did they have to-?
 
“Well, as you can see, Saotome-kun…you and Akane do seem to be on bad terms right now,” said Yuka, as she clutched both her hands at the sides of her dress. “Um.. let's go straight to the point. Do you remember that incident when you have just told her about not wanting to kiss her, back when we were crossing the hallway and you were right at the ceiling?”
 
Ranma felt a pang of guilt at the memory. “Well, uh, yeah,” he replied. “W-w-what about it?”
 
“I suppose that you had a reason for that, don't you?” asked Sayuri.
 
“M-me? She's the one who did it first! She'd said that she didn't want to kiss me, right?” Ranma interjected. “And what the hell's the connection of that with our recent argument?”
 
“S-stupid!” both girls shouted. “Don't you know anything?” Yuka then snapped back at him, too furious for words. “She wanted to kiss you so badly!”
 
Ranma quivered in shock. `K-k-kiss?! Then… what I've heard.. I'm not just imagining it, then?'
 
“L-l—LIES!” he shouted as he tried to cover his embarrassment. “She did not say anything about that!”
 
“But she did,” Sayuri retorted. “She did say it Ranma-kun, and what's worse, you've just broken her heart right away after she had admitted it!”
 
“So…what you mean to say is…”
 
“She wanted to be kissed, Ranma-kun,” Sayuri stated flatly. “She wanted you to kiss her!
 
For Ranma, that statement came to him like a saving light at the end of the world.
 
`OH! So, that's the reason why she's so angry--!'
 
“And,” Yuka added, “That's the reason why she's so angry at you. She thinks that you are disgusted by the thought of kissing her, and she snapped.”
 
Never did the two of them know that Ranma's mind already wandered off to who-knows-where, and was supposedly rejoicing.
 
`That Akane--! Sheesh, you only wanted to be kissed by me, eh? You should have just told me sooner,' he smirked to himself. `I knew it, you simply cannot resist me!'
 
As Ranma's big ego made its way onto the surface once again, he was oblivious to the words spoken by the two girls after the `revelation,' regardless of the fact that it was much more important than `that.'
 
“You see Ranma-kun, the both of you may not admit it clearly, but Akane really loves you. And besides, girls do not have the habit of kissing boys whom they did not like. It's a major proof, Ranma-kun!”
 
----------------------------------------------------------------< /div>
 
“Everyone, breakfast!”
 
As the sun had already risen that morning, the whole Tendo and Saotome household rose up to their feet to go on over the table and eat Kasumi's delightful cooking. Soun was the first to reach the table, followed by a sleepy Nabiki, an all-dressed Akane, and a grumbling and obviously very hungry Genma, who was currently in his true form. Nodoka followed him suit, carrying her beloved katana on her back despite the fact that she had known about her family's curse. Happosai then arrived after everyone had taken their seats.
 
As the family started to reach for breakfast, Nabiki was the first one to notice someone's absence at the table.
 
“Akane, where's Ranma-kun? It's quite rare for him to miss breakfast,” said Nabiki, after stuffing some katsudon onto her mouth.
 
The sound of Ranma's name irritated Akane. “I don't know,” she replied. “I don't give a damn about him, the jerk.”
 
“Now, now, Akane,” Soun interjected. “It's not nice to say that to your fiancé, you know. As his fiancée, it is your duty to look after him.”
 
Genma then laughed in approval, much to Soun's delight. “That's right, Tendo-kun! Fiancées should always look out for each other's welfare!”
 
Kasumi only smiled at this, Happosai ignored the commotion, while Nodoka beamed at everyone, muttering to herself, “What a pleasant day it is.”
 
On the other hand, Akane was not entirely pleased. How come they keep on pressing that jerk to her? She didn't want to see him again, more or less hear his name! She cannot hold it any longer.
 
“I don't give a damn about that jerk!” Akane shouted, much to everyone's surprise. Sure, she does that every time, especially during the time when the engagement was still new, but…
 
“Akane-chan, is something the matter between you and Ranma­-kun?” Kasumi asked.
 
“Nothing,” she replied. She continued on munching her food, declaring to herself that she will have to leave Ranma in going to school if this keeps up.
 
Nabiki, who was keeping an eye on Akane recently, noticed the hurt expression in her little sister's eyes at the mention of her fiancé's name. “Oh, really now, Akane? A lovers' quarrel, perhaps?” she interjected.
 
“I told you it's nothing!”
 
“Morning.”
 
Everyone at the table cocked their heads towards the direction of the voice. It was Ranma.
 
“Good morning, Ranma,” Nodoka chirped. “Breakfast's ready.”
 
Realizing to themselves that the commotion's finally over, they then resumed their interrupted breakfast. Ranma trudged to his usual seat—the one beside Akane—but before he sat, his eyes caught the sight of two glimmering brown orbs filled with fury…and both shrugged it off.
 
