Reboot Fan Fiction ❯ Ups and Downs Of Every Second Life ❯ Rowena's Case Of Cold Feet ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 17
Rowena's Case Of Cold Feet

Rowena woke up and looked over Garadin then shook him.
"Hmm? What is it dear?" Garadin asked.
"I'm sorry to bother you honey but could you get me a pepperoni pizza and some nachos with extra cheese." Rowena said.
Garadin groaned.
"Sure thing dear but what time is it?" Garadin asked.
"0200 milliseconds." Rowena said.
Garadin groaned again before he got up but did not move.
"And what else?" Garadin asked.
"That's it." Rowena said.
Garadin lifted an eyebrow.
"Come on I know better than that I know how pregnant women get cravings." Garadin said.
"Well..." Rowena did not argue knowing he had a valid point.
"And some toast with butter and jelly, along with a bowl of soup." Rowena added.
"Okay." Garadin laughed.
"I love you!" Rowena told him.
"I know and I love you too." Garadin said.
Garadin went down and after a half microsecond came back up with a hover-tray loaded with goodies.
"Thanks and I'm so sorry I put you through this but I can't help it." Rowena said digging into the food.
"It's okay, My Love just... try to do it later in the night okay?" Garadin teased.
Rowena laughed mouth full of pizza.
"All right." Rowena said.
It's a few cycles later now. Rowena is visiting her family.
"Have you figured out when you're getting married yet?" Arabella asked.
"No I haven't yet." Rowena answered.
"What are you waiting for then?" Halima asked.
"I'm not sure Mom." Rowena answered.
"Have you talked about it with your fiancé?" Grey asked.
"No I haven't done that yet either." Rowena answered.
"Oh well you better hurry and figure it out." Arabella said.
Rowena looked at Arabella.
"Will you be my maid of honor at my wedding to Garadin?" Rowena asked.
Arabella is speechless at first.
"I would love to be your maid of honor but only if Shaun can walk me down the aisle." Arabella answered.
"Yeah of course he can." Rowena said.
Oona came into the room.
"Can I be your flower girl Aunt Rowena?" Oona asked.
"Yeah sure I was going to ask you anyway." Rowena answered.
~Meanwhile at Garadin's place~
Garadoin sighed and turned away from the window.
I miss Rowena, he thought.
"She was right we are soul mates." Garadin said out loud.
Then an idea hit Evasoba and he opened up a vidwindow, took out a piece of paper and closed it. Garadin began writing.
~Meanwhile back at Rowena's parents' place~
Rowena sighed.
"Do you miss him?" Arabella asked.
"Yeah I do a lot." Rowena answered.
"Well then go home that way you won't miss him." Arabella said.
Rowena smiled then hugged everyone and left. Rowena walked back to home. Arleigh is sitting on the couch.
"It's about time you came back because he's was really missing you." Arleigh replied.
"Yeah I was missing him too." Rowena said.
"Aww how sweet." Arleigh replied.
"Where is he at?" Rowena asked.
"He's up in yours and his bedroom." Arleigh answered.
Rowena walked upstairs to hers and Garadin 's bedroom. The door is wide open and Garadin is writing. Rowena tip-toed into the room and sat down on the bed.
Garadin sighed and looked back then he saw Rowena.
"Rowena!" Garadin yelled.
Garadin got up and lifted Rowena into the air twirling her around then sitting her down and kissing her passionately.
"Wow looks you missed me just as much as I missed you." Rowena said.
Garadin nodded his head.
"Yes I did miss you a lot my baby cakes." Garadin replied.
"What do you want to do?" Rowena asked.
"I was thinking about going for a walk if you're up for that." Garadin answered.
"Yeah of course I am." Rowena answered.
Garadin helps Rowena up and they left the house hand in hand. They walk for a few nanos. Rowena looked at Garadin.
"What is it baby cakes?" Garadin asked.
"I need to sit down for a few nanos." Rowena answered.
Garadin nodded his head. Rowena sat down on the bench a few inches away. Garadin is about to join her when someone taps him on the back. Garadin turned around to find his best friend Kaiser standing behind him.
