Role Playing Fan Fiction ❯ Golden Apples for Raj Koothrappalli ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 

 

Next morning Howard opened his eyes And groaned, 'Oww, my head hurts!' 

'Same here,' Raj complained. 'Great time we hed yesterday, didn't we?'

'Yeah,' Howard sighed. 'Sheldon was right as always.'

'Yeah, thank Ganesh we sobered in time, or we would be much worse off now,' Raj winced.

'Don't I know it,' Howard sighed. 'Well, let's go have breakfast, shall we?'

'Absolutely,' Raj nodded emphatically.

When they came to the great hall, Sheldon, Penny And Leonard we're already sitting at their table, of course, Penny And Leo looking a little worse for the wear And Sheldon disgustingly sober And cheerful.

'Good morning, gentlemen,' Sheldon greeted them, smiling.

''Morning,' Howard And Raj grumbled. 

'What, did you have a little too much drink yesterday?' Sheldon inquired. 'Well, I can't say I'm too much surprised!'

''Yeah, whatever, tall brainy guy,' Howard grumbled.

Raj just waved his hand in defeat.

'I hope your state won't affect your marksmanship, Howard?' Sheldon asked, genuinely concerned.

'No, don't worry Sheldon, I had much less drink than I could, thanks to Leo And Penny who dragged Raj And me out of Frivolous Monkey in time,' Howard reassured him.

'Good then,' Sheldon nodded, satisfied. 'Penny, Leonard, good work caring for those two fools!'

'Why thanks, Sheldon, ' Leonard grinned.

'It's Nothing, sweetie,' Penny smiled kindly. 

'You're my two trusty aides, you know?' Sheldon said gravely.

'Oh thanks, sweetie,' Penny smiled. 

'Of course, Sheldon,' Leonard smiled broadly. 

Raj And Howard rolled their eyes. 

When they finished their breakfast, Sheldon commanded, 'All right, folks, let's go! We have No time to lose!'

Leonard, Penny, Howard And Raj rolled their eyes but nodded.

Sheldon marched out of the Fruitful Tree resolutely, And his friends followed him. Sheldon led them to the harbour, to the place where little boats were moored. Sheldon looked all the boats over meticulously and then approached one boat in which a sinewy swarthy dark haired man dressed only in a red loin cloth was sitting.

'Excuse me, my good man, will you row us to a place we want to get to?' he asked the boatman resolutely.

'Depends on where you want to go, sir,' the boatman grinned. 'There are almost No places I can't get to!'

'All right, can you row us to the Lisena Islands?' Sheldon asked. 'Don't worry, you don't have to stay there, we just need you to t get us through the reefs. We want to rid Lisena Islands of the monsters that dwell there.'

'You adventurers, eh?' the boatman grinned. 'I thought so. Three wizards And two warriors?'

'Exactly,' Sheldon nodded gravely. 'We shall pay you plenty. Will you do it?'

'Aye,' the boatman grinned. 'I'm Hayaton the Quick, And you, sir?'

'I'm Dr Sheldon Cooper,' the young Sorcerer answered calmly. 

'All right, get into the boat, Dr Cooper, And your friends too,' Hayaton waved his hand in invitation.

Sheldon nodded firmly And jumped into the boat quickly. Penny followed him And gave her hand to Leonard to help him into the boat. Howard jumped into the boat quickly too And proffered his hand to Raj. Sheldon took the place by the boatman immediately. Penny And Leonard took second bank, And Howard And Raj took the third. Hayaton untied the mooring line And pushed the boat from the pier And started rowing with two large oars vigorously.

'So Lisena Islands, aye?' he asked curiously. 'Weird place, that, they say there are all kinds of monsters on them!''

'Actually, only Moon Spawn, Shadows, Satyrs and a Hydra,' Sheldon corrected him.

'Only? Man, that's already a lot!' Hayaton exclaimed.

'Not for a band like ours,' Sheldon said proudly.

'Well, if you say so...' Hayaton said dubiously. 

Sheldon's friends just grinned.

Meanwhile, Solus was quickly becoming farther And farther, as the boat rolled on the turquoise waves. And in distance, Green hilly islands appeared And we're becoming closer And closer. Hayaton was singing some slow song in Midian that probably only Sheldon understood. Hayaton aptly maneuvered his boat between some very dangerously looking rocks with angry white crests around them, And then rowed to a sandy shore. He got as close to the shore as he could, And lowered his oars.

'All right, from here you're on your own,' Hayaton shrugged.

'We understand, Master Hayaton,' Sheldon said. 'Thank you, here is your money. Return to pick us up in about five days, will you?'

