Romance Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Clash ❯ Chapter 1

[ A - All Readers ]

A/N: Ok, so here's my first real fic on mediaminer.
I hope you find the little intro of mine to be enough until I get this show up and running. Updates will come as frequently as possible, promise. =)
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
Plains of white, powdery, snow covered the land, making the trees pop at their frosted tips and limbs, free of all brown leaves and attacked only with the flaky green.
Most people in their right mind would not have even the bit of involvement with this unbearably freezing land.
Some wondered why this territory was even territory, no body came, and occasionally another leader of a terrain would come out and say hellos and updates on the world around them. People of the Ice Nation enjoyed the solitude.
No reason to ruin that.
Within the deep inset of a mountain that was split apart in a wide, field sort of valley, a large mansion was planted, the fortress was amazing.
Since it was ice, it was an amazing blue, with snow spread around like baby powder on its surface. The walls were risen high and mighty, fending off most intruders.
Constantly, guards were on duty, tall males dressed in shining baby blue armor with spikes on their shoulders connected to the bitter cold metal with a shining helmet over their heads. Floods of pale locks ran down their backs, most men there took on the pale blue color in their locks, and the hard blue colors in their eyes. Their pale hands were wrapped around their spears, with belts around their waist and swords at their sides; they were prepared for any attack at any time.
The Ice Nation did not have any true allies or even enemies for that matter, they stayed neutral, though had their ever re-appearing nuisances now and again. Either from pitiful citizens or power-hungry idiots who decided that the way of compromising was to slice off the head of their Queen.
It was too bad they never got past the first group of guards and were slain for their vain attempts. Most people actually liked the Queen. When she wasn't acting like a numb, uncaring, self-absorbed person, she was actually great to talk to about the problems of her nations. And took all things into consideration, even when you did catch her at a bad time, she had a good memory, and an even better heart, surprising for her kind.
The Queen's appearance was different then others. Thick, chocolate brown locks ran down her back in stick straight locks, her long dark lashes were met by her bangs. Beneath those bangs, and set under her long lashes were deep hazel orbs that stared at you with such a gentle pool of emotion, you had to smile when she did, especially when her dimples came to sink into her tan cheeks.
It was said she was given different looks to completely separate her from the rest, to show you that she was in power; she had the authority, so shut up. It was said the Gods knew she was capable, so they did exactly that.
The Queen would simply respond that it ran in the family. Her two older sisters, who were also leaders of their own Elemental realms, were dark like her with different features from the rest. The Family was in very high regard with all people, well…mostly.
There were times when ambushes would be made, mainly on the middle sister's nation, The Fire Nation. Since her reckless attitude sometimes put her people and other people into cahoots.
The Ice Queen knew better though, her sister was just hot-headed (pun not intended). Sometimes the woman couldn't control herself when the other people had pushed every single button and strained ever little nerve.
Yes, The Queen understood her sister's problems.
As for the oldest, she was the Queen of The Water Nation. The woman was noble and very different then the younger sisters. She kept her head on straight and only smiled when something was funny to her to the point of where it made tears spring from her eyes. She was calm, which sometimes unnerved the two younger sisters, setting them on edge for not knowing just what it was their sister really wanted.
The Water Nation was the most respected nation, of course, their land was untouched and nature took its course, well mostly. Of course their fortress was set on an island with surrounding waters, it was an impressive sight, but annoyed the crap out of the oldest sister when the youngest froze the lakes so that she could get over. As for the middle sister, she had to be carried on the younger sister's back just so she didn't sent the ice into boiling water. Sometimes being in control of the most destructive element was a real pain.
Both women were dark skinned with eyes that shined in their own way. The Queen of Water was tall, the sight of her majestic and intimidating, black hair swept across her shoulders and hazel eyes stared out on her lands and her people.
While the Queen of Fire was at a height all most as impressive as her older sister's. Long raven locks brushed her waist and dark brown eyes stared out with this sinister fury, though most of the time it was unintentional.
From oldest to youngest, they went like this.
Cyn, Queen of the Water Nation.
Alex, Queen of the Fire Nation.
Rae, Queen of the Ice Nation.
It was funny, since Cyn and Alex were twins, and yet they were completely different, their mother had chosen right when appointing them to their thrones. They had the most authority and worked together at times to get a hold of their people.
Rae's father differed from theirs, and so, getting a power that wasn't as purely strong, her mother had doubts before her allowing her to really train and to see what it was she was capable of. Now, she was a well respected Queen of a land that would die and murder for their rights and for her rights as well.
The one thing that made them know she was Queen was though was her ever changing personality. It didn't matter if you were a loyal servant and did all her whims at a time, if you were to dishonor or betray anyone, especially her; you would be turned inside out and thrown into a fire.
She did not take lightly to the whole idea of selling out or making her Kingdom look bad.
It was all ready being constantly hounded by the ever stubborn Lords of the Lightning Nation. See, ever since the sisters were young they were taught that male rulers were not to be feared or respected. When, hello, all you had to do to defeat them was seduce them just the right way.
Now, Women rulers were looked down upon and were constantly being driven out.
The main Nations that had tried so hard to break them down into simply members of the Court instead of the leaders were Lightning, Wind, Earth, and Darkness. The Nation of Light also had a problem with them, considering their leader was a female who had the help of a man, both were old fashioned and too kind for their own well-being.
Rae had a hunch that the main reason they were after them was because of how well their Lands were being brought up and protected while they fought against one another and suffered through seasons of famine. She quite frankly did not know what to do as battles kept popping up in her lands and she was constantly being threatened.
Many thought of her as weak, pretty much just a woman who was brought up as a decoy to hide the big guns in her Nation. Thing was, she was the real thing.
The Ice Nation had yet to give in to someone's petty complaints and throw several hits and hack a few bodies into pieces just to prove their point.
However, if that was what was called for, Rae was all over it.
Alex was prone to the occasional war and fight, just to get it out and over with, no secrets were kept, she made sure of that so no one went behind the other's back and began this big commotion. It wasn't her style. She didn't mind confrontation, about that anyways.
Cyn simply attacked when she had to, she didn't start anything nor did she stop it.
If the fools wanted to get ruined, then so be it, she did it with a big smile every time.
It made her bubbly inside whenever she saw the idiots go down bringing their mountain of pride tumbling right alongside them.
And as the three lands began to grow in number and popularity among their friends, the hatred in their enemies began to go up in smoldering flames.
 