`Just you wait, Akane. I'll surely make you kiss me in no time.'
 
`Idiot.'
 
Gochisosama,” Akane muttered. She got up on her two knees and stood, and left the room without saying a word, or even giving a second glance at Ranma. She rushed off to school, completely leaving Ranma behind.
 
Akane's unusual behavior did not escape the eyes of the nosy household. “Ranma-kun,” Soun started, keeping his air as the head of the household in action. “Did something happen between you and Akane?”
 
“It's nothing to worry about, Oji-san,” lied Ranma.
 
Anata,” Nodoka said to the now-panda form of Genma, as she unsheathed her precious katana near the panda's neck. “Is it possible…that my son is not that manly?
 
Genma's wooden sign only said: “He's manly. Ranma's all manly, dear.”
 
-----------------------------------------------
 
“Akane! Hey, wait up, you clumsy tomboy!”
 
Ranma desperately dashed off to catch up with Akane after she left for school. Much to her dismay, a now-irritated Akane tried to ignore the random musings of a certain pigtailed man. She seethed in frustration, and sped up her already fast run.
 
“Akane!” Ranma shouted again, not wanting to give up.
 
Currently atop of a fence, he finally caught up with her. “Keh! Finally caught up,” he grumbled. “You sure run like an ox. No wonder you're a tomboy—despite your clumsiness, you're a fast runner.”
 
Akane glared daggers at him, as she continued her mad dash to school. Why is he taunting her with no particular reason today? What the hell is his problem?!
 
Ranma immediately smirked upon seeing his fiancée's desperate death glare. `Good,' he mused, `I only need to taunt her more and she'll fall prey-!'
 
“Heh-! Glare more like that and you'll look old too!” he taunted.
 
Her efforts to control her temper were in vain. “Y-y-you…” she growled, “YOU JERK! What the hell is your problem?!”
 
`Gotcha!'
 
OPERATION 1:
Surprise Attack!
 
Details:Taunt the target with vicious insults and make sure that she falls prey. Once she snaps, and proceeds on making an effort for revenge, surprise her as she launches her attack by shutting her up with a forced kiss.
 
 
`I'm a genius! With this, she can surely kiss me in no time!'
 
He then proceeded for a variation of insults. He's an expert when it comes to that!
 
“My problem? Nothing,” he smirked to himself. “It just happened that I've seen such an ugly tomboy having a mad dash to school, while the school's practically running away from her.”
 
This retort confused Akane. “Running away? Mind telling me what the heck are you saying?”
 
“Well…it's just that you are practically that tomboy, and that sooner or later, the whole school's gonna see how violent you were,” he snapped back. “You know—that really happens if they happen to see someone who sinks like a hammer, someone who can't cook, can't do any domestic chores, had a beastly strength and is super uncute! You know what I mean, don't you?”
 
Much to Akane's dismay, Ranma wasn't making any sense now. Sure, his insults were the harshest ones she had ever received in her life—and she was going to make him pay for that—but it didn't have the slightest connection with each other. It was simply randomized.
 
But randomized or not, she was going to make him pay. He will see hell!
 
“Ranma,” she snapped as she practically stopped all her previous actions. “WHAT THE HELL DO YOU ACTUALLY WANT FROM ME-?!”
 
Ranma was taken aback by Akane's sudden reaction. He could've sworn he'd seen hurt in her eyes—they are moist with unshed tears, yet still so spunky that he could see that she had really loathed him. He idly wondered if he went too far. But…
 
`If that's what I think it is…then the plan's going to work.'
 
“WHAT THE HELL DO YOU ACTUALLY WANT FROM ME-?!” Akane shouted at him. She seethed in frustration and inched closer to him, much to Ranma's delight. She raised her arms, her hands already balled into fists, and…
 
She was stopped by a strong pair of arms. Ranma, without wasting a second, cupped her face with both of his hands and crushed his lips to hers.
 
When they finally broke up, Ranma noticed that Akane still had her eyes closed. “I am so sorry, Ranma. I lied to you,” she told him. “The truth is…ever since the first time I saw you as a man, I already wanted to crush these lips onto yours. I wanted to kiss you so badly!”
 
“Eheheheheheheh…”
 
He felt a blunt object brush near his jaw. Out of impulse (and in correspondence with his “plan”), he immediately reached for the shoulders and cupped the face with both of his hands. Now, the only thing he needed to do is to crush those luscious lips of hers with his…
 
“You evil cur Saotome! Are you actually insane? How dare you lay a finger on me! ”
 
Ranma instinctively opened eyes. He was surprised to see Kuno in his arms, his hands cupping his face. And that blunt object which he had thought was Akane's mallet…was actually Kuno's bokken?!
 
