Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Ranma Universe: Alpha and Omega ❯ Chapter 13: Nerima in Transition ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 13: Nerima in Transition
 
 
Thanks to Steven/datexan and Luke/RanmaSaotome103 for prereading the first part of this chapter. The last third of part A was not preread before posting… but I think it's pretty good and I've got confidence in me. Happy Valentine's Day/Singles Awareness Day, depending on your persuasion. Part A posted on 2/14/08. Part B preread by Daniel/excel1992 and Luke/RanmaSaotome103 and posted on 3/3/08.
 
 
Part A
 
Monday morning arrives in Japan, bringing in new challenges for the residents therein. Ranma, Akane, and Nabiki walk together to school together- Nabiki joins the pair for the simple reason of wanting to get more information…
 
 
“What was in those letters you two got yesterday? It looked important…”
 
“I don't know… but Cologne wants both of us at the Cat Café tonight. All it said inside was that it was urgent that we meet…” Akane says after remembering the contents of the letter.
 
“It don't sound like a trap or anythin'… so I'm going. I wonder if it has anything to do with that fight yesterday…” Ranma says with a shrug.
 
Nabiki agrees. “It should be interesting regardless. There always seems to be something going on over there…”
 
“True…” Ranma says, remembering all of the “adventures” he's had near or around that restaurant.
 
 
The trio soon arrive at Furinkan High School and go their separate ways. On her way to class, Nabiki runs into Kuno in the hallway.
 
“So what did you think of the pictures I gave you?”
 
Kuno realizes who's talking to him… and begins blushing.
 
“Ahem. I'll be making my decision today, actually… everyone has already submitted their pictures.”
 
“Okay… did I get a part in the play? You can tell me early… I promise not to tell…” Nabiki says with a wink.
 
“Your pictures were… quite telling…” Kuno says while trying not to stare at the young woman in front of him.
 
“And?”
 
“You're in… the lead role that is.”
 
 
Upon hearing that, Nabiki feels happy inside. “Great, I know I'm perfect for that role. Money is my forte, after all… that's why I really thought about which pictures to send you- and I decided to bare my soul and show you some of better pictures.”
 
“Umm… you certainly did…”
 
Noticing the time, Nabiki cuts the conversation short. “Well, it's almost time for class… we'd better get inside and take our seats.”
 
 
Nabiki makes a quick exit and heads inside the classroom. Kuno looks around and quickly withdraws an envelope from his shirt.
 
`A quick peek…'
 
After looking around again, Kuno takes a quick look at the pictures inside. `Truly she wanted this role… to give me pictures such as these. Such a beautiful body… I'll never gaze upon her the same way again. She's truly a goddess on earth.'
 
 
The school bell rings and students start rushing down the hallway. Kuno quickly puts the pictures away and heads into class. As the day progresses, Kuno is fortunate not to meet the distraction that is Nabiki's gaze… at least, until right before lunch when he makes the announcement about the play and the roles for it. Nabiki cannot help but notice him mumbling certain words to himself every time he looks at her.
 
 
`Something's not right here… I hope he's not reverting back to his old self again… better check on him later. Time to share the good news with Akane and Ranma…'
 
 
As soon as the lunch bell rings, Nabiki heads outside to find her sister and Ranma. She cannot help but notice a slight spring in her step. `I'm… happy. I owe Kuno one for this… I'm sure this will be a perfect role for me…'
 
 
Nabiki isn't the only one to notice the change in her demeanor. As the middle Tendo approaches, Akane can see her sister's mood is definitely different then her usual for being at school.
 
`She looks happy… I think the pictures worked out perfectly.'
 
Akane exchanges a knowing glance with Ranma, who also realizes what happened. Ukyo notices this and wonders what's going on…
 
 
“It's Nabiki… how are you doing?” Ukyo says, addressing the arriving Tendo.
 
“I'm fine. I have some good news, actually…”
 
“Sit down, sis.” Akane says, motioning at the ground in front of her. Nabiki sits down and opens up her lunch before explaining the good news to the three… Akane and Ranma already know what's happened, however, so they're silent and let Ukyo ask all the questions…
 
 
“Wow, it sounds to me like Kuno's turned over a new leaf. You said that he and Kodachi were on some kind of medicine before…”
 
“Yes… and now they aren't on it anymore. They've changed… and it makes me wonder why they were on it in the first place. I bet it has something to do with that goofball principal of ours…”
 
“That wouldn't surprise me…” a nodding Ranma says while finishing off his lunch.
 
“Me either…” Akane adds.
 
 
The three let Nabiki finish her lunch and think about something else that came up at lunch time… the fact that Ukyo got the same invitation to the Cat Café. After eating Nabiki excuses herself and goes back to her classroom.
 
A large grin forms on both Ranma and Akane's faces after she's out of sight… and Ukyo cannot help but notice that…
 
“Okay, what's up? Why are you two grinning like that?”
 
The two exchange glances and then nod their heads.
 
“I'll tell yah… but you gotta promise not to say anythin' to Nabiki…” Ranma says softly.
 
Agreeing to the terms, Ukyo has a desire to learn more. “Now you got me real curious… what did you two do?”
 
“Well… Ranma and I decided to get her back for all the pictures she's taken of us and sold since Ranma's arrival. Ranma picked up a spy camera and took some pictures of her in her room…” Akane says, recalling the incident in her mind.
 
“That sounds innocent enough… wait a second. You didn't take pictures of her naked, did you?”
 