He fished in his trousers And gave Hayaton a rather large sum. Hayaton grinned And nodded.

'Good luck to you, Dr Cooper!'

'Thank you, Master Hayaton,' Sheldon bowed politely And jumped to the shore. Penny followed him And gave her hand to Leonard. Howard jumped to the shore And gave his hand to Raj. 

Once they all we're on the shore, Hayaton pushed his boat from the shore And began rowing away quickly. 

'Well, here goes our link with the land,' Howard sighed. 'No turning back now.'

'Do you want to say you we're actually considering turning back, Howard?' Sheldon frowned.

'No, of course not,' Howard sighed. 'We have to help Raj!'

'That's the spirit,' Sheldon nodded, satisfied. 'Now let's get going, folks!'

His friends nodded, And they headed away from the shore, Sheldon heading them, of course.

They didn't wander much from the shore when they saw two beings looking like sickly white large jellyfish. The beasties hissed unpleasantly And crawled to them.

'Moon Spawn,' Sheldon explained to Penny. She nodded briefly.

'Now, Leonard, Raj, prepare your spells, Howard, prepare your arrows, Penny, get your dagger ready,' Sheldon commanded.

They nodded, Howard And Penny grinned.

Howard took his Bow from behind his back, took one arrow from his quiver, notched it, aimed carefully at one Moon Spawn And let his arrow loose. It whizzed through the air And hit one Moon Spawn. It hissed in anger And pain. Howard smirked.

Sheldon drew himself to his full height And chanted, 'I unleash a Psychic Attack on this Moon Spawn for five power points!'

The ugly jellyfish writhed in pain. Sheldon smirked.

Then Penny lurched at the jellyfish and stabbed it with her dagger. The Moon Spawn hissed in pain. Penny grinned.

Then Raj stepped forward And mouthed a spell. Huge fiery sphère formed in front of him And flew at the two Moon Spawn and enveloped them in flames. When flames subsided there we're only Ashes instead of one Moon Spawn. Another Moon Spawn was singed but alive And tried to sting Penny but Penny stabbed it with her dagger, And the Moon Spawn yelped And retreated. 

Then Leonard stepped forward And chanted, 'I unleash a Psychic Attack on this Moon Spawn for five power points!' 

The Moon Spawn writhed in pain.

'You go, Leo dear!' Penny cheered. Leonard smiled gently to her.

The Moon Spawn attempted to sting Howard but he jumped aside aptly.

Then Raj mouthed a spell silently, And another huge ball of Fire formed in front of him And flew at the creepy jellyfish. It was enveloped in flames. When the flames subdued the Moon Spawn was singed even more than it was but still alive.

'Damn, those jellyfish things are tough bastards!' Penny frowned.

'Yes, unfortunately,' Sheldon sighed.

Then he drew himself to his full height And chanted, 'I cast Confusion on this Moon Spawn for one power point!'

The Moon Spawn flopped around, disoriented.

Howard notched another arrow quickly And aptly, aimed carefully And let his arrow loose. It whizzed through the air And hit the ugly jellyfish. It hissed in pain.

Then Penny lurched forward And stabbed the Moon Spawn with her large big dagger. The ugly thing writhed a bit And then stopped moving.

'Phew!' Penny grinned. 'Got the big ugly at last!'

'You're so brave And strong, Penny my dear,' Leonard smiled gently.

'Aww, thank you, Leo dear,' Penny said tenderly, embraced And kissed him.

Howard whistled, Raj shed a tear And Sheldon just looked calmly at the young lovers.

'Well, Raj, Leonard And I need to sleep now to restore our powers,' Sheldon stated. 'Raj spent all has power on these two Fire balls And Leonard And I spent enough of it that we need restoring it also. Penny, Howard, guard us while we sleep.'

'Sure thing,' Howard grinned.

'All right sweetie,' Penny nodded.

Sheldon settled neatly in the grass under a tree, put one hand under his head And started snoring gently. Leonard sighed And settled hear him in an awkward heap. Raj looked around, sighed gently And settled awkwardly near his two friends. 

Penny looked at Howard.

'How much time do they need to restore their power?' she asked curiously.

''Well, they recover one power point for two hours of sleep, so Shelly And Leo need to sleep for ten hours, And Raj for 16,' Howard sighed.

'Shelly?' Penny grinned. 'You call him that? How cute!'

'Not when he can hear it,' Howard grinned. 'He would tell that only his mum And sister call him Shelly. And guess what his grandma calls him? Moonpie, because he's so yummy she could eat him!'

'Moonpie? That's even more cute than Shelly!' Penny grinned. 

'Yeah, but only his grandma can call him that,' Howard smirked.

