Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Perfect Sunday ❯ It continues ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
Kasumi sighed and removed her apron. She took a deep breath and then headed out. Soun looked on curiously.
“Kasumi, dear, are you heading out?”
“Ara, well yes father. I-" Kasumi began.
“What about lunch, Kasumi-chan?” Soun interrupted.
A disapproving look briefly crossed her face.
“I'm sorry father; I really must run out on an errand. I'm afraid you'll have to make your own lunch or perhaps get one of the others to cook.” She said feigning sympathy.
“Ah, if you must, Kasumi-chan.” Soun sighed.
Kasumi took a step forward and paused.
“Father, I will probably go out for dinner, so I'm afraid you'll have to serve yourself then too.” She smiled in a not completely nice way and hurried out.
Soun's face crunched in non comprehension while Genma took the opportunity to flip the Shogi board.
“Don't worry old friend, we could always order out. Now, it's your turn.” Genma replied effectively snapping Soun out of his stupor.
“Uh, yes old friend.” He replied before his face became a look of confusion once more as he looked back at the board.
Akane exited the furo and glanced quizzically at the fathers for a moment before heading upstairs to replace her bathing supplies. After which she decided to check on Ranma. She walked to his room and peered into the open door and smiled slightly at the sight before her. Ranma was sprawled on the floor with a shoujo anime across his face fast asleep. It was priceless; if Nabiki had been there she could have blackmailed him for life. She put a hand over her mouth to stifle the impending giggles from the sight. Her eyes traveled to his dresser and she remembered the journal. She bit her lip and crept in. She slid open the drawer and frowned. The book was no longer there. She sighed quietly and glanced at the clock on the table. Her eyes widened at the time and she left to go see why no one had been called for lunch.
As Akane ascended the stairs she caught site of her father and Genma slipping their shoes on.
“Dad, where are you going? Where's Kasumi-oneechan?” she asked reaching the bottom.
“Ah, Akane-chan. Kasumi said she had to run an errand would not be home until after dinner. Genma-san and I are heading out to catch a bite to eat. I'm sure you and Ranma can manage by yourselves.” Soun said as they hurried out.
Akane thought about what her father said but shrugged it off a moment later. She briefly considered cooking but cringed immediately. She really didn't want to ruin this great day by having Ranma criticize her cooking. She sighed and reluctantly turned to go wake Ranma up and ask him what he wants to do. As she turned around she gasped silently. Ranma stood at the top of the stairs looking down at her.
“Ne, what's wrong Akane?” he asked nonchalantly.
“Our fathers left Ranma, we're the only ones home.” She said, an unnoticeable shiver running down her spine.
“Where'd everyone go?” he spoke seemingly to no one in particular as he descended to join Akane at the foot of the stairs.
“I don't know Ranma, but I don't think anyone will be back until after dinner. What are we going to do Ranma?” Akane asked and glanced towards the kitchen meaningfully.
“Uh…” Ranma said absorbing the information. Akane an me alone. Me and Akane ALONE! He thought.
He started walking towards the kitchen and Akane followed. He looked around and found no left overs or anything set aside. Ranma stood for awhile in the center of the kitchen contemplating. He didn't really want to order any food since that would cause one of the other girls to be all over him. He also did not want Akane to try to cook because she always tries to make something too hard and too fast. He's not exactly a chef himself but he does know the basics well enough. A curious thought struck him and he glanced speculatingly at Akane who stood quietly nearby watching him.
“What? What is it Ranma?” she asked noticing his look.
Ranma decided it couldn't hurt to try and decide to attempt the impossible.
“Akane, how about we try to make something together?” he asked after playing around with the right way to ask without upsetting her.
He figured just saying `Hey, how about I give teaching you to cook a try' wouldn't have been the best approach. She started to smile to his delight and he smiled a bit back, a blush coming unbidden to his face. A pink hue soon appeared on Akane's face too. Now to decide what to try and make…
Elsewhere…
Nabiki walked towards the Kuno estate at the last stages of catching her breath after running quite a ways. Nabiki was always one to follow her instincts and right now she felt like something was wrong or something bad would happen here. She paused outside the gates looking around casually. She briefly wondered why Sasuke hadn't shown up yet to ask what her business here was. Not two seconds after she thought it he landed from somewhere on the other side of the gate.
“Nabiki-san!” he said somewhat surprised.
“Sasuke, where's Kuno?” she asked firmly.
“Ah, Master Kuno left shortly before you arrived. However, he did ask that I give you this.” He replied and held out a plain wrapped object.
Nabiki cocked a brow before reaching for it, her heart feeling dread. She slid it through the gate and looked at it. She glanced at Sasuke who stood there a moment longer. At her look he bowed quickly and disappeared. Nabiki sighed and started walking for the park. She opened the gift cautiously and suddenly stopped walking.
It was a book with her name on it written lovelier then she had ever seen written. The book was quite expensive looking and several pages long. She opened the book cautiously and her eyes widened. She read the first few paragraphs of the letter on the page she opened to.
Dear Nabi-chan,
I am sorry. I am sorry that I am not good enough for someone like you. I'm sorry for what your life has become. I'm sorry that neither of us had a mother very long. I cannot say that I am sorry enough for all the things that I've done to your family. I do not deserve anyone, for the shame I have caused my own family. You, however, deserve the world.