Ranma blushes. “No, she wasn't naked… but there wasn't much clothing on her… or Akane…”
 
Akane's face also turns red. “I umm… went lingerie shopping at the place called “Naru's” with Nabiki to set this up… we bought some and then showed each other our purchases. That's what Ranma got pictures of… her in lingerie…”
 
“Hmm… I bet that wasn't all he took pictures of…” Ukyo says while nudging her brother. “Was it, Ranma?”
 
“I um… no comment…” a very embarrassed Ranma says while turning his face away from Ukyo's gaze. Akane also avoids looking at Ukyo, confirming the answer to the question. Ukyo softens her expression and asks a more serious question.
 
“You two are setting her up with Kuno, aren't you?”
 
“Yeah… he seems different ever since he went off of that medicine… and with him being the one choosing who gets what role in the senior class play, it was perfect timing. We didn't want to blackmail her or anything… but this works out nicely. She'll be so busy with that play and him that she won't have much time to play games with us…” Akane says with a happy nod.
 
“Or so we hope…” Ranma adds.
 
“I didn't know that you two could be so devious…” Ukyo says with a sly grin. “You really are two of a kind…”
 
Instead of being embarrassed or denying it, as he would've done in the past, Ranma speaks his true feelings. “That's right… this is my tomboy…”
 
“And this is my baka…” Akane says while placing her hand on Ranma's shoulder.
 
 
In the distance, the sound of bells fill the air, indicating the end of the lunch period. The three curtail their conversation and head back to class. On the way back Ukyo cannot help but think about her new brother and Akane. `They do make a nice pair… now that they've gotten past the trust issue. I'm glad my choice is working out like this… and overcoming that problem with the suit just goes to show how close the two have gotten.'
 
 
The school day passes without incident and the students head back home. Ukyo hurries back to her café and sets her sign to “Closed”…
 
 
“You're going over to the Cat Café?” Ryoga asks after witness her change the sign over.
 
“Yeah… I'll be back later. I'll fill you in on what's going on when I get back…”
 
“Be careful, Ukyo…”
 
A smile forms on Ukyo's face because of Ryoga's concern for her welfare. “Trust me sugar, I will…”
 
 
While Ukyo changes and prepare to head out, Akane and Ranma arrive back at the Tendo home. The pair quickly change into street clothes and inform Kasumi again of the situation before heading to the Cat Café themselves…
 
 
When they arrive, the sign on the door says “Closed” and immediately the two wonder what's going on…
 
“Hey, wait up…” Ukyo calls out as she rounds the corner.
 
 
Both Ranma and Akane turn around and wait for the brunette chef to catch up to their position.
 
“I still in the dark about this meeting…” Ranma says with a sigh.
 
“Ran-chan, let's all go in together and find out…” Ukyo says before pushing the door open.
 
Akane is the first one to make a movement inside. “What have we got to lose?”
 
 
Ranma and Ukyo follow right behind her and enter the café. After closing the door behind her, Ukyo looks around and is awestruck.
 
“It's decorated like some kind of party's going to be happening here…”
 
Something about the decorations and streamers makes Ranma do a double-take. “Yeah… it kinda looks familiar… the way this is setup, though…”
 
Akane also has a flashback and remembers something important about this setup. “Hmm… yeah. It reminds me of the time…”
 
 
“When Shampoo nearly got Ranma to confess…” Cologne says while hopping into the room on her stick. “Yes… your memory is correct. It's also where Mousse…”
 
A voice from behind the counter continues the sentence. “Saved Ranma from being trapped into marrying Shampoo by placing the reversal jewel on Akane… though she quickly forgot her true feelings after it's removal…”
 
“Heh… I remember that… I got tripled teamed and ended up in the hospital…” Ranma says, recalling the events of the day in question.
 
Akane steps forward and addresses Mousse, who's in the back behind the counter.
 
“Yes… I remember that… though I was in denial about it for a while. I umm… owe you one…”
 
“It's no problem…” Mousse says as he steps out in the main room with a serving plate. “I am in debt to your fiancée and his mother for the gift of sight… which helped me to victory yesterday…”
 
“Ranma and Akane told me about that fight… so you did win…” Ukyo says as she takes notice of the formal outfit the male Amazon is wearing. “Are you having a party or something in here?”
 
“Yeah, I was gonna ask the same thing… the decorations… and the way you're dressed…” Ranma notes aloud.
 
 
Cologne laughs aloud. “Very observant. Yes, this is a party… at least for now. There will be some serious business to discuss later, though. Please, sit down…”
 
 
“Okay…” Akane says while reaching for the nearest chair. Ranma sits on her right and Ukyo on her left. Mousse begins taking the bowls off of the plate and placing them in front of each of seven place settings.
 
As Cologne and Mousse sit down, the other three notice the two vacant seats and wonder who they're for.
 
“Shampoo… food's ready… you two better get out here before the food gets cold…” Mousse says while aiming his voice towards the back of the room.
 
“Be right there… still getting dressed…” is the happy reply back.
 
“I can't wait…” Mousse says to himself softly.
 
Ukyo grins and takes a glance towards the back of the room. “Typical guy…”
 
Mousse nervously laughs and goes back to eating his ramen. About a minute later, Shampoo comes into the room, dressed in the formal dress she was wearing when the reversal jewel incident took place. Needless to say, Mousse is speechless after laying his eyes on the very form fitting dress. Shampoo sits down at the table and then calls out to the back…
 
“Your food get cold if you wait any longer…”
 
“Who's back there?” Akane asks, wondering who the last person of this dinner party could be.
 
