Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ What the Koi saw ❯ Chapter 4

[ A - All Readers ]
What the Koi saw 4
Today, Provider brought the good food, but did not bring the happy noises. We are all beginning to worry about Provider.
-Time Passes-
Tonight, after Provider brought the good food, Red-Black-One and Loud-One were on the side of the High-Place making noises. Then Quiet-One came out and made noises, too. Then Loud-One hit the High-Place with it's fin. There was a very loud noise, then they all fell. Loud-One landed in a Tasty-Green, then fell again. A few minutes later, Loud-One let out a really loud noise.
-Time Passes-
Loud-One and Red-Black-One have been spending no time together. Our Elders say it's because Loud-One hates Red-Black-One now. I have seen Red-Black-One and Quiet-One sitting quietly together at the edge of our water. Red-Black-One looked scared, but Quiet-One looked happy. Loud-One was on the High-Place looking down and crying. Oh, and Provider is making the happy noises when she brings the good food now.
-Time Passes-
Provider brought us the good food this morning, but didn't make the happy noises or the sad noises. Provider looked almost like one of us after Big-Furry or Red-Black-One fell on one of us. Provider is looking at us and trailing it's fins in the water. I go to nibble on them and Provider's face changes. Elder comes over and looks up at Provider, then at me. He then swims away, shaking his head. I look back out of the water and see Big-Eyes-White-Fur on the High-Place looking down into the water... It seems to be watching elder and me. Why is it so interested in Elder? It hops down beside provider and makes some noises at Provider.
-Time Passes-
Big-Eyes-White-Fur came back tonight. It got small at the edge of our water, and trailed it's fin in the water. Then it looked at us, it's eyes looking strange. Elder told us to hide, then went up to Big-Eyes-White-Fur. Elder said something, then a strange voice I had never heard before answered it. I peeked around the edge of the rock I was hiding behind, and saw that elder was speaking to Big-Eyes-White-Fur... And it was answering! This is strange. We were always told that we were the only ones that could speak, and that the outsiders couldn't talk. Elder spoke some more with Big-Eyes-White-Fur. It said something to Elder, and pointed towards the rock I was peeking around. Elder turned towards me and called out to me. I slowly swam around the edge of the rock towards him, and heard a loud, happy noise coming from Big-Eyes-White-Fur. It's face changed, then It carefully reached a fin into the water towards me. I swam towards it, and Big-Eyes-White-Fur touched me on the forehead.
For a moment, everything got dark. Then the Night-Visions began. I saw this really big water, stretching as far as I could see. There were many Youngests, and Youngs, and Olds, and Elders... Was there an Oldest-of-the-Old here? I could not see one, but with so many here, there had to be. Then I saw a strange thing. It looked like Provider, but it's back fins were like mine, not like those Provider had. It also had long green hair, like the Tasty-Greens around the water where I lived. It swam in the water with us, and made happy noises. Then I noticed that I could understand the happy noises! Then I saw Not-Provider struggling, and it was lifted out of the water, onto a Not-Land...
I swam up to the surface to try to help Not-Provider... and saw Sad-One, Not-Big-Furry, and Old-Big-Eyes! They were pulling on something, and Not-Provider was stuck on the edge of the Not-Land. Not-Provider looked sadly at me...
Then the Night-Vision was over. Big-Eyes-White-Fur said something to Elder, and he guided me away. Who was Not-Provider, and why did she look so much like Provider?
-Time Passes-
Today, Provider came out with the good food. It looked at me, and for a moment, I thought I saw Not-Provider instead of Provider. Provider reached it's fin into the water, and made some sad noises. Then Provider looked straight at me, and I swam over to Provider. It reached a fin out, and for the first time, it touched me, instead of me just nibbling on it's fin. It made some more sad noises, then went back into the High-Place...

Red-Black-One Ranma
Loud-One Akane
Quiet-One Nabiki
Provider Kasumi
Sad-One Soun
Big-Furry Panda-Genma
Not-Big-Furry Human-Genma
Big-Tooth Shampoo PRECURSE
Dark-Eyes-with-Horns Gosenkugi
Small-Furry cat or Cat-form Shampoo
Big-Eyes-White-Fur Cologne
Scary-Noise-One Kodachi
Metal-Fin Ukyo
Dirty-Yellow Ryoga
High-Place house
Small-Tasty-Green and Tasty-Green bushes and trees

AN This story has grown from the original idea of just playing the story as a Koi would see it in the Tendo pond, to something more. And if you are questioning the thing about Elder and Big-Eyes-White-Fur talking, remember the beach scene where she rode a shark? A shark would have been more likely to eat her then become her mount unless she could in some way convince it otherwise. The rest of that scene is Big-Eyes-White-Fur awakening our young Koi to a secret long held from him. Oh, and it's only reviews that keep me writing. I'll even take Hot-Glows!