Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Truth Sphere ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
I don't own any of the Ranma 1/2 characters. This fanfiction is just something that popped into my head one day. So. . .
PLEASE DON'T SUE!!!! This alternate fanfic begins a week after the failed wedding.
If you want to put this story on your site, go ahead. Just please tell me so at : kinotama@hotmail.com


Truth Sphere

By: Kinotama


Cologne was digging through her trunk of mystic lore and magic items. Talking furiously to herself, she never noticed the evil in the room with her until the evil cleared its throat. "Ahem!" "Gahhh!" Books and items went flying everywhere. All of them except one glass ball no bigger than the hand that caught it. Cologne clutching a hand over her chest, regained her normal breathing habits, scolded the evil sharply. "Happosai! I'm not as young as we were when we first used the truth sphere!" Happosai fingered the glass ball in his hand. "Why were you going to use the truth sphere, Cologne? Not to trap our heir is it?" Cologne slapped his hand affectionately away (the hand not holding the glass ball), before replying.

"Happi, I already gathered the young ones except our heir to the Tendo dojo to resolve the issues surrounding him/her. He/she went to go think under the bridge again." Happosai raised an eyebrow and held the ball out so Cologne could take it. "I understand that, Col-chan. But why would you need the truth sphere." Cologne took the glass ball. "This will help us and them to learn the truth on what they really think. For you know as well as I do, that the truth sphere prevents anyone from saying a lie." Happosai held out his hand and bowed to Cologne. "May I have the pleasure of escorting my wife to help our great-grandchild out?" Cologne giggled (scary) and took his hand. "I would be honored to have your escort to help Ranma out." The two old martial artists roof-hopped to the Tendo Dojo hand in hand.

Nodoka was waiting patiently in the Tendo Dojo along with the Tendos & all the Nermia Wrecking Crew except Ranma. When Cologne came in followed by Happosai, Nodoka rushed to her grandmother and grandfather. "Grandmother! Grandfather! Now we can finally take care of things. I'm so tired of pretending to be so focused on honor and manliness, and I've already divorced Genma." Cologne hugged Nodoka and Happosai patted her head. "Yes, my grandchild. We can finally be truthful about our real selves again."

To say everyone was shocked was an understatement, yet no one fainted. Nabiki finally stuttered, "Truthful? Real selves? Grandmother? Grandfather? Divorce?" Nodoka, Cologne, and Happosai started explaining how Genma got Nodoka drunk & pregnant forcing Nodoka to then get married to him, so that her baby would have a father. The trio explained that Genma didn't know that Nodoka was an Amazon, or that Happosai was Nodoka's grandfather. Mousse asked, "Wait! If Nodoka is like Shampoo's aunt, that means she can't marry Ranma for he's her cousin." At their nods he continued. "Then why did you push him to marry Shampoo?" Cologne sighed. "Mousse. The fact is that Happi, Nodoka, and I wanted Ranko to be stronger to beat Saffron & Herb so the three tribes could live in peace with one another."

Kasumi-"What do you mean Ranko?" Cologne and Nodoka glared at Genma while Happosai explained. "It was all Genma's fault. He went so far to change his child permanently when she was born to a him with 'Spring of Drowned Boy'. So 'Ranma' never existed." Nabiki looked lost for a second, then she recovered. "How do we know you're telling the truth?" Nodoka looked up to their unbelieving faces. "Why did you think that 'Ranma's' 'girl' form looked so much like me? Why did you think that 'Ranma's' male form looked nothing like either one of us?" Silence filled the room. Nodoka continued. "If you still don't believe me, I have the birth records to prove it." She passed out the records that show she gave birth to a girl, who was named Ranko. The silence visited the dojo once again.

Unsurprisingly, the first to break the silence was Soun. "Wahhh! Our schools will never be united!" Happosai hit Soun with his pipe. "You idiot! There only was one school, mine! I never gave either you or Genma the rights to teach it." Genma-"But master, the schools must be joined!" "No they won't, you miserable panda." Genma splashed cold water on himself and started playing with a ball and holding a sign that said <I'm just a cute, innocent panda!> Cologne whacked the panda on the head. "Remember that! For you have no right to have anything to do with this matter anymore."
"Aiya! If Ranma is really girl-type, then must kill." Cologne hit Shampoo on the head with her cane. "Shampoo, you are unobservant. Mousse, tell her why the outsider rules won't apply." "Because Ranma is already an Amazon." "Correct."

Silence came, but passed quickly thanks to Kasumi's question. "Does Ranma know that he is really a she?" Happosai and Cologne looked to Nodoka, who answered. "Yes, Ranma knows. I told him/her the whole truth this morning. I also gave Ranma a choice, which he/she is thinking about right now." Akane-"You're letting that baka decide something? He'll screw it up for sure." Nodoka glared at Akane. "That baka you're referring to is my child. By the way, it was me who asked Nabiki to 'invite everyone that Ranma knows', because I couldn't stand the thought of my child being forced to marry. Much less to a spoiled brat who thinks she is such a better martial artist than everybody for she beats up on the person who won't dare hit back in case the person misjudged the hit & cripples or kills that spoiled brat. The selfsame brat who blames everything on my child just because she doesn't want to practice to learn new skills, or place the blame on the one who is really at fault, which is Genma." Akane stares at Nodoka, then declares, "Fine. Who cares what that baka does anyway?" Kasumi & Nabiki exchanged a glance, and shook their heads for Akane just proved what Nodoka was saying.

Ukyo gestured for Nodoka to continue after asking, "What choice?" Nodoka cleared her throat to continue. "I letting Ranma choose if he wants to be Ranko locked in her female form, renouncing her father and the Saotome name, & be a part of the Amazons, or" Ryouga-"Or what?" "Or continue being Ranma with a curse to be female with cold water, staying with his father and continuing to be a Saotome, but not seeing his mother again." Silence once again filled the room.

Happosai nudged Cologne in her side. Once she looked at him, he whispered, "Truth Sphere." She nodded and cleared her throat to which everyone including the panda gave their attention to her. Cologne began, "I have an Amazon artifact with me today to help settle the children's feelings about Ranma/Ranko, it's called the Truth Sphere." Gasps came from the Amazons. "Grandmother, is it really necessary for them to use it?" "Aiya! I heard tell of it. It is very powerful." "I didn't think the rumors were true that it was still around." Cries of "What is it?" came from all around the room. Happosai had to take out a Happo-Fire Burst bomb to get them to quiet down. Cologne smiled at her Happi, and said, "The Truth Sphere prevents anyone who is holding it to tell a lie." Nabiki snorted in disbelief. When Cologne handed her the sphere, Nabiki told everyone that she was jealous of Akane for the guys all wanted her, while she was just the 'Ice Queen' or the 'Ice Bitch' to them. Nabiki snapped her mouth, quickly handed the sphere to Cologne, then said. "I tried to say that I was in total control of my emotions and actions."