A soft voice replies back. “I've never worn anything like this before… but I will be right there…”
 
 
“Wait a second… that voice… it sounds familiar…” Ukyo says, trying to place it.
 
“Meet the last guest of the evening… you remember your former opponent, Kodachi Kuno, don't you?” Cologne says as she taps her stick on the floor.
 
Several gasps are heard as the “Black Rose” makes her entrance, decked out in a very elegant Chinese outfit, similar to Shampoo's normal red one. Hers, however, is all black, save for the large red roses designs embroidered all over the front and back. A red blush covers the face of the young woman as she takes a moment to looks down at her body…
 
“That's Kodachi?” Akane says, not believing her eyes. “Her demeanor… her voice… her dress… it's all different…”
 
Not paying attention to the comment directed at her, Kodachi cannot help but comment aloud. “This outfit is quite… revealing, though it shows no skin…”
 
“No way… is that you… the same Kodachi that tried to beat us up during the contest?” Ukyo asks while taking a closer look at the young woman.
 
 
“Sit down young lady and let me help explain away their confusion…”
 
“Thank you…” is the reply back before Kodachi sits down at the table. She quietly begins eating her food and tries to ignore the stares from Ranma, Akane, and Ukyo.
 
“You're aware that she was on some kind of medication until recently…” Cologne starts off, setting up the background for the story.
 
“Yes, Nabiki told us all about that. That was the case with her brother, too…” Akane says while trying not to stare.
 
“I feel… much different then before… I cannot believe that I did such things…” Kodachi says, referring to her past activities.
 
“Oh…” Ranma tries to liven things up a little. “It's like a whole new you… that's why we're so surprised right now… it ain't anythin' personal…”
 
“Kodachi arrive extra early… and give measurements last night. Shampoo up all night making dress…”
 
“Good work, Shampoo…” Mousse says while taking his wife's hand.
 
“I know the dress is themed to my old personality… but I find it appealing nonetheless…” Kodachi says, a smile forming on her face.
 
“You look good, sugar. If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were Shampoo's sister or something…”
 
That elicits a small laugh from everyone, even Kodachi. Cologne takes advantage of this thought being mentioned to add one of her own.
 
“Actually… the Amazon tribes and our ways are the reason why I've called you four here tonight… but there'll be time to discuss that later. First, finish eating…”
 
 
The shock of the new Kodachi keeps Akane, Ranma, and Ukyo thinking while they eat, they focus on the food, not on her, allowing the young woman to eat in peace. When everyone finishes eating, Cologne makes an announcement.
 
“First of all, I'd like to introduce the now married Shampoo and Mousse…”
 
The other five start clapping and congratulating the new couple, causing the newlyweds to blush. “Shampoo very happy… airen very handsome and caring…”
 
“Shampoo…” Mousse's blush gets even redder. “You're gorgeous…”
 
“Aww…” Akane says, feeling happy for her former opponent. `It's nice that she gave him a chance… sometimes it did hurt trying to keep her away from Ranma…'
 
“Congratulations…” Ukyo says, also feeling happy for the new couple.
 
“Good work, I knew you could do it, Mousse…” Ranma then addresses the young woman next to him. “Did he catch you off guard with that attack, Shampoo?”
 
“Hi-yah- that was very sneaky Ranma… Mousse was big distraction to Shampoo with outfit… and then attack… was too too much…”
 
“Even now, Ranma here still manages to influence Shampoo's life…” a cackling Cologne says happily. “It's the connection with the past, however, that has prompted me to call all of you here today…”
 
 
All eyes focus on the elder of the Amazons as she continues.
 
“As you know, Shampoo was supposed to either kill or marry Ranma… but neither has happened. A result of that is that we cannot go back to the tribe…”
 
“Oh…” is exclaimed from all four of the visitors.
 
“There may be other consequences as well… but I can't tell at the moment. I did want to my great-grand daughter to be happy… so I set up that fight…”
 
That catches Shampoo by surprise. “You organize fight? I thought Mousse had idea for fight…”
 
“No, it was me… I wanted to see if he could beat you with his mind and not his body… and it seems you've both gotten closer even though it's been only a day…”
 
“Yes, Shampoo spend lots of time with airen today… have lots of fun…” is Shampoo's response back while gently resting her head on Mousse's shoulder. “He give me chance… and I give him chance… is working out good so far…”
 
 
“That's good to hear… it's a more sane plan then the one you cooked up last time, Elder Cologne…” Akane comments.
 
“That nearly worked, dear… except for Mousse's intervention, of course. You'd have probably ended up with Ryoga or that other young man… Kuno…”
 
“Hmmph. No thank you…” Akane says while crossing her arms across her chest. Ukyo is a little hurt by her comment, however, despite knowing the history between Akane and Ryoga. Kodachi also stares at Akane as well…
 
“They've both changed recently… that is. They aren't bad people… I'm sure there's special people out there for both of them.”
 
 
Upon hearing that, Ukyo feels better and Kodachi stops staring at Akane. `Looks like my big mouth nearly got me into trouble again… at least Ranma didn't mouth off, too…'
 
“As you can see, Shampoo has made a new Chinese Amazon dress for Kodachi. I'd like to have her make one for her other sisters as well…”
 
“Other sisters?” is the quizzical response from the Nerima crew.
 
“This is a formal invite to join our new Japanese tribe. I believe that it's in everyone's mutual interest… Akane and Ranma remember what happened the last time Shampoo's sisters visited…”
 
“Yeah… there was the two short sisters on that first visit… they tried to kill me and Shampoo and Akane… and then later more sisters showed up. It was total chaos for a while…” Ranma says, knowing exactly what Cologne is talking about.
 
