Romance Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction / Fables/Fairytales Fan Fiction ❯ The Blood That Ties ❯ Blood ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Hey my adoring fans!...Okay...Maybe not adoring fans...But hey! You! Yes you! You decided to investigate this story! I hope you are not disappointed and...Well... Leave a review afterwards! Even if you don't like it! Constructive criticism (not FLAMES) are always accepted. And sorry about the shortness of this first chapter, but I didn't want the plot to go TOO far just yet. Anywho, enjoy! And REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW!
 
The Blood That Ties
 
Gabrielle Harrison fell to her knees, her petite body shaking as the world spun around her. She forced back bitter vomit and tears as clutched the dirt beneath her. She did not know how long she could keep this up; her body was trembling like a leaf beneath her. She clutched her head for a moment in pain, scenes of the unwanted memories of the past events flashed before her eyes; the urge to vomit rose again. But she couldn't stop now; she had to keep going...Her life depended on it.
 
But still, something was wrong.
 
Something was horribly wrong.
 
With her.
 
It was as if her body was no longer her own, though she was the one who controlled the movements and thoughts. But, the urges, the intuition, the instincts and all her senses...They were wrong. They were so wrong.
 
She was alone. When she had awoken in the dense forest that became quite evident to red haired girl, and she had thought that it would be normal for odd behaviour to arise in the coming days. But Gabrielle knew that something dark had been awakened in her.
 
It was as clear as the bite marks on her neck.
 
“Oh dear sweet god...” Her voice coarse and weak, painfully evident how seldom she had used her vocal cords over the past few days. The craving was there again. Just as strong as it had been since she had awoken in the forest.
 
That undeniable thirst that started slowly, then steadily grew to a burning in her throat, causing her to wince as she inhaled. Soon enough it would travel downwards, into her stomach, making it feel as if the organ would soon collapse upon itself. After her stomach was forced into turmoil, she would begin to lose control, and even the blood in her veins would feel heavy and foreign to her. That's when things would get fuzzy, when her mind would start to slip, and when she would wish that she had perished alongside her family.
 
Mother, Father, her darling sisters. They were all gone. Their lives brutally stolen right before her eyes, and she had been useless to help them. They would have wanted her spared, to have at least someone survive the massacre that over took their mansion and forced Gabrielle out of her home.
 
That hideous creature, the evil demon that had turned her life upside down, and left her to deal with the aftermath. That included the ghastly deformity that had her craving blood at a moment's notice. That made her senses sharper, but utterly confused of what was going around her until she sunk her teeth into something living. That made her such a...Monster.
 
“Whatever forces created me...Please kill me now...I beg of you...” Her voice trembled, as unstable as her body clutching the dirt beneath her. The shaking just wouldn't stop, no matter how close to the ground she got, or however tightly she was curled up. The thirst inside her needed to be quenched, not caring about the morals of person on the outside.
 
Suddenly, the world was silent.
 
No longer was there a painful burning within her body, or a mind trying to repress the past month's events, not even her strained soprano voice could be heard to her own ears anymore. She was searching, listening...
 
No...
 
...Her body was doing this.
 
Gabrielle was clueless to what exactly she was searching for, until a slight rustling of bushes had her body on its feet in a fraction of a second, already facing and poised towards the source of the small sound.
 
Without a moment's hesitation, the forest turned into a blur of color. Vibrant reds and oranges, dark browns and greens. It was the typical scene of an autumn forest...Just in fast forward, unable to drink in any beauty until her prey had been captured.
 
Gabrielle couldn't even register what she had bitten into this time. She hadn't even seen the creature until she was crouched on the ground, pinning the creature to her chest as its crimson juices flowing freely into her awaiting mouth.
 
Soon enough, the spell was lifted, and Gabrielle felt her body drift down from its abnormal high, allowing her control over her body once again. With shaking hands, Gabrielle forced the carcass of the animal away from her, staring into the doe's placid eyes with a look of horror.
 
Great. A deer...She had loved those back home.
 
A tremble shook Gabrielle's slender body, and soon enough Gabrielle found herself backed up against the base of a tree, curling up tightly into a ball as if to shield herself for the gory sight before her.
 
“I-I am...S-so sorry...” It was pointless to apologize to the doe. It was dead. She had killed it. Even the tears she shed over the matter was futile, no amount of sorrow could bring life back to the fallen animal.
 
But in essence, Gabrielle was sorry for so much more;
 
She was sorry for harming the animal.
 
She was sorry for not being about to control herself.
 
She was sorry for herself, for being so lost.
 
She was sorry for not protecting her family.
 
But, above all else. Gabrielle was deeply remorseful for allowing herself to become this repulsive, revolting most hideous kind of monster.
 
For being a vampire.