 
 
It was a land cut off from others. Clouds were low, thick, and dark, a never ending rumbling would pass and then a clap of thunder and flash of lightning struck the hard rock grounds. Many thought their lands were infected and not treated right.
They were probably right, but would never consult that issue to the ruler.
Many thought of their Leader as distant, angry, and uncaring.
His Father had left a bruise on all the citizens, leaving him to salve the wound, or just make it worse.
When it came to caring for these idiotic people who acted on impulse, he decided that a fly was more entertaining than they. Sure, he would sometimes give them what they needed, but usually what they wanted was absolutely stupid.
He told them so too, no use in hiding it.
And even though his people had no real love for their Leader, his army and closest friends considered him to be a person of greatness, if only someone would give him more then a passing glance. They didn't seem to realize how powerful he was.
He partially blamed it on himself; he should have fought along side of them when the opportunity came up. They thought of the man as someone who wouldn't last, he wasn't like the others, his personality was unheard of.
The people of Lightning were known to be eccentric, energetic, and exciting. While he, well, he suppressed his feelings and stayed in a colder shell then the Ice Queen herself. He would smile with his eyes, never with his full lips. It was a shame, his smile was amazing and eye catching.
But, for some reason he didn't take on his father's traits, he hated the man.
It was obvious, the way he constantly stated his dislike with venom in each word, denying all the old man's rules and setting more of his own.
No wonder people wanted to strike him with a barrage of lightning bolts, they would not work, however. Despite his attitude and his dullness, the man did have power; they were just in denial about it. The last man who had tried to kill him was burnt to a nice black crisp.
The Leader's name was Elijah, standing tall and proud, that for his demeanor it was odd to see him dress commonly. He cared not for the silks and velvets, they chafed the skin.
Blond locks fell to his shoulders, while orbs of silver shined brightly. He was lightly tanned and had a body fit for a God. The outside made up for the inside.
It was known that he was made enemies with the lands of Water, Fire, and Ice.
Ever since the beginning of the world's life, Lightning never got along with Water or Ice. It would make since to hate Water more, however, he hated Ice with a passion.
His mother was held in its clutches and died in the process of trying to save a group of peasants. Sure, he never had much respect for the woman, and once had sick fantasies of killing the witch himself, but the fact was, their motive behind her death was hate.
Not a personal hate either, just plain out, stupid, ignorant hate.
Eli sounded hypocritical, he knew that, but still, they had no right to do what they did.
It made him sick. Luckily, he had allies.
Wind was one of them, the man, James, who had long been in control, was one of his best friends. After all, they were amazing at making a perfect storm, once they had even teamed up with Water at a dark time when enemies from the terrible past came.
James was a risqué sort of man. He was fast in his life, in his ways, in his choice of women. It was comical to Eli, the man was a ladies' man yet no woman wanted him for longer then three days.
It wore off once he had gotten what he wanted. Truth was, the man actually wanted something sure…but that's beside the point.
Black locks fell in waves and emerald eyes were set in his caramel toned face.
Being the same height as Eli, was a bit bigger in muscle size, and had a form to die for. He mainly was the guy everyone turned to. Despite his occasional choice of unintelligent decisions, when it came to land and leading, he had it all.
Eli had to give him that much credit.
Then there was Earth, Adam, the biggest guy of them. He was tall with chocolate skin. Built to the point of scaring off a strong leader, hazel eyes were under a fringe of dark lashes and he had a smooth head with the slight graze of black hair. Now Adam, he was a tough leader.
Well, sort of.
Thing was, he could be so innocent at times you forget you're staring at a man whose taller then six feet two inches, and think instead you're speaking to a five year old.
But that was in the privacy of his friends. Once he was in his position and was given the tasks and told the commands, his deep voice boomed and grabbed every morsel of your attention. It was had to ignore him, he was just that tall and was different then the others.
Sure, the people of The Earth Nation were strong, not as tall though, but tall enough, and they were calm and in tune with the Earth.
Adam had the tendency to go spazzy and liked to knock down trees with his bare fists.
No one tried to stop him or else they'd first get the big puppy dog eyes and then an angry fist to the nose. Some thought of him as schizophrenic.
But no matter how unbearably cute he could be, his people respected him and knew the deal. It was undeniable; he too took up his father's throne and took it on with all of his strength and knowledge. The man was smart when it came to strategies, just not when it came to common sense.
All in all, the three lands were strong and unrelenting, one thing about having a male rule, weakness was not apart of the game.
The three did not find women leading to be smart. They were all ways drawn away from the task at hand and then to some stupid emotional detail while the men dove right in and did what they had to do for the sake of others.
So, whenever it was said that they were to join forces with these females, the uproar among the kingdoms was loud and angry.
 
