Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ The Were-Ken ❯ Lives Forever Changed ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

The Were-Ken
 
Disclaimer: I do not own Ranma 1/2 or Gold Digger, nor do I own any other characters from other series may be introduced in this story. If I touch upon things that other authors have previously written I hope that they will consider this a form of homage to their creativity, taking it in the spirit it was meant to be, as praise. (Special thanks to Shinji The Goodsharer for allowing me to continue his work, to my RL friend the Rainbow Troll for his help in writing various parts of this story, and to the author Wolvenstorm for sparking my inspiration to write this.)
 
Warning: It is assumed that you have read Chapter one of this story if you continue to read past this point and understand what this story may contain as far as offensive content.
 
*** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ***
 
Chapter Two - Lives Forever Changed
“From the ashes something's still rise.”
 
*** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ****** ***
 
Early Morning At The Digger Home, Atlanta Georgia
 
Gina was working on the design of one of her new Hurt-Bots and things seemed to be going quite well. She had the design down and even had the framework for the body almost ready. There was only one thing that kept her from being able to concentrate on her work, the constant sighing that echoed in the small room in which she was doing her work at the moment.
 
Staring intently through the magnifying glass that allowed her to see the circuit board more clearly. In one hand she held the node she needed to solder to the board at the ready between the tips of a tweezer-like device. In the other she had her mini-laser torch held at the ready.
 
:sigh:
 
`Once I get this chip on the board I will be done with this part of the project!' Gina thought happily as she was finally getting things just right. She just had to make sure that this last bit of circuitry was connected to the main system sequence on the board. It had to be placed in a very precise location. If it were to be off even a bit the whole board would be worthless and she would have to start all over. She just needed to concentrate…
 
:ssiigghh:
 
A look of total concentration was on Gina Diggers face; squinted eyes, furrowed brow, even a bit of her tongue sticking out from between her lips as her mouth was set in such a way as to give obviousness to the fact that she was gently biting down on it in concentration. Her hands were steady as could be considering that she was wearing special gloves she had designed herself that were made to compensate for the normal twitching of a humans nervous system that might otherwise prevent such precise work. Why not use a machine to do so you might ask? Well normally Gina would do so but she was really taking pride in this project as she wanted to feel a greater sense of accomplishment when she was done with this Hurt-Bot. `Oh yes, this will be my greatest Hurt-Bot yet!' she thought to herself as she began the delicate work of soldering the node into place on the board.
 
:ssssiiiigggghhhh:
 
One of Gina's eyebrows twitched as she continued with her work on the board. After a few tense moments she had the first bit in place. Wiping a bit of sweat off her brow she smiled at her work. `Ok, that worked out great! But there is still more to do.' She just had to solder three more of the leads to the board so that the node was properly secured. While not as hard as the initial placement they still required that she concentrate on it so as to not make a mistake.
 
:ssssssssiiiiiiiigggggggghhhhhhhh:
 
Shutting off the mini-laser torch and setting it on the table near the board she had been working on Gina stepped away from her work. `There is no way I can get this done with her doing that.' She mentally grumbled to herself. Pushing away from the table she walked out of the room and into one across the hall. There in the room were several large tables, some of which were littered with various unfinished devices or just extra parts to be used for later projects. One table was covered with a large white sheet that went nearly to the floor. One might be reminded of the tale of Frankenstein's Monster from the images the humanoid form under the blanked conjured when looked at. Though one should consider Frankenstein's Bride as the form underneath the sheet was clearly a female from the way the sheet fell and showed off the covered individual's physique. As she approached the form she heard another long sigh (and far louder as she was close to the source) and she witnessed the sheet around the area where the head would be raise quite bit in the air from the amount of pressure that was expelled in the effort of making the noise.
 
:Ssssssssssssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh hhh:
 
Gina yanked the cover off the figure's head to expose the form of her sister Brittany Diggers “Cheetah, do you have to do that here? I'm trying to do some very delicate work and you're distracting me.” It was obvious from her tone that she was a mildly irritated.
 
Britanny sat up pushing the sheet to the end of the table uncovering herself as she gave Gina a sad kind of lost look before replying “Sorry Gina. I figured I would be alone down here, mom kicked me out of the kitchen so I came down here.” And then stood up “I'll go work out a bit I think.”
 
Gina watched her sister shuffle off. `I'm really sorry Cheetah, I know you're hurting but there is nothing more I can do for you right now. I wish there was, I really do...'
 
Returning to the other room she sat down and picked up the laser-torch to begin her work again but just could not regain the level of concentration she had before. She gave out a long sigh followed by a rueful chuckle `Damn Brit, now you got me doing it.'
 
She sat thinking for a bit about what more she could do to help her sister. She had been moping around the house for the last few months due to her problems with Stripe. `We have already tried to contact Stripe and we have not been able to get a response.' Gina thought to herself, `Cheetah has not been out of the house for the last month, not even to shop!' Turning and looking back towards the room Britanny was in she sighed again before taking off her gyro-stabilization gloves and putting them on the table behind her. `Surely there must be something more I can do. At least something to help Cheetah out of this funk.'
 
She knew that later today she would be going to jade and that Britanny would not be going on the trip to Jade as she was avoiding Gar. He had been trying to help Britanny get over things but it was obvious even to her that he was trying to get Britanny to think of him in a romantic way. Sure he meant well but her sister was just not ready to move on yet. She considered what she could do to at least get Cheetah out of the house for a while and then hit on an idea. `There are still several parts I need to get and I had to postpone picking them up due to this trip to Jade. Maybe Britanny would be willing to pick them up for me. I'll just tell her that I had forgotten I had to go to Jade and get her to take my place in picking up what I need!'
 
With that Gina was on the phone making the necessary arrangements for Britanny's impromptu trip to Japan. `I'm sure Cheetah will thank me for this later.'
 
When everything was finalized she had Cheetah on a flight that would leave at three this afternoon. This would give her time to fly there, rest up, and then get everything before she had to head back. `Perfect! Now I just need to get Cheetah to agree.' She said with a smile as she went to find her mopey sister.
 
 
--------------------------------------------
 
The Next Day In Nerima Japan
 
“MEOW!” Yet again Ranma was in the early stages of the Neko-ken, Akane had been chasing him through the school with a calico kitten in her arms ever since Ranma had found her and Ryoga kissing in the gym. She could still recall the look on Ranma's face the moment when he caught her and Ryoga together in such an intimate position. The pain in his eyes had almost caused her forgo the plan till Ryoga began whispering about what had happened this morning in the furo. His words brought the memory to the surface. Akane had planned to enter the furo early to catch Ranma before he had finished. She had walked in on him in hopes of perhaps catching a view of her own, not that she would ever admit to doing so. But it was her right as his proper fiancée to see him this way, she had justified to herself at the time. After all he had walked in on her enough it was only fair and it was different when a girl saw a boy this way. What she found there made her angrier then she could ever recall being. Shampoo clutching an equally naked Ranma, HER Ranma! And they were locked in a kiss while rolling around like two cats in heat! These images gave her the strength to carry out their plan, to hurt Ranma as much as he had hurt her. Maybe then she would let him come groveling back to her. Thus was she to be seen chasing Ranma through the halls of Furinkan with a kitten in her arms, all part of the plan Ryoga had come up with when she spoke with him earlier that day on the way to school. One to make Ranma suffer the pain she felt this morning.
 
Of course many of the students had stayed to watch as Ranma degraded into the Neko-ken. His bouncing and hopping was always so adorable and they loved to watch it not to mention needling the poor boy the next day.
 
The chase ended as they exited the school into the front yard and the loud yell of a “Ranma prepare to die!” was heard. Those words would have been normal to everyone if the loud bang and sudden pain showing on Ranma's face hadn't followed it. The school was shocked as they saw Ranma look at Ryoga questioningly, sanity clearly having returned to him if only for a moment. The smirk on Ryoga's face was impossible for him to miss nor was the gun in his hand. Blood poured from the bullet-hole as Ranma fell to his knees, his eyes never leaving Ryoga.
 
Akane had stopped by Ranma's side when he stopped and stared at Ryoga. Turning to see why he had stopped her eyes widened in surprise and the grin she had on her face began to fade as she watched a bloodstain slowly form on his chest where the bullet had entered. Her arms dropped limply to her side dropping the kitten she had been using to scare him to the ground where it scampered into the crowd.
 