"Hey, what's up?" Kaiser said.
"Kaiser! How you doing man?" Garadin asked smiling.
Kaiser was one of his only real friends he had had in Mainframe.
"So what's new with you?" Kaiser asked.
Garadin beckoned Rowena over and wrapped his arm around her waist.
"This is my fiancée and soon-to-be mother of my child, Rowena Echo Java Oracle." Garadin said.
"Whoa your child that's awesome!" Kaiser said.
They exchanged high fives.
"So can I be like the Uncle Kaiser?" Kaiser asked.
Garadin smiled.
"Yeah of course you can." Garadin said.
"Alphanumeric!" Kaiser replied.
"How would you like to best man?" Garadin asked.
Andrew smiled and slapped his shoulder.
"Sure thing man when is the wedding?" Kaiser asked.
"I was thinking next cycle." Garadin answered.
"Next cycle?" Rowena asked surprised.
"There's no point in waiting my baby cakes. I love you and want to be with you forever." Garadin answered
Rowena smiled then hugged Garadin. They went back to their house.
It's the next cycle now and a few milliseconds till the wedding. Rowena is with her family again and Garadin is missing her so much.
Rowena sighs.
"I want to see Garadin so bad." Rowena said.
"Well it's bad luck for you to see him before the wedding." Arabella said.
"Can't I vidwindow him?" Rowena asked.
"No you can't." Arabella answered.
"But I miss him." Rowena whined.
"Well tough live with it." Arabella said.
Rowena sighed.
A few milliseconds later they are all at the Principal Office except for Rowena. Garadin looked around.
"Where's my baby cakes at?" Garadin asked.
"I don't know." Arabella answered.
"That's not helping." Garadin yelled.
"Okay son calm down." Arleigh said.
"Calm down? How am I supposed to do that when the love of my life is missing?" Garadin asked in a scream.
"Please relax I'm sure she'll be here something's just holding her up and if not then we'll find her okay?" Arleigh said.
Garadin sighed.
"What if something terrible happened to her?" Garadin asked.
"I'll go and look for her if you want." Arleigh answered.
"Would you thanks Mom." Garadin said hugging his mother.
Arleigh left on a zip-board and looked all over Mainframe until finally she decided to take a small break at Al's Wait and Eat. Rowena is sitting over in a booth and looking upset. Arleigh walked over to her and sat down.
"Hey." Arleigh said.
"Oh hi." Rowena replied.
"I didn't expect to find you here." Arleigh answered.
"Oh well... I'm..." Rowena trailed off.
"What are you doing here, dear? Shouldn't you be at the Principal Office?" Arleigh asked.
"Well to tell you the truth I'm really nervous and I'm starting to doubt if I'm a good wife for Rowena." Rowena answered.
"I see. Why's that?" Arleigh said.
Rowena sighed.
"Because... I'm so scared. I can feel like something is going to happen once I get married and that there's no turning back." Rowena said suddenly crying.
"Darling listen, you can't let a little case of cold feet stop you from marrying the Sprite you love because I can see you two were programmed for each other and I wouldn't be a very good friend, or a step mom for that matter if I didn't try my darnested to get you off your ASCII and marry him." Arleigh said.
Rowena laughed a little bit.
"Okay I'm sorry I'm so nervous I've just never been in love." Rowena said.
Once they got back to the Principal Office Garadin sighed when he saw Rowena.
"Are you okay my baby cakes?" Garadin asked.
"Yeah I'm fine I was just really nervous about getting married sorry I kept you waiting for so long." Rowena said.
Phong looked at them.
"Are you getting married now or next cycle?" Phong asked.
"Um... I... um." Rowena answered.
"Oh nice answer." Dot said.
Phong smiled. Rowena walked up the aisle and stood next to .
"We are gathered here this second to join Rowena Echo Java Oracle and Garadin Border Alta Vector Bounce in holy matrimony." Phong said.
Dot looked at Phong then at Bob and shook her head. Rowena whimpered nervously.
"Let's just get this over with before I change my mind." Rowena said.