“Do it again, you wretched sorcerer, and I'll make sure you'd pay dearly,” Kuno spat. Ranma, on the other hand, only stared in shock.
 
All color drained the life out of Ranma as he'd realized what he had just done. He was about to k-k-ki-kiss… k-k-kiss K-Kuno-! He shuddered at the thought. It was his worst nightmare, dammit! How come a nice dream about Akane would be turned into Kuno?!
 
He felt his knees grow weak in disgust. He was shoved out of the fence into the canal when Kuno had hit him with his bokken. As expected, he turned into a girl, in which Kuno had immediately noticed.
 
“Oh, my beloved pigtailed goddess! You're all soaked! No worries, my love, as I've already vanquished that evil sorcerer into oblivion! We shall be reunited soon, my love,” he declared. The now-female Ranma only grunted in disgust.
 
`Though Operation 1 had failed, there's always the second one! Just you wait, Akane! I'll make sure you'd come and beg for my kiss!'
 
----------------------------------------------------------
 
Ranma grew anxious with every second that may pass. How long would it take Akane from that stupid library, anyway? He was tired of waiting. He had to follow through his second plan, or else he'd die.
 
 
OPERATION 2:
Accidental Kiss!
 
Details: Make sure that you are on standby by the time she enters the room, and cross the door from the opposite directionat the same time in order to create the atmosphere for the accidental kiss.
 
 
“Eheheheheh… Once this plan is executed, you'll pay dearly, tomboy,” he muttered to himself as he settled near the door, all according to his well-formed plan. He will have to kiss her today, or he'll never kiss her at all! Nevertheless, he can already sense his victory. He will not fail!
 
`Though you may have ran away from me earlier, you cannot run away again—'
 
For the second time on that day, his mind wandered off to la-la land.
 
“Okay guys, I'll be there in just a minute,” she told her friends as she hurried for the door. She opened it and was surprised to be knocked down by Ranma's broad shoulders as he accidentally fell on top of her. It later registered into Ranma that his lips were already locked with hers.
 
When he reluctantly got up on his knees to stop pinning her against the floor, he was surprised to see Akane—dazed, and completely flustered. When she finally her opened eyes, she eyed him seductively.
 
“Please kiss me again, Ranma,” she pleaded. “I need to feel your soft lips unto mine!”
 
“Hmph,” he shrugged. “How can I be so sure? It was an accident, remember? And as far as I have known, you do not want to kiss me.”
 
“Oh, Ranma-dearest!” she cooed. “I beg of you! I desperately need to feel your lips unto mine again! I lied to you; you're the only one I ever wanted to kiss! I want to crush these lips onto yours right here and now!”
 
“Okay guys, I'll be there in a minute!”
 
Ranma stiffened. Here she was, finally—and this time, he will not fail. He placed his hand on the door handle to slide it open. He had crashed onto someone, and before he knew it, had pinned that certain someone onto the ground. He felt his lips brush that someone's skin. It later registered onto him that what he had just kissed was the cheek.
 
`Drat,' he mused. `Only the cheek—oh well. One's as good as the other.'
 
In accordance with the plan, he slowly raised his head, only to find something unnerving, dismaying, and absolutely disgusting. Thank goodness it was only the cheek! He cannot live it down if he had actually kissed HIM!
 
He felt sick. He felt that he was gonna puke, right there and then!
 
“S-S-Saotome…” a blushing Gosunkugi muttered, his hands tending to the spot that Ranma had `accidentally' placed his lips upon. (Actually, he was disgusted to use the word `kiss.') “Did you..just..?”
 
“I—NO!—IT WAS AN ACCIDENT! I NEVER WANTED TO DO IT, I SWEAR!”
 
“Ranma…!”
 
Ranma shuddered at the call. Only one person calls him with that kind of tone, so if that's actually what he'd heard, then…
 
“Ranma, y-y-you BIG PERVERT! I see now, I know exactly why you didn't want to be kissed! You wanted to kiss men, don't you? I..I see…!”
 
“Akane!” he retorted, not wanting to live down the shame of what he had just done. “You're mistaken! It was an accident! Really!”
 
“Oh, I can see it was an accident,” she sarcastically replied. “You even pinned him onto the ground!”
 
“I DID NOT--! Are you that stupid? I won't—OUCH!”
 
Akane's hand connected with his face with a hard “SLAP!”
 
Ranma can only tend to his bruised cheeks as a result. “WHAT'D YOU DO THAT FOR?!” he retorted, all mad at the situation. But before he can even wait for a reply, he was already sent out of the building by crashing through the window as Akane had punched his gut, hard.
 
“AKANE, YOU IDIOT--!”
 
He had finally shut up when he was hit by a flower pot that had magically fallen from the sky.
 