Ryoga's grin became wider as he approached where Ranma knelt. The other students stared in horror as Ryoga placed his foot over the expanding bloodstain on Ranma's chest and kicked sending the wounded boy backwards to leave him sprawled out on the ground. The other students stared in horror as Ryoga kicked the bleeding pigtailed boy knocking him back before going to the side of the frozen Akane. Making sure that Ranma was still watching him he pulled Akane's shocked form to him and kissed her roughly before turning back to Ranma with an arm still around Akane's waist as he a shifting coming from the direction of the downed Ranma. Ranma was standing up.
 
Ranma's eyes were closed as Ryoga lifted the gun and took aim to finish him off, `Good, he went down to fast. I want this to last.' Ryoga thought before speaking “Fitting that you should die with me cheating Ranma as that is all you ever did in our fights.” If possible Ryoga's grin grew even wider as he steadied the gun and began to squeeze the trigger “Now I will have my final vengeance Ranma and you will go to the grave knowing that not only did I beat you but I also did it with the help of girl you loved.” Then Ranma's eyes opened; Ryoga froze as he stared at those pale faded blue eyes. They rippled as the blood vessels in them ruptured and burst filling his moonlight blue eyes with deep black blood. The bullet hole in his chest shifted and clenched as the blood turned black and squeezed the bullet out to the ground before puckering closed.
 
Both the shooter and the woman stared in terror as a fiery aura suddenly enveloped Ranma, and clearly it was not a false heat as the asphalt at his feet began to bubble slightly. But it was not the aura that had them in terror, it was the fact that Ranma's skin was fading into midnight black fur with blazing red stripes. They watched as his teeth became sharp and small fangs developed. They saw the ripple of his growing muscle as his bones shifted loudly with rough popping noises that sent shivers up their spines. Ranma's head suddenly tilted back in a soundless scream as his form grew taller and better built.
 
His growing form tore his red silk Chinese shirt to causing it to flutter to the ground in pieces and turned his normally ankle length pants into a pair of shorts that could barely be called a loincloth. His ears grew pointed and his ponytail grew longer, reaching down to touch the base of the tail that sprouted from his hindquarters contributing to the damage to his torn clothing. The tail was striped much like the rest of his now fur covered body though it ended in a small black tuft of fur. Claws came from each fingertip and foot as his slippers ripped away. Ranma now stood well over eight feet tall, his body muscular and lithe at the same time. As the transformation completed the fiery aura about him faded from sight and his eyes lost a bit of their dark color as a shimmering blue iris could be seen. Eyes that reflected no humanity as the Neko-Ken had returned in force. These eyes stared unblinking at Ryoga as a snarl formed on his face.
 
Seeing this new development Ryoga pushed Akane towards the monster his rival had become and scrambled to put as much distance between him and the beast as possible, `Maybe another prefecture or two...' Ryoga thought. Ranma he could kill with a gun, but this was something he wanted no part of. `Akane was only a way to get under his skin anyways. Sure I may have had a crush on her in the beginning but it was obvious even to me that she only had eyes for that pig-tailed bastard.' His thoughts were cut off as he was knocked to the ground by a huge weight. He was pinned and he knew what had him on the ground. He could feel the claws on Ranma's feet dig into him as it held him in place. Trying to raise the gun to shoot the monster Ryoga screamed as the offending limb was bitten hard enough to cause him to drop the weapon. The beast that was once Ranma then leaped back to avoid the Bokken that swung at the position he was once in. This allowed Ryoga to get up and run out of the school yard only. Giving the source of the bokken only a token glance Ranma bound off to chase Ryoga. With the departure of two of the main participants of this drama all eyes turned to the one that remained, one Akane Tendo who was know sprawled out on the ground on her knees.
 
Akane stared at nothing. Ryoga had betrayed her; he had caused her to lead Ranma into this trap. He was only supposed keep Ranma from getting out of hand while in the Neko-ken incase he did not come to her as he normally did. Not shoot him. Then he had shoved her towards the creature that was Ranma and left her there. It had totally ignored her and went after Ryoga without hesitation. Looking up she saw the look on her face in a school window's reflection and flinched. It matched his; it matched the look Ranma had worn, it was the look she saw in Ranma's eyes when he had caught her and Ryoga kissing... It was the look of knowing that the only person who you believed truly loved you had betrayed you without a second thought.
 
`Is this how he felt? Did he really save me all those times because he loved me? Did I just betray someone who really loved me and that I lo… care a lot about?' She asked herself over and over as she felt her heart clench realizing it was true. No matter how much she hit him, how often she left with other guys on dates he had come back to her. But now she realized why the other girls pursued him so vigorously. She now looked at the incident this morning in the furo through different eyes. She saw that they were not rolling around in pleasure but rather Ranma was trying to get Shampoo off of him while trying to avoid either him touching her someplace he should not or her getting in another stolen kiss. She recalled his words as he yelled for Shampoo to get off of him, words her anger had blocked out. So many other incidents played through her mind as she came to the realization that he never returned their affections.
 
A tear fell down her cheek as she came to the realization that despite how she thought Ranma was, she was wrong. She had betrayed the only person in the world who would turn down and pull away from other women just to be with her. Women, who were capable of being super models if they had wanted to be. At any time he could have had them at his beck-and-call with nothing more than a curl of his finger and she had thrown it away because she wouldn't get over her own pride. Because she had wanted Ranma to suffer humiliation for what she had thought he had done in the past.
 
--------------------------------------------
 
Britanny `Cheetah' Diggers, the adopted daughter of Dr. Theodore Diggers and his wife Julia Brigand-Diggers, the last Werecheetah, was in heat. In her primal mind she knew it and she needed a mate soon. She was in Japan because her sister Gina had somehow convinced her that she needed to get out and away from home for a bit.
 
“What better reason than to go pick up some items that I need for my latest project!” Gina had said. “And since I have to go to Jade and the flight is already booked. No sense in wasting the ticket when you could go in my place.” It took another hour or so worth of needling before she had given into her sister's request if only to shut her up.
 
At least the ride to Japan was nice and comfy, being pampered flying first class on the way had been very relaxing. Gina had even managed to arrange transport for her on the way back from Ace, a pilot that was also a close friend of the family. It was fortunate that he was already in the area making a cargo run and would be heading back to Atlanta from there to see Penny. Sure she could have had her father teleport her to Japan but she wanted the time alone to think and that flight and this time away from anyone she knew had helped in its own way. Better than moping around at home like she had been. She had even managed to go shopping for the first time in a month!
 
It was after she had been shopping for an hour or so that it happened. :PooF: Britanny coughed as the herbs wafted into her face. A young man walking into a pet shop carrying some large bags had bumped into her and one of the large sacks had fallen from his hands breaking open as it landed on her. Britanny would have been angry if she hadn't starting to feel so warm and fuzzy.
 
Staring at the attractive woman who was now giggling and purring drunkenly the young man could only wonder what was happening. One minute he was unloading the supply truck and the next he bumped into the tall woman and she began giggling like mad before running off with much the contents of the bag clinging to her. “What's her problem? It's only catmint.” (1) He than scratched his head as he wondered if he really had seen the departing woman become taller and grow a tail as she receded into the distance. Shaking his head at the impossibility of it he went back to work and picked up the bag that had fallen, on the side it had a label that said it was a special order for one Kodachi Kuno. “That bag ain't coming out of my pay that's for sure.”
 
(1) More commonly known as catnip.
 
--------------------------------------------
 
They say that one experiences pain from giving birth, especially without lots of drugs. But what of what the child itself feels when it is thrust out into the world. It does not get anything to deaden the experience. The sudden pain of being thrown from someplace warm and safe only to be blinded as for the first time your eyes are exposed to the bright lights of this world. That is sort of what it felt as the walls of its prison fell and it was forced to cross the barriers between existences. It took solace in the fact that it would finally be able to feed again after so long existing only on the meager energies that its prison had allowed.
 
That of course was cut short as it felt the wave of life energy coming at it too fast for it to properly feed from. Much like a starving man who was suddenly forced to eat a full course meal, while the taste was highly enjoyable too little was able to be properly absorbed to even be considered a tiny snack. One might also compare it to trying to drink form a fire hose, sure you could swallow a little bit but not enough to stay the entire torrent. And much like the pressure one might expect from a fire hose should it hit you full on. It was flung far from the source of this delicious energy.
 
Stunned and confused by both the intensity of the energy and its sudden exposure to the material world it took it sometime to regain its bearings. Much like a sleepwalker working on instinct it made its way back to the original location of the delightful energy source only to find it gone. Grumbling much like Nabiki might do before having had her morning coffee the creature began to follow the trail left behind by the departing energy.
 
