Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Winds of Change ❯ Axe and Spatula ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Winds of Change

 

--------

 

AN: Sorry for the long wait! Took me a while to find the right way to compose this chapter. The original one would have made the story feel rushed. I couldn't have that. Besides. I laughed my hindquarters off while writing the chapter you see here, so it should be okay.

 

 

As usual, I hope you like my little story! Have fun! See ya all later!

 

--------

 

Disclaimer: I do not own the world of Ranma ½ in any way I just like to play around in the sandpit created by Takahashi Sensei. I don’t make any money by writing this so keep your lawyers at bay!

 

--------

 

Chapter 9: Axe and Spatula

 

 

I’m going to beat you so bad your bruises will have bruises!” hollered Ukyo as she lunged at her enemy. Both she and her opposition hurled their weapons at one another with the intent of causing serious bodily harm. Spatula and axe met with a tremendous crash as the combatants rushed past one another searching for an opening in their foe’s defences.

 

 

It all started earlier that day. A simple comment by Ranma. One word. No, doubt spoken involuntarily. A word brought to existence by teenage hormones.

The way Elena asked while showing off the newest part to her extensive collection of unmentionables. The snow-white, thigh-high stockings. The way she lifted her skirt to show the embroidery. The way the girl's skin was exposed and hidden at the same time. He couldn’t help it. He uttered the word that had started it all. "Sexy!"

 

 

The problem was the two of them were not the only ones to hear the word. They were not alone. Ukyo had been close enough to overhear. That's how it started. One word. Born from the union of shameless, somewhat brazen flirting and a young male's reaction to it.

 

 

I’ll make sure to visit you in hospital!” replied the blonde Russian. “After having a good time with Ranma!” she added with a smirk.

 

 

The cook’s eyes narrowed dangerously. A growl escaped her lips. “You bitch!” she called out threateningly. The girls rushed for one another again to meet with another clash.

 

 

I’ll be a satisfied bitch!” replied Elena with a snarky grin getting even further under the chef’s skin.

 

 

A longer, deeper growl escaped Ukyo, her body shook with the rage contained within her slender frame. Elena’s grin grew in intensity. The brunette reached into the folds of her clothing and retrieved a small bag of flour. She slammed the container in her adversary's face before retreating to a safe distance.

 

 

At first, there was a puff, a while cloud of dust that made the Russian choke and cough. She tried to get out of the area, but the best she could manage was to stagger a few steps backward while trying to remain on her feet. Then a bang, an explosion engulfed the girl. It was huge. It echoed across the nearby streets.

 

 

Ukyo smirked as she sailed across the air and away from the blast. Ready to declare herself as the victor of this bout. “That’ll teach ya to mess with me!” she thought smirking.

 

 

The Japanese girl landed safely some distance from the billowing black smoke. He waited patiently for the results. Seconds passed. The dark cloud slowly started to clear. There was a shocked gasp. It was soon followed up by a howl that would make a rather large grizzly reconsider its plans. The smoke thinned more. A weak spring breeze aided its demise.

 

 

Elena stood still. In shock. In her hand, she held a strain of her hair. It was slightly singed. The girl looked up at Ukyo. She had murder in her eyes. Her hand moved to her face a finger traced along the girl’s ash-covered cheek. Upon checking the result. Upon seeing the black soot and dust on the tip of her finger the lumberjack released a second howl. This one, more powerful than the first.

Spectators across the school grounds reconsidered what they thought to be a safe distance. It was clear that this fight would be not of the usual type. It was not some small grudge or misunderstanding. These girls really hated one another. The danger they posed to everyone around. It was off the normal chart.

 

 

A stampede came to be as students ran for safety. The school building itself was considered a safe bet by most. Others dove into the trench that got dug within the mere seconds that had passed between Elena’s first bear-like call and this moment. The captain of the 'Armed Forces and Defence Club' checked his timer and nodded with approval.

 

 

The girls were at it again. With more ferocity than before. Tearing into one another with renewed fervour. The school became the epicentre of explosions. Many explosions. Somewhere a tree was downed in one fell swoop. The air was soon filled with projectiles. Pieces of firewood. Perfectly cut. A response to the explosive bags of flour and pastries.

