Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Perfect Sunday ❯ Evening Aproaches ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
Nabiki ran while silently berating herself for… for a lot of things. For letting this go on, for not trying to get Sasuke to tell her where Tate went, for letting him play the fool so long. No, she shoved the thoughts away. She didn't have time for that now. She had to find him before he did something utterly stupid… and heartbreaking.
She reached the park in record time and glanced around frantically without stopping. She wanted to call out to find him but feared what he would do if he heard her before she could reach him. She swallowed hard and stopped, panting for breath. She had never ran this much and this hard in her entire life. She needed to think clearly.
Where would he be? Where would he go to do that? She looked up suddenly, eyes wide. That's where!
She ran again, fueled by adrenalin alone as her muscles ached with the need to stop. Tate-chan, please don't let me be too late. Don't do this! Her eyes burned with unshed tears that she would not let fall. No she wouldn't cry.
Xian Pu, blushing madly, slowly opened her eyes to look at the one who was kissing her with such passion, such love. Ranma never like this…she thought briefly.
“Mu tsu…” she gasped softly when they broke for air.
They stood there staring into each others eyes, feeling each others' hearts beating soundly in their chests pressed closely together. Xian pu was a bit confused, flustered, and still horny. Ranma never like this… she thought again, Why Mu Tsu? She stared up at him in confused silence for a moment longer.
Ku Lon stared up at the two atop her restaurant with an unidentifiable expression. She had a mixture of emotions flowing through her at the sight, some she couldn't identify. What had just happened? She just wasn't sure what to do or feel about this, but didn't have time to figure it out. She hurried back into the Nekohanten feeling a little bit older then she had a few minutes ago. They'd come in soon, she hoped.
Ryouga looked at the sky, sun setting. If they didn't make it back soon they'd have to set up camp. He blushed at that thought; he only had one tent after all. He looked down and sighed. He'd probably just have to sleep outside and let Ukyou have the tent. At least she didn't seem upset at the moment like anyone else he knew would have been.
Ukyou looked over at him casually and her eyes took him in. She blushed and hurriedly looked away. I can't believe I just checked out Ryouga! A curious thought crossed her mind then. Had I ever done that to Ranma? Have I ever… felt this way around him? She looked back at Ryouga and blushed slightly again. Fact was she couldn't remember ever feeling like this around Ranma. This struck within her the realization that she probably never did truly love Ranma. What was she going to do about the debt of honor though? One thing was for sure, she definitely wasn't letting Shampoo get him. Akane was better then that hussy at least. She looked over at her silent companion again. Then what were these feeling she felt now for this boy beside her? What could she do about them? He was obsessed with Akane and then there was Akari. Oh, honey, what I have gotten myself into? She sighed and looked around.
When they had first gotten lost she'd thought to ask someone where they were, however they had yet to come across anyone yet and had been walking for quite some time. The odds were she wouldn't get home anytime soon, the way Ryouga gets lost. She smirked a bit at that. Guess I'll have to get used to this wandering if I want to be get to know him... Better make him pack two tents… Her thoughts drifted off as she glanced at the setting sun. Uh oh…
Kasumi and Ono were having a pleasant chat, much to her content. Kasumi blushed prettily at him over her cup. He smiled back and had a blush of his own. It was a very nice surprise indeed to open the door to be greeted with a kiss from Kasumi-chan. That meant she liked him, right?
“Kasumi-chan, would, uh, would you like t-to go to dinner with me this evening?” he managed barely.
“Oh, yes. That would be lovely.” She responded cheering ecstatically on the inside.
His glassed fogged briefly before he removed and cleaned them again, blushing all the while. He had a feeling they would always fog up because of her. She just made him crazy. They left shortly after for an early dinner and perhaps the beginning of a long lasting relationship.
After Akane and Ranma cleaned up from their lunch, they stood there for a moment unsure of what to do next. Ranma started playing with his pigtail while Akane looked elsewhere. She blushed at a stray thought that entered her head. Akane no hentai! She scolded herself mentally. Ranma looked at her curiously, wondering what brought the blush on.
“Oi, Akane?” Ranma asked.
“Eh, Ranma? What is it?” she asked somewhat embarrassed.
Ranma kicked himself mentally and tried to think of something to say. He hadn't really had anything to say after that and asking about the blush, which was what was really on his mind, was sure to get her upset. Now what? He thought. He blinked and almost could have laughed as he got it.
“Now what? I'm… kind of bored actually.” He said as though he found it perplexing to actually be bored.
“Well what do you want to do?” Akane asked innocently and felt relieved that he hadn't asked what she was thinking or anything along those lines.
Ranma's mind immediately thought up some inappropriate answers to the question. He pushed them away but before he could think straight again he felt himself leaning towards Akane as if not in his own control. He placed a finger under her chin and felt their lips touch. Akane's eyes were wide and she stood frozen in shock. Ranma blushed as he moved away and very quickly exited the room in fear. Akane came out of her shock momentarily and slowly brought one hand up to her lips, a small smile crossing her stunned face.
“Ranma…” she said so softly the sound barely passed through her lips. She blushed at what that kiss might mean and the naughty thoughts that followed.
