Read Or Die Fan Fiction / X-Men Fan Fiction ❯ Read or Die: Shadowcat! ❯ Chapter 10

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Shadowcat: Read or Die!

Part Ten

Kitty stretched out, scratching the back of her head while dressed in her oversized T-shirt. It made a decent night-shirt, though she missed her normal things. Being careful not to wake up Yomiko she cautiously picked her way through the various piles of books before exiting out onto the roof of the building. She stood at the railing, gazing out at the city of Tokyo all around her.

"You really should start wearing pajama bottoms," Kitty instantly recognized Nenene's voice as the young woman continued crossly, "I can see your panties."

"And why are you looking at my panties?" Kitty teased as she looked back at the younger girl with a little smile.

"Hey!" Nenene blushed furiously while Kitty chuckled.

Nenene settled in beside her and Kitty noticed that she was carrying a napkin wrapped containiner. "Bringing Yomiko lunch?" she asked.

Nenene blushed a bit more cutely as she said, "Yeah." They stood there a few moments, looking out at the city before Nenene said, "I'm sorry."

Kitty looked over at Nenene curiously. "I didn't really think that the panties comment needed an apology," she said.

"Not that," Nenene shook her head, "for how I acted when I first met you."

"I've been known to be a bit cross when surprised, too," Kitty offered, getting a smile from Nenene in return.

"Thanks," Nenene chuckled. She looked out at the city a few moments before suddenly asking, "What was your first kiss?"

Kitty blinked, a bit startled by the rapid change in subject. "Peter, actually," she smiled a bit sadly thinking of Peter Rasputin, the Russian born member of the X-Men who had died to find a cure for the Legacy virus.

"Yomiko was mine," Nenene admitted.

Kitty looked at her in surprise, "You're kidding."

Nenene chuckled softly. "I was working on one of my novels," she said with a smile, "busily typing away at school. Yomiko was a substitute teacher there, and came into the room right when I got stumped on the next bit."

"Stumped on what?" Kitty prompted with a smile.

"I hadn't been kissed before," Nenene said with a smile, "and I couldn't write what I hadn't done. Yomiko came in, I grabbed her and kissed her."

Kitty shook her head with a smile, "That must have been fun."

"Yomiko's a good kisser," Nenene blushed, "even when surprised."

"If it helps any," Kitty looked over at the younger woman with a slight smile, "I kissed a girl once, too." A blush colored Kitty's cheeks as she continued, "My friend Rachel was listening to me complain about how average I was, and I guess she decided to make her point forcefully."

"And did anything happen after the kiss?" Nenene asked her curiously.

Kitty, if possible, went even redder as she said, "Not telling."

"Good morning," the sleepy voice came from behind them. Yomiko's hair stood up in a few places, the teacher blinking at the two of them owlishly.

"Good morning, sensei," Nenene said fondly

Kitty found herself wondering how long Yomiko had been listening to her and Nenene as she smiled and said, "Morning."

"You two are up early," Yomiko said cheerfully.

"Or you're up late," Nenene said as she walked over to Yomiko. She sniffed the air, frowning, "When was the last time you had a bath?"

"A day or so?" Yomiko blinked, clearly unsure about the exact date.

Nenene rolled her eyes, "Guess you should visit the public baths, huh?" She hesitated, then looked over at Kitty, "Do you want to come?"

Kitty smiled wryly, watching Nenene so effortlessly managing the older Yomiko. "If I wouldn't be in the way," she answered.

"We'd love to have you along," Yomiko beamed.

Kitty pushed herself off the railing, tugging her long T-shirt down once again. "Then we'd better get dressed," she smiled at the scruffy Yomiko, "who goes first?"

"Come on sensei," Nenene gave Kitty a smile as she tugged Yomiko inside.

A few minutes later Kitty took her turn, heading in to grab some clothes. Kitty picked up the phone, dialing up the Library to let them know that they were going out. Then she pulled the clean white shirt and a black skirt on, pulling her hair back in a ponytail.

"You know," Yomiko noted as the three of them navigated through piles of books heading downstairs, "this is the first time I've seen you in a skirt."

Kitty smiled and shrugged, "I try to be unexpected."

Perched on a building not far from them Amelia watched through her binoculars as they left the building. "They're on the move," she reported into her headset, "destination unknown."

"Follow," the calm voice replied, "but don't be seen."

"Right," Amelia agreed.

Amelia put the binoculars away in a compartment on her belt, her brown hair blowing around her face as she moved. She concentrated, focusing her will, then from her back great feathered wings unfurled, glistening wetly in the sunlight. She shook them, the brown feathers ruffled, then with a single sweep she was in the air.

With eyes far better than a human's Amelia kept pace, soaring high above the three women. 'I wonder where they are going?' she thought, gliding along, an occassional beat of her wings tossing her a bit higher into the air.

The three women entered a building, Amelia dropping down on a nearby building. "They've entered a building, a public bath," she reported.

"You mean it appears to be a public bath," Yukio's voice came through, "we know this organization uses standard buildings as a cover."

"If you want to go in there, catgirl," Amelia said dryly, "you're welcome to."

"If you fold your wings in," Yukio bit out, "you can pass. Just go inside to check it out, if it is a bathhouse, leave!"

Amelia sighed, "Right."

Amelia stepped to the side of the building she tood on, gazing down into the alley until she saw it was clear. Wings outstretched she dropped into the alley, pulling her wings in with a soft groan. Hesitantly she walked into the building, nodding to the young woman behind the counter.

"One, please," Amelia said, paying the fee with money she stored in her belt.

"Go in through there," she nodded towards the girl's side as she said cheerfully, "you can undress in there. Have a nice bath."

"Thank you," Amelia hesitantly entered. She could feel women's eyes on her as she disrobed, glad that she could buy a towel and other gear from a booth there. Wrapping a towel around her and covering up most of the scars that marked her back she headed in.

"Brace yourself," Nenene said, pouring cold water over Yomiko to clear the soap off of her.

"Eeek!" Yomiko squealed as the water hit her, almost diving to get into the hot baths as quickly as possible.

"Watch the splashing," Kitty said, Nenene joining them a few moments later.

'Of course it's a bathhouse,' Amelia thought as she strode by them, 'what else would it be?' She nearly spun around and left until a delicate hand on her arm stopped her.

"Would you care to join us?" the redhead smiled, nodding to a tub nearby where a brown haired girl relaxed.

'I would still be keeping an eye on them,' Amelia mused. She smiled, "I'd like that."

To be continued...