 

 

Ranma watched the carnage at a distance while casually enjoying his lunch. Sitting at the base of a tree. He had no intention of trying to put an end to the fight. By now he knew well that getting involved would not achieve much and leave him in pain. A lot of pain. Besides, he had other things on his mind. Like persuading Katja, the so-called exchange student, to agree to have that spar with him.

 

 

So far, he had no such luck. No matter how often he asked her, no matter how much of an annoyance he was to her, the girl always rebuffed him. After half a day of trying to make her accept he had become obsessed. He wanted to fight her, and one way or another he will get that fight. On that decision he was firm.

 

 

More explosions. The schoolyard was filled with blackened smoke as the air became thick with thrown weapons of all sorts. A sawdust bomb here. An explosive bun there. The girls were getting really out of hand. Their fight, more of a danger to the onlookers than the combatants.

 

 

Ain’t half bad!” remarked Ranma admiring the literal fireworks. The techniques on display were quite impressive. The combatants didn’t hold back an inch. Once more they rushed at one another, closing the distance in an attempt of landing a decisive blow. An armed back and forth ensued. Kicks, punches, the clang of steel on steel. Ranma popped another rice ball in his mouth as he enjoyed the show.

 

 

Aren’t you going to stop this madness?” asked a female voice with a hint of annoyance interrupting him. It was Katja. The very girl Ranma wanted to fight, bad. The boy responded with a casual shrug.

 

 

It’s their scrap!” he spoke with a mouthful of food as he fished another rice ball from his lunch-box. Kasumi really outdid herself this day. The apple and plum jam fillings within were divine.

 

 

Their fight?” asked the girl. “Aren’t you concerned? They are your fiancés!”

 

 

So?” replied the martial artist turning to the foreigner.

 

 

Do something about it!” she snapped impatiently.

 

 

Why should I?”

 

 

School grounds were rocked by an especially loud explosion. By the look of things, Ukyo had played one of the trump cards. For a few short seconds, the fight seemed to die down. The onlookers pulled back even further. Some stopped their gawking altogether, deciding that it is safer to retreat behind a wall and stay there. They did not want to become part of the statistics if an accident, a fatal fluke came to be. Neither did they want to be an eye-witness in the case of such an event.

 

 

The female shook her head in disbelief. “You really are pathetic you know?” she asked as the shock-wave washed across both her and the Ranma’s forms. “They want to be your women! They openly say so! Yet you don’t even try to look after them! I bet they’d back off if you told them to!” she insisted loudly. “You have to try at least! If something happens here you’ll have to take at least part of the blame!”

 

 

A snort escaped Saotome heir. “Them listening to me? Do you even know my fiancés?” he asked. “They never listen to me! They just go mad and fight!” he said matter of factly.

 

 

Well, have you tried!?” snapped the raven-haired female.

 

 

Why should I?”

 

 

Katja shook her head. “You really are a loser Saotome, you know that?” she replied dejectedly.

 

 

Fight me and I’ll show you who the loser is!” snapped the boy.

 

 

The female was left in disbelief. “I don’t fight lowlifes!” she responded, her voice low. Disdainful.

 

 

Ranma all but laughed. “Says the coward who shies away from a challenge!”

 

 

Or!” began the so-called German. “I just have my principles! And you’re nothing more than a lucky brat!”

 

 

The Ukyo rushed at Elena while the latter pulled an acorn from her pocket. The chef stumbled to a halt. She knew from experience that the smallest of weapons, the most miniscule tools, and ingredients were able to create some of the most profound results. The lumberjack flicked the seed into the air which landed right at Ukyo’s feet. Then she waited with a smirk on her face.

 

 

What did you call me?” snapped Ranma bristling immediately upon hearing the girl’s condescending remark.

 

 

You heard me right!” replied Katja maintaining her calm composure. “Or are you hard of hearing, also?”

 

 

Fight me!” demanded the boy.

 

 

Fat chance Bully Boy! Make yourself useful and break those two up before they get hurt!”

 

 

Ranma fumed. The girl turned and started to walk away. “Get back here!” he demanded.