Ranma sat on a rafter in the dojo, something no one knew he ever did. No one ever found him there either. It was one place he was sure to be alone and so that's where he lay hiding. He needed to sort out some stuff without intrusion. He flipped open his journal that he pulled out of thin air seemingly. He held a pen and began to write, a slight blush on his face. I can't believe I kissed Akane, and she didn't mallet me! He sighed as a frown suddenly marred his face. This was the second time he got away with doing something personal like that to Akane without negative feedback. Could he really keep this up though? What about the others? It was quite depressing to think about his life the way it was with three engagements he had no way to his knowledge to get out of and the other craziness surrounding his life. He didn't like feeling so trapped and out of control. With Akane it was different, when they were alone that is. I wonder if I could get away on a training trip with Akane without anyone bothering us. Probably not… He stopped writing and set his journal down while sighing before dropping to the floor. He started to work out to help relieve the stress from his prior thoughts about his life and troubles.
Akane walked into the dojo about then looking for Ranma, her curiosity and assuming thoughts getting to her. She was determined to get an explanation out of him. Why did he kiss me? And he never did answer my question… She stopped mid thought and watched him flow from kata to kata, gravity seeming to be only a minor hindrance. He was art in motion and Akane couldn't help but be awed, and a bit jealous. She was here for a purpose though and shook herself out of her admiring.
“Ranma?” she asked causing him to wind down quickly and turn to face her.
He smiled noticing she didn't seem angry and blushed as he looked into her eyes fully remember what he had done. And wanted to do again… he thought longingly.
Akane lost all of her courage at that moment and instead took up a stance, beginning a kata of her own. He smirked relishing in the fact that she wasn't angry and was about to follow along when, to his horror, a small book lands on Akane's head. He swallows hard and before he can try to grab it before she sees what it is, it's too late. Oh… no…
Akane glares at the object that fell on her as she picked it up. Her eyes widened as she realized that it was the journal she had seen resting in his drawer earlier. She swallowed glancing over at Ranma who was standing frozen not six feet from where she stood. She was itching to open it but knew it would be wrong, especially with him right here. She scolded herself internally for even thinking about it. Would you want him reading yours? She thought viscously to herself. Another glance at him and he sagged, seeming to accept his fate. Does he really think I'd do that? She sighed and walked towards him holding the book out to him.
“Is this yours?” she asked quietly holding it out to him knowing full well it was.
“Hai.” He said dumbfounded, taking it back disbelief clearly written across his features.
He really thought I would. She thought sadly. She gave him a small smile of assurance and took a couple steps away before he stopped her.
“Akane…., Why didn't you read it? Anyone else would have.” He asked hesitantly.
“Because Ranma, that would have been wrong. As curious as I might be to know what's in there, I know that I wouldn't want anybody to start reading my diary without my permission, so I can respect your privacy by doing the same.” She explained simply.
Ranma smiled and said softly, “Thank you, maybe sometime I will let you read it, but not yet.” And added more loudly after a moment, “And it's a journal! Guys don't keep diaries.”
Akane smiled back and rolled her eyes. I wonder if he really would show me it sometime. I don't know if I could do that with mine so maybe he was just being polite. If he was telling the truth though, when would he let me read it? She pondered as he hid the book somewhere while she was lost in thought. They returned to their training then, glancing at each other every now and then as I trying to get into the others thoughts. Despite everything Ranma was in a good mood again; Akane could do that to him.
Nabiki slowed down to catch her breath some as she neared the cemetery, the somewhat obvious place he would go. Tatewaki and Nabiki both lost their mother's when they were little. It would make perfect sense that he'd want to be before his mother to do this. Nabiki desperately sprang through the gates, heart pounding in her chest like never before. She scanned the graves and searched for sight of him fearing the worst but never letting it show. She whipped her head back to the side catching a glimpse of something in her peripheral vision. She choked out a gasp and ran towards the man knelt before an ornate gravestone several yards away. I'm not too late. I have to stop him. Tate no bakaaa! Nabiki thought frantically as she pushed herself to go faster. Her body ached from running so much, ready to collapse even, but adrenalin can be a powerful thing.
In the late afternoon a crowd was crowded around in the center of a street. A fish truck was on the sidewalk having had to swerve away from something. Apparently the something was what everyone was crowded around in the middle of the street. The people always complained that this corner needed a crosswalk.
The crowd was parted as two ambulances pulled up and paramedics pushed through the crowd. Two forms were rushed to the ambulance several moments later. One of the forms can be heard crying softly, their long hair hanging over the gurney. The other form was silent but it took an extra man to get him in the ambulance. As the ambulances drove away with its two victims to the nearest hospital, all the observers except two began to scatter returning to what they had been doing telling everyone they could their story. In the middle of the street lay a broken pair of glasses. Nearby they were getting the truck off the sidewalk as a petite figure bends down picking up the broken glasses. The form walks off numbly, holding the glasses close to her self looking for a ride to the hospital. A small child is crying, unmoving on the opposite sidewalk. The petite woman from before puts the child on her feet and pulls her along to go with to the hospital to see the fallen.