Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Photogrey ❯ Part 5: ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

11111111111100000000000000000000000000001111111111111111111111
 
Date: 280408
Disclaimer: All Ranma/ST characters and concepts belonged to their respective creators and owners.
 
Synopsis: Where in the world is the Nerima Wrecking Crew?
Warning: Ranko has been assimilated into the Borg Collective!!!
 
11111111111100000000000000000000111111111111111100000000000111
 
Part 5:
 
Meanwhile ... onboard three other ships, a different conclusion was reached.
 
'Happosai ...' was the thought that went through Ranma, Kasumi and Nabiki's heads, having intercepted and broken the encryption code of the subspace transmission by Starfleet Command.
 
'Nabiki, care to check that out?' Ranma asked.
 
'Why of course ... my darling Ranma. You need only ask ...,' a familiar voice answered, giving Ranma the jitters.
 
'Cut that out! That's not funny!' the Jusenkyo-cursed martial artist protested at Nabiki's ruthless impersonation of Kodachi.
 
The middle Tendo sister laughed loudly at Ranma's reaction.
 
'Come on! It can't be that bad!'
 
'You have no idea what Kodachi's really like!' Ranma argued, having shut out the insane gymnast's subspace transmissions awhile ago.
 
'Hmmm .... On the contrary, I do. Hey ...Guess what?! Looks like one of my Scout Cubes, picked up news of another panty raid in Federation space ... '
 
A 3-dimensional holographic projection of a news anchor appeared in front of the three Nerimians.
 
'We bring you news of yet another horrifying Borg attack in Federation space. The unknown Borg ship which has conducted raids on various planets has struck again. This time on Betazed. Military experts and scientists are at a loss as to explaining the cause of this attack. As usual, only the female inhabitants and their underwear were taken. No other people or loss of property were lost. All those involved in the attack were female Borg marines as well. The attacker left no clue as to their motives for this strange and mystifying attack except for these words broadcasted on all subspace transmissions. WHAT A HAUL! WHAT A HAUL! before disappearing through a transwarp conduit.'
 
'It's the old pervert alright! We got to stop him!' the Jusenkyo-cursed martial artist swore.
 
'Shh ... wait till you get to the end of the broadcast!' Nabiki spoke.
 
The 3-dimensional holographic projection shifted to reveal an aged elderly Vulcan on the screen.
 
'Today we have Dr. Zarek, a cultural professor from Vulcan and a linguistics expert in Federation. So Dr. Zarek, what do you make of this attack?' the news anchor asked the Vulcan.
 
'This is not a normal Borg attack. All Borg attacks assimilate their targets. They do not leave unassimilated survivors behind willingly. Nor do they take female underwear. I would also go so far as to say that this is the work of a renegade faction of Borg drones. They appear to be suffering from a malfunction within their programming,' the Vulcan professor answered.
 
'Thank you, Dr. Zarek for your insight.'
 
'Now let us get a word from Starfleet. So how do you think the Federation should respond to this threat, Admiral Paris?'
 
'We have already put all ships on a red alert status to handle the rogue Borg ship. All available units are on standby mode to counter any and all threats presented by the Borg. The Federation will get through this like always ...'
 
'Thank for your confidence, Admiral Paris but could you explain to us some of these clips we have acquired from the survivors at the site?'
 
The 3-dimensional holographic projection shifted to reveal several Borg marines in scantily-clad female attire (form-fitting armour) taking down Starfleet's finest in hand-to-hand combat. Several heavily armed Federation officials opened fire on the female Borg marines only to see their attacks absorbed by a shimmering field of blue light.
 
They quickly tried to adjust their weapon settings to counter the attackers' adaptive shielding but were unsuccessful in penetrating the shields. There was a brilliant flash of light and then a blur. Another onsite visual recorder picked up the slack to show a tiny diminutive figure covered in cybernetic implants appearing in front of the all-female Borg detachment.
 