 

 

Fat chance, Bully Boy!” she called back. “Get your suitors in check before someone gets hurt!” she replied not bothering to turn to him. "Seriously what kind of a man are you? Isn't it supposed to be the other way around? You trying to woo them? Pathetic!"

 

 

Meanwhile, the battle shifted gears. Ukyo’s eyes widened. The seed in the ground started to stir. Roots shot into the ground while sprouts burst towards the sky. The speed of the small acorn's growth was uncanny, unnatural. Leaves burst forth and lunged at Ukyo, who was now more interested in dodging. It was too late. Before she knew what was going on, she was up atop of a huge oak fighting against the branches that seemed to be out to get her, clawing at her with utmost enthusiasm.

 

 

Hey! I’m not done talking to you!” yelled Ranma at Katja’s retreating form. Enraged at what had been said.

 

 

Well, I am! You pathetic idiot! Stop your women before they lay waste to the school!” the female replied as if she was talking to some filthy being.

 

 

Her words caused the martial artist to have a lapse of judgment. He lunged at her and grabbed her arm to stop her. The foreigner’s aura changed in the blink of an eye. Gone was the devil-may-care feel she had to her, to be replaced by a feeling of cold, calculated hostility. “Let! Go! Now!” she warned making it clear it was not a request.

 

 

Ranma remained still for several long seconds, thinking. Once more his faculties were his to control. He knew he was close to getting what he wanted. The girl made it clear that his actions were well off-limits. That she would attack if he didn’t back up. He was close. He only needed one small nudge. However, this was not the way he wanted that fight. Angering her, goading her into it. Attacking her and making her defend herself. No. He wanted a martial arts fight. Not some brutish backstreet brawl. He wanted to test his skills against hers.

 

 

Slowly, carefully Ranma released the hand of the female. Her eyes were on fire. The threat present was obvious. "Try it again and there will be blood." she barked. Then she turned and left without saying anything else. Ranma wanted to punch himself.

 

 

A rain of broken branches remains of some pasta and other bakery products fell from high above accompanied by leaves. The girls kept on exchanging blows. They both bore numerous bruises and even some minor cuts, their uniforms were in tatters but neither even thought about yielding.

 

 

The campus had been mostly evacuated at this point. Most were seeking refuge in the school building, hiding behind anything solid they could find. Those holed up in the trench would occasionally risk a glance. Then they dive back for cover just as quick. The danger was just too immense. The defence club was busy carving out underground bunkers, casting cement in an effort to create a safer retreat. Others were enlarging the trench, zigzagging towards the school building in case something really went bad and they needed to evacuate.

 

 

Even Nabiki had pulled out along with her lackeys. The danger was just not worth it. There was more to be lost than gained. In many ways a sensible choice they all agreed to.

 

 

The fight between the chef and lumberjack didn't ease. Ranma glanced up to see the two engaged in a brutal melee. The plant had grown immense in mere moments and stood as if it had been a prominent fixture of the school for hundreds of years. In fact, if things kept going the way they did the oak's entire lifespan would be no more than a few minutes.

 

 

Ranma stared at the fight. At times he couldn’t keep the wince off his face. The punches and kicks. They were all aimed at rather painful spots. It was clear that both girls were far beyond feeling any pain. So great was the extent of their anger.

 

 

Then, a cross-counter occurred. Ukyo’s spatula narrowly missed Elena’s head. The blonde's hatchet embedded itself in the thick wood of their battleground inches from Ukyo. A trickle of blood ran down the chef’s neck from a newly opened cut. It had been that close. The girls almost succeeded in killing one another. Ranma paled. This was not just some grudge.

 

 

Katja’s words came back to haunt him. He glanced around. The campus was devastated. Littered with the remnants and scars of the fight. Small craters had been left behind by the many explosions. There were places where the earth bore the blackened scorches. Remnants of attacks that would maim if not outright kill most opponents. Piles of refuse, battered, broken benches and other destroyed or damaged fixtures were everywhere.

 

 

Things had gotten out of hand long ago. It was only a matter of time before somebody got seriously hurt or worse. There was a fair chance that it would be an innocent bystander.