----------------------------------------------
 
“Have you heard? Saotome's body is not the only thing that's weird! He likes boys, too!”
 
“Yeah! And I heard that he ambushes them at school!”
 
“Yup, and had you seen that thing earlier? He had kissed Gosunkugi­-kun right at the hallway! He just pinned him onto the ground!”
 
“Really? Yuck, what a disgusting freak! Hey, wait a minute—who's him again?”
 
“Huh? Saotome Ranma-kun from Class 1-F. Have you forgotten?”
 
“No, not him. The other one.”
 
“Oh, Gosunkugi Hikaru-kun. Go-su-n-ku-gi-ku-n. Wait—drat, I forgot his name!”
 
As the rumors circulated in school, Akane can only curse herself on her seat for being so stupid. Of course he wouldn't want to kiss her! All he wanted to kiss were boys! Boys whom…she had hated.
 
She wanted to punch herself, to slap her face, hard, so as to awaken from her deep slumber. She had been fantasizing for too long. It was absolutely clear that he did not desire her. She had known him for so long—he may be a jerk most of the time, but she knew he actually cared for her. But, of course, she wasn't certain on what degree that affection may run across to. And now, she knew. He only treated her as a friend. And, his other fiancées did not suffice either. Now, she realized that all her insecurities were meaningless—especially if she was compared to a boy.
 
On all those times that she had spent with him, never did she know that he was actually..gay.
 
And to think that she had liked him…
 
“Akane-? Are you alright?”
 
Akane was too much preoccupied by her thoughts that she had actually failed to notice Yuka and Sayuri's failed attempts to get her attention.
 
“Akane,” Yuka called her for the umpteenth time, and much to their delight, she had finally taken heed of their presence.
 
“What is it?” Akane finally asked. “Is something wrong?”
 
“Oh, Akane!” Sayuri gasped, “Everything's gone totally wrong! You know—about you and Ranma-kun? They actually thought that he was gay! I mean…you don't really believe that rumor about him kissing Gosunkugi-kun, right?”
 
“It's true,” Akane intercepted. “I'm there, right when it happened.”
 
This remark, in turn, earned muffled gasps from the two oblivious girls. So.. is that it? The reason why he haven't chosen from one of his fiancées… the reason why he was cursed to turn into a girl… the reason why he wasn't willing to have an intimate relationship with anyone…the reason why he didn't want to kiss Akane…was… was…was because...of that-?
 
Yuka was the first to snap out of it. “A-a-are you really sure? I mean, maybe it was an accident.”
 
Akane grunted in frustration. “Well…it looked like an accident,” she mused. “But I wasn't sure how much of that was an accident.”
 
The two girls can only mutter “oh..” in unison.
 
------------------------------------------
 
“Why—is—this—happening—to—me? !”
 
Ranma can only seethe in disgust. What had he done? What damage did that plan had done? Gods, he feared the worst—and knowing that this was Nerima, it'll always be the worst. He steeled his resolve, but to no avail. As what Akane had said—rumors go on for about eighty days. And now, he had seventy-nine left. Will he be able to live through with it? Will he be able to go back to his former status with Akane? Will he ever achieve his goal? Why is this happening to him? Why does he always fail?!
 
And above it all… he had accidentally kissed Gosunkugi. His plan really had become an accident. He loathed it to no ends, and he had absolutely despised the idea. W-w-what will the people think?!
 
“Oi--! Ranma!”
 
Ranma cocked his head towards the direction of the voice, only to find his two close pals, Daisuke and Hiroshi, approach him. They patted his back in unison.
 
“Ranma! Man, you're always full of surprises!” Daisuke exclaimed. “You're not satisfied on just having Akane as your fiancée that you've added Kuonji, Kuno-senpai's lunatic little sister, and Shampoo-chan as your concubines, and now… man, I haven't even thought you had it in you!”
 
“That's right, Ranma!” agreed Hiroshi, who snickered at the thought of Ranma being together with Gosunkugi. “Why, I never even thought that you were actually gay! You really like men, don't you?”
 
These statements coming from the two idiots ticked the hell out of Ranma. What the hell are they talking about? Did they even know that he'd done all of those just to kiss that uncute fiancée of his? Have they even known of his botched attempts to kiss her? And why did they come up with an idea that he was “gay” when that incident was actually an accident? He despised that moment; he can't live down with it! It ticked the hell out of him!
 
“W-W-WHAT?! What the hell are you talking about?!” he retorted, too much furious for words. “G-g-g-gay? I'm not! I'm perfectly straight! Can't you even see that I had lots of fiancées?”
 
“Oh, of course we know, Ranma!” Hiroshi replied. “It was such a nice front, you know!”
 
“You certainly had the right excuse,” Daisuke added, while settling in closer to Ranma. “I mean, who would've thought that behind all those girls and martial arts prowess is the heart of a man who actually yearned to be a woman? Maybe your curse was a manifestation after all!”
 