This figure unlike the others was clearly male, his eyes glinting with lecherous intent as he took in his surroundings carefully. The female officers bit their lips involuntarily as his eyes wandered over their hourglass figures lecherously. Though small he struck a strange primal fear in their very being. All of a sudden, he threw himself at the defenders.
 
'SWEETO!' came the terrible cry while mowing down the entire Federation defense force rapidly, his movements a blur on the visual recording.
 
A female Federation officer shrieked in terror as the tiny Borg figure leaped into her bosom ... touching ... carressing ... and then stopped resisting as cybernetic implants appeared all over her. Her clothes melted from her skin to reveal the uniform of the scantily-clad Borg detachment attack force. Her facial expressions changed to one of pure ecstasy as ... the small diminutive figure of an old man asked.
 
'What is our mission?'
 
'Resistance is futile. All females will be assimilated and their underwear liberated,' the new assimilated drone answered.
 
The small diminutive figure remained silent for a moment before bursting out into old-fashioned maniacal laughter. There was another brilliant flash of light and the entire Borg detachment vanished from sight.
 
'Alright! It's official! The old pervert is loose!' the Jusenkyo-cursed martial artist shouted in horror.
 
'He's in Federation space, Ranma! But we have a bigger concern. As the Borg Queen, I have full access to all data acquired by the Borg and I can safely say that Betazed is not located near any of the transwarp hubs utilized by the Borg in the Alpha Quadrant. Therefore, he shouldn't be able to reach transwarp speed to get away from his pursuers! Yet we all saw transwarp conduits appearing just before he left! Without the presence of a ready-made transwarp hub!' the eldest Tendo sister pointed out.
 
'Very true. The million-dollar question is ... how in the world was he able to do so? The only logical explanation that I have would be is that he has somehow acquired a portable transwarp hub which is already an extremely disturbing prospect by itself or ... even worse, he has somehow gained access to a transwarp conduit generator which was considered to be hypothetical at this stage giving him the ability to achieve transwarp speed at any place and anytime without the need for a ready-made transwarp hub! Regardless of how it was done, unless we find a way of reaching transwarp speeds at will, ourselves, which we don't at this point in time, we will never catch up with him. Even if we do find him,' the middle Tendo sister added darkly.
 
'We just have to get there quickly! And I'll do the rest!' the Jusenkyo-cursed martial artist answered.
 
'Didn't you hear what I said? He can get away from us or come to us at anytime he wants and any place he goes while I can't say the same for us. Ranma ... this is not Nerima anymore. The old pervert is a heavily armed warship, not just a shrivelled old gnome. He is also equipped with Borg technology. There is little doubt that he has the same adaptive offenses and defenses like us. Any attacks done by us or him could be potentially devastating,' Nabiki answered, bringing up her concerns.
 
'It doesn't have to be that way! There must be something we can do!' Ranma insisted.
 
'Nabiki is right. I seriously doubt we could just disable him. You might have to consider putting him down for good. This is not just a sparring match any longer. This is war ...' the eldest Tendo sister interjected.
 
'We still have to do something! A martial artist's duty is to protect the weak!' Ranma remained true to his beliefs.
 
'Very well, if you are so still so keen on going after the old pervert. But let me remind you ... First we would need access to Federation space and for this matter, we should contact the crew of the Enterprise for this,' the middle Tendo sister suggested.
 
'Fine then. Nabiki do your stuff ...' Ranma conceded.
 
The middle Tendo sister made a face at him before she began hailing the Enterprise.
 
11111111111100000000000000000000111111111111111100000000000111
 
Meanwhile onboard the Enterprise ...
 
"Captain, I'm receiving a transmission from one of the Borg ships," the Klingon officer Worf spoke.
 
The crew of the Enterprise looked at each other anxiously before the Captain gave the go-ahead signal.
 
The figure of a pretty girl in her teens complete in standard Borg ensemble appeared on the screen before materializing on board the Enterprise in a flash of light. This startled the crew causing them to reach for their weapons but they calmed down after Geordie and Data told them what they were seeing was just nothing more than a holographic projection.
 
"Greetings Enterprise, I am Nabiki Tendo, formerly Three-Ten of One-Hundred and One and current spokesperson of the Nerima Collective. To whom am I speaking to?" Nabiki asked facing the crew while seemingly taking stock of her surroundings.
 
'The Nerima Collective? What was that?' were the questions running through everybody's head.
 
11111111111100000000000000000000111111111111111100000000000111
 
"I am Captain Jean-Luc Picard of the Federation Starship Enterprise. What do you want?" the Enterprise captain asked warily.
 
"We would like access into Federation space, my dear captain," the middle Tendo sister answered before taking a step forward towards the crew.
 
"I'm afraid that's not possible at the moment. Starfleet is in the middle of a crisis right now and ... "
 
"Tell me about it," the middle Tendo sister interjected.
 
"There's a rogue Borg ship that has been carrying out raids in Federation space and all Starfleet vessels have been instructed to destroy the ship on sight."
 
"A rogue Borg ship? Let us help you with the problem. I believe you will find our assistance in this matter to be most helpful," the middle Tendo sister offered.
 
"Let me speak to Starfleet Command first," the captain answered.
 
"Very well. We will be awaiting your reply," the viewscreen winked out with the holographic projection of the middle Tendo sister.
 
'So we wait ...' Nabiki told the rest.
 
Ranma simply groaned in impatience. He preferred action rather than inaction.
 
The eldest Tendo sister carressed his head gently before saying, 'Remember ... Ranma. Patience is a virtue.'
 
11111111111100000000000000000000111111111111111100000000000111
 
"What do you think, Number One?" the captain asked.
 
"I think this whole thing stinks. Shinzon. The Romulans. This thalaron thing. The Borg ships. And now the senseless Borg attacks on Federation space," Riker answered.
 
"You're not the only one," Geordie answered.
 
"What about you Beverly?" the captain asked.
 
"They're hiding something ... that's for sure," the medical officer admitted.
 
"Deanna?"
 
"She was hiding something but her emotions were quite sincere in wanting to assist us," the beautiful councillor onboard the Enterprise replied.
 
"Now that's really strange," Riker commented.
 
"So what do we do now? Contact Starfleet?" Geordie asked.
 
"That would be the wisest course of action," Data answered.
 
"What about Shinzon?" Riker asked.
 
"Number One ... you're in charge while I'm gone," the captain answered.
 
"You're going to help him?" Geordie asked.
 
"Yes ... he deserves a chance to live. Data ... contact the Scimitar," the captain ordered.
 
11111111111100000000000000000000111111111111111100000000000111
 
The three Nerimians were about to contact the Kunos in their quest to stop the old pervert when they received an encrypted subspace transmission.
 
'We're being hailed. Let's hope it went better than the previous hail,' they thought anxiously while anticipating the Enterprise captain's reply.
 
Much to their surprise, the transmission did not come from the Enterprise. Instead, it came from the Vereleus Battlebird that had been assimilated.
 
'That can't be right ...' Ranma thought as they received the transmission through their subspace link.
 
'Hello,' a voice vaguely female greeted the three Nerimians shyly.
 
'It can't be ...' Ranma could barely believe what he was hearing.
 
'Hello.' they returned the greeting before turning to Ranma.
 
'Ranma ... you didn't attach an autonomous program to the ship's computer, did you?' Nabiki asked, her eyes narrowed in suspicion.
 
'No, I didn't. I was too busy fighting for my life! If you hadn't noticed!' Ranma denied Nabiki's charge hotly.
 
'Then how did the ship become sentient if you didn't do it? You were the only one who sent Borg marines onboard to take over this particular ship,' Nabiki voiced out her thoughts, her suspicisions still not placated.
 