 

 

It was obvious, this madness could not be allowed to go on. It had to be stopped. The teachers were unable to. They did not have the strength. Most of them were with the students. Hiding in the main building. Praying. Police were not coming. The fire department did not have the equipment or the skills. The ambulance was not needed. Yet.

There was nothing to stop the berserking females. The secret weapon of the staff, Miss Hinako, was away on business. She was the only teacher who could do anything about the situation. This left Ranma as the only one who could put an end to the carnage.

 

 

Ukyo vacated the treetop to remove Elena’s arboreal advantage. She knew it was a long way down but she risked it. On her way to the ground, she had to dodge several chunks of firewood. Some were obviously laced with explosives. This only became clear as some went off on impact releasing the destructive forces stored within.

 

 

The chef landed a bit roughed up, but otherwise, she was unharmed. The hardened pastry she had used as a shield kept the brunt of Elena's attacks at bay. The same could not be said about the area. Some of the lumberjack's projectiles didn't go boom. That didn't mean they weren't dangerous. Some had enough force behind them to embed themselves into the side of the school building and stay there. Students and teachers alike retreated further into the building.

 

 

Ranma observed the situation with increasing worry. This was really getting out of hand. Katja's words haunted him. If he didn't put an end to this. He wouldn't be any less at fault. He had the strength to do it. They had to be stopped. He knew the risks involved. He knew the girls could easily turn on him. But was there any other choice?

 

 

The Russian leaped from the treetop, axe ready to be swung down at her opponent. She was headed for Ukyo who was still reeling from the earlier barrage. The last lump of firewood she deflected with her shield had been a laced one. The brunette's ears were still ringing from the power of the blast.

 

 

Seconds later the girls met. Their weapons clashed yet again. This time with a climatic, echoing boom. Beneath Ukyo, the earth gave way. A new crater came to be. This one, at least a foot deep. The eyes of the girls. They were glowing in a demonic red. Their mouths were twisted in a wicked grin. They fought on as if they were possessed by some evil spirit.

 

 

Break it up you two!” yelled Ranma as his fiancés embroiled themselves in yet another armed melee. Metal flashing. Steel meeting steel in tremendous clashes. The noise. It was like thunder. The enraged women didn't even take notice of him. They fought on without the slightest sign of wavering. Without any thought of giving quarter.

 

 

Ranma's first attempt was self-explanatory. He jumped to get between the girls. He was ignored. More pastry flew. The explosions were awfully close to the defence club’s dugout. Just a little more and a bomb like okonomiyaki would have exploded amidst the people taking refuge in there.

 

 

Stop it! You idiots!” yelled the boy. No use. The two continued. They were far too gone to hear his demands.

 

 

I’ll knock you all the way to Siberia!” yelled Elena as she swung her weapon at her opponent yet again.

 

 

Once I’m done with you, honey, you’ll be eating through a tube!” countered Ukyo.

 

 

Ranma knew he had to get physical. He grabbed an arm of each combatant in an effort to gain their attention and put an end to the madness. “This ends now!” he yelled doing his best to make his voice sound commanding.

 

 

The result of his actions was not at all what he had predicted. Both girls turned to face him. Their eyes were blood red with rage. That glow. Ranma almost ran for it. Evil spirits, monsters, demons. Those were the creatures that came to his mind. "Get your nose out of our business!" yelled both chef and lumberjack in unison.

 

 

The boy was left startled for a few seconds. His mind was trying to work out a response. Flight or flight. His brides made use of their opportunity and tore themselves from his loosened grip. Before they had a chance to resume the fight Ranma's brain had made its decision. Fight!

 

 

As weapons rose once more the boy lunged with a clear intent to put an end to the duel. A hectic three-sided scrap ensued. A hand-to-hand altercation in which weapons were soon tossed to the wayside. Grapples, twists, and turns followed one another. The result took a while. After a hectic back and forth both girls ended up with their hands behind their backs. Their wrists in Ranma’s tight grip. Each restrained with one of his hands. He made sure to have the girls face away from the other at least an arm's length apart. He hoped that losing sight of their opponent would help in clearing the fog of rage from their mind.

 

 

"Let me go! Now!" demanded Ukyo still struggling. Trying to break free. Strangely Elena was rather still. Ranma was not complaining about that. It made things easier for him. Preventing one girl from slipping from his hold was more than enough of a task.

 

 

"Would you stop struggling Ucchan!" he ordered sternly. "Are you out of your mind!?" he yelled.

 

 

The chef fought on. She kicked and clawed at him as best she could. Patience failed Ranma at this point.

 

 

"This stops now!" he bellowed. "There are non-martial artists around you maniac! I will not marry anyone with the blood of the innocent on their hands! Do you get it?" His voice boomed across the open terrain around them. The meaning behind his words. It brought an end to Ukyo’s resistance. Ranma felt a slight shiver from Elena. The girl didn't try to break free so he let it be.

 

 

The last echoes of the fight died away. Ranma’s demand for a ceasefire echoed across the neighbourhood. Then things went quiet.

 

 

The students trapped in the trench made a break for it. The members of the defence club abandoned their dugouts and made their way to the main building in a hasty low-crawl. The other students clumsily followed their example to get to safety.

 

 

"Are you two blind? Didn’t you see all the people running!?" asked, yelled Ranma at the girls who were no longer resisting his hold. "You could have hurt someone!" he stated. Ukyo looked around sheepishly. The schoolyard around them was a depiction of destruction.

 

 

Black scorch marks, sights of explosions. Grass torn, ripped. A huge crater where Elena had descended on her with murderous intent and enough force to instantly delete most people. The barren stump of a downed tree in one corner. The gigantic oak with way too many leaves for the time of year.

 

 

She slowly turned her head to Ranma who appeared, unlike his usual self. He was towering above her form in a dominant fashion. Daring her to do anything violent. "She started it!" The cook said accusingly gesturing with her head towards the lumberjack. The blonde was starting up at the boy. Her eyes seemingly clouded.

 

 

"I say, you both did!" snapped Ranma staring into the chef’s eyes. "You need two to dance the cha-cha! And you were not unwilling, that one is for sure!" he stated. Ukyo didn't have the will to maintain eye contact.

 

 

"What do you have to say?"askeded Ranma turning to the other girl. Elena remained uncharacteristically still. On her face, there was a deep crimson blush. She wiggled uncomfortably. Shifting her weight between her legs. Her eyes. They were down. Locked to the ground. Her gaze. It was downright meek. Slowly, with a lot of hesitation, she lifted her gaze to Ranma, but never fully dared to look him in the eye. Ranma felt her hands move a bit, but she never made an attempt at breaking free.

 

 

The girl opened and closed her mouth several times. "I'm not really into doing it with a girl..." she spoke, her voice was barely above a whisper. "But I'll try it for your sake…" she said as a light blush spread across her face. Ranma's train of thought had trouble staying on track. He had no hope of figuring out what she was getting at. "I'm sure I could get used to it. After a while. I might even learn to like it!” she continued shyly. “Though... I... this... it... will feel awfully awkward to me in the beginning. You might have to tie me up at first!" Finished with her words the girl directed her now sheepish gaze to the ground.

 

 

Ranma's body stiffened visibly. He was still. Very still. Even breathing was beyond him. Moments later a startled sound escaped his lips as the meaning of the girl's words sank in. His thoughts completely derailed at that point. He stared at the girl in shock and disbelief.

 

 

She occasionally risked a quick peek at him as if trying to gauge his reactions. Her cheeks, her entire body growing more crimson by the second as time passed on. The entire situation. The statement. It left an awkward atmosphere in the air.

 

 

Ukyo also stood still unmoving. Paralysed by what she had heard. At what had been implied. Image after image played out in front of her mind’s eye. One absurd, indecent, and sometimes obscene, scene after another. She shook her head to relieve herself of those thoughts. She glanced around. Happy that there was nobody else close enough to catch any of what had left the lumberjack’s mouth. The situation. The two of them, trapped in Ranma’s hold the way they were. It was absurd enough already.

 

 

The rest of the school was silent. One could hear a pin drop. A lone fly buzzed into the educational facility’s airspace. The insect fled in terror. Some of the braver students started to emerge from their hiding spots. Many of them dove back into cover in fear of resumed hostilities. The air was suddenly filled by a series of rapid footsteps that echoed across the halls and rooms of the institution.

 

 

Someone was making their way down the stairs. The rhythmic taps could soon be heard from the ground floor. They were headed for the school’s rear entrance. Moments later, the doors were thrown open in a most violent fashion. They banged against the walls on each side making many wince.

 

 

Ranma turned towards the approaching sound trying to figure out what it meant for him. When seeing the one responsible for the noise every student took cover. The storm was about to restart. Cataclysm was at hand.

 

 

The Saotome heir stared at his incoming doom. At the slender, fit shape of his undoing. He was unable to act as most of his gears were struggling to move. He was aware of what was going on. Of the danger present. However the cogs in his mind. They were either spinning wildly without achieving much or completely stuck. Struggling to budge.

 

 

"Ranma!" she hollered the girl atop of her lungs like so many times before. The boy stared at her. He knew he was in trouble. This was Akane. She was on the warpath. He wanted to move, but he couldn’t. His body refused to follow orders. "How dare you try and force anybody to bend to your perverted ways!" she hollered. "You ANIMAL!"

 

 

A fist was thrown forward. The enraged girl was upon him. Then, when the impact was not even a moment away, his mind finally found traction. The locks that kept his body stiff gave way. He moved to dodge. It was all too late.

 

 

There was a flash of light. A tremendous boom. Seconds later the boy was no more than a dot in the sky. Off to who knows where. Leaving behind a raging girl in his wake. A cook that was still trying to come to terms of just what she had heard. And a lumberjack, who did nothing but stare at the ground meekly. Blushing.

 

 

Meanwhile, the not-so-German exchange students observed the results from a safe distance. Trying to figure out how a species, that had lunatics of this degree amidst their ranks, could achieve the level of sophistication they had.

"You see what you did?" asked the male part of the duo with a frown.

 

 

"I was just trying to help! Those two were out of control!” protested the female. “Besides he needs to grow some balls! And he did put an end to the fight. Who all's well, no?"

 

 

"I know, but I thought we had discussed that we would not interfere!" retorted the male. "We were supposed to remain ghosts that come and go!"

 

 

The female calling herself Katja huffed. "What was I supposed to do!? Let those two brawl until somebody gets killed!?"

 

 

The two went silent after the outburst. They both understood that the other had some valid point. Slowly but surely the school across their vantage point started to stir. Teachers rushed around. Checking up on their charges and re-establising their control The janitors, taking notes of the damage that had been done.

 

 

The shipless captain sighed. "I get it that the boy... Ranma her name, right?"

 

 

The raven-haired woman nodded.

 

 

"He is in a rather... unique situation..." he said making sure to carefully pick his words. "... but he needs to learn from his mistakes."

 

 

The female calling herself Katja scoffed. "Unique?" she asked. "That's a rather mild term! A somewhat vapid, egotistic youngster betrothed to half a dozen little girls who are all crazy about getting hold of the local alpha male. It's a disaster in the making!"

 

 

"I'm not arguing there!"

 

 

"We have to do something!" she argued.

 

 

"We can't interfere!" reasoned the male.

 

 

"Yes we can it is not as if we are changing their history or worldview!" came the counterargument.

 

 

The blonde let out a long sigh. His hand traveled to scratch his shoulder. A universal sign of deep thought. At least as far as his species was concerned. "You are really not letting this go are you?" he asked.

 

 

"Hell no!" she replied with force.

 

 

He kept scratching his shoulder. "All right! All right! I'll have a few words with the guy. He's more likely to be receptive to a male's suggestions anyway. I don’t even want to know how he ended up in that like that. But if there's someone who can put an end to that madness it's him... In turn, you will stop pulling your stunts. Our cover is brittle enough as it is. One first-year is already calling me Mr Alien. We can't have ourselves exposed. So what do you say? Deal?"

 

 

The female smiled at the suggestion. "Deal!" she replied.

--------

 

 

"You sure Saotome wouldn't find us here?" asked a voice in the darkness of the room. It sounded concerned, worried.