--------------------------------------------
 
The schoolyard of Furinkan High was silent, as silent as the grave. This silence was broken by a voice none really wished to hear but in retrospect was one that they should have expected. It was the voice of the one who had tried to strike Ranma with the Bokken, that of one Tatewaki Kuno. “See! Hath I not told you many a time of the horrors of the foul Sorcerer Saotome!” Kuno proclaimed as stood proudly with his arms held to his hips in an attempt to look as important as he felt he was in his mind. “Though the Hibiki boy hath used an honorless tool of the western masses to do so,” having reaching close enough to do so he prodded the gun on the ground with his bokken causing it to skitter to in front of the still kneeling and immobile Tendo “he hath revealed Saotome for the Bake-neko that he is!” Gazing down on the stunned form of Akane he loudly proclaimed his intentions to her and to the Kami above. “Worry not my fierce tigress for I hath chased the beast off for the moment. But I dare tarry not as I must chase down the foul demon and dispatch the beast before it may do more harm to the brave but misguided Hibiki!” And with that Kuno ran after the retreating forms of both Ranma and Ryoga shouting about the justice of heaven coming for the foul demon Saotome.
 
This proved to be the stimulus that broke some out of their immobility because other students to began to react. Seeing a martial arts battle was common place to those of Furinkan High but this was something entirely different. This was an attempt at cold blooded murder. They had all heard the cry of “Die Ranma!” enough times but not one of them actually thought it would come to pass. Never did they expect to see any of these same martial artists use a firearm as it went against what they knew of the code. Not in a million years would any of them have made a bet with Nabiki even remotely related to what they had just seen Ranma turn into or that one of the Nerima Wrecking Crew would use a gun. Though several teachers were now arriving on the scene and to organize the students to find out exactly what had taken place it proved relatively futile as many of them were still in shock over what they had witnessed and had started moving listlessly towards their homes on instinct. Those who remained formed clusters where they began not so whispered conversations about what had taken place. These conversations ran from disbelief that Akane had led Ranma into a trap to those that believed she had secretly been in a relationship with Ryoga all this time and that this was all planned out. After all she had always shouted how much she disliked the young pig-tailed martial artist.
 
While the teachers set about trying to guide students off school grounds or to find out what had taken place, three girls approached the downed Akane. Two came from one direction and the last from another.
 
A girl with light brown hair done up in a braid that lay over her left shoulder spoke as she reached Akane “Akane?” and then knelt down so she was eye level with her friend “Akane. It's me, Yuka.”
 
Akane did not react even a bit to the calling of her name; her gaze was locked downward at the blood-covered gun that lay where Kuno had knocked it.
 
“Come on Akane, lets get you up” Yuka said as she reached out and tried to help Akane to her feet. At the contact Akane gave a start but did not resist the gentle pull of her friend as she was guided to her feet.
 
The other one of the girls that had reached Akane first, a girl with dark brown hair that was tied up in a ponytail, stood silently just a bit behind Yuka. This was Sayuri, another one of Akane's longtime friends. In her arms was a small kitten, the very same one that Akane had used to scare Ranma. She had found it pawning at her shoelaces and picked it up unthinkingly.
 
As Yuka had just finished helping Akane to her feet, the third girl completed her approach. She first looked at Sayuri and raised an eyebrow at seeing the kitten in her arms, then at her sister and Yuka. `I wish I had time to help you myself sis but I have to take care of things here. You are going to have to settle for having your friends take care of you for now.' Stating a clear voice Nabiki made her wishes clear “Yuka lead Akane home.” Nabiki continued to speak as she knelt down to carefully cover the gun with a kerchief from her school bag. “Sayuri give the kitten to me and you go with her. The two of you make sure she makes it home.” She hesitated only a moment to accept the kitten before turning away to head towards a group of students who were now gathering under a nearby tree.
 
It was clear that Nabiki Tendo was not happy, not one bit. This was evident from the scowl on her face as she reached the small group of people under the tree. `You really screwed up this time little sister. I do not know if you know just how badly.' Fixing a mask of icy indifference over her inner turmoil Nabiki took stock of the ten people under the tree. They looked slightly lost as their attentions were on different things based on the person. Four stared blankly at Akane's retreating form, their eyes asking a thousand unanswered questions. Three gazed blankly at their video cameras numbly watching a replay of the incident trying to prove to themselves what they had seen surely had not happened. Two wore expressions upon their faces that would have done Nabiki's harshest Ice Queen façade proud if it were not for the look of the lost in their eyes as they starred at the last girl who stood there giving off an occasional manic giggle.
 
Inside she had to hand it to her factors as they were right where she wanted them despite the crisis. Making an attempt to garner their scattered attentions she cleared her throat. “Ok damage control people. Benjiro, Raieko, and Takayuki I'm going to the video cards from your cameras. I'm also going to need you to find out if anyone else took any pictures or recorded any this. If they have I want it. Offer to shave off some of their debt if that will help. If not, make it clear that their debt will be called in immediately.” Pushing forward she addressed the giggling girl “Koemi, get a grip cause I am going to need you to help Masayuki.” Then turning to said male she continued, “I want the two of you to find out what the teachers are doing to handle this. If you can help them in anyway try to do so but keep track of who you helped so we can call in a favor later.” She turned to another girl and continued “Ayame I want you help those to but the moment the police show up I want you to get the officers names and text them to me.” Pausing for a second to be sure her orders were being received she saw that they were all still doing as they were before she arrived. `I do not have time for this. I need to get them moving so that I can take care of things they cannot. Ranma is still out there and who knows what is happening.' Attempting to get them focused she clapped her hands loudly and spoke in a tone that would have done a drill instructor proud “Eyes here people!” causing them to jump and lock onto her presence. Once she was assured of their attention she reiterated her orders. To the rest she gave instructions to let it be known that a reward was being placed on any information that would lead to Ranma's whereabouts. Of course this would only be paid out if Ranma was actually found at that location. Any and all information was to be relayed to her immediately and they were to make it clear that no one was to try to approach Ranma under any circumstances. `Not that anyone would want to if he is still angry.' She thought recalling the snarling look on his face. `Although his new form did have a certain appeal to it.' she admitted to herself before shaking the thought out of her head.
 
Feeling secure that things were in motion Nabiki headed away from Furinkan towards her first destination, the Nekohanten, as she mindlessly pet the cat that was still nestled in the crook of her arm.
 
--------------------------------------------
 
Ryoga was once again on the ground and getting pounded upon by the beast when Tatewaki Kuno had caught up with the foul demon and his prey. `Ah, I have the beast right where I want it!' Thought Kuno as he leapt up into the air with the intent of bringing his bokken down on the beasts unprotected back. “JUSTICE WILL BE MINE!” But the blow never landed as Ranma just swung an arm to impact with the delusional kendoist sending him hurtling into a near by building. This gave Ryoga another chance to run from the beast as he struck the ground between him and the beast with a shout of Bakusai Tenketsu causing the ground to explode and sliding the beast back a few feet away from him. Wasting no time Ryoga was once again on his feet and fleeing for his life.
 
Neko-Ranma lowered his arms from covering his face from the explosion caused by the Bakusai Tenketsu. Seeing Ryoga running again he paused a moment to look over his shoulder in the direction that Kuno had flown as if considering something before making a snort of dismissal. Turning back he witnessed Ryoga knocking over a young boy that was riding down the street on his bicycle. Ranma emitted a low growl as he coiled his body crouching down closer to the cement of the sidewalk Ranma as his body tensed in anticipation of renewing the pursuit. To those looking at him he looked like a cat about to take off running. With a bellowing roar that rattled the nearby windows Ranma sprang forward once again in pursuit of the fleeing lost-boy. Left behind as a sign of its presence were several long claw marks imbedded deep into the cement of the sidewalk.
 
The mouse was running, so the cat would chase.
 
--------------------------------------------
 
It followed the trail as best as it could but since it was cold it was not an easy task. It knew this was the way those it was pursuing had gone. Traces of the life energy hung in the air. Like a faint perfume on the breeze it sensed it for only an instant before it was gone. But this was definitely the way. It was forced to flit from shadow to shadow like a thief in the night because it did not have enough energy to render itself invisible. It could not even bring up enough power to phase through obstacles.
 
Dodging behind a garbage can it was startled when the can was lifted away and it came face to face with a middle-aged man who was retrieving the can from the curb. Both man and creature stared at each other for a long moment before blinking in tandem. It then did what was natural to its species when discovered and gathered what energy it could to scare the human away.
 
The middle-aged man having lived in Nerima all its life simply shrugged his shoulders and walked back through the gate in the wall, can in tow.
 
“Honey, are we having Unagi for diner?”
 
“No, why do you ask dear?”
 
“No reason.”
 
