Role Playing Fan Fiction ❯ Golden Apples for Raj Koothrappalli ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 

Some four days And countless bands of Moon Spawn, Satyrs And Shadows later, they saw what they sought. Lots of beautiful large apple trees with wrinkled golden boughs, golden leaves And large golden apples. They were seen through huge old gates with intricate metalwork And over a tall stone wall in which the gates were.

'Well, it's our destination,' Sheldon sighed. 

'I see,' Howard grinned. 

Leonard, Penny and Raj nodded smiling wearily.

And at this very moment a band of Shadows formed in front of them. Shadows we're nasty things, human Shadows come to life, they could drain life energy which they added to theirs, And we're invulnerable to mundane weapons, that is, not magic ones, as Sheldon took care to explain. The damn things disguised themselves as usual Shadows to creep up to people. There were five of the damn things.

'Oh crap,' Penny muttered.

'Howard, Penny, get behind Leonard, Raj And I,' Sheldon commanded. 'Leonard, Raj, prepare your spells, Howard, Penny, do your best to evade the Shadows' Attacks!'

'All right, Shelly,' Penny grinned. Leonard,  Raj And Howard just nodded.

Sheldon, Leonard And Raj faced the Shadows, Howard And Penny stood behind the three young wizards. 

Raj mouthed a spell silently. The huge fiery ball formed in front of him, flew to the Shadows And enveloped them in flames. When the flames subsided there were only two Shadows left. One Shadow lurched at Raj but he jumped aside quickly. 

Then Sheldon drew to his full height And chanted, 'I unleash a Psychic Attack on one of these Shadows for five power points!'

One Shadow yelped in pain. Sheldon smirked proudly.

Then Leonard chanted, 'I unleash a Psychic Attack on one of these Shadows for five power points!'

Another Shadow yelped in pain. Leonard smiled proudly.

One of the Shadows lurched at Penny but she dodged it nimbly.

Raj mouthed another spell silently, And a fiery dart formed in front of him And flew at the two Shadows. It hit them And they we're enveloped by flames. When the flames subsided there we're no Shadows left.

'Whew!' Penny breathed out, ran to Leonard And kissed him passionately. He blushed deeply but answered her eagerly. 

'Aww,' Raj breathed. Howard smirked. And Sheldon just looked calmly at them.

When Leonard And Penny parted to breathe, Sheldon glanced at them And said, 'Well, we need to rest. There's a Hydra in that garden, we shall need all our energy And strength to fight it.'

His friends nodded soberly. 

Sheldon, Leonard And Raj curled on the grass And fell asleep. Howard And Penny guarded them, as always.

 

Sheldon yawned, opened his eyes And patted Leonard on the shoulder.

'Eh?' Leonard opened his eyes. 'Oh, good morning, Sheldon.'

'Good morning, Leonard,' Sheldon smiled gently.

Raj opened his large dark eyes And yawned, 'Good morning, gentlemen!'

'Good morning, Raj friend,' Leonard smiled gently.

'Good morning, Raj,' Sheldon said evenly. 'Today is a great day for you And all of us!'

'Yeah, I remember,' Raj sighed. 

They rose And walked to the great gate. Howard And Penny followed them.

Sheldon looked at the gate. Naturally, there was a large lock on it, And No key in sight.

'Lemme see,' Penny grinned. She fished in her blouse, produced a master key And put it into the keyhole. She turned it And the lock clicked open.

'Here you go!' she grinned.

Sheldon pushed one Leaf of the gate forcefully. It creaked open. The five adventurers slipped in.

They saw beautiful powerful golden apple trees And a huge three headed Green Hydra sitting under them. As the Hydra saw them it roared violently And stomped towards them.

'Leonard, Raj, prepare your spells, Howard, prepare your arrows, Penny, get your dagger ready!' Sheldon commanded. His friends nodded briefly.

Raj mouthed a spell silently. The huge fireball formed in front of him And flew at the Hydra. The Hydra, enveloped in flames, roared in pain. When the flames subsided the Hydra was very singed. Then Leonard chanted, 'I unleash a Psychic Attack on this Hydra for five power points!'

The Hydra roared in pain And one head hung down, lifeless. Leonard smiled proudly.

'Way to go, Leonard, sweetie!' Penny cheered. 

Then Howard aimed carefully And let his arrow loose. It hit one of the remaining two heads in one eye. The Hydra roared in pain And thrashed the wounded head.

Sheldon drew himself to his full height And chanted in his drawl, 'I unleash a Psychic Attack on this Hydra for five power points!'

Another head roared in pain. Sheldon smirked proudly.

