Romance Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction / Fables/Fairytales Fan Fiction ❯ Slowly Disapear ❯ Tiny miracles ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ashlin floated above the ground, hovering. Her blue fairy wings fluttered for a moment before she descended. Her dress coiled around her in ruffles and waves and the light blue ethereal fabric accented her auburn waist length hair that was currently held back in two floppy braids. She outstretched her arms and grasped Ari's face, gently lifting her chin.
 
Ari's green eyes reflected the radiance surrounding Ashlin and shines bounced brightly off of her tears that still threatened to fall out. Blue eyes searched green and soon both were smiling, one with tears streaming down her face and the other looking upon with a kind smile.
 
“You and I are not different at all.” It was just a whisper, a reassurance but Ashlin's voice gave it so much more feeling then any human could ever manage.
 
Slowly Ashlin released the girls chin and backed away, her arms were still outreached and a powerful wind filled the circle within the trees.
 
Û°Û°Û°
 
Grass blades danced in merriment and tree swayed to a rhyme as old and familiar as time. The pixies let themselves be carried on the wind, riding the currents, but all the while keeping their gazes upon Ari.
 
The once blue sky became overruled with thunderheads, blocking the afternoon sun. The smell and coppery zing of magic filled the air, coloring the air with a metallic taste. Flowers popped out of the ground feeding upon the uncontrolled magic before disappearing, wilting and dieing as Ashlin drew the magic in and directed it towards Ari.
 
The grass blew apart and the magic quickly grew visible as it speed from the Pixie's hands towards Ari.
 
Crackling and leaving a melody in the air it soon reached Ari, blinding her.
 
The girl cringed and had to stop herself from running in fear, fear of an attack, of pain, of betrayal. But she to worry not for the flying ball of energy stopped just a mere hair from her.
 
Slowly and cautiously it advanced forward spreading and forming over her skin.
 
Û°Û°Û°
 
Ari's claws grew and clenched at the earth in fear as the unfamiliar feel of magic slid across her skin, hugging her like a second skin. It moved almost as though it was a living breathing thing with organized thought. It easily squeezed through the crevices under here knees on her folded legs that were beginning to cramp.
 
Ari's eyes were squeezed shut and her sharp canine was visible on her bottom lip as she nervously gnawed at it, anticipating anything and everything.
 
The feeling of the magic on her skin did not fade; it was simply stationary, unmoving and quickly growing warm until it was barely noticeable against her bare skin.
 
Ari's eyes were still closed but no longer squeezed and wrinkled; now she looked as though she was waiting for something.
 
Her waiting silence was answered by a collection of gasps and claps.
 
Ari's eyes quickly snapped open in alarm and wonder, she did not have to look far to discover that they were all looking at her. Even the squirrels that had been stocking acorns and the owls that were once resting were now looking her their heads cocked to one side.
 
Looking down green eyes widened in amazement before once again filling with tears.
 
Laughing in joy she drew her arms from the earth and raised her self on unsteady legs. Wind flowed around her carrying her hair in a whirlwind and her laughter echoed through the clearing.
 
Her feet barely on the ground Ari twirled, arms out, mouth wide in enjoyment, eyes filled with thanks, she turned her gaze towards the sky and let loose one more laugh; an amazing sound dancing like a bell weaving and wavering, even more enchanting then Ashlin's own voice.
 
Û°Û°Û°
 
The pixies laughed in merriment, watching the wolf ling dance like the grass blades.
 
The magic had been a simple gift from Ashlin, a simple yet amazing gift. For pixies do not give boons easily, not even Sir Mallot had been gifted with something of this magnitude.
 
The magic had been formed for the purpose to give Ari something to remember the pixies by; Ashlin had not chosen what form it would take.
 
Like the air it had flowed over her and solidified leaving behind a work of art.
 
It was of the deepest green, matching the forest itself, the lace was of the most beautiful brown and hair ribbons wove through Ari's hair, a light sea-foam green. The dress had a high waist just below her chest, marked by a deep brown ribbon that was adorned with Peridot, which shone with light and reflected deep pools of green. The hem of the dress ended just above the knees with a wide skirt allowing free movement. The sleeves were long, over lapping her hands but were open with a slit traveling up from the end to just past her elbow. They were embroidered with jade beards no bigger then Ari's fingernail.
 
Her feet were bear but see-through green tinted leggings ended right at her ankle, disappearing under her dress.
 
Û°Û°Û°
 
Other pixie kind bowed before her beauty and animals flocked to the edge of the clearing to look upon her, hidden carefully in the underbrush of berry shrubs almost invisible.
 
Ari stopped twirling to gaze questionably at the pixies, most importantly Ashlin. But Ashlin was no longer facing her.
 
“Tuathla, be a dear and travel up to the highest branch and draw three Aconite sprigs from the Elder please.” Ashlin's voice called out and in answering a blond haired girl pixie in the back closest to the tree bowed before taking off from the air stream with a mighty flap of her wings.
 
High up her weightless body soared, purple wings moving majestically. It was not long before she was out of site within the tree's branches. Ashlin turned back to Ari.
 
“It will be getting dark soon; you will do good to hurry back to Sir Mallot's I fear it will rain like it has not in a long time, not since the joining the lost daughter Eyla to her mother after many years.” Noticing Ari's questioning stare she continued in explanation, “Tis' an old pixie legend passed down for generations, the telling a half pixie half human dieing and returning to her mother, who was a pixie, to learn of her heritage, alas it is a fair sad story indeed and I will tell it to you sometime but not now I fear.”
 
With her hands by her side Ari nodded and mumbled an okay before once again inspecting her dress, such a beautiful gift, she couldn't help but fell that Ashlin was trying to tell her something.
 
The pixies began to dissipate in preparations for the incoming storm. It was long before Tuathla, carrying three bright blue hooded flowers, came gliding down from the mighty branches of the tree; she stopped in front of Ari.
 
Not quite sure what to do Ari clasped both hands together palm up and held them underneath the pixie, who in turn dropped the flowers in her hand and mumbled a quick bye before scurrying back to her home amongst the mighty tree's leaves.