“I remember that too… being attack with that musical attack…” Akane adds.
 
“I'm not sure… but there could be even worse consequences for us… and for all four of you. You have fought and beaten Shampoo before… Akane is in the most danger from this, as well as Ranma. I did not want to have the other two be unprepared, however, should an attack come…”
 
“Thank you for telling me…” Kodachi says with a nod. “I had no idea that your tribe could be so… venegeful.”
 
“Me too… I'd rather be friends then fight. Except when it comes to cooking contests, of course…” Ukyo says, aiming that last comment at Shampoo, who nods her head in agreement.
 
“Then you'll join our tribe and be Amazon sisters to Shampoo?” Cologne says, presenting her main point of the invitation.
 
The three women think it over while Ranma shrugs his shoulders. “Don't yah mean Amazon brother?”
 
Cologne grabs a glass of water from the table and throws it at Ranma… who fails to move and gets wet, triggering the change from male to female. A “zing” is heard and Shampoo quickly moves herself out of the way…
 
 
“Hi-yah! Ranma getting too too big for shirt… buttons nearly hit Shampoo in face!”
 
 
Ranma-chan blushes and looks down… and curses her situation `Damn this shirt! I thought it fit just fine…'
 
“Ranma-honey, I think you need to rethink your outfits… and make sure they can handle both forms…” Ukyo says, commenting on Ranma's situation.
 
“Are you trying to show off or something?” Akane asks while trying not to get mad. “What's with the small shirt?”
 
“It ain't my fault these keep getting bigger…” Ranma-chan says while putting her hands on her chest. Shampoo puts a hand over Mousse's face so he can't see what's going on.
 
“Your female form must mature like your male form does, that should be no surprise…” Kodachi says calmly, having enough memories of this transformation from before not to totally shock her.
 
“I guess so… serves me right for wearing somethin' different for a change…” Ranma-chan says with a hint of sadness in her voice.
 
“Ranma… that isn't true. You just need to… plan ahead better…” Akane says softly. “In case accidents happen…”
 
“Yeah, you're right…”
 
“Shampoo agree with Akane… you need to be in harmony with curse…”
 
 
“I think now would be a good time to take some measurements and for you three girls to pick out the color and design you want…” Cologne says while pointing her stick at the back of the room. “Shampoo will lead the way to her room…”
 
 
The young Amazon whispers in her husbands' ear. “Mousse close eyes… only look at Shampoo…”
 
“Okay…” is the reply back. He closes his eyes and Shampoo removes her hand.
 
“Follow Shampoo upstairs…”
 
The four women follow Shampoo upstairs, leaving Mousse and Cologne downstairs. After hearing the sound of feet disappear, he opens his eyes.
 
“I guess it's safe now…”
 
“Yes, it is. I think my great-granddaughter is being very protective…”
 
“I don't mind… she's all I want to look at anyways…” he says with a slight blush.
 
“I think they'll all accept… and then we can work together. It's more honorable to have one's former enemies join the tribe, even if it's only official to us.”
 
“I don't want Shampoo to be alone… at least she'll have some new sisters…”
 
“True. I do hope that this will be beneficial for all of them… and hopefully we won't need to worry about that other possibility…” Cologne says with a sigh.
 
“I hope not, either…”
 
 
There's a moment of silence and then Cologne begins hopping away on her stick…
 
“I'm going to check on the girls… I'll be back in a while…”
 
“Okay…” Mousse says while taking a few deep breaths and trying to relax. He notices something on the seat next to him, a picture frame Shampoo must've left behind.
 
“I wonder what this is?” the curious Amazon says as he picks up the picture to get a closer look at it. “It's beautiful… I didn't realize that photographer got this made so quickly…”
 
 
Setting the picture on the table, Mousse stares at the picture of him and Shampoo taken earlier today in almost the same spot he's currently sitting in. `She looks so good in that dress… I can't keep my eyes off of her…'
 
 
End part A.
 
----------------
 
Part B
 
 
While Mousse helps clean up downstairs, Shampoo is busy collecting fabrics and preparing her next set of projects- making a dress for Ranma, Akane, and Ukyo…
 
“Ranma, take off shirt and pants… Shampoo do measurement on you first…”
 
Shedding the overstretched top and her pants, Ranma-chan stands in front of the mirror. “Okay…”
 
Grabbing her measuring tape, Shampoo gets right to work, taking all the essential measurements to make another perfect dress, just like she did for Kodachi. The other three women watch as Shampoo jots down a few numbers on a nearby notepad and then reaches for a bolt of fabric, holding it up in front of Ranma-chan.
 
“Shampoo think red work best for Ranma… what you think?”
 
“Definitely…” Ukyo comments.
 
“Red is her color…” Akane says with a nod.
 
“What Ranma think?” Shampoo says, addressing the silent girl.
 
“Hmm… it's not bad. It does match my hair…” the young woman says while admiring herself in the mirror. `If I gotta be a girl, I might as well look the part…'
 
“Okay, sure, I'll take it…”
 
“Good. Shampoo have perfect pattern to put on too…” the grinning Amazon says as she jots down a few notes. “Ranma all done now… time to measure Ukyo…”
 
 
As Ranma-chan starts to get dressed again, the brunette chef takes off her shirt and pants, causing Ranma-chan to blush at the sight of Ukyo in her underwear.
 
`I shouldn't be lookin' at her like that, especially since she's my sister… but I ain't never seen her wearing anything like that before…'
 
 
Akane notices the blushing Ranma-chan and delivers a quick elbow to her ribs. “Ranma…” is the low growl that sends shivers up the redhead's spine…
 
Noticing the situation, Ukyo also blushes and then apologizes. “Sorry Akane…”
 
“It's not your fault… Ranma here needs to keep her eyes on only one woman… me…” Akane says with a slight blush of her own.
 
“Ukyo like which color?” the young Amazon asks as she begins taking measurements. The chef begins thinking about what color would work for a dress like this…
 
“Hmm… maybe a deep blue color?”
 
“Okay…” Shampoo grabs a few bolts of cloth and holds them in front of the chef, who takes a few moments to pick out her choice. When she does, Shampoo takes the bolt and places in on the side, noting a few details in her notepad.
 
 
“Ukyo look very good when Shampoo done with dress…” the young Amazon says while picturing the finish product. “Akane next…”
 
 
While Ukyo puts her clothes back on, Akane hesitates… sudden remembering what exactly she was wearing under her clothes.
 
“Are you okay, Akane?” Kodachi asks, wondering why the young woman was sudden so nervous.
 
“Umm… yeah… I'm fine…” is the nervous reply back.
 
“You okay, sugar?” Ukyo asks after putting on her pants, wondering why the youngest Tendo hadn't taken off any of clothes yet.
 
Ranma-chan gets concerned as well and asks Akane what's wrong. The young woman turns her head and whispers in Ranma-chan's ear, causing the redhead to blush.
 
“Oh…”
 
 
“Hi-yah… Akane wearing something too too sexy?” Shampoo asks, nudging Akane.
 
“Kinda…”
 
“Akane… I can leave if yah want me to…” Ranma-chan offers, trying to make the situation better.
 
“No… it's just I'm wearing the other set I got at Naru's, that's all…” Akane says before taking off her shirt. `Might as well get this over with… it's not like Ranma hasn't seen me like this before… and he's a girl at the moment, so…'
 
Shedding her pants, the normally outspoken Akane tries to be more confident as the Amazon gets right to work, taking measurements. While looking at the mirror, Akane can see Ranma-chan looking at her out of the corner of her eye…
 
`I know he'd be looking at me… I guess it's a good thing because it shows that I am irresistible to him. We just talked about being a distraction to each other yesterday… I don't know how well we'll be able to study together tonight…'
 
Finishing her work, Shampoo turns and addresses the youngest Tendo. “What color Akane choose?”
 
“I don't know” is the reply back from the woman, worried more about her appearance in front of Ranma then anything else at the moment.
 
“What others think?” Shampoo says, taking her question to the others present.
 
“Something in a darker color…” Kodachi suggests.
 
Ukyo nods her head in agreement. “Hmm… yeah. Something darker, to go with her hair…”
 
“Ranma, what do you think?” Akane asks, wanting more input.
 
“Hmm… let me think.” Ranma-chan thinks and pictures Akane in different colored dresses before announcing her opinion. “I agree wit' Uc-chan… somethin' to go wit' your hair… like her dark blue but you know… more Akane like…”
 
“I get what you mean… and I'll give it a shot. Do you anything that'll work, Shampoo?” Akane asks, which gets the Amazon moving. She quickly pulls out another box and starts rummaging through it before pulling out a bolt of fabric that matches the request.
 
“This work?”
 
“Yeah… that looks good…” Akane says with a smile. “I'm going to get dressed now- you're done, right?”
 
“Shampoo done… you show Ranma lingerie again later, right?” the Amazon says with a wink.
 
“Only if he's good…” Akane says half-seriously as she pulls up her pants. “He needs to study more than he needs to stare at me…”
 
“Do you have a test coming up soon?” a curious Kodachi asks, not knowing the story.
 
“I gotta take some entrance exam on Friday, so Akane's been helping me study. Otherwise, I could be held back or worse…” Ranma-chan explains.
 
“That's why Akane's been studying with him… and I've been teasing them both a lot lately…” a grinning Ukyo adds.
 
“Yeah… you're getting to be as bad as my sister…” is the reply from Akane as she puts her shirt back on.
 
“It must be a brunette thing…” Ukyo says with wink. “Anyways… I guess we need to give Shampoo an answer…”
 
“Oh yeah… I almost forgot about that…” Following a long pause, Akane gives her answer. “I'll join… it's the least I can do. As Cologne said, it's in our best interests to join forces… especially if she thinks we'll be attacked. I remember what happened the last times Shampoo's sisters visited… and it wasn't pretty then…”
 
Before anyone can put in a word edgewise, Shampoo glomps Akane. “Shampoo welcome Akane to Amazon tribe. Shampoo very happy!”
 
“I'm glad…” Akane says, feeling happy inside for her new “sister”.
 
“Me too… I mean… I'll join…” Ukyo says after some thought. The brunette chef is the next to be glomped, giving Akane a chance to recover her bearing. `I didn't know that she could squeeze so hard!'
 
“What about you, Ranma?” Kodachi asks after Ukyo gets glomped.
 
“Sure… why not?” Ranma-chan says with a shrug.
 
“Ranma make Shampoo happy!” the young Amazon says before turning her attention to the fourth and final addition to the new tribe. Ranma-chan resists the urge to push the Amazon away… old habits die hard.
 