One head lurched at Penny but she dodged And stabbed it in the remaining eye. It hung down lifeless.

'All right, people, two down, one to go, give it your all!' Sheldon commanded. His friends nodded vigorously.

The remaining head attempted to snap at Sheldon but he jumped away quickly.

Sheldon chanted, 'I cast Confusion on this Hydra for one power point!'

The Hydra bobbed it's head in confusion. 

Raj mouthed a spell, And a huge fiery ball formed in front of him And flew at the Hydra. It was enveloped in flames again, hissed in pain, And when the flames subsided the Hydra was even more charred than before.

Howard notched another arrow, aimed leisurely And let the arrow loose. It whizzed through the air And hit the Hydra in one yellow eye. The Hydra hissed in pain. Howard smirked. 

Then Penny jumped And stabbed the Hydra in it's remaining eye. The Hydra dropped to the ground,  thrashed, And went still.

Penny whooped. Leonard darted to her And kissed her soundly. Penny answered him eagerly.

When they parted for breath, Sheldon looked at Raj.

'Well, Dr Koothrappalli, all is in your hands now,' he said evenly. 'Just pick one of these beautiful apples from a tree And wish with all your might to gain more Grace, And it's done.'

Raj looked at him, unsure.

'Go And do it, sweetie,' Penny smiled. 'Don't you want to speak with me?'

Raj looked at her, nodded resolutely and walked to the nearest golden apple tree. He gripped the lowest hanging golden apple in his hand, closed his eyes And focused. Then he tore the apple off the branch, took a deep breath And bit into it. 

'Well?' Penny grinned.

'It's so delicious, Penny!' Raj smiled And then gasped. 'Penny? I'm sober And I can talk to you, this is marvellous! Oh Penny, you're so sweet, you supported me all this time! Oh Penny, Leo is so fortunate to have you!'

'I think we all are,' Sheldon smiled gently.

'You're right as always, Sheldon,' Howard grinned.

And Leonard kissed Penny again, tenderly, to which she answered eagerly again.

'Well, it's time to go back to the continent,' Sheldon stated. 'Master Hayaton will be waiting for us any time now.'

'Right,' Leonard sighed. 

They trundled back to the sandy shore. Hayaton in his little boat was already waiting for them, grinning.

'Good morning,' Hayaton greeted them merrily.

'Good morning, Master Hayaton,' Sheldon said evenly.

'Ready to go back?' Hayaton grinned.

'Yes,' Sheldon nodded briefly. 'We defeated all the Satyrs, Moon Spawn, Shadows And the Hydra.'

'Good, good,' Hayaton grinned. 'Now, get into my boat!'

Sheldon nodded gravely And jumped into Hayaton's boat. Penny jumped next And offered her hand to Leonard to help him into the boat. When Leonard got into the boat, Howard jumped into the boat next And have his hand to his best friend. 

When they all were seated, Sheldon on the front bank with Hayaton, as before, Hayaton pushed his little vessel from the shore forcefully and started rowing vigorously. He passed the dangerous rocks And steered into the open sea. Solus was becoming nearer And nearer as they bobbed on the turquoise waves And Hayaton was singing his song. To everyone's surprise Raj was trying to sing along with him though he didn't know any Midian and it made his friends laugh.

Hayaton steered into the Outer Harbour by Queen Dido's statue.

'What an amazing Lady! ' Raj observed looking at her with a gentle smile.

'Aye, the greatest Queen that we had,' Hayaton nodded smiling.

Raj nodded smiling softly. His friends smiled looking at him.

Hayaton steered to the pier where his vessel was usually moored, put down the oars And threw the mooring line. When his boat was safely moored, Hayaton grinned, 'Well, that's it, Dr Cooper, goodbye.'

'Goodbye, Master Hayaton,' Sheldon smiled gently And jumped to the pier. Penny And Howard followed him quickly. Penny gave her hand to her Leonard And Howard to his best friend. When they all were on the pier they smiled And waved at Hayaton. Hayaton waved back at them And grinned broadly.

When they left the area of the piers they noticed in amazement that people we're cheering loudly at them when they we're passing by. They stared at first. Then Sheldon thought a bit And then drew himself to his full considerable height, grinned proudly And waved to the passers by. His friends stared at him then understood. Howard grinned And started waving too. Penny grinned And blew some kisses at the crowd. Leonard smiled shyly, And so did Raj.

'So Master Hayaton told everyone where we went,' Leonard sighed.

'Yes, And now we should expect _a lot_ of work,' Sheldon smiled smugly.

Penny, Raj And Howard rolled their eyes.