"Do you Rowena Echo Java Oracle take this Sprite Garadin Border Alta Vector Bounce to be your lawfully wedded husband to have and to hold through sickness and in health? For richer or poorer as long as you both shall live?" Phong asked.
"I do." Rowena answered a little nervously.
"Do you Garadin Border Alta Vector Bounce do you take this Sprite Rowena Echo Java Oracle to be your lawfully wedded wife to have and to hold through sickness and in health? For richer of pooper as long as you both shall live?" Phong asked.
"I do." Garadin answered.
"Now it's time for exchanging of the vows so Garadin you go first." Phong said.
Garadin smiles.
"Rowena, I've loads of girlfriends but they were as special as you. That second I saw you in the park I knew that I wanted to be with you forever. I feel like, no matter what, you'll never condemn me, or look at me in shame. You make me feel like I'll always look good in your eyes, and that makes me feel comfortable. I love you so much, Rowena Echo Java Oracle, and I want to be with you for the rest of my lifetime." Garadin replied.
Rowena got tears in her eyes. Phong looked at Rowena.
"Now it's your turn." Phong said.
Rowena dried her tears then smiled.
"Garadin, I've had so many relationships gone bad. I was beginning to think I'd never find someone that I could see myself settling down with but all that changed the second we met at the park in Floating Point. You have opened my heart and give it a whole new meaning. I sometimes think how I ever ended up with someone like you. There are times I think how lucky I truly am. You are my light in the dark and the only one for me. I love you Garadin Border Alta Vector Bounce and I always will no matter what." Rowena said.
Little Enzo came with the rings. Phong took the rings then gave one to Garadin and one to Rowena. Phong looked at Rowena.
"I would like you to repeat after me. 'With this ring I thee wed.' And then put it on Garadin's ring finger." Phong replied.
"With this ring I thee wed." Rowena said as she put the ring on Garadin's ring finger.
"I would like you to do the same." Phong replied looking at Garadin.
Garadin nodded his head.
"With this ring I thee wed." Garadin said as he put the ring on Rowena's ring finger.
Phong smiled.
"By the power vested in me by the User I now pronounce the two of you husband and wife so Garadin you may now kiss your bride." Phong said.
Garadin pulled Rowena close and kissed her passionately. A few microseconds later they break apart. Rowena looked at the wedding band on her hand then at Garadin. Garadin just smiled and wrapped his arms around Rowena.
They go to the War Room for the wedding reception. Rowena got up on stage.
"I would like to sing a song for my guardian angel, Garadin." Rowena said.
Garadin smiled as the music started to play.
Rowena:
Where have all good men gone
And where are all the gods?
Where's the street-wise Guardian
To fight the rising odds?
Isn't there a white knight upon a fiery steed?
Late at night I toss and turn and dream of what I need
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night
He's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the morning light
He's gotta be sure
And it's gotta be soon
And he's gotta be larger than life
Larger than life
Somewhere after midnight
In my wildest fantasy
Somewhere just beyond my reach
There's someone reaching back for me
Racing on the thunder and rising with the heat
It's gonna take a superman to sweep me off my feet
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night
He's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the morning light
He's gotta be sure
And it's gotta be soon
And he has gotta be larger than life
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night
Up where the mountains meet the heavens above
Out where the lightning splits the sea
I could swear that there is someone somewhere
Watching me
Through the wind and the chill and the rain
And the storm and the flood
I can feel his approach
Like a fire in my blood
Like a fire in my blood
Like a fire in my blood
Like a fire in my blood
Like a fire in my blood
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night
He's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the morning light
He's gotta be sure
And it's gotta be soon
And he's gotta be larger than life
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night
He's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the morning light
He's gotta be sure
And it's gotta be soon
And he's gotta be larger than life
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night

Garadin wiped tears out of his eyes and went up on stage. Garadin took the microphone from Rowena.
"This time I would like to sing a song to my darling wife and about how I feel when I'm around her." Gardin said.

