Romance Fan Fiction / Horror Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Vampire Moon ❯ Chapter 1 (part 2) ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Aneko, Aneko! Stay awake!” He stopped shaking her and allowed ideas to go through his head.
He held onto her, “It didn't look that bad” he thought to himself.
Now Aneko's body shook as if in shock. Kaoru lifted her shirt up half way to examine her wound. Slowly he skimmed his hand over her ribs to check if they were injured. There were three that were cracked in two places. He grabbed the nearest sheet and ripped it into long thin strips. Steadily, he wrapped it around her chest to hold the ribs in place to heal correctly. Her body twitched a bit.
Her shoulder wound was bound tightly to stop the bleeding.
“You really are a mess.” He thought to himself. He then noticed that her skin was getting paler. He had a gut feeling that if he doesn't get her immediate help she was going to die. In his four centuries of life, he had seen a lot of death. The first couple times it really affected him. After a while he only had small stabs of guilt overwhelm him. Somehow something was telling him to save this person.
However he only knew only one way to give her immediate help. That was what really scared him. Cautiously he looked to see if the door was closed. He then listened carefully if no one was near by. It was safe. He hated the thought of having to do this. However, something deep down told him to save this girl.
“What's so special about this girl?” he wondered annoyed. Finally he decided that he would keep it a secret, from both her and the others. “But, why me? This is way too much, it's already bad enough that I let her come into this house…and she's been here for more than 3 days and only I know about it!”
He looked down at her face again, and swallowed hard. A bead of sweat rolled down his face. He took a quick look around to make sure that no one was near. Slowly he lifted Aneko's neck closer to his face. He opened his mount and his canine teeth sharpened and shot out, a drop of blood layered each of them.
“God, I'm sorry for this!” he exhaled sharply and bit down on her neck. He allowed the blood that layered his fangs to drip into the bite. Aneko's body jerked as he sank his teeth into her. Tears dripped down the sides of her face. Finally Kaoru let go. The bite had taken a lot of energy from him, but, that didn't stop him from lifting Aneko's unconscious body up and onto the bed.
He felt so exhausted that he couldn't even step out of the room. “She won't wake up for a couple hours,” he though yawning, “I guess it won't hurt to take a short nap.” His knees hit the floor and the top half his body hit the bed. He was too tired to make himself comfortable, so he fell asleep at once.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Is there a place between sleep, and awake? A place where there is neither light nor dark; neither happiness nor malice. Well, wherever or whatever that was, Aneko was in it. It was dark, however light illuminated from bellow her feet. In the middle of this thing she felt a pain and wetness on her neck. Instinctively her hand touched the area; nothing…just her own skin. Energy, as warm as the sun kissing one's face, surged her body like the blood in her veins. It pained her but felt good in the same time. Aneko wanted it to last forever; she didn't want it to stop. However, there was a sound coming from the end of the dark place. Not a tune, not a noise, but a simple sound. Aneko walked towards it, it was as if her feet were moving on their own. A small light in the distance became a large fluid that drowned the darkness entirely. Aneko was awake.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Kaoru still slept soundlessly in the bed. What were supposed to be a few minutes stretched into long hours. Aneko's hands twitched and began to curl and flex. Moaning her head turned sideways. Her hands felt what was left of the covers and her eyes flew open. She recognized the top cover of the four poster bed, but she didn't remember getting back into it. Groaning she sat up, and knelt on the bed.
Aneko finally realized that Kaoru was lying on the bed, part of him. Heat rushed to her cheeks as she blushed from the look of the handsome Kaoru sleeping peacefully next to where her body used to be. She slowly climbed off of the bed not to disturb him by the creaking of the mattress. She bent down to where his legs were and wrapped her arms around them. Precisely she hoisted the rest of Kaoru's body back on the bed. His body didn't even twitch, his mouth simply made a small smile revealing one of his fangs. However, he was still sound asleep. Aneko sighed in relief.
Slowly she walked around the room trying not to disturb Kaoru's sleep. The room still didn't change from the last time that she took a long good gaze at it. She felt a little shaky standing on her feet again after not doing so for so long. Thoughts went through her mind as her gaze shifted to the closed door.
“Are there really other vampires in this mansion?” she though a bit frightened. “Should I or should I now go out while I still have the chance? I'm hungry and if I stay here any longer I might go crazy!”
Ever so slowly, she decided to take the chance, Aneko tip-toed towards the door. The blood in her body began to pump faster and faster with both eagerness and fright. It was the fright of Kaoru waking up and making her stay in the room all alone again. Her trembling fingers touched the door knob; the coldness of the brass calmed her down. Slowly she turned the knob and pulled the heavy door. Halfway open the hinges creaked loudly. Aneko's face went white as she looked behind her ever so slowly. The sound of the creaking door echoed in her ears. She felt a breath on her neck.
“Going somewhere young lady?” asked the voice.
It was Kaoru's eyes which hers stared at. She realized that she had been holding her breath the whole time and her legs were shaking in shock.
“If you open those beautiful eyes any wider you might loose them.” Kaoru grumbled looking away. Aneko's legs gave away and she fell knees first to the ground. Kaoru, thinking that she was still a little weak, sighed, picked her up and sat her into the bed again. Aneko couldn't struggle because her body what still frozen from shock.
