Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Truth ❯ Truth ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Truth

"Okay Nabiki, we're all here, now what?"

"Yeah sis, what going on?"

"What smart girl want now?"

"Will someone tell me where the pig tailed girl is?"

"Oh my."

"Oh no, what has my daughter done now?" *sob*

"Yes young one, why have you gathered us here?"

"I wish I remembered how I got here. . "

"growf!"

"Will someone tell me what's going on?!?" Nabiki raised her eyes in amusement as she looked at the confused group sitting before her.

"Actually it wasn't me who wanted you all gathered here. . "

"Then who was it?" Ranma grumbled, crossing his arms in front of him.

"You."

"What? No, I didn't." He shook his head in confusion. "I don't know what you're talking about Nabiki.

"You came to me last night in a," she smirked, "very interesting state. . and gave me a tape and told me to play it for everyone."

"What's on the tape Ranma?" Ukyo tapped him on the shoulder. I bet he's gonna confess his love to me on it. .

"I don't know!" I knew I shouldn't have went out with pop last night. . what the hell did I do?

"Well, if you don't remember, why don't we just play the tape?" Nabiki pressed play on the VCR, flipped off the light switch and settled down in the empty space on the couch next to Kuno. The TV flickered back and forth for a few seconds then suddenly a giggling male Ranma appeared on the screen.

"Hey evwrybody! Guess what?" *hic "I LOVE SAKE!!!!!!" *hic "Great studd. . stubd. . heh. . stuff," he patted the bottle on the ground next to him fondly. "Annnnnnnnyways. . I got somethin' ta talk ta ya all 'bout," pulls a piece a paper out of his pocket and shoves it over the lens cap. A smiling Akane is viewed on the screen. "She, see dis?" *giggle "Dat's my girrrrrrllllllllll!" *gasp "I wasn't 'possed ta tell ya that was I?" "Nah, don't worrrrrrry buddddyyy.. " hic "They's were bound ta find out sooonner or later." The picture is pulled back and hid behind his back. "OK! Now I gotta do it, I'll tell her right now!" He drops the picture. "I'll say, 'kane, I l-" brings out an empty hand, "hey 'kane? Where'd ya go?" Dissapears off camera and rumaging is heard in the background. "Akane? Hey 'kane?? Where are ya?" He suddenly jumps in front of the screen, in a classis 'don't worry I'll save you' pose. "Never," *hic "fear, Ranma is here!!!" *giggle He spots the picture lying on the floor and rushes over to pick it up. After about five tries, he picks it up and puts it in his pocket. "There ya go, safe in ma pocket, like albays. . " he turns about slowly and spots the camera. *gasp-giggle "Hewwo there widdle camera? What are You doing here?" He comes forward to knock gently on the lens. "Akane you in der?" Smiles widely. "Good! 'Cause I got a secret for ya. . I love you Akane," he whispers softly and somhow distinctly, "but don't tell no one kay?" Ranma slips and falls to the floor. Mumbling, "Hope she heard me. . maybe I should give this to Nabiki. . . she'd know what to do. . maybe I should get more s-sake. ." There's a few more minutes of a blank wall, then the tape cuts off abruptly.

Nabiki flipped on the light switch and smiled at the site she saw. Everyone sat shell-shocked, everyone except Ranma and Akane. She walked over to the window to spy them walking towards the dojo hand in hand.

Authors Notes: Um, yeah, pretty pointless right? Well, it was just something I thought of briefly, so I decided to write it down rather than working on my continuation story. C&C welcome as always. . -Kachie