Romance Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cavaliers ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Four
 
 
“Well, you've surprised us of your quick recovery. That's a good sign. So ladies, I'll leave you here and I'm happy for your friends' recovery.”
 
“Thank you doctor for everything.” Kazumi said.
 
The doctor smiled and walked out the room. Kazumi took her seat beside the bed and looked at Takeshi happily. Takeshi smiled back.
 
“I've heard you talking about a man named Daisuke.” He said inquiringly. “It's just that I've been searching for a person named Daisuke. I know that he may be different but I would still like to see him.”
 
Shizuka immediately replied, “I'm sorry but he is still recovering. Maybe you can see each other some other time when both of you are fully recovered.”
 
Takeshi shot an apologetic look. “Alright. I'm sorry for being in such a rush.”
 
Kazumi cleared her throat. Shizuka glanced at her and she immediately understood the look she was giving her.
 
She rose from her seat and proceeded to the door. “I need to go now. There are lot of things that I need to do because our leader is too busy with her other responsibilities.”
 
Kazumi pouted upon hearing Shizuka's words. But she was glad that she could talk to Takeshi. She turned around and faced him. He was also staring at her intently.
 
She shifted her eyes downwards.
 
“Uhmm.. “ she was formulating what to say to him.
 
Takeshi himself was uncomfortable. He did not want her to ask about his wings nor his eyes.
 
“Takeshi… I am really thankful for your help..” she paused. “I also would like to apologize for, uhmm.. my actions..”
 
Takeshi once again flashed that comforting smile and said, “That's fine.”
 
 
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --
 
 
Shizuka mentioned once to Daisuke about Takeshi and he also insisted to go see him immediately. Shizuka said to him to wait until he'd recovered but one day he suddenly disappeared and she knew that he had went to Takeshi.
 
The doctors said that Takeshi could leave the hospital immediately a few more days from now. The doctors are really amazed of his progress. Kazumi always stayed with Takeshi and took great care of him. Well, she owes him her life isn't it?
 
Both of them are in the room when suddenly the door opened, welcoming a stranger in bandages. He rushed to Takeshi and they exchanged glances for a while. Kazumi stood up to tell the man to leave but got interrupted when Takeshi spoke.
 
“Daisuke.”
 
“Takeshi?” he said.
 
“Yeah. Long time no see.”
 
“Sure. A very long time.”
 
Kazumi stared at them bearing a confused look then someone barged in the room.
 
“Daisuke! I told you to prevent on moving! You're still recovering.” Shizuka said, panting.
 
 
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --
 
 
They all sat down at the room. Both Kazumi and Shizuka were wondering how could the two know each other. Daisuke looked at the girls then back to Takeshi as if to say `is it safe, with them around?'
 
“Yeah. Besides we owe them our lives.” Takeshi said.
 
The girls exchanged puzzled looks. But listened to their conversation.
 
“We should immediately find Naoki and head straight to our business with the Cavaliers.” Daisuke said.
 
The word `Cavaliers' seemed to ring on Kazumi's head. Then she remembered the attack below the cliff.
 
“Cavaliers?” Shizuka asked.
 
“They are a secret organization which is involved in various criminal activities.” Daisuke answered.
 
“We've been here in Nobuaki since we're born and we've never encountered an organization named Cavaliers.”
 
“It is because they are different from the gangs that is present in the ghetto.”
 
“What makes them different?”
 
“They are composed of high profile criminals. They are the criminals that the government is afraid off. They are associated with the underground society and they run the black market.” Takeshi said.
 
“So they are that powerful..” Kazumi said.
 
“Yes they are.”
 
“Then why are you talking about them? What's your mission?” Shizuka asked.
 
“We could tell you. But we have to kill you.” Daisuke said seriously. Shizuka was frightened by his sudden threat.
 
“Daisuke, you didn't have to do that. We're sorry but we cannot say anything more `cause your lives might be put into danger.”
 
Kazumi placed a hand in Shizuka's hand then nodded. They would trust them. Whatever purpose they have here in Nobuaki.
 
 
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --
 
 
Takeshi was allowed to leave the hospital a few days after, and Catz has been willing enough to let both of them stay in their headquarters. Everyone is growing fond of their presence. Who wouldn't? Both of them are absolutely handsome male species.
 
Takeshi had appreciated Kazumi's presence. Everyday he would learn new things about her. They often talk when Kazumi is free from her duties. Once she was assigned to buy the groceries and Takeshi gladly went with her. They talked on their way there.
 
The marketplace is really busy. A lot of merchants put up their stalls and display their products. There are a wide variety of goods. Ranging from clothes, appliances, and food. The marketplace is a big business district.
 
Kazumi watched Takeshi as he marveled the busy marketplace.
 
“You look surprised. As I said, we protect the normal citizens of Nobuaki. This is where they run their businesses.”
 
“It's just very different from the Nobuaki before.”
 
“So you've been here?”
 
“I was born here. And I could see that a lot changes happened.”
 
Kazumi was glad because she found out something about him.
 
“The change took place ten years ago. It is when the gangs suddenly disappeared. Since then, the people decided to settle their businesses. I remember I was nine when we put up our food stall. My uncle is a great cook. We were always busy.” Then Kazumi stopped. She remembered her uncle and their times together. Takeshi noticed the sudden sadness in her.
 
“Kazumi, are you okay?”
 
She looked up to see his deep blue eyes. “I'm okay. I suddenly remembered something..”
 
He'd learned that her parents died when she was seven due to the criminal activities of the gangs. It is really a painful experience. He knew it `cause he too had suffered the loneliness of not having a family. They bought the goods and headed back to the headquarters.
 
The other day, Kazumi showed him their headquarters. It is a big place. It is well hidden considering it is underground. No one would really find it easy to find the place. Only few of the members stay at the headquarters. Most of them have a family living within in Peace Sector.
 
Shizuka and Daisuke are also going along well. But Takeshi seemed to be more fortunate `cause Shizuka always order Daisuke to do work around. She says that it is a `simple' payment for letting them stay in their headquarters. Most of the time, Daisuke grumbles why he has to do a lot of things while Takeshi appears to be very comfortable. Shizuka just glares at him and says, “He is Kazumi's responsibility and she can do anything she wants with him.” Daisuke ends up begging for Shizuka's pity.
 
Shizuka one time talked to Kazumi regarding the men.
 
”Kazumi, I know that they do not cause any troubles and looks trustworthy too but they seem to be somewhat dangerous. Considering the fact that they are seeking for a organization called Cavaliers.”
 
“Shizuka, we've agreed to not talk about it `cause they seemed to be quite uncomfortable with it.”
 
“Yeah, but I just couldn't help thinking about their purpose.”
 
Takeshi was just around the other hallway and heard what they were talking about. He was also preoccupied by his own thoughts. `I'm sorry but this is our own battle.'
 
Then Tomoko came from the opposite direction and delivered news to Kazumi.
 
“Both of you, we've received a tip where the Bloody hounds are located.” Tomoko said.
 
Kazumi became serious all of a sudden. “Where is it?” she asked.
 
“At the foot of Mt. Kusho, west from the ghetto.”
 
Then Kazumi went dashing out of the headquarters to the place. Shizuka called out her name loudly but still, Kazumi left. They could not follow her. She was too fast. Takeshi immediately followed after Kazumi until he could see her running at some distance ahead.
 
“We shouldn't let her go by herself!” Tomoko exclaimed.
 
Shizuka thought for a while. Then she said, “let's just wait for her arrival. I know she'll not engage herself in trouble.”
 
 
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --