Romance Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction / Fables/Fairytales Fan Fiction ❯ Slowly Disapear ❯ Fallen to fever ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Won't you join u-“His voice broke off on an unsure note, sensing the fear that rolled off her in waves.
 
He had smelled wolf, but this girl looked none the part. Her eyes were wide in fear, their emerald depths sparkling. He could visibly see her shaking, her fiery hair sticking to her pale, and freckled face. Deathly blue lips gapped open but nothing came out. Not moments later she began to fall.
 
“Sir Mallot!”, The stranger called as he caught the fevered girl.
 
Û°Û°Û°
 
Blackness all around her, empty space she wandered. Who was she, why was she here?
 
Off in the distance echoing through the blankness, were those voices? Emerald eyes widened in the darkness, there was no light yet she could see, a glow appeared to float around her.
 
Suddenly she was falling, screaming but not releasing a sound mouth open wide in a soundless plea for help, for remembrance, and for the strength to save herself. From what she did not know.
 
Û°Û°Û°
 
“H-help me…” A raspy voice escaped past pale, cracked lips, blood seeping from a new wound upon them. Hands gripped an orange blanket, breath quickened, her fever rose.
 
Sir Mallot looked at her in desperation, his hand reaching to grip hers. They had to ride her fever out.
 
She began to whimper.
 
Û°Û°Û°
 
She was floating now, being held in thin air, red hair floated around her face and her arms rose slightly. Bare feet pointed towards, something, ground, more blackness? Like sinking through water her plain white large t-shirt moved around her and she landed. Standing on a platform of darkness she waited.
Surrounded by darkness.
 
Û°Û°Û°
 
“How is she?” His voiced was strained and the Blond haired alpha looked his way, blue eyes holding little worry.
 
“Her fever has yet to break Sir Mallot, you should still be asleep, and don't even begin to argue with me; you stayed with her last night, now it's my turn, I'll wake you up when it gets dark.”
 
Sir Mallot stared worriedly at Ari, before turning from the Blond alpha and returning to his room.
 
The image of her pale face drenched in sweat and her breath seeping past broken lips, any chance of sleep gone.
 
Û°Û°Û°
 
Wolf ling.
 
A whisper, no a scream. Pain flaring white hot. She screamed, hands flying to her ears, but to no avail the voiced echoed through her head, she fell to her knees caving under the pressure of the voice with no body.
 
Do you know who you are?
 
She screamed again.
 
The pain disappeared, her eyes opened shining green upon a makeshift world. The scenery had changed. Light in her blackness.
 
A wall of white, she had reached a barrier. Thousands of screams came from the other side, pleading to be released. Her own voice screaming surrounded her, yet she herself made not a sound.
 
Let's find out who you are then, wolf ling. You cannot run forever.
 
No pain assaulted her this time. She was being drawn towards the vast glowing wall that faded into the blackness. Her arms lifted, palms landed flat against a solid surface. A doorway formed blinding blackness in blinding white.
 
A flood gate set loose.
Û°Û°Û°
 
Her steady breathes hitched, then stopped all together.
 
Blue eyes widened in panic. Lifting his head he gasped. Golden wings, large and shimmering slowly became visible. There yet never quite solid. Disappearing with her beginning breathes, tears stole from her eyes.
 
Û°Û°Û°
 
This is who you are.
 
Memories, painful memories. That's what the wall held behind it. She recalled her name.
 
Ari.
 
The voice's whispers no longer hurt but they brought the weight of sadness and famine, she bared the weight of her memories, all at once on skinny pale shoulders.
 
Her entire life was playing through her head. She couldn't shut her eyes, she couldn't turn her head. All the beatings, the tortures thrust in her face, leaving no way out. Tears burst forth and her eyes squeezed shut. The memories only came faster.
 
Her fifth birthday party, there she was all dressed up and forced to wander through the woods, no food, no survival skills had been taught to her by her severe father. This was his lesson.
 
She remembered thinking she deserved it, to be abandoned in the woods, starving for a week. She still loved her father then, he had not broken her.
 
She hugged him when he came to find her, her eyes thin and watery, her hair tangled and her lip bloodied in one corner. She had been punished.
 
More and more memories flashed on and on, never letting up in their forever torment of her soul. Her tears feel freely now.
 
She was damaged, broken. Not worth fixing. She opened her heart to the memories, drawing in their essence, her soul.
 
She knew who she was, she could no longer hide from her past, and she couldn't run from her pain. She would accept it and grow. She would mend herself.
Û°Û°Û°
 
He couldn't believe it, he checked again.
 
Her fever had broken. He called for Sir Mallot.
 
Û°Û°Û°
 
Be strong
Live long
To your heart be true
Through and through
 
Wolf ling don't cry
I'll sing you a lullaby
Here you're loved
One day you'll be someone's beloved
 
So don't tear up
Let you smile lift up
Be free wolf ling
Know you're loved by me
 
A smile graced pink lips and she hummed happily to herself. She found her self laughing a real laugh for the first time since her fifth birthday party. She had grown.
 
This was how the voice found her. Laughing and signing with an angel's voice.
 
Do you know who you are?
 
Again it asked. She had an answer this time.
 
“I am a wolf ling, running from nothing but running for the sake of running. I am Ari Larim, bastard daughter of Luke Larim, a horrible father who will one day die and get what he deserves. The question is who you are.” The smile still graced her lips and slowly her appearance began to change, she was herself again. The dress was the one Ashlin gave to her, the magic glowed brightly here, protecting her.
 
You have learned from your fear, I will answer you. I am your soul, I am the part of you that has forever and will forever be tainted by the darkness harbored from all you pain. One day I will glow white as an angels feather. One day you will be free of your pain.
 
Before she could respond, the smile no longer on her lips, she began to be pulled. She was being rushed towards light. Sound came to her ears.