'Oh, we'll see,' Penny grinned. Howard smirked.

'Wait, Shelly has a sister?' Penny smiled broadly. 

'Yes, Melissa, she's his fraternal twin,' Howard nodded grinning. 'She lives back in Medford, she's a barmaid.'

'And where's Sheldon's father?' Penny asked curiously.

'Oh, his father, George Cooper, died when Sheldon was about 14 And studied in Heidelberg,' Howard sighed. 

'Oh, I didn't know that,' Penny winced. 'Poor dear!'

'Yeah,' Howard sighed.

 

Later in the day Sheldon opened his eyes And yawned, 'Mmmm...'

'Good afternoon, Shelly,' Penny grinned.

'No one calls me that but my mum And Mellie!' Sheldon protested. 'Wait, what! Howard, you told her!?'

'Oh Yeah, ' Howard smirked.

'And not only about that, Moonpie,' Penny grinned. 

'Oh bother!' Sheldon winced. Penny grinned.

'What in the Hades is this awful racket!?' Leonard asked opening his eyes with some effort.

'Howard told me that our Shelly is such a yummy Moonpie that I could eat him,' Penny grinned broadly. 

'Oh, that,' Leonard grinned.

Sheldon just grimaced. By this time Raj also woke up And was grinning broadly. 

'Whatever,' Sheldon grimaced. 'If you had enough sleep let's move forwards, people!'

Leonard And Raj nodded And Rose. They all trundled forwards, headed by Sheldon.

They didn't walk for long through dense shrubbery when they we're met by a band of very angry Satyrs waving their Spears And howling in a very warlike way.

'Damn! Satyrs? They're a tough lot,' Penny sighed.

'Not for wizards, Penny,' Sheldon said proudly.

'If you say so, Shelly,' Penny smirked. Sheldon huffed.

Raj stepped forward And mouthed a spell. The huge fiery ball formed in front of him, flew at the Satyrs And enveloped them in flames. When the flames subsided there were ashes instead of three of the Satyrs. 

'Wow, Raj sweetie, that was great!' Penny cheered. Raj smiled shyly.

Howard took his longbow from behind his back, took one arrow, notched it, aimed carefully And let the arrow loose. It whizzed through the air And hit one Satyr in his belly. The Satyr howled with pain. Howard smirked. 

Then Leonard chanted, 'I unleash a Psychic Attack on this Satyr for five power points!'

One Satyr yelled with pain And dropped to the ground.

'Way to go, Leo sweetie!' Penny cheered.

Leonard smiled shyly.

One Satyr lurched at Sheldon but Sheldon jumped aside quickly. 

Penny lurched at the Satyr with wounded belly And stabbed him in the neck with her dagger. The Satyr yelled in pain And dropped to the ground.

Then Sheldon chanted in his drawl, 'I unleash a Psychic Attack on this Satyr for five power points!' The last Satyr yelped in pain And dropped to the ground.

'You go, Shelly sweetie!' Penny cheered.

Sheldon grimaced but said, 'Why thanks Penny!'

Penny grinned to him.

They walked away, leaving the Satyrs to their own devices.

'And we need to rest again,' Sheldon stated.

'All right,' Penny sighed. 'Ten hours for Leo And you And eight for Raj?'

'Yes,' Sheldon said concisely. Penny nodded.

As the three wizards napped on the grass, Howard And Penny looked at them smiling.

'Howard, how many languages you know?' Penny asked curiously.

'Er, let me see, Minean, Uberwaldean, Gallian, Midian, Khettim, Polonian, Cimmerian,' Howard grinned.

'Wow, that's really impressive,' Penny smiled broadly. 

'Why thanks,' Howard smirked. 

'Tell me something in Polonian, I travelled with Bernie but I know only her pet name in Polonian, Benia, szlag which is like 'shit' or 'rubbish', ' nie spod sroce ogona wypadlam', which means approximately  'Like Hell you are!', And Lopa which is short for Penelope in Polonian.'

'Lopa, Eh?' Howard smirked. 'Lopo, jestes moja ksieznicka! Which means, Penny, you are my princess!'

'Just No, Howard sweetie,' Penny grinned. 'I'm taken now, you know.'

'Well, I tried,' Howard grinned. 

'Howard, really, how did you become a Hunter?' Penny asked. 

'Well, I wanted to see the world And to impress ladies,' Howard confessed grinning. 'I succeeded with the first, not so much with the last.'

'I see,' Penny sighed.

'But hey, if that Lady, Letitia, was right, I have hope yet,' Howard grinned. 

'Oh, sweetie, I'm sure you do,' Penny smiled kindly.