 
After the hug is finished, Shampoo heads for the door. “Shampoo be right back, tell great-grandmother good news…”
 
Once Shampoo leaves the four young women stare at each other and realize they've moved into a new era in their lives…
 
“Ukyo the Amazon. Doesn't sound half bad…” Ukyo says, breaking the silence. “I'm actually looking forward to seeing what kind of dress she comes up with. Just look at the wonderful job she did on Kodachi's…”
 
“Thank you…” Kodachi says while holding back a blush. “I understand that I've worn… revealing costumes before in my former pursuit of Ranma…”
 
“It's true sugar… but you're different now. More conservative, but still feminine. I think that dress really does you justice…” Ukyo says, complementing her new sister again.
 
“I can't wait to see the final result, either…” Akane says softly to herself. Ranma-chan hears her and nods, letting her know that she agrees with that thought.
 
 
Shampoo returns a moment later with her new husband and Cologne in tow.
 
“Welcome to the tribe… Shampoo has already told me the good news…” Cologne says before taking a bow.
 
“It's nice to have you with us… it gives us some kind of family here in Japan…” Mousse says, knowing that his new bride will especially like that fact.
 
Ranma-chan nods her head. “It's no problem… and thank you for makin' the dresses…”
 
“Shampoo happy to make dresses for sisters. Come back on Friday night for finished dress…” the young Amazon woman says cheerfully.
 
“Okay…” an excited Akane says, eagerly awaiting the final result. `If I can help Ranma pass the test… and get a new dress, that'll make for a real good day. I hope he doesn't get too distracted by this new dress when I get it…'
 
 
A small grin forms on Akane's face as she thinks about that last thought. Ranma-chan notices this and wonders what she's thinking about…
 
Noticing Ranma-chan's current distraction, Shampoo throws some hot water on her and triggers the change back. Ranma is about to yell out but quickly puts his hands over his mouth…
 
“Shampoo all done with measurements. Ranma can go home with Akane now…”
 
Ranma wipes the remaining water off of his face. “Thanks.” Turning to look at Akane, he asks if she's ready to go.
 
“Sure… let's go…”
 
“See yah on Friday then…” Ranma says as he heads out of the room with Akane following right behind him. The youngest Tendo waves “good bye” as she exits, leaving Ukyo and Kodachi in the room with their new family.
 
“I'd better head out, too. Ryoga's probably worried about me… and I need to get my shop open to catch some of the later dinner rush. Thank you… and I'll be here on Friday after school…” Ukyo says before bowing in front of Cologne.
 
“We'll be waiting for you…” is the reply back.
 
 
Ukyo leaves and starts heading back to her restaurant. Kodachi quietly gathers her belongings and prepares to leave as well.
 
“Sister keep dress on?” Shampoo asks, wondering why Kodachi hadn't changed clothes.
 
“Yes. I'd like to see how it feels to walk around in it. I have some thinking to do in light of all that's happened lately. For some reason, I feel this almost overwhelming urge to laugh right now…”
 
“Sister used to do special laugh all the time when she was after Ranma. Very… annoying…”
 
Mousse and Cologne look at Shampoo and hope that she hasn't offended their newest member. She shrugs it off, however…
 
“I see. I will do my best not to go `crazy' then…” Bowing in front of Cologne, the Black Rose makes her exit. “I will return on Friday as well, I would like to see the final results for my new sisters…”
 
“Of course. You're more then welcome to stop by at any time…” Cologne says happily.
 
Kodachi leaves the room and heads outside. She takes a look at the sky and grins. `This is most agreeable weather. I believe that a walk is in order… to clear my mind…'
 
 
Back inside the Cat Café, Cologne turns the sign on the front door to “Open” and comes back to Shampoo's room.
 
“I'll be running the restaurant tonight so consider this a kind of honeymoon. Tomorrow it's back to business as usual until Friday's visit…”
 
“Hi-yah! Shampoo get to spend more time with airen tonight…”is the enthusiastic reply from the young woman who quickly pulls Mousse into an intimate embrace.
 
“I'll leave you two alone…” Cologne says before hopping out of the room on her stick and closing the door, giving the couple some privacy.
 
 
“So umm… what did you want to do?” a nervous Mousse asks his lavender haired goddess who's currently resting her head on his shoulder.
 
“Shampoo want to feel good tonight… but only do as much as airen wants to do. Shampoo no want to rush airen…” is the soft reply back.
 
Feeling a little bold and confident after her reply, Mousse starts caressing her hair with hand. “Thanks for thinking about my feelings. I don't want to rush anything… but I do want to have fun with you and show you how I feel about you…”
 
“That all Shampoo want… to be loved… by handsome airen…
 
 
Upon hearing that, Mousse begins to blush. He can feel her fingers on his chest, gently moving back and forth. He closes his eyes and continues to caress her hair as she starts to get a little bolder, slowly opening the buttons of his shirt. No objection is forthcoming from Mousse as he's too busy touching her hair and enjoying the wonderful smell of her shampoo, the berry scent fills his nostrils and causes some slight hunger pains as he pictures the fruits that are the basis of the smell. Her breath gently brushes against his neck, increasing the redness of his blush.
 
 
“Is too much for airen?” Shampoo asks as she starts to reach the lower reaches of his shirt.
 
“No… that's fine. I wanted to take off this shirt and relax anyways…”
 
“Shampoo like that idea…” is the reply from the now grinning Amazon as she finishes unbuttoning his shirt. She gently tugs on it and removes the tucked in garment, gently tossing it onto a nearby dresser. Mousse cannot help but smile as he looks at the happy expression on Shampoo's face as she stares at him and soon begins rubbing her hand across his chest…
 
Airen very handsome… Shampoo was the blind one before…”
 
“What's in the past is in the past… and now I can appreciate how good you look with my own eyes…”
 
“Shampoo look good in dress then?” the curious Amazon says while looking into his eyes.
 
