Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Perfect Sunday ❯ It begins ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Ranma, but I could be his reincarnate or something. Hey, you never know.
 
Ranma lay on the floor in his room, the sun shining in through the window across his form. A small book lay before him on the floor and his eyes were intently on it. A bird dared cautiously sing from a tree outside not completely trusting the peace that appeared over the Tendo home this day.
In the kitchen Kasumi sat reading a book with a slight smile on her face. The kitchen was spotless and clothes swayed lightly on the line outside. Kasumi sighed softly, her hand brushing her cheek. As she hears somebody near the kitchen she pockets the romance novel and grabs the dishtowel previously set upon the table.
Nabiki walked into the kitchen after a half mumbled greeting to her sister. Kasumi only nodded, still smiling that small knowing smile. Nabiki grabbed herself a drink and walked back out, her left hand lightly holding her place in the manga she had been reading. She glances out of the corner of her eyes at her father and Ranma's as she walked passed.
The previously mentioned men were lazily drinking tea and playing one of their board games. The sun shone brightly in the yard beyond and the men occasionally fanned themselves when the breeze escaped them. Not a thought crossed their mind outside the game and how wonderful the weather was this day.
Akane was just outside the dojo under the shade of a tree there doing several warm up katas and just enjoying the freedom and relished the calm she felt this day. Everything seemed just so perfect that day that she just wanted to completely enjoy it before the pleasantness faded. She moved onto some more complex katas smiling all the while. It felt good being able to move so freely without the slightest bit of soreness or wear. She added some jumps into the mix and upped the complexity without much realization.
Nabiki settled down outside sporting a snazzy pair of shades and taking a long sip of her drink. She watched with awe, pride, and the tiniest bit of envy at her sister moving gracefully and with ease. She opened her manga again and split her attention between the manga and her sister. Simple tedious enjoyment was the only thing on her mind today, that is, for as long as the peace lasts this day.
In another part of town a purple haired girl is observing and occasionally teasing her coworker while she enjoys her break. She continues watching when he takes his break and decides to practice on the roof. He wanted to better train his body in order to be more efficient while fighting with his hidden weapons style. Shampoo watched intrigued as he began to practice shirtless, small beads of sweat occasionally drizzling down over his figure. So entranced was she that she didn't return for her shift. Cologne wondered at the disappearance of her charges only briefly. She could hear Mu tsu up on the roof and figured maybe Xian pu was there as well. She didn't bother fetching either of them as it wasn't really busy that day. She enjoyed a moment of peace, drinking Chinese tea and thinking of happier times gone past and of what might have been, among other things.
A young but extremely talented chef worked not too far from the Nekohanten the amazons resided at. Ukyou wiped the back of her hand across her forehead smiling. Her restaurant was nearly as dead as the Nekohanten, however currently she was finishing an okinomiyaki for the starved looking boy before her. She smiled at him as she handed him the okinomiyaki. He was ever so grateful for the free meal and thanked her profusely asking if there was anything he could do in return. He ate the okinomiyaki, savoring the wonderful flavor and complimenting her incessantly. She blushed at all the attention and smiled pleasantly. He asked her once again if there wasn't anything he could do to repay her kindness in giving him such a wonderful meal. She glanced at the door as the only other customer left and then back at Ryouga. She gave him a good look still smiling which he eventually blushed at. She looked outside again at the beautiful day waiting out there.
“Actually, Ryouga-kun, a nice walk to enjoy the weather we're having today would be great.” She smiled at him.
“Did you want me to watch the shop while you went?” he asked not quite getting it.
“No, Ryouga. Please walk with me for awhile. It's too nice a day to waste inside.” She replied.
He blushed and nodded his assent rubbing the back of his head. Ukyou closed her shop and led Ryouga outside and down the street taking time to look up at the very blue sky. Ryouga watched her blushing all the while, unaware of this new feeling creeping up on him. Ukyou entwined her fingers in his hand unconsciously, almost forgetting to watch where they're going so that they didn't end up at Mt. Hiroshima or something.
Kuno sat in a room on the highest floor of his house directly in front of a dusty window. He was writing in a small notebook, an air of depression and longing about him. If one were to look closely at the cover of the notebook one would see `for Nabiki' written in exquisite Japanese.
