Romance Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction / Fables/Fairytales Fan Fiction ❯ Slowly Disapear ❯ Eoin ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

There it was again, the smell of alpha. Swiftly it crossed her mind that she should be afraid, she should run, but she felt none of the familiar old fear she had grown so accustomed to having. She felt nothing but weariness; her body ached all over; quite resembling the pain she had felt after running away from her old pack.
 
Her body was encased in layers of hot blankets, making her sweat as she just laid there.
 
“When did her fever break?” Sir Mallot's voice was weak, and colored with exhaustion. Ari kept her eyes closed, resting for a brief moment before she would have to open them to the fierce light she could feel warming her eyelids.
 
“Not to long ago, though she may be out for several more hours, she's fine now. Just resting, like you should be doing, I can see the bags underneath your eyes.” The most soothing voice she had ever heard spread through the room and caressed every corner and cranny.
 
“I disagree Eoin, I must stay. I do not wish to think what kind of panic will set in for Ari should she wake up alone with an Alpha in her room, she has fear of regular werewolves as it is.” She heard Sir Mallot's feet begin to shuffle towards her bed, and the rubbing sound caused by the chair as the stranger Alpha, now known as Eoin, got up and began to walk towards the door.
 
Û°Û°Û°
 
Green eyes open to dust swirling in beams of light, her eyelashes black eyelashes bushed against pale cheeks and began to breathe through her nose, closing her mouth off to the dust.
 
She could hear Sir Mallot begin to seat down next to her in a straight back chair, he had noticed she awake yet.
 
Startling Eoin and Sir Mallot, Ari spread her arms out, threw back the mound of blankets and lifted herself on wobbly arms. Her red bob was mussed and sticking out at odd angles, the very definition of bed head. Using still wobbly arms she pushed herself back until she could rest her back against the head board of her bed, then she turned to the men, smiling brightly.
 
“Sir Mallot, you will do no such thing. Not only can I see the bags under your eyes but I can also hear them in your voice, you need rest. Don't worry about me I'll be fine, in fact I'm perfectly fine right now, so go get some sleep.” A raspy voice did nothing to help her cause and she too late realized what she was saying, and surprised her self when she didn't flinch or fell fear of a beating. Odd she thought.
 
Getting Sir Mallot to leave the room to get some rest took just a bit more shooing before she succeeded in convincing him she was fine. She watched as he shuffled dead on his feet down to the third doorway on the right and entered.
 
A loud squeak of bed springs and a loud oomph coming from his room made her smile and silently giggle.
 
She jumped slightly when she was brought out of her musing by a brief throat clearing. The Alpha had resumed his seat next to her bed. He just sat there looking at her for several minutes, his gaze scrutinizing trying to gauge how well she actually was. Finally he opened his mouth to speak.
 
“Nice to see you're finally awake, do remember anything that happened?” He was looking at her again.
 
“All I remember is blue eyes and being vaguely aware that I was fainting, and that's it till the point not but 5 minutes ago when I woke up. May I inquire as to who you are?” Ari brought her arms around and folded them in her lap as she said this, snuggling her feet deeper into the warmth of her blankets.
 
“You may, I am Eoin Virum, Leader of the Alva village pack. But you can just call me Eoin.” Informative and straight to the point, with all that facts, yet that's not what caused amazement to blossom on her cheeks.
 
“But the village of Alva is over 200 miles from where my old pack is stationed. It's impossible that I ran that long, I should have died.” She was no longer gazing at Eoin, she had turned her head at the mention of her past and a thoughtful gaze grazed her face.
 
Eoin, not wanting to frighten her out of her musings, let the information sink in before shocking her even more.
 
“Ai' and you would have, had it not been for Sir Mallot's tonic. He makes his tonic out of the blue buds of the plant Aconite. He's perfected it to the point where it can restore almost three fourths the energy drained. He saved your life when he didn't have too; it's the way Mallot is. I should know; he took care of me for my first few years here before the retired Alpha of my pack adopted me and made me Alpha.” A slight smile graced Eoin lips and Ari found herself looking at him, taking in his appearance.
 
He appeared to be no older then her, so about 18 or so, and he wore a plain white shirt and blue jeans. His boots could be viewed through the frayed edges of blue thread. He appeared skinny yet you could make out the outlines of shaped muscles. He was built for speed.
 
His face was kind, pulling you in and wrapping you in a cocoon of serenity, with a curving nose and bright blue eyes it was a wonder how he could be an Alpha. His face was absent of and facial hair and his head was covered in a thick, slightly curly, and unruly mound of blond hair, resembling the color of straw.
 
The point of his right ear was visible through the straw hair, revealing a silver hoop with a chain link that disappear back into the mess of weak curls.
 
Over all, he looked like a regular teenage boy, but the power radiating off of him told a different tale.