Realism Fan Fiction / Other Fan Fiction / Original Poetry Fan Fiction ❯ A Letter of Thanks ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

This isn't goodbye.
 
“Iwant herto read this first.”
 
Note: When you read this, listen to an inspirational song, like Rie Tanaka's “Fields of Hope”. Together with this, you'll really find the peace you wish to find. It's for everybody…to read…and to cry with.
 
 
When I wrote this, I feel so sorry for myself, because I feel so alone. The people never cared to even smile at me. When I met Him, I feel my nothingness faded, and I went to His arms and hugged Him. It was the first time someone loved me for me. He was always there, despite the fact that I'm sinful. I thank Him so much that He has given me the hope to live as peaceful as the beautiful meadow that I always imagined.
 
I never knew myself from the beginning. Yet He gave an identity, an identity which I could not change, in which I was thankful for. I finally felt myself whole and full of hope. I never felt so happy before. Whenever I go hysterical or angry with my mom, I run to His arms, feeling his warm embrace, while I cried my heart out. I was at home, I thought.
 
Forget the past, dwell within the present and hope for the future. Those were the words I remembered all my life. Until now, I wish not to be a nuisance to many people because of mourning for the people I know wouldn't return back as humans. And that is what I wish to see from all that despite the loss of a loved one, smile for a while, because this is what the person hopes to see from you. Your smile is the greatest thing they would receive from you. So smile, my dear one. Smile.
 
I know it's hard for you. But I am always here with Him, watching you as you become the person I want you to be. I know you want to cry, so cry your heart out. Don't be hysterical, but if you will, go to Him, embrace Him and cry. That's the first thing you have to remember when you're sad.
 
Ha-ha, I know what you're thinking. The memories we've shared, the happiness we've experienced. That'll be the only thing you can hold on to, our memories.
 
Hush now, I know you started to cry again. I'll wipe those tears from your face. Hush now, okay? It's all right to cry, but as I've told you, don't be hysterical.
 
Tell our friends to be strong despite these trials they're facing. Don't tear apart, because I might come to them! I'm just joking, of course. But please tell them to remember me, because it would be a pain if they didn't. I'll be remembering all the memories they have given to me, and they must too do the same. That'll make me happy!
 
Tell mama, papa and my siblings that I love them so much. They have given me the inspiration to live the life I've always wanted.
 
And to you, my beloved, and the most special person in my life, remember me, not as a human, but as a friend, a sister and a loved one. I'll be going now; to Him I must return, to Kamisama, to the Almighty Father I must reunite.
 
Before I go, please smile for me, remember the memories we've shared, and cry for once in a while. Strength isn`t measured with the tears you shed, but with how you old on to life's trials and miseries. Become the first person to do that, okay? Hush now, for I have to go.
 
This isn't goodbye… because I'm always here, right beside you. Always. -Minoru