Romance Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cavaliers ❯ Chapter 2

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter two
 
 
She woke up and slowly opened her eyes only to see complete darkness. `Am I dead? Is this what it feels to be dead? Drowning in darkness?' she stopped her trail of thoughts as she recognized the familiar sound of rain falling. `Yeah right, maybe my body is in the middle of somewhere..' then suddenly, there appeared a few sparks and light filled the darkness. At first her eyes complained of the sudden light but when she adjusted, she saw that she is inside a cave somewhere. `I'm alive?' she recalled the events that happened. `I remember falling from that cliff but I guess I landed safely. Nothing aches in my body so far.' Then she remembered the man. She quickly sat up and searched for him. She found him sitting by the fire; the light illuminating his features.
 
“So your awake already.” He said, quite relieved. She was preoccupied with her thoughts about him that she didn't quickly realize him looking at her. Then reality strikes back. She was about to bombard him with questions like, `why did you jumped off a cliff like that! We could've died!' or “How did we survive the fall?” but instead she managed to say calmly, “Where are we?”
 
He smiled at her and said, “You lost consciousness while we're falling. After we've landed the rain started to fall so I've immediately seeked for shelter. I found this cave and decided that we should stay here until the rain stops.”
 
She tried to digest the information slowly but nothin' good forms inside her mind. More questions are seeking for an explanation.
 
“How?… When… Why?….” she is struggling for the right words now.
But he silenced her with a comforting smile. She could've melted there in an instant. Just simply staring at him makes her feel… Nah! `I'm just confused.' She reminded herself. `But I trust him…' now where did that came from! `You just met him, Kazumi!'
Silence grew between them. But the silence was comforting them. Rain continued to fall and thunder keeps on raging outside. The fire helped in keeping the temperature warm.
 
“I'm Kazumi. “ she said as she stood up and walked near him. She offered her hand to him. “And you are?”
 
He stared at her hand for a while before answering, “Takeshi. My name is Takeshi.” He said shaking her hand.
 
She sat down in a place beside him and absorbed heat from the fire. “Your new to this place. Why did you come to Nobuaki?” she said to start a conversation.
 
“I have to settle some business here.” He answered.
 
“Here?” she shot him an amused look. “You must've heard in the place you've come from how chaotic this place is. I advice you to leave this place immediately.”
 
He paused to think. “But how come a beautiful lady like you stay at this place even though you know the danger that lurks around?”
 
She blushed upon hearing the `beautiful lady' thing. “I have a job at this place.” She said proudly. She eyed him and continued, “I belong to the group Catz. We try our best to maintain peace for the normal citizens living inside Nobuaki. Protect them from the activities of the gangs.”
 
He was surprised by her revelation and she too was surprised. `Yeah! That big mouth of yours!' she mentally scolded herself. `But I trust him…' Ahh!! Enough with those thoughts!
 
“So how's your job so far?”
 
She snapped back into reality. She looked at him intently. `I think he is one of the good guys though…' She sighed. “Everything's normal. Well at least normal here in Nobuaki. We still need to solve the problems involving the gang of the Bloody hounds though..” Then suddenly she remembered the diplomats. “Oh no! They must've been worried sick about me already! I need to go back now..” then she stood up and ran at the entrance of the cave. Takeshi followed.
 
“But the rain is still pouring.” He said while running after her.
 
“I don't care. I need to find a way to get back up.”
 
Then she ran into the rain and searched for a possible trail back up. She ran and ran with Takeshi following her. She searched for a few minutes but without success. She eventually tired out and halted to rest. She sat down on the ground by a big tree. She glanced around looking for Takeshi but she did not see him. `I know he was following me all along. But where is he?' Then she heard an annoying, loud voice so she decided to check it out.
 
After a while, she found the owner of the voice and saw Takeshi with a tall, muscular man wearing a formal black suit. She paused to listen to him behind a tree.
 
“I'm asking you! What are you doing down here? Are you sent here to spy on our fortress?” the man asked loudly, terrifying Kazumi. She gazed at them and saw Takeshi with a cut on his lip. `He's not fighting again! The man already attacked him but he still remains passive!' she thought rather angry.
 
“Speak up!” The man shouted but Takeshi remained silent. “You're not talking huh? You're wasting my patience!”
 
Behind the tree, a hand suddenly covered Kazumi's mouth. She was surprised and fought back but her captor was stronger. He pushed her out of her hiding place and into the open.
 
“Boss! I found this lady behind the tree listening to you!” Her captor reported.
 
Both men looked at her and Takeshi uttered a surprised “Kazumi..”
 
“So, another spy aye.” He said gladly. He eyed Takeshi wearingly “And you seemed to know each other.”
 
“Boss, what am I going to do with her?”
 
He approached them and looked closer at Kazumi.
 
“Your pretty.” Then he looked at her body. “And sexy too..” he thought for a while. “Undress her…” he commanded. Fear is present in the eyes of Kazumi while her captor laughed. “We're gonna have a little fun!”
 
“Let her go.” Takeshi said in a menacing tone.
 
The assumed to be boss looked over his shoulder. “What did you say?”
 
“I'll tell you what I know but let her go. I just found her on my way here and got acquainted with her. She doesn't know anything.”
 
The boss walked nearer to him and said, “So you want this lady free?” he turned his back on him. “I don't want.” He said. Takeshi's eyes widened in surprise.
 
“I'm a spy don't you get it! I'll tell you who sent me if you let her go!”
 
Kazumi felt tears cloud her eyes. `He doesn't need to say those to protect me.. He will be in big trouble..' then a thunder bolt striked madly.
 
“Do you wish me to believe your tale? You don't know anything.” Then he turned around to look at him. “I'll kill you to get over with it!” Then he looked at Takeshi's eyes.
He seemed stunned for a moment for he did not move. He just stared at Takeshi wide-eyed.
 
`What's happening?' Kazumi thought.
 
“Tell me, what group do you work for?” Takeshi said seriously.
 
“I work for an org-organization..” he said, frightened. “The cavaliers”
 
“Boss, what are you doing? Why did you say those!?” Kazumi's captor said.
 
Takeshi looked at the direction of Kazumi and she was surprised at his change. His eyes.. Flaming red eyes.. His glare sent a shiver down her spine. Then suddenly her captor loosened his hand over her mouth and in no time he was down. She looked at the man; fright shown in his face. Then she looked back at Takeshi. His eyes are still the same but his glare seemed to soften at the sight of her. He slowly moved forward going to her. Kazumi didn't know what to do. Is she gonna run or stay? `Is he still the Takeshi that looked so innocent a while ago?' she thought.
 
“Kazumi, are you scared?” he said in a mellow tone.
 
`Am I scared? What will I say?' she looked down unable to answer.
 
“I've hypnotized them. Don't be scared. Please..”
 
She looked up at him and saw his comforting blue eyes back. She stared at him intently until the rustling behind the bushes disturbed them
 
“What's happening here?” a low-pitched voice said.
 
“We need to go.” Takeshi said. She nodded. He grabbed her wrist swiftly and they ran. They must've gotten the attention of the men for she heard footsteps behind them. She was running as fast as she could but Takeshi seemed faster. He is almost dragging her along. She was surprised to hear a loud gunfire and looked behind to see the men chasing them. The first shot must've been a warning signal and she saw men targeting them. She looked back forward and ran faster. They are in danger, great danger. Her heart is hurting her chest.
 
She heard a gun fire.
 
She gasped in shock.
 
Then she noticed Takeshi slowing down. She looked at him and is surprised to see blood trailing down his right leg.
 
`He's been shot!' she thought. Then she didn't notice the rock on the way and she tripped. Falling to the ground. Takeshi looked back and helped her get up.
 
“Takeshi, let's stop escaping. You're already injured. We can't get away..” she said, losing hope.
 
“No.” he said. “I'm gonna bring you back up with your group. We're gonna get away from this mess.”
 
Then he spread out his pair of black wings and swiftly carried Kazumi bridal style. At first, Kazumi was too shocked to react. They hoisted and he flapped his wings hard.
They are flying above the ground and she heard a few more gunshots but she knew they were safe. She tugged in closer to Takeshi's chest, afraid to fall to the ground.
 
“I'll not let you fall… don't worry..”
 
The gun fires ceased. Takeshi continued flying. The rain stopped its rage and the clouds soon drifted revealing the great sun setting in the north.
 
“It's magnificent..” she said in awe.
 
Takeshi smiled at her and they flew in the sky back to Nobuaki.
 
 
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --
 
 
Kazumi fell asleep in his arms a few moments later and Takeshi successfully made it back to the entrance of the forest. He withdrew his wings and landed gracefully to the ground. He limply walked towards the ghetto. `I need to bring Kazumi back now with her friends. She would be safe with them.' He thought. He looked at her, admiring her beauty, and the thought that she looked like an angel when she sleeps placed a smile on his face. He ignored the pain in his leg all this time and it seems that he had already lost a lot of blood from the shot.
 
He came upon a group of girls that seemed to be on a search for someone.
 
One saw him and glared at him for a moment before shouting, “That's Kazumi! With that guy!”
 
They immediately ran to him. One went behind him and positioned a knife to his side. She said menacingly, “Put her down or else!”
 
He obediently placed her down carefully on the ground and slowly stood up. One of them quickly inspected Kazumi for any sign of injuries then nodded to another person. Then a tall blonde lady -Shizuka- closely went to them and glared at Takeshi.
 
“Let's bring Kazumi back to the headquarters.” She said to them. They nodded in response. Then she looked at Takeshi. “Also bring him for an interrogation.” She stated then left. Soon they picked up Kazumi and dragged along Takeshi to their headquarters.
 
 
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --