Romance Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Marked: Main Characters ❯ Background: MC ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Character Profiles:
This information will be discovered when the actual story is posted and read, this is just for people who are curious.
 
Echo:
A nineteen year old, living in a New York suburb as she prepares to attend college in Seattle all the way across the country, anything to be away from her controlling Grandmother. Echo was adopted by Nana May, an old-fashioned woman who seems to enjoy nothing but creating rules and enforcing them. This image is enforced by the fact that she is a retired military sergeant. Echo has never been interested in the supernatural, until a mysterious dream leaves her with a mark. The Mark of Light, now she is curious to find out the others with the Marks. Except, they've already found her…
 
Merik/Aaron:
Adopted by his Irish Uncle Alan, Merik grew up in London. A car accident, on the way to a conference, leaves Alan in the hospital and Merik with a split personality. Aaron, the name the new personality calls himself, is exactly Merik's opposite: violent, distrustful, a liar, and basically hates everyone and everything. This new personality is not the only new development in Merik's life; he discovers a strange mark on his body: the Mark of Wind. Thus begins his study of the supernatural, which brings him to Mt. Everest and the Timeless Caves, where be meets Kebin, a boy with the Mark of Earth, and together they learn of a girl with the Mark of Light.
 
Kebin:
Born in Alexandria, Egypt, Kebin was, from birth, introduced to the realm of the supernatural. And, from the time he turned three he and his twin brother were trained to protect the barriers and keep peace between the human and inhuman worlds. One night, during an attack on creatures of the Darkness called Inks, Kebin accidentally kills the girl they are attempting to rescue. In a case of mistaken identity, Abin, his brother, is blamed. Both his father and Abin are executed, in a rage Kebin awakes his Mark of Earth and kills the executioners. Then, he runs. The years pass and he continues his hunting of the Inks and attempting to find out more of the Marked. His travels bring him to Mt. Everest, where me meets Merik.