I've got the power hey yeah heh
I've got the power
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh yeah-eah-eah-eah-eah-eah
I've got the power
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh yeah-eah-eah-eah-eah-eah
Gettin' kinda heavy
It's gettin' it's gettin' it's gettin' kinda hectic
It's gettin' it's gettin' it's gettin' kinda hectic
It's gettin' it's gettin' it's gettin' kinda hectic
It's gettin' it's gettin' it's gettin' kinda hectic
Like the crack of the whip I snap attack
Front to back in this thing called rap
Dig it like a shovel rhyme devil
On a heavenly level
Bang the bass turn up the treble
Radical mind day and night all the time
Seven to fourteen wise divine
Maniac brainiac winning the game
I'm the lyrical Jesse James
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh yeah-eah-eah-eah-eah-eah
I've got the power
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh yeah
Gettin' kinda heavy
I've got the power
It's gettin' it's gettin' it's gettin' kinda heavy
It's gettin' it's gettin' it's gettin' kinda heavy
It's gettin' it's gettin' it's gettin' kinda heavy
It's gettin' it's gettin' it's gettin' kinda heavy
I've got the power
He's gonna break my heart
He's gonna break my heart of hearts
He's gonna break my heart
He's gonna break my heart of hearts
He's got the power oh-oh-oh-oh
I've got the power
He's gonna break my heart
He's gonna break my heart of hearts
He's gonna break my heart
He's gonna break my heart of hearts
He's got the power oh-oh-oh-oh
I've got the power
It's gettin' it's gettin' it's gettin' kinda hectic
It's gettin' it's gettin' it's gettin' kinda hectic
It's gettin' it's gettin' it's gettin' kinda hectic
It's gettin' it's gettin' it's gettin' kinda hectic
It's gettin' it's gettin' it's gettin' kinda hectic
It's gettin' it's gettin' it's gettin' kinda hectic
It's gettin' it's gettin' it's gettin' kinda hectic
It's gettin' it's gettin' it's gettin' kinda hectic
Quality I possess something I'm fresh
When my voice goes through the rest
Of the microphone that I am holdin'
If they are snap
Don't need the police to try to save them
Your voice will sink so please stay off my back
Or I will attack and you don't want that
I've got the power
He's gonna break my heart
He's gonna break my heart of hearts
He's gonna break my heart
He's gonna break my heart of hearts
He's got the power oh-oh-oh-oh
I've got the power
He's gonna break my heart
He's gonna break my heart of hearts
He's gonna break my heart
He's gonna break my heart of hearts
He's got the power oh-oh-oh-oh
I've got the power

Garadin beckoned Rowena to came up on the stage with him. Rowena smiled than joined him and looked at him.
“What did you want me up here for my guardian angel?” Rowena asked.
“I want to sing a song with you and that song is Larger Than Life.” Garadin answered.
Rowena:
Larger Than Life
I may run and hide
When you're screamin' my name, alright
But let me tell you now
There are prices to fame, alright
All of our time sp
ent in flashes of light
Garadin
:
All you people can't you see, can't you see
How your love's affecting our reality
Every time we're down
You can make it right
And that makes you larger than life
Both:
Looking at the crowd
And I see your body sway, c'mon
Wishin' I could thank you in a different way, c'mon
'Cause all of your ti
me spent keeps us alive
Garadin
:
All you people can't you see, can't you see
How your love's affecting our reality
Every time we're down
You can make it right
And that makes you larger than life
Both:
All of your time spent keeps us alive
Rowena:
All you people can't you see, can't you see
How your love's affecting our reality
Every time we're down
You can make it right
And that makes you larg
er than life
Garadin
:
Yeah, every time we're down
Yeah, you can make it right
Yeah, and that's what makes you larger than life
Both:
All you people can't you see, can't you see
How your love's affecting our reality
Every time we're down
You can make it right
And that makes you larger than life

They walked off the stage hand in hand. Rowena sighed deeply. Garadin pulled her close to him and wrapped his arms around her.
“You are ok my baby cakes?” Garadin asked.
Rowena smiled a little.
“Yeah I'm ok.” Rowena answered.