'I don't know ...' the Jusenkyo-cursed martial denied the charge once again.
 
'I'm Kasumi. She's Nabiki. And he's Ranma. So ... tell us your name,' the eldest Tendo sister spoke, before Nabiki could interrogate Ranma further.
 
'Ranko,' the female voice answered shyly.
 
'Ranko???!!!' all three Nerimians asked in disbelief.
 
11111111111100000000000000000000111111111111111100000000000111
 
Elsewhere ... in another quadrant of the galaxy ...
 
An angry voice roared its frustrations to the heavens.
 
"WHERE THE HELL AM I NOW???!!!"
 
Just as a large bioship dropped into existence among a trio of Jemhadar starships startling them to no end.
 
"Ryoga, is that you?" a voice on a subspace transmission asked.
 
11111111111100000000000000000000111111111111111100000000000111
 
Story Guide:
 
Current Progress:
 
Ranma Saotome - Borg Tactical Sphere (capital class ship) ... Status: Currently Active.
Kasumi Tendo - Borg Queen's Diamond ship (capital class ship) ... Status: Currently Active.
Nabiki Tendo - Borg Scout Cube (medium combat class ship) ... Status: Currently Active.
 
Ryoga Hibiki - Species 8472 Heavy Bioship (capital class ship) ... Status: Currently Active.
 
Tatewaki Kuno - Federation Sovereign Dreadnought - Enterprise-E (capital class ship) ... Status: Currently incapacitated.
 
Kodachi Kuno - Romulan Valdore Command Warbird (capital class ship) ... Status: Currently Active.
Sasuke - Romulan Norexan Warbird (capital class ship) ... Status: Currently Active.
 
Ranko Tendo - Autonomous Borg assimilated Romulan Vereleus Battlebird (capital class ship) ... Status: Currently Active.
 
Happosai - Rogue Aggressor Borg ship from the Descent episode (capital class ship) ... Status: Believed To Be Active.
 
11111111111100000000000000000000111111111111111100000000000111
 
Yup ... Ryoga is forever lost ... even with advanced starship sensors. Now how did that happen and why?
More on what has happened to the rest of the Nerima Wrecking Crew will be revealed in the coming chapters.
 
11111111111100000000000000000000111111111111111100000000000111
 
Once again ... a big thank you to all my readers and reviewers. And yes ... Jerry ... Akane is a Gorn Battlecruiser (90% chance). How did you guess? *Cheers* I do have a question for all you readers though. What kind of ship should Cologne be and why? I've found reasons for all the others but not the Old Ghoul. Any ideas, anyone?
 
Below is a list of the possible starship counterparts predicted for each Nerima individual :-
 
1. Genma Saotome - Ferengi Battleship (90%)
2. Akane Tendo - Gorn Battlecruiser (90%)
3. Soun Tendo - Gorn Dreadnought (90%)
4. Taro Pantyhose - Borg Cube (70%)/Jemhadar Battleship (30%)
5. Shampoo - Klingon Cruiser (50%)/Jemhadar Battlecruiser (50%) - I'm really torn on this one.
6. Moose - Jemhadar Supercarrier (80%)
 
11111111111100000000000000000000111111111111111100000000000111
 
Note: The Valdore Command Warbird may seem identical to the Norexan class Warbird but it is the first Warbird to solely utilise Romulan trilithium-based disruptors rather than a mix of Klingon disruptor weaponry and Romulan trilithium-based weaponry as in the Norexan class. Trilithium-based weaponry was preferred over conventional disruptor weaponry due to its faster rate of fire and constant damage inflicted on the enemy as opposed to their conventional counterparts. Besides, the Romulans, only the Remans have ever utilised trilithium-based disruptor weaponry. Neither the Klingons nor the Federation are aware of this variation in disruptor technology.
 
11111111111100000000000000000000111111111111111100000000000111