Ranma cursed under his breath. Yup, he really needed to do something about this matter. He won't even last a day with it.
 
“You guys…” he started, “…are SO DEAD!”
 
The two guys can only shudder in response as they felt themselves being beaten up by a furious Ranma. Seeing his anger towards the matter, they were convinced that it really was an accident.
 
“Say that again, and you're dead meat,” he spat in fury. As he flared in rage, he noticed a group of students watching him.
 
“Do you know? Saotome from Class 1-F really liked boys!”
 
“Kyaaa~! Really? But wasn't he engaged to Tendo-san?
 
“Hey, wasn't that Saotome?”
 
“Hey, smart guy! I hear you fancy boys, is that true? So, Akane-san is up for grabs again, I suppose?”
 
“NO---! I DON'T, I HATE IT, I ABSOLUTELY DESPISE IT, AND I'M PERFECTLY STRAIGHT! IT WAS AN ACCIDENT----!!!”
 
`Why is this happening to me?!'
 
-----------------------------------------
Ranma grumbled in frustration as he frantically scratched the tree bark in fury. He was still atop of this old, stupid tree, he was still inside the Furinkan High campus, but the thing is, he didn't have the heart to appear to the public anymore. He hung his head low in frustration. He hated this. All he wanted was to kiss Akane. Why did it have to be like this?
 
“What's the matter, Ranma-kun?
 
Ranma, though startled for awhile, immediately looked upon the mention of his name. He went down.
 
“N-Nabiki? What are you doing here?” he asked, confused.
 
“Oh goodness me. And I was about to ask you the same thing,” she replied with her usual business-as-usual smirk. “You know me—I am absolutely fond of your attempts to kiss my little sister.”
 
At last! Someone had actually acknowledged the fact that whom he was trying to kiss was Akane, and not that voodoo doll creep! However, because she was Nabiki, he held himself off in check.
 
But, still… did she say something about kissing Akane?
 
“What are you talking about?” asked Ranma. “So…you don't believe that thing with Gosunkugi?”
 
Nabiki only smirked upon the mention of Gosunkugi's name. “Excuse me? Do you actually think that I will believe such a crappy thing like that? Of course, as usual, you know the true reason.”
 
“And that is-?”
 
“That will be five-hundred yen for the information,” she replied, as Ranma immediately gave his payment to her. “You really are generous, too good to become my brother-in-law.”
 
“Now cut the crap out,” growled Ranma. “Tell me.”
 
“I've already told you. It is one of your botched attempts to kiss Akane.”
 
This remark had hit the nail off the head. He can never keep a secret from the cunning eyes of the middle Tendo sister.
 
“So?”
 
“What I'm offering you,” she stated a matter-of-factly, “is that I'm actually willing to help you vanquish those rumors. Surely, you do not want the people to think that you really are gay, don't you?”
 
“Of course I'm not!” he shouted at the top of his lungs. “I'm perfectly straight!”
 
“So?”
 
“Put it on my tab,” he finally said in defeat. That was the only way he knew on how to survive—to be submissive, or to live a life of a burglar. He decided that the former wasn't so bad once in a while.
 
“Nabiki-oneechan? Is that you?”
 
Both Nabiki and Ranma cocked their heads towards the direction of the voice. It was Akane.
 
“Crap,” said Nabiki, who was busily placing her collected fees on her wallet. “I need to go now. See ya later, lover-boy.”
 
“L-l-lover boy?” he repeated in confusion.
 
Before he can speak again, he was surprised to feel a hand grasp his shoulders.
 
“Oh, it's only you, Ranma,” came a muffled gasp from Akane. “I thought oneechan was with you. I guess I was mistaken.” Without wasting a second, she immediately removed her hands from Ranma's shoulders, and silently walked away from him.
 
Ranma can only stare at Akane. So…she did come to him willingly! But, who she had been looking for wasn't him, but Nabiki. Drat, he mused. I guess she really is mad at me, then!
 
“Wait! Akane,” interrupted Ranma. “About earlier---”
 
Akane's mischievous smile sent shivers down his spine. “What is it, Ranma? Is there something to explain?” she questioned him. “I understand it completely. There's no need to deny it. I wish you the best of luck. And I…I'm sorry.
 
This reply exceeded Ranma's expectations. He expected her to be furious at him, to react in full rage and punt him to oblivion…but…why is she saying those things?
 
“W-what the hell are you talking about, Akane? Why did you apologize?”
 
“Well, you know the reason. I mean, I'm sorry I got mad at you, I just…I just never really noticed.” She smiled at him and continued, “I just want to say I have misjudged you. I should have known, you really are not what I have always believed you were.”
 
Ranma can only gape in shock. “Eh-?”
 
“You know? Remember that time with the koi rod? You were so willing to be with Ryoga-kun. Maybe, at that time, that love wasn't forced,” she explained. “You know…that may be a manifestation..and along with your curse, I should have known… that behind that large ego and manly physique, lies a beating heart of a woman.”
 
`W-W-WHAT THE HELL DID YOU SAY?!?!?!'
 
“You don't understand a thing, Akane,” explained Ranma, who now clutched his hands tighter than before. He was furious, he was certain of it. “Are you really that stupid? Do you think I actually want to do it? Don't you know an accident when you see one?!”
 
“Then, what the hell is it?!” an enraged Akane yelled back. “What do you expect me to believe, eh?”
 
“What I expect you to believe? Well then Akane, there's only one thing.”
 
“What is it?” she asked in return.
 
“I--- I only have one question for you…”
 
`This time… for sure!'
 
OPERATION 3:
Ask her!
 
Details: When all else fails, this will only be the last resort. No tricks, no surprises. Just gather yourresolve and ask her if you can, you know, kiss her.
 
“I only have one question for you, Akane,” said Ranma, as he trudged closer to Akane. “Can I…can I kiss you?”
 
“Oh, Ranma!” exclaimed Akane as she lashed herself onto his arms and kissed him forcefully on the lips. When they finally broke up, she smiled at him sweetly. “You've finally said it. You didn't have to ask me. Just kiss me anytime, anywhere and in any way you can.”
 
“Akane…!”
 
“I—you see, what I wanted to ask you is… can I—can I—can I—c-c-c-can I—k-ki-k-k-k-k-ki—kiss you?” he finally said, as a drop of sweat trickled down his face. Yes! He'd finally said it!
 
“R-Ranma…! You...”
 
Hearing someone else's voice, he looked forward, only to see no Akane in sight. Instead, what he saw are two flaring orbs that wanted to punt him to oblivion. A man with a familiar bandanna… Porcine flesh…
 
“R-Ryoga..! What are you doing here? Um…where… where is Akane?” asked Ranma, who still cannot believe that for the third time on that day, he had failed once again. And that was his last resort, too! He just hoped that no one had heard what he had said, or else, the rumors will worsen again.
 
“Akane-san had already left… she said that I should check on you, `cause you seem to be out of it,” replied Ryoga, who was still stunned at Ranma's current declaration. “And, she's right. You did seem to be out of it.”
 
`Akane had already left? So… so…so..?'
 
“But more importantly, Ranma,” growled Ryoga, who was now fully enraged. “How dare you humiliate me! That is the very first time in my entire life to have a boy ask me if he can kiss me! How dare you--! I'll kill you, you son of a bitch..!”
 
“Eh-? NO--! YOU'VE GOT IT ALL WRONG, RYOGA! I WASN'T ASKING YOU, IT'S AKANE WHOM I ASKED!”
 
“Akane-san's not here, is she, Ranma? Prepare to die!”
 
“Have you heard that? Saotome said that he really wanted to kiss Tendo-san!”
 
“But, haven't you seen him earlier? He just asked that guy with the bandanna if he can kiss him!”
 
“Maybe he's bisexual, don't you think so too?”
 
“He's weirder than he looks.”
 
“NOOOO--! YOU'VE GOT IT ALL WRONG!!”
 
“SHISHI HOKODAN--!!”
 
------------------------------------------------
 
It was almost sunset when Akane had crossed the bridge that day. She walked with low, heavy steps—she appeared to be so much depressed, so depressed that even the passersby can notice the gloomy and dark aura that she was emitting.
 
She was already depressed at the fact that he didn't want to kiss her, and what's worse, he rejected her! And now… to think that her nemesis was actually a boy and not a girl…what had she done wrong this time? Why is this happening to her? Was she that stupid that she had actually failed to see his true feelings? Wasn't she good enough for him? And he even tried to deny it! That jerk!
 
Her train of thoughts was put onto a complete stop as she noticed a familiar figure beneath the bridge.
 
“DAMMIT!” Ranma cried in frustration. “WHAT THE HELL IS HAPPENING TO ME--?!”
 
The serene ambiance of the settling sun only made the weight of Ranma's already depressed mood even heavier. He was too depressed for that day. Nothing seemed to be right. Months before, and he wouldn't have the guts to try and kiss her, more or less, even to concoct some plans and actually execute it! And now…now that he had actually done it, it actually came off as a failure! And what's worse, it had turned out to be the worst case scenario! Why can't it even go right?!
 
“DAMMIT!” he shouted again, as he threw a stone at the river, as if wanting to crush all his problems with that stone altogether. “WHY CAN'T IT GO RIGHT?! ALL THOSE EFFORTS TO KISS HER… WHY DOES IT ALWAYS FAIL? AND WHAT'S WORSE, THEY ACTUALLY THINK THAT I LIKE THOSE DISGUSTING FREAKS! I HATE THIS!”
 