I could go on and on about you, of how when we met, your intellect, my feelings for you… but I will not waste your time with such things. In my own ways I've tried to help you and your family without harming your pride. Ironically doing so has harmed mine, and my honor as well. Everyone has forgotten how I used to be, that I'm not really a poetry spouting fool. I may be a little egotistic, but what martial artist isn't? I am an idiot. I am an arrogant fool. I deserve no less then death. I have hurt so many.
Akane-san is beautiful, but my affections were always elsewhere, Nabi-chan. I can see that Soatome cares nearly as much for her as I care for you. I'd help them if I could see a way to. I am not even nearly smart enough to. You just might be though. I would give you the world if I could. I would give anything if we could all be a happy little town again like when we were young.
Nabiki's feeling of dread grew and she flipped to the back of the book and read the last few lines.
So, with this you know everything, and what to do when this is done. I will love you throughout eternity even though I do not deserve to. So this is farewell, Nabi-chan. Try and have a happy life and don't let my death-
Nabiki stopped right there, eyes wide, heart beating. She started shaking and tears welled in her eyes. No, she would not let them fall, not yet. Death? He wasn't… he couldn't be trying to…
Nabiki took off at a sprint to the park, anywhere where he might be. She had to stop him. She had to make it before he did something stupid. She had to let him know…
Ukyou sighed and laughed slightly. The sky was dimming and she did not know where they were. She glanced over at Ryouga who seemed upset.
“I'm so sorry, Uk-chan, I didn't mean to get us lost. Gah, I should have just stayed at the shop.” He berated himself.
“No, Ryouga-kun, it was my fault, I should have been watching where we were going.” Ukyou tried to sooth him.
“No! It's not your fault. It's this stupid curse! Argh!” he continued to get upset.
Ukyou sighed and then smirked suddenly thinking of a new approach.
“Ne, Ryouga-kun, is it that horrible to be lost with me, hmm?” Ukyou asked looking at him meaningfully.
“Uh, No, I mean yes, I mean, Uh,” he stammered.
“It's okay Ryouga-kun, I understand.” Ukyou sighed.
“No! I mean I like that we're together, er, um, I mean…” he said blushing suddenly.
“Why, Ryouga-kun, I had no idea you felt that way.” She smiled teasing.
“Err…” Ryouga became speechless.
Ukyou laughed and thought I could get used to being lost every once and awhile with him.
Kasumi knocked softly on the door, not so confidant as when she left. A moment later the door opened and a man with glasses peered outside looking slightly surprised.
“Kasumi-chan! What are you doing here?” he asked his glasses beginning to fog.
“Oh.” Kasumi sighed seeing his glasses fogging.
After a moments hesitation she leaned forward and pressed her lips to his while grabbing his shirt for support. He wrapped his arms around her in surprise and kissed back. After a moment Kasumi pulled a way and looked into his eyes through her lashes. He blinked and removed his glasses. He wiped them off and replaced them on his head. Kasumi blushed and was very unsure of herself now and her nerves threatened to make her turn and run. Dr. Tofu smiled slightly.
“Kasumi-chan… come in, would you like to have some tea with me?” he asked.
“Oh, uh, sure.” She replied slightly stunned.
They walked up to his apartment above the clinic and Kasumi sat at his table. Tofu returned from the kitchen area a moment later with two cups of tea. He handed one to Kasumi and sat down beside her. She blushed and sipped her tea. He smiled back at her and they started to talk.
Mu tsu stood there shocked, confused, and a little happy as Shampoo kissed him good on top of the Neko hanten roof. Her arms were around his head and her lips were firmly planted. She had been watching him train and then he suddenly found himself with a mouth full of Xian pu. He kissed back only a little, for fear that she'd either stop kissing him or beat him up.
A long moment later Xian pu stepped back breathing a little hard. She looked into the eyes of the man she had been kissing and turned to run. Mu tsu wrapped an arm around her waist before she even had a chance.
“Xian pu, what just happened?” Mu tsu asked.
“Shampoo not know. Let go Shampoo!” she struggled.
“Xian pu!” Mu tsu said in Chinese.
“I don't know. Mu tsu… looked good… for a moment. Let go, I probably just horny!” Xian pu struggled blushing.
Mu tsu smiled and swung Xian pu around so she was facing him and quickly pressed his lips to hers. Her eyes went wide in shock at first but gradually they closed and she found herself kissing back. She blushed, feeling herself pressed against Mu tsu's bare chest.
Akane was stirring rice on the stove while Ranma made sandwiches. It seemed like the easiest thing to make. Ranma asked Akane to turn the heat on the kettle down and to prepare the tea after turning the rice off. She nodded and did so as Ranma finished the sandwiches. He made quite a few and Akane made an incredulous face at the amount but said nothing. Soon they were heading to the table with bowls of rice, plates of sandwiches and tea.
As they ate Akane was looking around thoughtfully. Ranma watched her with a small smile. Akane turned to meet his eyes and smiled brightly.
“We make a good team Ranma.” She said softly taking another bite.
Ranma smirked but said nothing. More like a perfect match, he thought to himself.