“Are you okay?” Kaoru looked at her with one eye brow up.
Aneko finally snapped out of it and shook her head. She crawled towards him really slowly. Kaoru's face was filled with alarm. She grabbed his face and brought is close. A bead of sweat rolled down Kaoru's face.
“What is she doing? I hope I didn't change her!” Kaoru thought panicking as Aneko's face got closer. Their noses were just touching the tip.
“Food,” she mumbled with a sigh. Kaoru looked at her confused. Aneko tightened the grip on his head and began to shake it, “FOOD, I…NEED…FOOD!!!” she yelled in his face.
Kaoru sighed in relief and began to laugh.
“It's not funny I haven't eaten in weeks!” she cried out.
Kaoru stopped laughing and froze. “Weeks, she was only here for a couple days! Come to think of it she is very thin. Doesn't she have a family, someone to take care of her?” He thought with more confusion.
“I have been on the run for a long time now. I don't even know what the date is anymore. I have been chased for as long and I can remember.” Aneko's face saddened when she said this.
“You don't have a home, who's chasing you?” Kaoru asked getting interested. This took Aneko back for a second.
“No, no home. I'm all alone. I used to live in an orphanage when I was about 6. Those memories are a bit faded. One day a man came and claimed to be my father. He signed a form and shoved me into a car. I don't remember much but there were a lot of other men in there, and they began to inject shots and hoses into me. I didn't understand much about what they were saying. Constantly they said, `she's perfect' and `this is it'. It scared me a lot. When they began to take out knives and scissors I panicked and quickly thought of someway to get out of there. I told them I need to really badly go to the bathroom. So they stopped they said `we must let her go' and `we cannot have too much stress on the organs'. So they let me go, they didn't follow me. I went into the restroom which was in a gas station. There was a hidden back door so I could escape.”
Aneko swallowed at the memory. Her eyes became moist and seemed distant. Kaoru's expression was full of interest. This disturbed Aneko a bit. However, she continued.
“I escaped from there. My dilemma then was where to go next. I knew that another orphanage was out of the question, they would track me down again. So, my only solution was to survive on my own I couldn't make friends with anyone, and I couldn't be close to anybody. I had to know things that a regular person should know so I managed to sneak into schools and learn. I had such an urge to know as much as I could so I worked very hard. By the time I was eleven I had the reading level of a college student and a math level of a high-schooler. In the summer I would live in the schools and go through teachers' papers and read in the libraries. For food I would find what I could in the cafeterias, and staff rooms. There wasn't enough so I taught myself to pick complex locks and how to break computer codes. So I even grabbed from the vending machines. I knew that this was stealing so I did repay them for all that I used and took. I created practice sheets for teachers, decorated rooms, painted a couple walls to make the school more colorful, and I helped to clean and organize some rooms. I left notes and a letter in the main office telling them what I had done and the thank them.” Aneko began to smile. Kaoru gulped with anxiety. It was the first time he'd seen her smile. She continued to speak.
“I even remember the headlines in newspapers about me. I was a mystery person. After the 5th school I was on the news. But after that the schools had hall monitors in the summer incase I came. There was only one place to go; the Library.” Aneko sighed at the memories that flashed through her mind, a sigh of happy ones. Kaoru sat at the edge of his seat now with interest. “It was the only place out of all of them that I felt like I was home. Before the library would close I would hide in the supply closet until it was dark. I read at night and eventually fell asleep. Luckily they had an alarm so I wouldn't get caught sleeping in the morning. I got food from the librarian's office, and all was fine for about one and a half years.” She paused and her eyes became distant, swirls of memories controlled her eyes. Kaoru's “heart” skipped a beat, his curiosity rose as never before.
Unusual feelings and emotions exploded in Kaoru's mind. The need to know more about Aneko besides her past was itching at the back of his mind. Watching her lips move and express tales of good and bad experiences made him emotionally unstable. To control this hunger took him great self-control. Mists upon mists filled Aneko's eyes as her thoughts wandered elsewhere. Slowly and with ever such grace, he reached his hand out to her. His intentions where to nudge her to go on with her tale however, she saw at the corner of her eye the movement of his arm and she shifted her seating and felt uncomfortable. Kaoru's fingertips didn't make contact at all for he retracted it from the realization of her change in openness, only to reach out again to pat her hand just to let her know that every thing was okay. Aneko didn't make eye contact but only hid her smiling face. Sadness washed over her face once again.
Suddenly, Kaoru's head twitched as he heard the high pitched moan of the door at the far end of the room. As fast as a strong wind, in the vision of a blur he was at the door scowling.
“Looks like Kaoru brought home a snack and didn't leave some for the rest of us.”, Said a sneaky voice.
“Forget about snack,” Said a closer voice.
“This one is a Christmas dinner.”, Finished another voice quite similar to the one before however, on the opposite side.
“This one smells like it's been here for a while.”, said a deep toned voice at the other end of the room.
“What's the matter Kaoru? Didn't master ever tell you not to play with your food?” said a voice that sent chills up Aneko's spine. Instinctive fright almost made her faint.
“K…K…Kaoru….” She stuttered.
“Eh?!?” All of the vampires cried out, “Your meal even knows your name?”