The creature simply blinked at the now closed gate and thought questioningly to itself `Ok…' Before realizing that it was now floating in plain sight. It shook off its confusion and dove back into the nearest shadow to continue its pursuit. It could sense that one of the two ki's it felt, the less palatable one, was fading while the other seemed to remain as strong as it was when it first sensed it. Soon, with luck, it would catch up with them and get a proper meal.
 
--------------------------------------------
 
Ukyo Kuonji was not having a good day. It had started out with her realizing she was almost out of some of the ingredients she used in her okonomiyaki sauce but she would not have the time to go pick it up because she had school and it would be an all day project. Fortunately Konatsu offered to get what was needed. With luck he would be back with everything before the evening rush. Add to this that she could not get her wayward fiancé's attention at today, when she did he went on and on about Akane and wondering why she was avoiding him. Even during lunch when she would usually cook him an okonomiyaki, the jackass spent it having to run back to Furinkan after being bashed into the distance by his un-cute fiancée.
 
From what she could gather Akane was angry with Ranma for something that had happened this morning involving Shampoo but when she asked Ranma what it was all about all he could do was blush and mutter about it not being what Akane thought it was, that and something about un-cute tomboys always walking in on him when he was in the bath.
 
A soft sigh escaped her lips as she finished with the preparations to open the Ucchan, having left school early to do all the prep-work that Konatsu usually did for her. The only thing left to do was to change out of her school clothes and into something more suitable for work. Her thoughts turned once again to the pig-tailed boy as she headed up to her room `Why does he care for much for that girl? What has she got that I don't? She can't cook, flies off the handle at the littlest of things where Ranma was concerned, and she sure was not a better martial artist. Oh sure Ranma honey sure put his foot in his mouth and said things that were somewhat insensitive but look at who raised him.' Picking out one of her many sets of clothing, nearly all of which would be better suited to a boy than the girl she set about getting undressed `Stupid jackass. If he would just choose her like he should then he would not have to put up with Akane's abuse.' She thought as she looked at her panty clad form in the full-length mirror that was on the back of the door `She sure as hell does not have a better figure than me that's for sure' turning to her side she struck a pose with her hands behind her head holding up her long brown hair so that it fell sexily across her shoulders `Hell if Ranma wanted someone to peek on I would happily let him do so with me.' She thought with a blush. Turning towards the clothing that lay on the bed she removed her bra and reached for the chest-wrappings that lay on the bed when she paused as she thought she heard a loud yell from outside. Before she could do more than pick up the wrapping the wall to the outside practically exploded as if a bomb had gone off. Shaking off the effect after a moment or two she found that she had been thrown across the room and against the far wall. The sound of a inhuman roar brought her attentions completely back to her surroundings and the first thing she noticed was the bokken driven into the wall right by her head. It had missed her by less than an half an inch. Secondly she began to notice that something heavy was lying on top of her, something that had its hands on a part of herself that she would only allow one man to hold, and they were squeezing! Looking down in disbelief she gazed into the brown eyes of one Tatewaki Kuno as he looked up at her from where his head lay, between her thighs.
 
“Whilst not as pleasing to embrace as those of my beloved Pig-Tailed Girl nor as firm as those of the Fiery Tigress that is Akane, you should not hide such beauty from the world. Who knew that such beauty could be hidden under the common garments you wear.” Going from his laying position to a standing one in a blink of an eye, his bokken having somehow appeared in his hand and was held aloft “I see it clearly now! Tis another spell of the Demon Saotome! He hath caused you to hide your bounty from the world so that he might keep it unto himself! Fear not my Buxom Spatula girl! For I shall slay the demon and free you from his vile spell so that you too may be with me!” He turned away from Ukyo and moved to the hole in the wall his entrance had caused, “Dost thou hear me foul demon! You have not lost me yet!” The sound of combat could be heard from outside fading into the distance punctuated by the occasional scream of pain. If he had been looking at Ukyo he would have seen her getting up, her body outlined with a shimmer that was a warning to anyone that they were about to get pounded. Anyone but a Kuno. Kuno began to take a step through the hole when he heard a low growl behind him, turning he froze and made the perfect target for the now enraged Okonomiyaki chef.
 
Both of her hands clenched the giant battle spatula as she screamed in fury and took one swipe at the frozen Kuno with a blow that contained all her womanly fury. Not only had the bastard touched her breasts but he had compared her to Akane and found her lacking?! Oh no, this was not acceptable. “YOU JACKASS!!!” And with that Kuno was once again airborne going back through the hole he had entered from, his bokken spun in the air where it had been a few times before falling to the floor with a clank. If Akane had seen the effect of this blow she might have been jealous, as it was obvious that Kuno was going to fly much farther than she had ever hit him.
 
Quickly getting dressed Ukyo leaped out the hole in her room to set off in search of whom ever was fighting. `Ranma-Honey if you were the one who punted Kuno-Baka into my room we're going to have a few words'
 
--------------------------------------------
 
The officers that had arrived at Furinkan High had a dilemma. You see, even in Nerima there is a level of violence that would not be tolerated and the young Hibiki boy had crossed that line with his use of a gun. Though it took the police several minutes to reach the school they still had plenty of witnesses to the event on hand to give statements. Unfortunately it became obvious that this would require delicate handling as it could not be written off quickly as a simple shooting. First, while they had the murder weapon and the bullet that had been fired, they had no body, no report of a victim to any of the emergency services or local doctors, nor did they have a shooter. While they knew the names of the three primary participants of the event, all three names were on the do-not-touch list of martial artists from the chief. Two were in the top five! They had information that a few of the students might have recorded what happened but when asked all of them either claimed to not have taken any pictures or their cameras, which were confiscated, had no film or flash cards in them. Things just got better as they had several dozen witnesses to the crime, all students and not a single adult, but none of them were willing to sign statements at this time. Give them yes, sign no. After all who wanted to on record of having seen someone shot and that same person turning into what amounted to what was described by the witnesses as Werewolf, but only cat like? No, this was not something that they could handle as mere patrol officers. At best all they could do at the moment was cordon off the area of the incident, put in a report based on their findings, turn in the evidence they had and pass it up the ladder.
 
--------------------------------------------
 
Ryoga ran into an alley and stopped to catch his breath and winced in pain from every breath “Damn you Ranma this is all your fault.” He muttered. What ever Ranma had become was playing with him and Ryoga knew it. It would chase him only to pounce on him again and again, driving him into the ground or a wall, often through them. The pain from several cracked ribs was making it hard to breath but he knew he could not rest yet. Thinking back he realized more and more that Ranma was letting him go only to catch him and inflict more damage on his body; he would break a rib, or cut into him with his huge 6-inch claws. Ryoga knew it was only luck that he had not yet broken an arm or a leg. No matter where he went or what trick he tried to use Ranma would eventually show up. It was like being a mouse in a maze with cats at the end of all the exits. He had tried to stop and stand up to Ranma a few times only to meet failure each time. His throwing bandanas did little damage if they managed to hit Ranma at all for despite his size Ranma still remained as difficult of a target to hit as he had always been, even more so. What damage he did manage to inflict on Ranma seemed to heal just as quickly as the one the gun had caused, maybe even faster. Once he actually managed to force the creature to punch the wall of a large building they were next to only to watch Ranma's fist come back out of a wall with a safe wrapped around it. Ranma had punched through the safes back and his hand had become stuck within. Thinking this might be his moment Ryoga had struck out with his umbrella only to have the creature shrug off the blow as Ranma simply grabbed the safe with his free hand and ripped it clean in half to free the trapped appendage sending coins and cash all over the place. No, standing up to Ranma was not an option. Trying to slow him down was, but even that had proven futile.
 
The few people who saw the chase did nothing to help, what could they do? Hell he wished he were an observer rather than a participant in this little game of cat and mouse. He let himself have a dry chuckle at that as he had a moment away from the beast. He hoped he had finally lost the thing after he collapsed the side of a building down on him without looking back. `How could things have gone so wrong?' he wondered `Everything had been going so well for me lately.' And it had. `First I finally find a cure for my family curse' Not that he remembered the fact that he was told that it was possibly only a temporary fix and that he should seek out a more powerful mage to finish the job. `but I had been given a plan that would allow me to get my final revenge on Ranma. One that would both destroy Saotome's happiness and ensure it stayed that way. Sure I deviated from that plan with one of my own but I wanted him dead not out of the way.' Bending over to catch his breath while holding his nearly crushed arm close to him he continued to ponder things `What the hell has Ranma become? Damn you Saotome why couldn't you just die! He should have died but instead he became that… thing.' Somehow he knew that Ranma had cheated again, done something to become the horror that now hunted him. “Damn you Ranma if I live through this I will make you pay.” Though he had no idea how he would make his threat become reality if not even a gun could kill Ranma.
 
Realizing how long he had been standing here Ryoga was beginning to think that he may have actually lost Ranma. He was Thankful for it as he was not sure how much more punishment his body could take. He had to come up with a plan to escape this. Taking a calming breath Ryoga looked around to see if he could recall where he was. `Yes! I know where I am, if I can keep him from catching me for about ten minutes I might be able to reach the Nekohanten. Maybe the Old Ghoul could help m…'
 
Even with the hair on the back of his neck partially soaked by blood from his wounds it still stood on end. Ryoga heard the soft thump of something landing behind him in the alley. Knew it was close because he could feel the rumble of the low growl that the beast made vibrate his chest. Ranma had found him. Slowly he turned to face Ranma, drawn to look by some primeval need to see the danger to come before it actually happened. “Damn you Ranma” he muttered `This is it… the chase is over. I'm out of time.' Were Ryoga's last thoughts before sliding into a battle stance as he turned to face his opponent as he turned only to find himself looking into the creatures face and seeing the teeth coming down. His screams went unanswered as he was mauled and beaten. Almost ten minutes later it dropped him to the ground barely alive but still breathing.
 
--------------------------------------------
 
`Damn Ryoga. Why couldn't he follow a simple plan!?' Gosunkugi groused `All he had to do was keep the kitten close to Saotome for another minute. That's all I would have needed to finish the spell.' He moved quietly from one tree to the next as he followed Nabiki.
 
`He had no reason to change up the plan. He knew the magic would work this time. I used one of the charms to cure the idiot of his directional curse so that he could help me get the charm near him.' Tip-toeing behind a wall with Nabiki on the other side he kept up his vigil on the middle Tendo. He knew he had to be careful or she would catch him. And having her catch him was something that he did not wish to have happen. He let a smirk grace his lips for a moment making him look even more ghoulish than normal `At least I get the satisfaction of knowing that the charm will wear off and make it harder for anyone else to cure Ryoga's curse.'
 
He paused to let Nabiki get a bit ahead of him so that he might move from one hidden location to another but still keep her in his sights. `It would have all been over and then Akane would have been free for me to pursue.' He cackled at the thought of Akane in his arms `Oh sure I would have had to get rid of Kuno but that moron would have been easy to deal with once he got the charm back.' Gosunkugi smirked to himself as he recalled how easy it had been to slip the paper part of the charm into Saotome's pocket when he had changed for gym. No one had even noticed him do it. No one ever noticed him unless they wanted something from him.
 
`Now because of Ryoga screwing up and shooting Ranma something had gone wrong with what the book had said was a simple spell.' Simple as long as one had a properly enchanted amulet. “And how lucky I was that the box I bought from that store had both the book and several types of amulets in it!” he crowed out loud almost giving himself away to the girl he was following. `I have to get that cat back before anyone realizes what the little charm on its collar really is. It's not like Nabiki would be able to recognize the charm on the kitten's collar as anything other than jewelry. It's not like she knows anything about mag…' At seeing the building Nabiki had just entered Gosunkugi turned so pale that it was hard to see him against the white paint of the wall behind him. Amazingly even his clothing seemed pale as well.
 
--------------------------------------------
 
`Funny' Nabiki thought to herself as she pushed open the door to the Nekohanten `I could have sworn I had seen someone standing by that wall over there' and then shook her head. She had had the feeling she was being followed since she had left the schoolyard but had not caught sigh of anyone doing so.
 
“Ni hao” called out the bubbly voice of the Nekohanten's resident waitress “Welcome to Nekohanten what Shampoo do for you?” before seeing who had walked in. Once she had turned her head and saw that it was Nabiki she continued but in a less welcoming voice if one knew what to listen for, “What Mercenary girl here for? Want regular table?”
 
Nabiki nodded and followed Shampoo towards her regular table. “Not here for lunch today Shampoo but I will take a small saucer of milk for this scamp here” Said Nabiki indicating that the milk was for the cute little kitten that was in her arms batting at one the buttons on her school uniform “I would appreciate it.”
 
Shampoo gave the middle Tendo a curious look before nodding retrieving her requested item. “Shampoo get anything else for Nabiki?”
 
Satisfied that the little bundle of trouble was occupied Nabiki got down to why she was really here “I am here to talk to Elder Cologne Shampoo.” Nabiki replied looking Shampoo in the eyes to make it clear that this was more of a demand then a request. To forestall any argument that might come from the Amazon Nabiki continued “It's about Ranma. And before you ask, no, I will not share it with anyone but the Elder.” She said with what seemed like finality, at least until she smirked before continuing “Unless of course you want to make it worth my while.”
 
Shampoo cursed to herself as she knew that look. It was a look that meant if you do not get me what I have asked for you will pay more then you are willing to. It was a look she had actually seen on her Great Grandmother's face a few times in the past when Shampoo did not perform as expected while training. How Nabiki managed to pull it off she had no idea but it unnerved her just the same. Last time she had called Nabiki's bluff she ended up having to work double shifts for her Great Grandmother to earn the money to pay Nabiki. But Shampoo knew that if this involved her Airen then she was best giving into Nabiki's not so polite request if she wanted to get the answer without it costing her. “Shampoo be back, go get Great Grandmother for you.” And with that the bubbly Amazon was gone into the back of the Nekohanten.
 
It did not take long for Cologne to make her appearance as she had actually been in the room and had witnessed the by-play between her Great Granddaughter and the young Tendo. `Nabiki Tendo seems to be tense and worried about something if my eyes are telling me correctly. Her aura is in chaos under that calm exterior. She barely has any of her normal sense of surroundings or she would have noticed me already.' Looking at the door through which her Great-Granddaughter had departed she silently shook her head at her young charges lack of awareness and mentally promising to increase Shampoos training in such matters.
 
“So what can this old woman do for you Miss Tendo?” Cologne said hopping up into the seat opposite the young Tendo.
 
Nabiki jumped a bit causing the kitten to leap down off the table and onto the floor where it skittered under another nearby booth. “E-Elder, Cologne thank you for seeing me.”
 
Cologne cackled a bit at being able to break the Ice Queen's façade if even for a moment before seeing it snap back into place “Think nothing of it child and do not worry about the kitten. The doors are closed and I will have Shampoo collect it for you when she returns.” Cologne made sure her eyes met Nabiki's and held them before she continued. “I believe you said you had come here with information on son-in-law yes?” Inwardly Cologne smiled as she saw a look of normalcy return to the Tendo's aura as she continued their conversation “Usual prices I assume?”
 
“Of course Elder, but first I would ask a question of you. Have you seen Ranma today? Say in the last hour?”
 
Cologne's eyes squinted at the question as she recalled the feeling she had earlier of great Chi being released. She had assumed it was Son-in-Law in another one of his typical battles with another martial artist. The level of power she had felt was incredible but too brief for her to be able to figure out where the source was. She had in fact been on her way down to the basement to see if she could use one of the various magical artifacts of the tribe to locate it when the young Tendo entered. “No I have not seen son-in-law today, why do you ask?”
 
“Something has happened at the school today. Ranma… Ranma may not be himself right now and I would appreciate it if you would inform me if you see him Elder.” Nabiki responded to the question `How do I tell her that Ranma was shot and did not die. That he turned into a giant cat-man if what I saw was true. Perhaps I should just go with something a bit more… believable for now.' Feeling the pawing of the kitten at her shoe laces she reached down to pick up the kitten with a small smile on her face “He went into the Neko-Ken because of this little guy here” Nabiki held up the kitten towards the Elder while holding it but the scruff of its neck like a mother cat would when carrying it. “From the collar on this little one I have to assume she has an owner that is probably looking for her.”
 
Cologne stiffened for a moment as she looked at the kitten and then smiled at the middle Tendo and chuckled “And I assume you intend to see if there might be a reward for its return? No need to answer child as I can see the answer in your eyes. But surely you did not come here just to tell me that son-in-law has gone into the Neko-Ken again. While worth mentioning it is hardly worth a special visit to this old woman.” She responded questioningly.
 
`I know I saw her stiffen for a moment when she looked at the kitten, I wonder what that was about.' Nabiki asked herself as she answered the Elder Amazon “It's not like I can keep him with Ranma living at our house now is it?” before placing the kitten in her lap absently petting and playing with the little thing. “But no you are correct Elder. I do not have time to go into details as the moment but I have to warn you that I have not see Ranma go into the Neko-Ken quite like this before.” `That's putting it lightly.' She thought “I believe it would be in your best interests to keep Shampoo and Mousse away from him right now. Especially Mousse.”
 
Nabiki than stood up keeping the kitten in her folded arms as she did, “I must take my leave of you now Elder but please keep those two away from Ranma for the moment as it is in everyone's best interests. I must get home and see if he has gone there. I trust that if you hear from Ranma you will contact me?”
 
Cologne pogo'd on her cane as she escorted the young lady to the door “I will Nabiki, and I will consider your request as well.” She had noted the way Nabiki had stressed that this was not just a normal case of the Neko-Ken. In fact of the Elder would not have caught on the fact that Nabiki was very serious when she mentioned this. Her aura showing a great deal of fear and something else… “And if you need someplace to keep the kitten while you search for its owner I will gladly allow it to stay here till they are found.”
 
“Thank you Elder for your offer and I will consider it” Nabiki said as she departed the Nekohanten just as Shampoo returned to the main dining area to see the door close behind the middle Tendo.
 
Cologne wasted no time in pogoing towards the back as she spoke to Shampoo “Granddaughter something has happened to put son-in-law in the Neko-Ken again but from the urgency of Miss Tendos request I fear something might be off about it.” Before Shampoo had the chance to say she would go find her airen she was bopped on the head by the cane Cologne was still standing on. She swore she would one day find out how her great grandmother did that “There is no time for you to go hunt him down to show him your affections. I must go to the basement and look into our supplies and you have your duties here to perform. When that fool Mousse returns from his delivery you are to tell him to remain here and help you run the restaurant until I am done.” Cologne paused at the door to the back room and looked her Great Grand-daughter in the eyes and spoke in the native Chinese of their tribe “Is that clear warrior?”
 
Shampoo stiffened at being addressed as warrior of the tribe. She knew that her great grandmother was making this an order from an Elder rather then the normal familial way she addressed her. “Yes Elder, I will do as you command” she responded in Chinese.
 
Nodding at Shampoo Cologne headed into the basement not to check on supplies but to look through some of the various tomes she had hidden there to seek the answer to this mystery. `I know I have seen the good-luck piece on that kitten's collar before but where? At least I sensed no active magic from it so the Tendo child should be safe enough with it till I figure out what it is.' She hoped she would find the answer in the vault.
 
--------------------------------------------
 
Having finished with Ryoga a short time ago and his witnessing Ukyo take the Lost-Boy away, we find the new Ranma bounding over rooftops of Nerima as he ran. He passed parks and schools, houses and businesses, easily leaping two or three buildings at once without as much as a single break in stride. His movements were so fluid, silent and quick that he hardly disturbed a flock of birds as he landed amongst them and leapt off again. From the grin on Ranma's face it was obvious he was enjoying this run. He was the Alpha here in Nerima and his mostly neko-induced state of mind reveled in the freedom to take this uninterrupted jaunt through his territory. That was when something moving just as quickly as he collided with him. Stopping and turning Ranma saw a tall spotted woman in a skintight leotard that showed off her voluptuous body on her rear not far from him, staring at him in shock. Growling he watched her carefully, his body tensing in anticipation of a fight with this interloper into his territory. Their noses twitched as they caught each other's scent. Slowly Britanny approached Ranma and they began to circle one another, each maintaining a cautious distance as they assessed one another.
 
For Ranma the pungent scent of a female in heat coupled with the sharp, minty tang of the catnip that still clung to her began to awaken a surge of primal desire at the back of his mind. If he had been more in control he knew he would have stamped down the rising tide of lust with a viciousness usually reserved only for dealing with one of Akane's meals when it tried to escape the Tendo compound to wreak havoc on the rest of Nerima. But, things being as they were, there was nothing he could do but obey the frenzied rush of his instincts. This female, ripe and ready, would be his mate.
 
For the female werecheetah the male in front of her was raw sensuality given flesh. His shiny black coat shimmered like liquid obsidian as he moved making the blazing crimson stripes writhe and dance like candle flames in the light of the evening sun. The male was larger than she by at least a foot if not more. He had just the right combination of muscular definition and lithe build that would make her drool under even normal circumstances. His heady scent was telling her that this male was prime mating material. It was little wonder that her supple form quaked with barely suppressed lust.
 
Their circling grew tighter as they drank each other in. Soon they were no longer circling but rubbing and nuzzling roughly each trying to paint the other with their scent. It was more than Britanny could bear. She quickly, almost desperately, tore the clothing from her supple body.
 
Slowly she raised her shapely posterior and presented him with her body in all its feminine glory. All the while she yowled her desire like an alley cat. Ranma circled her a bit more gently licking and teasing her before working his way behind her. Britanny didn't struggle as her new mate mounted her.
 
--------------------------------------------
 
At first the trail appeared to be like that of a typical Nerima battle, containing the expected collateral damage of said fights. A collapsed wall here, a downed lamp post there, and parts of the street were torn up. Just your average day in Nerima. Then she began to notice the large claw like marks that marred the ground here and there, deep claw marks in walls, and people gapping and pointing in the direction the fighters had gone. This in itself was off as the people of Nerima usually did not even blink an eye at these fights.
 
Then she saw the blood. It was clear that who ever was fighting was not pulling any punches. The thought that it might be Ranma's blood spurred her to move more quickly but whomever was fighting was doing so at a very fast pace, as if one were chasing the other and all the destruction was caused from this flight. She began to notice sections of the trail had obvious signs of being subjected to Ryoga's Bakusai Tenketsu `From the looks of those craters Ryoga is definitely involved.' She thought to herself `Ranma-honey sometimes runs from Ryoga to think of a better strategy but he usually tries to keep collateral damage down. Whoever these fighters are they do not seem to care what gets destroyed.'
 
This did not look like the kind of damage Ran-Chan would inflict on an enemy to Ukyo so she wondered who could be doing this `But Kuno clearly said that Ran-Chan was out here and I have not found any sign of him yet and that worries me.' She continued to follow the path of destruction as swiftly as she could in hopes of reaching the combatants and see what help she might be able to offer. She could tell the chase was nearing its completion as the damage had become more desperate and drastic. Whoever was being chased was pulling out all the stops to prevent from being caught, which she was beginning to guess was Ryoga. Though she had found no sign of Ranma she could not give up now as Ryoga may need her help and she did consider him a friend. She was spurred on as she could finally hear the sounds ahead, and they brought a chill to her spine, as they were the screams of someone being beaten to within an inch of their lives.
 
She began to get even more worried when the screams stopped. From somewhere she found the strength to make herself move even faster. Coming around the corner into an alley Ukyo came to an abrupt stop and had to fight back the urge to vomit at what she found. The walls of the alleyway were tainted red by the splatter of blood and laying there against the alley wall was Ryoga's blood covered body. What held her attention for far longer though was what lay a few feet in front his sprawled form. It was his left arm from the elbow down. Help upright by his index-finger which was buried in the ground as if to get off a Bakusai Tenketsu.
 
`My god what the hell could have done this to Ryoga?!' she thought. Ryoga was the toughest person she knew next to Ranma and she had seen him get hit by a falling paino once and it did nothing more than knock him over. `I have to get him to help!' Ukyo was already putting thought to motion as she quickly she pulled the ribbon from her hair and tied it around the stump of Ryoga's arm. She then picked him up and headed towards the best place she knew to get him help, Dr. Tofu's clinic.
 
Leaping away Ukyo missed the luminescent midnight blue eyes that tracked her departure from the darkness at the end of the alley.
 
--------------------------------------------
 
The trail led it to the alleyway where Ryoga made his last stand. Life energy hung in the air like a dense fog practically causing it to salivate in anticipation but also messing up its ability to sense in what direction the “juicy ki” had headed.
 
`So close' it grumbled to itself.
 
Grousing to itself as it lazily floated in a circle around the arm with the finger jammed into the ground it pondered its next course of action for sometime until it felt it. A spike... and then another... and another! `YES' it screamed to itself before jetting off towards the energy in hopes of finally catching up to it.
 
If it had been looking back it would have noticed another figure step into the alleyway from a maroon colored portal that had formed on one of the walls.
 
The figure looked around at the mess for a few minutes before shaking its head. “No this will not do.”
 
From the street one could see the alleyway suddenly flare with a bright purple light that slowly faded away.
 
--------------------------------------------
 
After having stopped at the Ucchan to talk to Ukyo and finding no one there. Nabiki headed home so that she could be centrally located incase any of her minions had further information for her. So far she had received several texts detailing the amount of destruction that had been done by the two martial artists. It became obvious that this information was based upon people seeing and identifying Ryoga rather then the creature they described following him.
 
Steeling herself for the expected outburst from the moronic duo she entered with a call of “Tadaima
 
She was not to be disappointed as the two of what passed for grown men did not even let her make it out of the entry hall as confronted her.
 
“Where is that honorless son of mine!? Why didn't he come home with his fiancée?!” The bald fat man that was Genma Saotome bellowed as he charged down the entryway.
 
Close behind him was the second of the wailing duo, one Soun Tendo, patriarch of the Tendo clan. “What did he do to my daughter?!” Demanded a Demon-headed Soun.
 
“Oh the shame of having a son who makes his fiancée cry. What have I done to deserve such an uncaring child?” Genma wailed
 
Nabiki glared at the two men not taking a single step back and in fact moving forward unblinking as she stared the two fools down.
 
Genma was the first to notice Nabiki's expression and backed down in fear of his wallet as he had little money left for the sake he wanted to get tonight. He did so by plastering himself to the wall giving Nabiki a clear path towards the central room of the Tendo household.
 
Soun blinked seeing the look in his middle daughter's eyes, his demon head popping out of existence as he too made way for his daughter to pass them and go into the house.
 
“Oh, welcome home Nabiki. How was your day?” asked Kasumi as Nabiki entered the room. She already had a tea set out and was pouring a cup in the spot that Nabiki usually sat in.
 
Giving her sister a small thankful smile Nabiki responded to her question “Oh same old same old Kasumi.” Picking up the tray the tea and crackers were upon she continued “Do you mind if I take these upstairs. I have a lot to do and it would be best if I handled it as soon as possible.”
 
By now Genma and Soun had entered the room and were alternating between staring at each other and Nabiki.
 
“Of course not Nabiki. Should I call you down when diner is done?”
 
“Please” Nabiki responded as she began to make her way out of the room towards her room. She stopped at the sound of her father addressing her.
 
“Um… Nabiki… where's Ranma?”
 
Turning only her head to look at the two men she paused for a second, as if considering if she should even bother to answer them.
 
“Ranma went into the Neko-Ken at school and chased Ryoga off campus. You will have to wait till diner if you want to know more.” and moved off to her room.
 
Dropping the kitten on her bed she quickly made her way over to her computers so that she could get to work. After answering several text messages from her factors she finished transferring the videos to both her laptop and desktop and began to review the films two at a time. `I will have to be sure to give those three a bonus this week.' were her thoughts.
 
`I'm impressed with the amount of coverage they managed to get. Raieko had even managed to get Kuno's part on her camera.' Nabiki admitted if only to herself.
 
`If I had not been there I wouldn't believe this happened if someone tried to tell me. This is odd even for you Saotome.' She thought as she stared at a still image of what Ranma now looked like while the transformation itself repeated itself over and over on the laptop. `Have to admit that you even look good in this form Saotome. I can probably make a mint on pictures of this let alone what some might pay for the video.'
 
Nabiki chuckled to herself as she pulled up several images of the new Ranma `If only you had a brain to go with all that brawn Saotome we might have had something.' Than hmmmed to herself `I wonder what your female side will look like now.' Her eyes practically glittered as she imagined the yen she could rake in for images of a Neko Ranma-Chan.
 
Releasing the loop on the laptop she let the rest of the video play out on the lap-top while she continued to pull images of the Neko-Ranma out of the video to see which ones would sell best and lamenting at the fact that what remained of his clothing blocked out all the good bits. If they had managed to catch a shot of him without that damn loincloth it would have made the resulting pictures sell for even more. When the video finished playing she started it over again and paused it as Ranma was seen coming out the door and into the schoolyard. The emphasis of this camera was on Akane and the cat. A look of glee could be seen on her sister's face as she chased the fleeing Saotome out of the school to his waiting demise.
 
`Why were you chasing Ranma with a cat in the first place Akane?' She asked herself. After watching all three of the videos several times it was obvious to her that nothing she had here could give her the answer to that question. But the answer was only a room away.
 
--------------------------------------------
 
`Why, why did I do it?' Akane asked herself as she lay on her bed staring the ceiling of her bedroom. `What was I thinking?' It was clear from the redness of her eyes and the stains on her face that she had been crying. She could not recall exactly how she had gotten home except that Yuka and Sayuri had escorted her here. She remembered running through the gates and the house tears streaming from her face ignoring the calls of both her friends and her family as she locked herself in her room. Even Kasumi's requests to know what had happened were unanswered as Akane lay with her head buried in the pillow, tears unending. All had been silent in the house for a time, till Nabiki came home. She heard her father and Genma demanding to know where Ranma was and this brought a new bout of tears to her as she lay there. “I wish P-Chan were here”
 
As she lay there her mind replayed a montage of scenes from the past:
All the times she would yell at Ranma to quit picking on Ryoga when it was usually Ryoga who started the fights with a cry of “Die Ranma”
Ryoga threatening to reveal Ranma to Shampoo when she first arrived.
Ryoga pushing Ranma into Shampoo for him to receive the kiss of death after his defeating her only to receive the kiss of marriage.
All the times that Shampoo would glomp Ranma and she had assumed he was enjoying it, not once thinking that he trying to escape her grasp.
All the times she told him she hated him.
The way he smiled at her at the failed wedding.
All the times she told him the engagement was over but he stayed by her side just the same.
The look on Ranma's face when she kissed Ryoga..
The more she thought about it the angrier she became with both herself and Ryoga.
 
`And what did I do instead of pulling Shampoo off of Ranma; I would bash him with my mallet or anything else that was handy.' She wailed silently to herself over this memory. `Sure he insulted me but it's not like I did not do my fair share of it as well. I could have expressed my anger over it some other way than bashing him about the head with a blunt instrument.'
 
Scenes from the failed wedding flitted through her mind as she looked at them in a different light. Before she had thought that Ryoga was trying to save the casket of Nannichuan for Ranma she now saw that perhaps he was fighting for it to prevent Ranma from being able to get it. `How could I have misjudged not only Ranma but Ryoga so badly?' she cursed herself for this. `How could I have thought that kissing Ryoga would make Ranma mad with jealousy? How could I have believed him that chasing Ranma around with a kitten until he went into the Neko-Ken was ever a good idea? What was I thinking?!' She sighed and muttered “Baka-Akane.” `I wasn't thinking… all I wanted was to embarrass Ranma and make him feel the pain I felt. To feel the jealousy I felt every time I saw one of those hussies with him.' Akane sobbed as she whispered “All I thought about was me and my pride.”
 
“More like you were acting out anger instead of thinking things through little sis.” Nabiki commented and then muttered “As always.” under her breath.
 
Akane sat up and looked for the source of the voice to find Nabiki standing inside her room with the door closed behind her.
 
Akane's eyes narrowed as she gazed at her sister standing against the closed door to her room. “How did you get in Nabiki, it was locked for a reason you know.” She said with a bit of her usual anger showing through, “I know I locked it.”
 
“Since when has that stopped me Akane?” her sister replied with a smirk on her face and a teasing voice. Both faded from sight as she spoke again. “We need to talk.”
 
Akane turned back and buried her head in her pillow while lying on the bed on her stomach. “There's nothing to talk about.” Came her muffled response.
 
“I need to know why you did this Akane.” Nabiki stated in an even voice as she moved into the room to sit on the chair at the desk backwards. Not getting a response from her sister she drove on “Let me try to guess then. You were angry with Ranma for that incident in the bath this morning.” Akane stiffened at her sisters words making Nabiki believe she was on the right track before she continued. “An incident which I know was clearly not his fault as Shampoo had snuck into the house and into the furo after Ranma was in there. I know this because he passed me on my way out and she was not in there when I left.” `I also took the time to flirt a bit with the poor clueless jock, not that I am going to tell you that.' “While I can understand why you would bash him for finding him in the furo with Shampoo, what I don't understand is why you chased him around the school with a cat. Usually you just pound the baka and go about pouting about it all day.”
 
Silence reigned in the room for a few minutes before Nabiki spoke again.
 
“Ok, if you are not going to answer me then you are going to listen. I have no idea what you were thinking while you were chasing him through the school with a kitten, nor do I have any idea what is going through your head right now but I will tell you this Akane.” Nabiki leaned on the back of the chair with her hands cupping her face that held a frown “You screwed up big time.” Nabiki plowed on as Akane turned her head to look at her sister through tear stained eyes “Whatever you're reasoning you led Ranma right into Ryoga who shot Ranma. He shot him Akane and it looked like you lead him right to it.”
 