 
After taking a deep breath, Mousse replies back with a warm smile. “Good isn't… good even. You're beautiful, Shampoo…”
 
The compliment causes Shampoo to silently blush. For the last year she had been waiting to hear those words from Ranma and yet now they sounded even better then what she had imagined. The idea of being Mousse's wife completely changed the Amazon's train of thought… and having embraced the change, she was ready to do anything for her new husband, who had promised to make her happy. `That all Shampoo want… to be happy…'
 
 
While Shampoo is lost in thought, Mousse considers what to do next while staring at his beautiful wife. `Tonight is special… so we should do something more… intimate…'
 
 
Shampoo's attention is on her husband after feeling him pull her into a close embrace. She moves in for a kiss and the two exchange passionate kisses for several minutes, both lovers hands wandering around the back of the other.
 
“I've been waiting… a long time to do that…” Mousse says while breaking away to get some much needed air.
 
“Mousse good kisser…”
 
“So are you…” Shifting his hands to her hips, Mousse gently rubs the fabric of her dress. “You umm… wanted to have fun tonight, right?”
 
“Yes…”
 
“So do I…” Mousse admits while giving her behind a slight squeeze. “Can I umm help you get more comfortable?”
 
“Of course…”
 
 
Taking a deep breath, Mousse prepares himself for the task ahead. `I want this… and so does she. Let's have some fun… even if we don't go all the way…'
 
Shampoo closes her eyes and focuses on the sensation of her husbands' hands moving up her side and onto her shoulder. Her breathing becomes more noticeable as the excitement builds in the young woman. `What airen up to?'
 
Any doubts about Mousse's intentions are laid to rest a moment later when she feels the back of her dress being unzipped. Her face turns red as the zipper continues to head down her back. When it stops, she opens her eyes and stares longingly at her husband.
 
“Shampoo feel more comfortable already… but need more…”
 
“Okay…” Mousse says before continuing on, wanting to make this moment as perfect as possible despite his nervousness. It isn't long before Shampoo's dress falls down to the ground, leaving the Amazon with just her pink panties and nothing else.
 
Airen feeling bold tonight… Shampoo very comfortable now…”
 
“I'm trying my best…” the blushing Amazon says while taking off Shampoo's high heels. The young woman returns the favor, removing his shoes and tossing them to the side. She sits on the bed and waits for her love…
 
Doing her best to sound sultry, Shampoo winks and then motions towards the bed. “Shampoo ready to have fun…”
 
“Me too…” is the reply from the very redfaced Mousse, who cannot believe that a near naked Shampoo is on the bed, calling him. `This isn't a dream… it's reality for both of us. I'm going to make sure Shampoo is happy, no matter what. We've been through too much…'
 
“This is how I really feel about you…”
 
 
After saying those words, Mousse sits down next to Shampoo and shows her exactly what he means to her… and her to him…
 
 
Out in the streets of Nerima, Kodachi walks around, enjoying for the first time in a long time the simple pleasure of an evening stroll. Many of the passerby took long looks at the beautiful young woman, who feels a tinge of embarrassment. `The men are truly taken by this outfit… and even the women look at me in a certain manner. There must be someone out there for me… that can forgive my past madness…'
 
 
When she arrives home, she cannot help but notice the bustle of activity in her brother's room. She peeks inside and sees him sitting a desk, rapidly writing and drawing…
 
 
“What are you up to, brother dear?”
 
“Kodachi… I…” Pausing to look up at his sister, Tatewaki cannot help but notice the outfit she's wearing. “That dress… it is certainly… unique…”
 
“Yes, it is. I got it a few hours ago at the Cat Café. Shampoo made this wonderful dress for me… I find it quite… comfortable.”
 
“I see…”
 
Since this subject is already being talked about, Kodachi decides now is the best time to reveal the other news tied into the new dress. “I have other news… I have official joined the Amazon tribe as Shampoo's sister…”
 
 
Silence is the response back to that revelation. “Say again, sister… I am not sure I heard thee right… you said that you joined the Amazon tribe?”
 
Nodding her head, Kodachi acknowledges the question. “Yes, I did. Due to the new situation that has revealed itself after the fight, it was in all of our best interests to join. Akane, Ukyo, and Ranma have also joined the sisterhood as well…”
 
Tatewaki is silent while processing this new information. `I'm sure my sister thought this decision out… the situation must truly be trying for all four of them to join on such short notice. This is truly an interesting situation…'
 
 
Looking down at the desk, Kodachi notices several open books and a pad of paper in front of her brother. “It looks like you're holding a play of some sort…”
 
“Indeed. The Merchant of Venice is the senior class play, picked out by me of course. I am currently planning the costumes and other fine details of the play…” Tatewaki says proudly.
 
“That does sound promising… who has the lead role?”
 
“The fair Nabiki Tendo…” is the response back, a slight blush coloring the older Kuno's cheeks as he says that name.
 
“I see…” Kodachi takes a look around the room and finds several posters of Nabiki on the wall… and then notices an envelope on the edge of the desk. A few pictures are visible on the outside… these immediately attract the younger Kuno's attention…
 
“You do know about her… reputation…” Kodachi says as she slowly moves towards the desk to get a better look at the pictures. “She is quite the informant…”
 
“Indeed she is…” Tatewaki says, not even bothering to look up at his sister, who is now close enough to get a good look at the photographs. What she sees causes her to take action right away…
 
 
“I see some of her other talents have already shown themselves. Bribery and manipulation, just to name two…”
 
That comment gets Tatewaki to stop writing and look up at his sister. “What are you talking about?”
 