In another part of the house a girl wept silently while gripping a picture of her mother. How she longed for someone to love her, how she missed her mother. Her mother kept them all sane, kept her father away from her, until one day it made her ill. At least, that's what Kodachi was inclined to believe. Her father was not at home, thankfully to those that were; however he had it in his own mind that Kodachi had killed his wife. He would never forgive her for the crime she most certainly did not commit. However, it had crossed her mind to maybe kill her father.
Back at the Tendo dojo, Kasumi was finishing up a late lunch, having been too engrossed in her book to notice the time. It felt like the kind of day for a late lunch anyway. She smiled as she worked still thinking about the book and drifting off to replace the main characters with others, including herself and a special someone.
Nabiki stretched luxuriously as she stood and headed back to her room. She deposited the manga back into its place in her room and sat at her desk. She pulled out a small photo album from a hidden drawer. `Tate' was written appearing almost illegibly, on purpose, on the cover. Inside were photos and letters from said boy. A minute smile played at her lips as tears held their position refusing to even think of falling. She blinked hard and swallowed, the smile still playing. She opened her eyes again and went to turn the next page. She suddenly gasped breathlessly and swallowed hard as a feeling of dread washed over her completely and utterly. She stood abruptly, hastily putting the album in her bag without thinking of why. She dashed down the stairs and paused only briefly enough to tell Kasumi that she probably wouldn't be there for lunch and wasn't certain about dinner and would call her.
Kasumi noticed her sister's distress but didn't have time to question her about it. Akane walked in a moment later wiping the little bit of sweat from her body.
“Hi, oneesan. Is something the matter?” she asked noticing Kasumi's look.
“Hmm, I'm not sure Akane-chan. It's probably nothing.” She said returning to her unreadable self, “So how was your work out?”
“It was great, oneechan. It's just the perfect weather out, you really should do something outside as well.” Akane beamed.
“Oh, well, maybe later. I have to go check on lunch now.” Kasumi said to excuse herself, even though lunch wasn't much past the preparation point right now.
“Okay, I'm going to wash up.” Akane smiled and headed for the furo.
Ranma walked away from the window as Akane entered the house. He picked up his journal and looked over what he had written. He sighed and slid it into the top drawer under one of his boxers. He'd put it back to its original spot after lunch. He headed downstairs and gave a brief glowering glance towards the fathers before entering the kitchen.
“Hi, Kasumi-chan.” He smiled.
“Oh, why hello Ranma-kun.” She smiled a blush passing across her face at near supersonic speed.
Ranma got a drink cautiously and enjoyed the cool liquid going down his throat. He asked Kasumi when lunch would be ready. Kasumi blushed a bit before speaking.
“I'm not sure Ranma-kun. I'm still not quite sure what I'm going to make.” She replied honestly.
“That's okay; I'm sure whatever it is will be great as always.” Ranma smiled handsomely before leaving the kitchen.
He sat at the table finishing his water and occasionally sending glowering glances at the fathers. Genma sweat-dropped from all the negative attention. Soun didn't seem to notice. Ranma stood eventually and headed outside. Akane had exited the furo and entered the room just in time to see Ranma head outside. She decided to follow him having nothing else to do and curious to where he was going and what he was going to do. Ranma walked over to where Akane was training earlier and knelt down. He ran his fingers over the grass gently, thinking `Akane was here.' Akane was curious to what he was doing. He thought he sensed someone watching him and stood while removing his shirt.
Akane blushed at Ranma's exposed skin. Ranma leaned his head back and enjoyed the gentle breeze blowing across him. He began his warm up katas, which were more than marginally higher level then Akane's. Akane watched setting her hand against the tree she was standing beside. Ranma moved gracefully and after finishing the long kata began an extensive exercise involving much aerial work and speed. Speed was his strong suit, especially as a girl. Currently though, he was male. Akane practically drooled watching him move. She had settled down onto her knees at some point.
Ranma turned and looked into Akane's eyes. Akane stood and Ranma charged a second later. He smirked and attacked to Akane's surprise. She dodged and blocked still too stunned to try and attack. She ducked and did a leg sweep, her first offensive move. Ranma was smiling at her, smiling in such a way… Akane jumped and pushed off a tree to land behind Ranma and tried to punch him. He dodged at the last second looking impressed. He swept her off her feet but she quickly recovered catching herself with her hands and pushing off. She was breathing harder then normal now and she was surprised to see he was too.
