Romance Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Cavaliers ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Six
 
A big explosion waked them up. Takeshi immediately shot up in bed, smelled gunfire in the air, and ran outside. He opened the door and saw men attacking the headquarters. Everyone is trying their best to defend the headquarters. Battles go on in his left and right. He searched his eyes around, trying hard to look for Kazumi in this crowd. He saw smoke traveling out a burning room in which he guessed was the room that was hit by the explosives. He was surprised when he realized that it was Kazumi's room. He immediately went inside without even thinking of something to protect his body from the heat. The thick smoke clouded his vision making it hard for him to see.
 
“Kazumi!” He shouted. He looked around, his eyes squinting in the smoke that is emitted, and he noticed a figure wrapped in a towel by the corner of the room.
 
“Kazumi…” He immediately approached the figure and saw her weeping under the towel. She was shaking involuntarily like a young kitten out in the cold.
 
She looked up at him with tears sliding down her eyes. “Takeshi, I'm so scared!” she paused and looked away. Her thoughts seemed distant. “The fire.. Uncle.. Auntie.. I was not able to help them!” then sad sobs escaped her and she cried more and more.
 
He wrapped his arms around her, hoping that somehow it would give her comfort. It did work for her sobs began to lessen. After a while, he whispered in her ear, “Kazumi, calm down.” She sniffed and stopped moving. “We need to get out of here before we get burned.”
 
When he saw her nod, he scooped her up and carried her out of the burning room. He tightened his hold on her body as he struggled to see the exit. He coughed a few times before continuing to walk. He found the door and ran to it. He successfully exited the room. Still carrying her, he searched for a safe place to place her. She was now sleeping soundly, probably from exhaustion, with dry tears around her eyes. On his way, he glanced at a woman with ruby eyes. He stopped when he recognized the woman.
 
“She is the woman from the Bloody hounds.” He whispered to himself.
 
She was laughing evilly as her men attack the quarters. Beside her is the sad-looking Naoki. Naoki was able to locate their headquarters through the scent of Kazumi. When Flair found out about it, she insisted that they'd go visit.
 
“You said we're only gonna pay them a visit!” Naoki said.
 
“Hahaha! Do you think I'll waste the opportunity? Of course not! This is my chance to eliminate this silly group!” Flair said.
 
Naoki accidentally looked in Takeshi's direction and saw them. His light blue eyes were filled with panic as he looked at Takeshi's still form. Takeshi slowly walked towards him with an expressionless face. Each time he stepped to approach made him shiver.
 
Flair saw them coming close and ordered two men to charge at them. Takeshi gracefully dodged their attacks careful enough not to wake Kazumi. He sent a forceful kick at a man's abdomen that sent him flying backwards. The other one came charging at him but is suddenly knocked down by Daisuke's strong punch. When he saw Daisuke, his eyes showed more fright. The two faced each other and nodded.
 
“Naoki, we do not wish to fight you. Especially now that we have been reunited after a very long time. We just request you to leave them and help us take them down.” Daisuke said.
 
Naoki's eyes grew wide with hope.
 
“You're not angry with what I've done?”
 
The two shook their heads and smiled. He took a step forward but is stopped by the cold voice of the woman.
 
“What do you think are you doing? Don't listen to them! You owe me your life!” then she glared at him fiercely.
 
“Don't blackmail him. After all he's done for you, he's already free from his debt.” Takeshi said.
 
Naoki smiled as he heard his friends defend him. He hastily approached them and immediately brought out his sword to fight the Bloody hounds. The woman cried out a scream of frustration.
 
“You traitor! You'll pay for this!” then she pulled out a dagger and charged at him. He saw her and with no doubts, readied his sword and slashed her across the chest. Her corpse fell on the floor with a loud thump.
 
After the long battle with the other gangsters, they emerged victorious. Kazumi had finally woken up and is surprised to see blood covering the lifeless bodies. She felt nausea circling her stomach. Takeshi gave her a light pat in the back and it somewhat comforted her.
 
A lot of Catz members were injured but luckily no one died of the incident..
 
 
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --
 
 
Naoki also stayed in the headquarters though most of them are scared of him because of his violent nature. Almost all of the dead bodies are results of Naoki's sword. In the next coming days, they would be busy repairing the damages in the headquarters. Takeshi and Daisuke already buried the bodies and cleaned the blood. The girls were thankful for their help `cause they could not even stare at the corpses.
 
They helped each other build the hollow walls and repair the broken furnitures.
 
Even though Naoki was considered dangerous, Ayumi still befriended him. As kids, they play around the headquarters often. They get together pretty well. Ayumi always laughs at Naoki's stupidity and he laughs back `cause of her clumsiness.
 
“The two are surely enjoying themselves.” One time, Shizuka said while painting the wall. The kids are busily enjoying themselves.
 
“That's great.” Daisuke appeared while carrying a bucket of water on one hand and detergents on the other. He approached her with a malicious grin on his face. “I wonder when we'll be acquainted ourselves.”
 
She brushed the paintbrush across his face. “Never.”
 
Then he walked away with a pissed look. “Does she have to do that?”
 
She smiled when he left.
 
 
--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --
 
 
Water flowed freely from the open faucet. Daisuke immersed his face on the water to wash off the paint on his face. He scrubbed his face forcefully, making sure that nothing would be left. After a while, he turned off the faucet and grabbed the towel around his neck. He dried his face, and then he picked up the bucket and detergents and walked out of the bathroom.
 
As he walked down the quiet corridor, he found himself thinking about Takeshi. Actually, he was surprised to see Takeshi that day in the hospital. He knew him well and he knew that simple attacks could not hurt him. Since then, he was preoccupied in thinking of the real reason how he got wounded. But things seemed to clear as the days pass by.
 
He remembered the time when they were young. Takeshi had always been an infamous person. He was an able leader and a great friend. But when the `lunar incident' happened, that night, he saw him change dramatically. He became so reserved and forlorn. They've separated paths since then but he knew better. Daisuke could tell that he had gone through hell. The guilt and loneliness. The haunting feeling that could drive anyone insane.
 
But what surprised him most is when he saw him, Takeshi had been the same but there was a slight difference in him that day. The way he hid the feelings inside. The way he acted. At first glance, he couldn't believe that he was really Takeshi. Last time he saw him, he still had the fierce look on his eyes but that day his eyes were calm. At that moment, he was thankful for whatever made him like that. And then, he finally understood what happened. It was very obvious actually. The times he catch him looking intently at a certain pink-haired girl, the way he smiles whenever he's near her, and the way he reacts whenever he losses sight of her. It's all because of Kazumi.
 
He couldn't help but smile. The two make such a happy couple. But his smile soon faded when he saw Takeshi. He was repairing a broken chair. He was sitting on the floor with a hammer on hand. He suddenly remembered the `lunar incident' and how this secret could bring back the Takeshi he was before.
 
Takeshi sensed Daisuke around so he called out his name. At first, he was surprised but he soon approached and sat beside him. Takeshi hammered a few nails on the wooden chair before Daisuke spoke up.
 
“What's your plan?”
 
Takeshi didn't seem to be surprised at the question. He was expecting it to come any time from now anyway.
 
“We need to go.”
 
Daisuke nodded. And this is another reason why Takeshi and Kazumi couldn't be together.