“These…” Kodachi says while holding up a few of the pictures in question. “She sent you revealing pictures to gain your favor and set herself in the prime position… I can see her influence already at work- you even have her pictures on your walls! I will not let my brother be scammed by some con artist…”
 
Taking a few deep breaths, Tatewaki tries to calm himself down and not yell at his sister. “One moment sister… she is not manipulating me. Several girls sent in pictures that were… revealing, though none as much as hers… but there were other reasons besides the physical for my choice…”
 
Doubting that but wanting to hear his reasoning, the Black Rose shrugs her shoulders and speaks with a twinge of sarcasm. “Enlighten me brother dear…”
 
“If you are of her other… attributes, then you should also be amiss in regard to her penchant for money and shrewd business dealings… business seems to be her forte. That is my primary reason for choosing her for the role… the photos were just a small factor in my decision.”
 
Kodachi is not entirely convinced by that line. “Just watch yourself, brother… I remember your prior obsessive behavior in regards to Akane and the `pig-tailed girl', who is actually Ranma…”
 
Tatewaki sighs aloud. “Yes, I am aware of that now. That revelation was quite… interesting. I had no idea…and my in my previous state I could not grasp that Ranma and the pig-tailed girl were one in the same…” A small grin forms on his face as an idea comes to him. “Speaking of relationships… are you on the… how shall I say it… prowl?”
 
Kodachi blushes. “Whatever do you mean?”
 
“You have a bag of clothes in your hand, yet you chose to wear that black Chinese dress…” Tatewaki stops after seeing the scowl on Kodachi's face.
 
“What I choose to wear is my own business…”
 
“Yes, it is. However, that kind of wear is generally used to… attract the opposite sex. Your legs slits, for example…” Tatewaki points down at the slits on the dress, causing Kodachi to take a better look at what exactly he's looking at.
 
“They appear to show… some leg upon further glance. This is not on the same level as those pictures on your desk…” Kodachi says defensively.
 
“And the top of your dress?” A red blush forms on the older Kuno's face and he says no more, not wanting to say certain things about his own sister.
 
Kodachi sighs and places a hand on her heart. “The top of the dress is skin-tight, true… but you read too much into this, brother dear. I was merely enjoying this new feeling… of being free… and having a clear mind…”
 
“Ah…” Tatewaki backs off after hearing that. “I can understand that feeling… and I wish you to trust my judgment. I shall not allow anyone to take advantage of me anymore…”
 
Pointing at the main shelf on the back wall of his room, he continues. “I have already found out where all of those picture albums came from… and I will be disposing of them shortly. Such ploys for money will not work anymore…”
 
Kodachi steps closer and takes a good look at her brother. `He's telling the truth… but he still needs to be careful. Not everyone can change like we have… hopefully she will not take advantage of him.'
 
“I trust you, brother, but I shall watch over you nonetheless…”
 
“'Tis fair… but I shall also watch you, when the time comes. I have memories of you prancing around in…” Tatewaki gulps. “In your underwear, calling out for Ranma darling…”
 
Kodachi blushes and remembers some of the prior outfits and lingerie she had used in the past in her effort to “convince” Ranma to choose her over the others.
 
“You… have a point.” she concedes.
 
“We shall watch each other then…” Tatewaki says with a grin. “No one shall take advantage of the Kuno's again…”
 
A small smile forms on Kodachi's face. “Indeed…”
 
 
Kodachi turns around and leaves the room, feeling a lot a better then she did before entering the room. `This should work out for both of us…'
 
Tatewaki gets back to work after his sisters' departure, though he takes a moment to stare at the pictures on his wall… and to take another glance at some of the pictures in the envelope. `I think there's more to her then meets the eye with her… I do hope to find out if that is true, my brunette goddess…'
 
 
 
Across town, in the Tendo house, Akane and Ranma are studying in her room for the upcoming test in an effort to keep Ranma at his current grade level. Nabiki heads upstairs from the kitchen and sees Happosai walking by out of the corner of her eye…
 
“Another panty raid?” she asks after seeing the pile of lingerie bulging out of the bag on his back.
 
“No, just some of my favorites… that's all…” is the reply back as the old man continues down the hallway to his room. After closing the door, Nabiki shrugs her shoulders. “Something's never change…”
 
 
As she walks towards the stairs, however, she notices that something has fallen onto the floor. `That looks familiar… is it one of mine?'
 
Curiosity getting the better of her, Nabiki quietly moves closer to get a better look. `If it's one of mine, I'm taking it back…'
 
Noticing a tag on the bra in question, the middle Tendo daughter picks it up for a closer look. “Wait a second… there's something written on this tag. Fighting fiancée special collection… number one of four… A.T.”
 
The realization of what she has in her hand hits Nabiki hard. `This is Akane's bra! The one she must've had on during that first fight. It all makes sense… fighting fiancée… one of four… and A.T. He must've caused that sleeping beauty sickness and stolen their underwear… I've got to tell Akane and the others…'
 
 
Quietly, the brunette backs up and heads up stairs to Akane's room in order to get the news to her as soon as possible…
 
 
To be continued in Chapter 14: Training with Happosai
 
I have a picture idea that will happen in the next chapter and that will tie into my picture contest on deviantart.com. My next priority writing wise will be a new Pokemon chapter, so it may be a while before I get back to this. Stay tuned!