They kept at it for awhile neither falling and looking in each others' eyes the whole time. The sparring had moved into the dojo and Akane realized that she was enjoying herself immensely. Two drops of sweat wove sexily down his chest distracting Akane. Ranma took the opportunity to land behind her. In one movement he placed his hands gently on her waist and laid a gentle, loving kiss to the back of her neck. She was stunned and blushing as he turned and strolled out of the dojo. She spun around in time to see him walk out dabbing himself with a towel.
Akane stood there for a few more seconds before taking a step forward. She hesitated realizing her breathing hadn't slowed at all. It was as fast as it had been when he kissed her neck. She relived the moment in her mind again unconsciously walking forward again. It was too unreal, and so damn sexy. It was too perfect and she wasn't sure what to think other then that she liked it. She blushed prettily thinking she wouldn't mind him doing it again. She walked into the house in a semi-daze, still breathing heavily.
The fathers glanced at each other and then went back to their game. Kasumi smiled at Akane, noting the look on her face reminded her of the book she had been reading. She blushed briefly before calling to Akane.
“Were you and Ranma sparring? Did you have a nice workout?”
“Oh, yes, oneechan. Where did Ranma go?” Akane asked.
“Hmm, I'm not sure. He may have gone for a bath or he could be in his room still. I don't recall seeing him come back down.” She said thoughtfully.
“Thanks, Oneechan.” Akane smiled.
Akane headed up the stairs to check his room. She looked in and noticed he wasn't there. She stepped in to close the drawer she saw had been left partially open. She paused seeing part of a book in there. She slid the drawer open a little and read the cover. Her eyes widened as she read the half millimeter tall English writing, `Ranma's Journal'. She swallowed and shut the drawer leaving the room immediately before her curiosity could take control. She entered her room and grabbed her bath stuff for a quick rinse, sweaty from the earlier workout. However, once again her mind failed her and she walked into the bathroom, forgetting Ranma was already in there.
The sliding door opened from the furo to the changing room. Akane stood there with her bathing stuff staring at the mildly blushing and quite naked Ranma. After an extended time Ranma raised an eyebrow, too afraid of a bashing to move any other part of his body. He watched Akane's eyes trail downward, her cheeks very red. He noticed her breathing hard and cautiously let his eyes take her in. She was still clothed and her chest heaved up and down. Her body was sweat laden and her gi top lay slightly open, the belt on the floor. He looked back into her eyes and was surprised to see them glazed. Her cheeks were still blazing red but her eyes remained apparently enjoying the sight of his nude form. He glanced back at her gi which somehow seemed looser then before. He felt a part of him tingle and knew it moved. He took a deep breath hoping to calm himself before she saw. No such luck though as he realized that she was watching it. She glanced back up at his eyes and cocked her head slightly. She chewed her lip nervously and looked back at it. With her free hand she lifted open one side of her gi. He swallowed hard as another part of him tingled and grew.
“Akane…” he managed to gasp and held his breath waiting for a pounding.
Akane let out a little sound and put her hand to her mouth still blushing. She turned and left without a word, or removing her hand from her mouth. She stood outside the door and waited for him to dress and exit so she could bathe. She really needed to now. She tries to scold herself for walking in on him, for forgetting that he was in there, but she can't seem to feel bad about it. She blushed, smiling behind her hand at what she had seen. `I turn him on.' She thought a little giddily. Her eyes went wide at her thoughts. Wasn't that perverted? A part of her didn't think so and if it was she didn't know if she cared anymore. She was starting to understand why the girls at school seemed so obsessed about it. `Am I growing up?' she thought suddenly. She smiled a bit waiting for Ranma to come out.
Ranma took several deep breaths to try and make the `problem' Akane created go away. He wasn't completely successful but dressed anyway. He was surprised at seeing Akane waiting outside. She slipped past him, brushing completely against him, and into the furo. Ranma gulped and turned back to the door. He smiled a small hopeful smiled at the closed door before walking away. `She wasn't mad.' He thought happily. `Maybe I should kiss her during sparring more often.' He mused.