“Are you sure my love?” Garadin asked.
“Yes I am sure so stop worry so much.” Rowena answered.
“I wish I could my love but I can't because you mean so much to mean and when something's wrong with you it hurts me so much.” Garadin said.
Rowena smiled than kissed Garadin passionately. It's been one cycle since Garadin and Rowena got married Rowena is down in the living room. Garadin heard a scream from the living room and ran to find Rowena cuddled into a fetal position, hugging her legs and moaning pitifully.
"What's wrong honey?" Garadin asked panicked.
Rowena only whimpered and Garadin noticed the puddle of data around her feet. Garadin knew what was going on and picked her up in his arms then carried her out of the room. Later, Dot, Bob, Matrix and the others are at the Mainframe Hospital with Garadin. Rowena is in the back struggling and losing the battle to give birth. Finally Garadin can't take it anymore and bust through the door.
"Wait, you can't go back there it's regulations!" one of the nurses said.
"I don't care my baby cakes needs me I can sense it." Garadin snapped.
Garadin started running as guards come chasing after him. Garadin burst through the door to Rowena's room, where she is slumped over the bed with her eyes rolling.
"ROWENA!!" Garadin yelled but the guards held him back.
"Get him outta here!" one of the doctors ordered.
"No... ... please... c'mere... I love you... please..." Rowena mumbled.
"Can't you see she needs me?!" Garadin yelled.
The doctors looked at one another.
"Let him in." one of them said tersely.
Garadin ran out of the guards' grip and over to Rowena.
"Hey, baby cakes I'm here." Garadin said.
"My guardian angel... please, is that, you?" Rowena asked.
"Yes dear I'm here." Garadin said.
"I'm... I'm scared..." Rowena whimpered.
"I know baby cakes but it'll be all right." Garadin said as he grasped her hand in his.
Several milliseconds later Rowena laid sleeping in a bed absolutely exhausted, while Garadin held a small baby in his hands glowing.
"Hey little one." Garadin said.
The baby gurgled in response causing Garadin to laugh. Rowena suddenly woke up.
"Garadin?" she asked.
"I'm here." Garadin replied.
Rowena looked over at him and then at the child in her hands.
"What are we going to call her?" Rowena asked.
Garadin thought for a moment.
"How about Java?" Garadin asked.
"Ooh I like that name." Rowena answered.
“I had a feeling you would baby cakes.” Garadin said.
A few seconds later Rowena and Java are home. Java is up in the nursery having some downtime. Garadin and Rowena are cuddling on the couch.
"You're hiding something from me." Rowena said.
Garadin sighed and looked away.
"Please let me in I want to be a part of your life, we're soul mates remember?" Rowena said.
Garadin sighed again.
"You don't want to know." Garadin said.
"Why not? Anything you tell me I'll never hold against you." Rowena replied.
GAradin sighed and began his long narrative.
Wow... that's... w.w..." Rowena trailed off.
"I'm sorry, baby cakes." Garadin said with tears in his eyes.
"I've never seen you cry please don't it ruins your handsome face." Rowena replied.
Garadin looked over to see her smiling.
"But... how can you look at me after what I've done? I've been lost for hours I don't know how you can not hold it against me..." Garadin asked.
"Because I love you and I always will nothing matters but that right?" Rowena said.
Garadin smiled which made Rowena smiled. Garadin pulled Rowena close to him and kissed her passionately. They kiss for seemed for eons than suddenly they are broken up by the sound of Java crying. Rowena sighed than got to her feet and went up the nursery. Rowena took Java out of the crib and sat on the rocking chair. Rowena started to rock Java back and forth. Garadin came into the nursery and sat down on the floor by the rock chair. Rowena looked at him and smiled. A few minutes later Java has gone for a downtime again. Rowena put her back into her crib. Rowena looked at Garadin and smiled. Garadin took Rowena's hand than they go to their room. Rowena fell onto the bed and stared at the ceiling. Garadin laid down next to Rowena and pulled her close. Rowena turned to face Garadin and kissed him. A few minutes they are having some downtime in each other's embrace.