Akane looked aghast at her sister and stuttered “You don't think I…”
 
“It does not matter what I think Akane” Nabiki heatedly cut Akane off “It is what people saw and will likely be thinking unless someone sets them right. Something I cannot… I will not do until I know why you did it Akane.” The cork out of the bottle Nabiki plowed on letting her anger, frustration, and worries out at her little sister even though she promised herself she would not come in here and to exactly that. “You deliberately chased the man who is your unwanted fiancé into the arms of a man with a gun by using the very thing that he feared the most. You, the “best martial artist in Nerima” then kissed the very man who shot him!”
 
Akane had begun to get angry at her sisters words “I did no…”
 
But her tirade did not get a chance to get rolling as Nabiki proved she too possessed the Tendo temper. Though Nabiki's face looked as passive as always her eyes spoke of an anger that was not about to let go till it was finished “QUIET AKANE, you had your chance to talk and you refused to do so. So you ARE going to listen to what I have to say without interrupting me again do I make myself clear!” her hands gripped the back of the chair she was leaning on tightly “It does not matter what I think, people believe their eyes over what anyone else tells them. What everyone saw today was you betray your fiancé to his worst rival who tried to kill him. Hell he should have succeeded if Ranma had not become… whatever he did.” Nabiki had her suspicions about what Ranma had become but she liked to work on facts not conjecture. “If I am to have any hope of correcting what people believe, and no I do not believe you knew what Ryoga was going to do, I need to know everything Akane.”
 
Silence reigned again for a few moments. Nabiki sat facing Akane, staring at her as if daring her to try to refute her words. Akane's head was now downcast and she was staring at her hands as she saw on the edge of her bed facing her sister.
 
`Damn I did not mean to lose my temper but she has to be made to understand that this could ruin her. I know she was duped into this. That much is obvious from the camera footage of her reaction to both the shot and the kiss but I want to know how this whole thing started.' Nabiki thought as she waited for her sister to break the silence this time.
 
Not raising her head from staring at her hands Akane spoke “I… I did not know :sniff: that Ryoga was going to shoot him…”
 
“I know Akane.” Nabiki said soothingly “But why were you chasing him with the kitten in the first place. You know how afraid of them he is.”
 
“It was Ryoga's idea.” :sniff: “I was so mad from this morning and from him constantly following me around today that it seemed like a good idea. I had run into Ryoga at school and vented to him about what happened earlier this morning. :sniff: He seemed to kind and understanding. He said he had an idea that would help me get even with Ranma and I was so mad that it sounded like a good one to me at the time.”
 
“What was his idea?”
 
“T-to make Ranma jealous and than chase him around the school to embarrass him.” Her hands now clenched tightly in her lap. “He convinced me that :sniff: that :sniff: I should leave a note for Ranma to meet me in the gym after school. That's where Ryoga and I…” Akane's body was shaking as she spoke, from anger or sadness Nabiki was not sure “We… we kissed. That bastard and I kissed! He told me it would make Ranma jealous and that it was the least I could do for him rolling around in the furo with Shampoo.” Akane's head wiped up and she looked her sister in the eyes, tears streaming down her face “Oh Kami the look on Ranma's face when he saw us Nabiki… It was like I had stabbed him… I should... I should have stopped then but Ryoga reminded me why we were doing this and my anger got the best of me. I just wanted him to make him feel the jealousy I did.”
 
“Yes I can admit it now…” Akane smiled a very sad smile for a moment before her face turned back to one of shame. “I lo...like Ranma and wanted him to see me and not them.” She continued with her story “I was to chase him through the halls with the kitten being sure that everyone saw how afraid the fearless Ranma was. To show everyone that he was not the best as he thought he was.”
 
“Ryoga was only supposed to :sniff: to be outside waiting to be sure that Ranma did not get out of hand.” :sniff: “I just figured he would climb into my lap as always once I got rid of the kitten.”

“Then the gun shot… I was frozen Nabiki. I... I saw the look … oh Kami… the look on Ranma's face when he saw Ryoga kiss me a second time!” She chocked back a sob that threatened to shake her whole body. Without thinking about it Nabiki found herself sitting next to her sister holding her in her arms and rocking her gently.
 
They stayed that way for sometime before Akane spoke again “Is… is Ranma alright? Is he... :sniff: home?”
 
“No Akane he is not home. Last I saw of him he was chasing Ryoga off school grounds. No one has seen him since.”
 
“Did he really… did he really change Nabiki? Was that really him?” Akane asked with trepidation in her voice, not really sure if she wanted to know the answer.
 
“Saotome's life is just full of surprises isn't it sis. Yeah you did see what you think you did.” Akane's eyes widen at that “Have to say that Saotome makes a hot cat-man.”
 
Akane began coughing after almost choking on a sob that had been trying to escape her at that moment. This caused Nabiki to fall off the bed to the floor with a thump.
 
“I will say this about Saotome, he may have been an insensitive jerk most of the time but even I could see how he felt about you Akane.” Nabiki got up and headed towards the door “The lug loved you Akane. He would have married you that day and been happy. I know I had a hand in ruining the wedding but it's because I believed, and still do, that the two of you need to grow up more before you are ready for that.” She stopped with her hand on the door handle `I will do what I can Akane but you are still going to have to deal with the repercussions of your actions today. I cannot save you from that.' “I will make sure Kasumi calls you down for diner in a few hours. And you will be coming down to face what may come. But you will not face it alone.” With that Nabiki was gone from the room leaving Akane sitting on the floor as a new bout of tears began to run down her face.
 
Nabiki smirked sadly to herself as she pulled out the digital voice recorder from her shirt pocket and shut it off. `That's all I wanted to know sis. Now how can I use this to limit what you will have to face.'
 
--------------------------------------------
 
Ok here is the first chapter of this story. I hope my readers have found it to be as entertaining as it was to me to write.
 
I encourage you to post a review of this story. Flames will be for the most part ignored but helpful suggestions/comments/criticisms are always welcomed.
 
--------------------------------------------
And don't forget the Omakes
It would be like having a bento box without the Unagi!
--------------------------------------------
 
Omake - By Nysk
 
After having stopped at the Ucchan to talk to Ukyo and finding no one there. Nabiki headed home so that she could be centrally located incase any of her minions had further information for her. So far she had received several texts detailing the amount of destruction that had been done by the two martial artists. It became obvious that this information was based upon people seeing and identifying Ryoga rather then the creature they described following him.
 
Steeling herself for the expected outburst from the moronic duo she entered with a call of “Tadaima
 
She was not to be disappointed as the two of what passed for grown men did not even let her make it out of the entry hall as confronted her.
 
“Where is that honorless son of mine?!” The bald fat man that was Genma Saotome bellowed as he charged down the entryway.
 
Close behind him was the second of the wailing duo, one Soun Tendo, patriarch of the Tendo clan. “What did he do to my daughter!?” Demanded a Demon-headed Soun.
 
“Oh the shame of having a son who makes his fiancée cry. What have I done to deserve such an uncaring child?” Genma wailed
 
The smile the two men received caused them both to stop in the tracks and gaze questioningly at Nabiki, an odd thing to see such a gaze on Soun's demon-head to say the least.
 
Neither of the men noticed as she reached into her school bag and pulled out a kerchief-covered object and pointed it at them.
 
:BANG: Down went Genma with a small hole in his head where the bullet had entered.
 
:BANG: :POP: Down went Soun with a hole through his demon-head before it popped out of existence.
 
Both men lay on the floor staring with their eyes crossed as if trying to look at the hole in the forehead.
 
Nabiki casually let the gun drop on the corpse of Genma without letting go of the kerchief that once contained it as she whistled the tune “Bodies”. She then stepped over the two bodies and continued past her sister to go right up the stairs to her room without a glance back.
 
The faint voice of Kasumi could be heard as Nabiki entered her room.
 
“Oh my…”
 
--------------------------------------------
 
Omake - by Rainbow Troll
 
--------------------------------------------
 
The trail led it to the alleyway where Ryoga made his last stand. Life energy hung in the air like a dense fog practically causing it to salivate in anticipation but also messing up its ability to sense in what direction the “juicy ki” had headed.
`So close.' it grumbled to itself.
 
`Damn too late for the main course.' it groused to itself as it lazily floated in a circle around the arm with the finger jammed into the ground. `Oh well' it thought grudgingly `a hand in the ground is worth two in the bush' it sucked up the lingering ki greedily :OM NOM NOM NOM: `Hrmmmm…..tastes like pork'.
 
--------------------------------------------
 
Additional Thanks To:
Dumbledork for pointing out a few errors I had made in the story and for being supportive in his criticisms.
To Ahye for making helping me round out the story by adding some much needed scenes.