 
Sitting amongst herself, Rae was in her large chair, looking at the blue velvet carpet that ran from the steps of her throne out into the halls.
There was a small sigh and she looked to her left, finding that the man kept their by his collar and his leash seemed to be having his spell wear off.
She smiled, showing her dimples with a twinkle in her eye, snapping her fingers to signal to the two guards at the exit to step outside and close the tall doors and wait.
Whenever they were gone, she stood; her height was taken as laughable, the five foot five figure of her made her enemies snort when she walked forward with a dripping sword in her hand.
They didn't find it funny when she sliced open the skin of their chest and left them bleeding on the ground with blood in a puddle around them.
So, knowing her power, the man straightened up, his brown eyes looking dead ahead, his lips firmly together in silence.
Rae laughed.
Grabbing his chin and lifting his gaze to her she murmured, “What's wrong, pet?”
“I-“he cleared his throat and licked his lips, “I'm hungry.”
“Oh, I see,” her brows rose as she sat on her knees in front of him, reaching her hand up to the long, wide armrest of her throne, she grabbed a plate, and set it down.
His eyes shifted to it and he groaned a little, seeing the fruits piled on top of each other.
Grabbing the stem of grapes, she began to pick one after the other, setting them on his tongue, waiting for him to chew it up and swallow.
The man's eyes stared into hers, his brown hair falling into his eyes as he bowed his head, tired but for an instant, before looking up again, as she handed him the apple.
“Eat,” his hands were free, and he knew that, but he enjoyed her games.
Rae stood, watching as he took a red apple and took a bite.
It was her and her sisters' tradition to take a man under their wing and show them every game they knew, and sometimes even got new moves from them.
They were her entertainment and proved to be helpful when needed.
But as the spell of theirs began to wear off and they found their selves not viewed as valuable men but just slaves for the moment, their brain screwed up and they were thrown into The Group.
The Rejects, really, the men had turned wild and were caged, only let out when needed.
They were good in a tight battle; their insane behavior confused the enemies and often made them cry as they ripped their limbs apart and screamed profanities.
Sitting in her chair, she took no notice when he was through and stood up; the chain at his black collar that touched the cold floor rattled a little as he moved.
He was touching her chocolate brown locks, stroking her cold cheek and moving forward his lips whispering intimacies on her skin, moving to her full lips and pressing down heatedly. Rae opened her mouth, feeling his tongue dip in, swirling with hers; she grabbed him and pulled him down forward onto her chair.
 
 
 