 

 

The response came in the form of a chuckle. It was Hiroshi. His face was illuminated by the screen in front of him. The boy's avatar, a martial artist of some sort, bounced all over on the display running circles around the computer-controlled character. "Relax he won't!" he replied casually. "We are at least fifty miles from Tokyo. On the opposite end of the bay."

 

 

"If he ever sees us he'll turn us inside out," replied Daisuke he sounding anxious, terrified.

 

 

"Oh, come on! You know how Ranma rolls! I'm sure he'll be over it in a week or so." said the boy dishing out a virtual one-two playing the arcade game, wishing he would be able to do the same in real life.

 

 

"You think?" replied the panicking boy.

 

 

"Positive! His life is so full of the crazy. I bet we barely even register on his scale!" After saying his mind Hiroshi launched his character into a frenzy, pounding the buttons and yanking the control stick around with any sign of mercy. His avatar lashed out with a fury of attacks. The computer tried its best, but at this point, there was nearly a thing it could do to turn the tide. It wasn't long before the A. I. conceded.

 

 

"But what if he tracks us down? Saotome is good at that cloak and dagger stuff, you know!" Daisuke lamented.

 

 

"I guess he'll send us straight in the hospital!" replied Hiroshi as he rammed the difficulty all the way up to max. The casual way he stated the fact made the other boy shiver.

 

 

"How can you be so calm about it?" whined the other boy. "If he finds us we are doomed!" His pitch reached annoying heights.

 

 

"You are not of this world, are you Dai." came the remark. "Saotome is a prefecture away. We are hiding in my uncle's-niece's-friend's-boyfriend's weekend cabin. There's no chance he could ever track us down here! And if he does... well what can we do about it when that happens?"

 

 

"Okay, so he can't track us down! But what if he does find us here by chance?"

 

 

Hiroshi shook his head as he chose a new character. The female one. Even if it was just a bunch of pixels it was a cute character. Easy on the eyes. "Oh, come on! Find us by chance! As if he's just going to burst through the ceiling! Think about it! We have more of a chance of winning the lottery this weekend!!"

 

 

Suddenly the noise of a violent crash filled the room. The force of the impact rocked the entire cabin. It bought an end to the conversation. Part of the ceiling caved in sending dust and splinters all over the place along with some of the stuff that had been stored in the small attic above.

 

 

"What the frack was that!?" cursed Hiroshi somewhat annoyed. "Earthquake?" he wondered aloud. He received no response. "Hey, Dai! You okay bud'?" he asked. Still no response. He turned where he suspected his friend to be with worry creeping up his spine.

 

 

Hiroshi found his comrade in crime rather easily. However the pale skin of the other boy. The eyes that seemed to be focused onto a single point in front of him. To the pile of debris laying in the centre of the now well-lit room. It was concerning.

 

 

"S...Saotome! F...f...fancy meeting you here!" stammered Daisuke backing all the way to the wall.

 

 

Hiroshi frowned. "Oh come on Dai there's no way that Ranma is under..."

 

 

The boy couldn't finish his words. The wreckage. It was moving. The two of them were no longer alone. Someone rose to their feet and out of the heap of used junk. Even under all the dust and with all the rips there was no mistaking it. The newcomer was wearing a familiar shirt. It was a red Chinese silk shirt. It was THAT silk shirt. The figure rose up even more. Damaged, destroyed utensils, tools, and other bits and pieces rolled to the bottom of the pile. An old, unused television sat atop of the newcomer's head. Two muscular arms rose to remove the now ruined TV. By the look of things, the visitor was unbothered by the weight. A pigtail slipped from the stranger's shoulder. It was all too familiar!

 

 

Hiroshi let out a nervous chuckle. If it could be called that. It was two short, nervous laughs. Cut in half by a nervous intermission.

 

 

Daisuke stood still. Scared stiff.

 

 

"Why, would you look at that! I've been wanting to talk to the two of you." spoke the one to drop in. He threw the broken television to the side. The abused electronic device landed with a crash. Its frame broke its innards spilled out across the wooden floor. The teen boys shivered in fear. It was Ranma all right. The last person they wanted to meet. Strangely the martial artist of considerable renown was uncharacteristically calm and collected. “I believe we have something to discuss,” he said with a voice that was all too even.