He threw a stone again. But this time, it was not just a stone. It was a boulder, and he threw it into the water with a large splash.
 
Akane, still atop of the bridge, can only stare at Ranma in shock. So… was she wrong about him again? He said that he wanted to kiss a girl—that's because he said “her.” So, all those things with random guys… are all his failed efforts to kiss that girl? Well then, she mused, as her jealousy flared up again. Who the hell is she, the one whom he wanted to kiss, to the extent of failing miserably and yet being unable to give up?!
 
Ranma seethed in frustration. He can't take it anymore.
 
“WHY CAN'T I DO IT RIGHT? DAMMIT! ALL I WANTED WAS TO KISS AKANE--!”
 
Ranma's previous statement made Akane's heart skip in glee, as her earlier jealousy and frustration vanished into thin air. Her face was hot, she was certain, and she was obviously flustered at the fact that she had actually seen Ranma so vulnerable, and to top it all, he had admitted…he had admitted that…that he had wanted to kiss her! She, his uncute, tomboyish, macho jock, kitchen-destroyer of a fiancée…and he wanted to kiss her!
 
“Ranma…” she mumbled to herself, too flustered for words.
 
“I don't wanna do this anymore,” Ranma finally muttered. “I—I give up.”
 
Akane haven't heard his last statement as she had rushed down the bridge to approach Ranma. When she had finally reached him, she steeled her resolve, and asked him the things that Ranma had actually wanted to hear from her.
 
“R-Ranma…” she trailed off, as she felt herself becoming more and more flustered by the second. “A-are you… are you serious?”
 
Ranma was startled to hear someone speak to him. He looked at his back, and was surprised to see Akane.
 
“A-A-Akane..”
 
Akane, upon hearing his real thoughts, actually gave him a real smile that came from the depths of her heart, the very first one that she had given for that day. On her eyes remained unshed tears; she was obviously teary-eyed, but those tears were tears of joy—joy because of the fact that finally, she had known the truth—for Ranma had declared that he actually wanted to kiss her.
 
“Do you really mean it, Ranma?” she asked again, and this time, Ranma was certain that she was referring to the `kiss.'
 
But since he was Ranma, he'd done the inevitable—he had played the role of an egotistic jerk.
 
“W-what are you talking about?” he asked, feeling himself quite flustered at the fact that Akane had actually heard him. What an amazing turn of coincidence!
 
“Y-you know,” she then trailed off, “about that thing---you said you wanted to kiss me.”
 
“I—WAIT!—I HAVEN'T SAID THAT! I'M SURE I DIDN'T! NO WAY!”
 
“OH, WHAT GIVES?! I'M SURE I HEARD YOU ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!”
 
“OH? SO YOU WANNA FIGHT, EH?”
 
“OH COME ON! BRING IT ON IF YOU WANT!!”
 
Their random spats triggered a feeling of déjà vu for the both of them. Akane, due to the irony of the situation, actually felt lightheaded that she even giggled for awhile. And since laughter can be so infectious, Ranma had found himself laughing as well.
 
As soon as they stopped laughing, they both found themselves tensing up to the situation once again.
 
“So,” nudged Akane, who decided that she wanted to end this misunderstanding once and for all. “Is it true?”
 
Ranma, whose previous nervousness had vanished due to Akane's overly cute laughter, felt himself shudder at the fact that he was faced with Akane, asking him if his desire to kiss her was true.
 
“Do you really want to kiss me, Ranma?” she pressed again. Was he going to say it?
 
“Akane,” he finally replied, as his familiar smirk formed again on his face. “Aren't you the one who wanted to kiss me?”
 
Akane was taken aback by his reply. “W-what the hell-? Don't change the topic, you jerk! I haven't said anything like that!”
 
“Oh, I'm positive! I heard you!” he interjected. “You even said that if I happen to kiss you, then you would actually love it!”
 
Akane felt her temper flare up again. “I did not!” she retorted. “Tell me exactly when, where and how you happen to hear that?!”
 
“Oh, the day before yesterday, STUPID! Back when you and your friends, Yuka and Sayuri, had been gossiping about kisses, and I was at the ceiling, hiding from that mob of mad girls!”
 
“I AM NOT STUPID, STUPID!”
 
“YES, YOU ARE STUPID, STUPID! JUST SWALLOW THAT DAMN PRIDE AND ADMIT THAT YOU LIKE ME!”
 
“HEY NOW, THE SAME APPLIES FOR YOU, TOO!”
 
“WHO SAYS?”
 
“ME!!”
 
“LOOK HERE! JUST ADMIT THAT YOU ACTUALLY WANTED TO KISS ME, DAMMIT!”
 
“I---- I…”
 
Akane's stuttered response has had Ranma taken aback. Now that she had finally taken a short pause—which obviously meant something—he felt himself being more and more nervous. He even felt a shiver trickle down his spine at the thought.
 
“I..” she trailed off again, and this time, she felt her cheeks on fire. And she was certain that Ranma was aware of the creeping tinge of red on her cheeks, too.
 
Seeing to herself that there is actually no way out of this, she nodded. “Well…so what if I do?”
 
Ranma cannot actually believe what he had just seen. He'd seen Akane, in the cutest way possible, nod to his question as if it was the most important thing in the world. And her words… it's as if she was challenging him—to dare anything just because she had admitted that she wanted to kiss him! So, if she wanted to kiss him, then… does that mean that she likes him, too?
 
You see Ranma-kun, the both of you may not admit it clearly, but Akane really loves you. And besides, girls do not have the habit of kissing boys whom they did not like. It's a major proof, Ranma-kun!
 
This earlier statement coming from Sayuri just popped on his head out of nowhere, as if wanting to tell him that that is the answer to his question. Of course, after being with her for so long, he knew that Akane wouldn't kiss someone whom she did not love. Well then, if that's that, then it really means that…
 
He glanced at Akane again. The sunset's doing wonders on her, he mused. It only accented her cute face, with her cute, short hair that usually framed her face being blown by the wind. Akane, in response, tucked her hair behind her ear as she waited for Ranma's reaction with a loving gaze. Ranma felt his blood boiling in his ears. His heart was beating fast, dammit!
 
“So, Ranma…do you.. do you want to kiss me?”
 
Ranma gulped anxiously in nervousness and embarrassment. He was still uncertain on his next course of action. Of course, earlier, he had been certain to kiss Akane and now… now that she had actually come to him out of her own will, asking him if he had actually wanted to kiss her…why can't he just say it? He really wanted to kiss her! He wanted to kiss her so much that he could die!
 
Steeling his resolve, he nodded nervously. “If..if that's okay with you,” he then said.
 
Before he knew it, he felt a pair of hands touch his cheek, and… a pair of luscious lips crush to his own. He stiffened for awhile, too much in shock.
 
He felt his insides tingle at the feeling. So this is what it feels like to be kissed, he mused idly as he slowly relaxed into the feeling, kissing her back with twice the force and emotion. He even felt his own body, as if it had a mind of its own, grind itself to Akane's as he encircled one of his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to him and deepening the kiss in return. His other hand had cupped her face, deepening the kiss once more, if that was even possible.
 
Akane, now that she was actually kissing Ranma, was in heaven. She never thought that he can actually be like that—that behind all those things that make him a jerk, lies a romantic soul who had nothing to think of but to kiss his lover senseless. When she had kissed him, she expected him to stiffen and just stutter in return, reminiscent to her once-crush, Dr. Tofu's actions whenever he sees Kasumi. But…he surprised her once again. He had kissed her back, and was supposedly dominating on their exchange of fluttery kisses. Never did she know that Ranma was already incapable of having any coherent thought unrelated to his beloved fiancée, warm and sweet in his arms.
 
Ranma was in heaven. Never did he know that kissing Akane could be like this---this is the first time she had kissed him for real, and he was already addicted to it! Never did he realize that as Akane had pulled away from the kiss, searching for air, he wasted no second as he hungrily claimed her lips to his again. It is only after a few seconds that they had actually stopped.
 
With their ragged breathing, they looked at each other, senseless.
 
“I..uh..” Ranma trailed off, wanting to vanquish the awkwardness that had slowly crept its way upon them.
 
Ranma stared at Akane as she was, coincidentally, staring back at him with her flushed face, parted lips, and…she had a loving look in her eyes, that one can actually see the obvious—that she loved him.
 
“Thank you, Ranma,” said Akane, as she smiled at him again, making Ranma's already fast heartbeat speed up.
 
Ranma smiled in return, which did the same thing for Akane. “I—uh—you're welcome, I guess.”
 
There was a long pause before Ranma had decided to speak up again.
 
“Akane..? Can I…can I… can I kiss you again?” he then said, wanting to taste her for the second time.
 
Akane can only smile in return. She nodded, and slowly closed her eyes and puckered her lips, as if waiting for him to…
 
…And Ranma did not fail. He had claimed her lips to his again. And again. And again. And again. And again…
 
Never did they know that such a long time had already passed when they pulled their lips apart, and finally gasped for air, but still haven't got enough.
 
----------------------------------------
 
Author's Notes: So, did you like it? Reviews please! Reviews, reviews, reviews! Please spare me some reviews, I sacrificed some of my special review time allotted for my midterm exams just for this!