 
“I still believe we should have sent a warning,” Cyn huffed, crossing her arms and shivering as a bitter cold wind washed over them.
Alex shrugged, bundled in many layers of heavy wool and cloaks; she had her face covered up to her eyes, trying hard not to all of a sudden set the place up in flames.
Last time that happened she had five bruises on her body.
Including a split lip.
“Why? Just so she can worry about why the heck we're coming and try to get all of this crap in tip-top shape? Nah, I want to see just how `great' this kingdom can be when they're not acting.” Alex nodded firmly.
Cyn rolled her eyes, looking away, “Fine,” she mumbled, “But when an arrow strikes you in your forehead, don't you dare try to hide behind me, just because I'm tall doesn't mean I'm a fortress.” She stated dully simply glancing at her strange sister.
Alex scoffed, “Be quiet Cynthia, I didn't ask for your input on everything.”
Walking on, they came to the doors of the Palace, coughing a little before Alex shouted, “HEY! I KNOW YOU PEOPLE HEAR ME!” When a tiny head poke through from high above, she smiled a little, “Ya, you, do something about this.”
Suddenly a loud groan of the doors moving had them stepping back, trying not to slip on the frozen cobblestone of the tiny trail that led inside.
Alex nodded to the pale guard up front when he said, “Your sister is at her throne…shall I give her notice-“
“No,” she interjected with a smile and wink, “I want to surprise the little midget.” The man seemed to pale even more then possible, his firm face twitching at the woman's insult, he told himself repeatedly it was Lady Rae's sister and backed down.
Cyn seemed to lead the way with her long striding steps.
Both pairs of boots stomped through the halls, their cloaks dragging, the cold had let up but it was still there.
As they turned through out the topsy-turvey mansion they suddenly stopped, seeing the humongous doors of their sister's throne hall closed with guards standing in front of it, blushing all most. Alex walked up and their eyes widened at the sight of her.
“Lady Alex, what are you doing here?” The taller one asked.
“Rae is in there, right?”
“Well yes, but she's busy.”
She pushed him out of the way, when the two tried to get back, Cyn walked up, glaring, before looking to door as Alex began to budge it open.
With a struggle the doors finally swung apart.
A gasp sounded, a slap echoed and red tints were painted on every person's cheeks.
With her back turned, Rae glanced over her shoulder, her eyes wide, as she paused suddenly, no longer bouncing up and down, a small squeak left her before the man under her looked out, gulping a little.
Alex and Cyn stepped back, their eyes wide and turned away with a laugh.
“Rae,” they heard him groan as she dismounted him.
“Get dressed,” she answered sharply, pulling up the top of her robes, tying the blue silk together harshly around her waist, ignoring his stiff tool and yanking the pants up to his waist.
He cried out.
“Lamar,” she called out to the guard who had tried to stop the sisters but failed.
“Y-Yes?”
“Get me a new slave,” she growled, “Take this one away,” she ordered, grabbing the man by his hair and shoving him forward, he cried out in agony and confusion.
“R-Rae?” He gasped, turning to run to her, Lamar held him back while the other guard got in front of him, catching the man if he should go insane and try to attack.
“RAE!”
“Hurry,” Rae snapped, her fists clenching painfully, she ignored her sisters and stalked to her chair, plopping down, glaring.
Cyn coughed gently, bowing her head and placing her hands behind her back, stepping forward, “Forgive us Rae, we just thought a surprise visit,” pausing to glare at Alex she went on, “Would be nice. I guess we were wrong.”
Alex looked away, clearing her throat a little, shifting her feet a little, and fidgeting in the uncomfortable spotlight of the stares and in her nervousness for making a small mistake.
There was a beat of silence before there was a sigh from Rae who sat up from her slump and smiled brightly, “No big deal, I was tiring of him anyways. It was time I got a new stash, tried something different.” Shrugging her brows she leant forward, no longer lady like with her elbows on her knees, nodding her head and shrugging her brows a little.
“So, what is it you two have to say?”
Again, a train of nothing went through, Cyn looked at Alex, and Alex looked back, shrugging gently before sighing and saying bluntly and numbly, “Rumors of wars have been sprouting everywhere. We hear that armies have prepared, and are joining forces.”
At the mention of that, Rae got to her feet, stepping down the stairs of the altar of her Icy throne, her steps swift and stopping on a dime in front of them, not caring for the change in height, her brows furrowed. “Don't tell me Lightning, Wind, and Earth are trying to get some force against us? They will not know what hit them if they dare-“
“It's not them,” Cyn interrupted, looking into her youngest sister's eyes, she was calm before saying, “Oddly enough the Light and Dark Nations have gotten a strong ally, it's odd, I know.” Shaking her head, she went on, “They want to gain control over us all…I'm not sure if it's true. But if it is, then well…I've all ready spoken to the land of Wind about it, James, its ruler, agrees that we should team up and fight if they want to overthrow us.” At Rae's gaping mouth she said, “Rae…it's the only way.”
“How do we even know if there's an actual war?” Throwing her hands up she turned, bowing her head a minute before saying, “I won't agree unless I'm sure.”
“The rumors have turned to threats,” Alex stated, walking around to face Rae, she tipped her chin up, “We need to break them before they begin to build up to something strong…because If they get enough time and power, it will be the end of us.”
A small `v' formed between her brows, rubbing her face with her hands she suddenly mumbled, “Ok, look, give me time to think about it, in the mean time.” She snapped, signaling to the other guard, Yanni, to come over. “Show my sisters' their rooms please, you guys, dinner will be later on tonight.” When trying to stay she put up a hand, “Please, just a moment or so.”
Alex looked to Cyn and bit her bottom lip before saying, “Ok then, but if you need anything, just call all right?”
“Thank you,” smiling brightly, Rae turned and walked to her large seat, folding her legs under her, resting her chin in the palm of her hand, looking down.
Once the two women were out in the halls, Alex said to Cyn, “Think she'll agree?”
“Yes, I do. She cares too much for her lands to let it be destroyed and overcome by some power hungry idiots. She'll choose the right decision once denial becomes old and all other choices fly by. Give her time.” Cyn walked on, disappearing into her room.
Cyn was right, she all ways was, Alex shrugged a little, not wanting to leave Rae since just seeing her after a long time, but let it alone and went into her room. She wondered if heat was available there.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
 
 
 
 
“What do you mean we have to join up with those wenches?!”
Eli's voice rang over his palace, the stone walls of his room catching everything and throwing it back harshly. James jumped as he heard a ringing in his ears and then cleared his throat.
“Look, E, I know you're all ready hating the idea, but hear me out.” Ringing his hands, he shook his head before saying, “They're all we have. If these Nations actually get through and destroy your one army, then that just docks off one more alliance for all of us and leaves us without another great force to fight with.”
The blond leader turned, shaking his head, Eli detested his birth.
James glanced up to Adam, his eyes pleading out for some help on the situation.
Adam sighed before walking forward, stopping Eli in his tracks.
“Think about it this way,” Adam said, his voice booming, making Eli listen completely.
“Not only do we win, but once it's over, you'll know these kingdoms well enough to pick out every weakness and know every flaw to use it against him.”
At that, Eli glanced up, his brows rising slowly, “For once, you're making a good point Adam.” He sighed, interlacing his fingers and pressing his palms together, he spoke finally, “I guess…for this amount of time, I can act civil and give up my alliance to those…people.” Shuddering in the disgust of his choice he looked to James, “So you're absolutely sure about this? War is to take place?”
“Soon,” James nodded, “The threats keep coming, the rumors travel faster, and I believe this will happen.”
“I wonder why the most two unlikely teams are coming together to destroy us.” Eli arched a blond brow, “Any of you got something to do with it?”
Adam put up his hands, “Don't look at me, I'm not the one who slept with that Light chick just because she was drunk.”
Eli turned to glare harshly at James who squeaked, “Hey! That was one time and she TOLD me to do it…I didn't do it just because, god!”
“Anyways,” waving it off, Eli looked at them, “It's decided, we shall form an army to go against the fools who dare challenge us. And in the meantime, get all the dirt we can to destroy these stupid women.” He grinned, “Should be fun. “
 
 
 
“Alex? Cyn?!”
In an instant the sisters were there, looking across to Rae who was standing on her throne, her clenched hands at her sides. It had been a day since they had told her of the news and hadn't seen her save for an empty shell at dinner.
“What is it?” Alex asked, her head cocking to the side.
Suddenly Rae jumped off, landing softly and walking over, “I've decided.”
Cyn smirked looking to Alex, and nodded in her surety.
“I'm not doing it.”
“I knew you'd come around! It was only a matter of time…” Cyn lurched forward, the blow's impact catching up to pierce her gut. “Wait. What?”
Shaking her head, the woman said, “I can't. I refuse. We're neutral in this war. I am not going to be caught up with all these enemies just so we can get thrown in the middle and be murdered by some ambush of those. Watch,” putting up a finger, she stared the both of them in their eyes, “I bet they will try to pull something. I will not get caught up in it either.”
Alex's eyes widened, “But, you have to! We need everyone for this! Don't you get it?”
“Sorry Lexa,” Rae sighed, rubbing a hand over her face, “I thought long and hard…and I don't want my people getting involved.”
“They'll be involved if the war is lost and they take over every single land and kill you in the process of their tyranny!”
Cyn nodded, “Rae, I understand you want peace, but it is not going to happen.”
“I'm sorry, but I refuse.” Before they could say anything more, the doors of her throne room swung open. Looking back, the guards came in, holding a man by his arms and walking him in.
“Your slave, my Lady.” Lamar pushed the man forward, making him stumble and fall to his knees in front of Rae.
Rae bent down, lifting his face up, she smiled a little, catching his sharp blue eyes. Auburn hair fell to his shoulder blades, his bangs hanging in front of his ethereal eyes, his tanned body taut and carved with muscles, smooth skin shaping the contours of his form.
On his waist was the band of his black pants, a tattered vest on his top with no shoes on his feet.
She leant forward, whispering, “What is your name?”
Looking up into her eyes, the man swallowed hard, licking his lips a moment before saying, “Daemyn.”
Her smile widened, “Is that so.” Her hand came up, brushing back locks of his hair, she leant forward and kissed his forehead, “I can feel me and you will be well acquainted, I like you all ready…Daemyn.”
Alex sighed, “Rae, we need to talk.”
Not looking at Alex, but at Daemyn, Rae smiled still, “What about?”
“The war!”
“Oh ya, well, as far as I am concerned, I will not be involved.” Looking up she shrugged.
“Forgive me sisters.”
Before Alex could pounce, Cyn yanked her back and shook her head, “Later, I have a plan don't worry.”
Alex clenched her jaw, looking at her little sister who was stroking the man's cheek like a baby. “Fine, but I swear to all gods in the universe, if she doesn't get it together, I'll get it together for her.”
“I know, I know…just come on, I'll take care of it.”