Romance Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ rendezvous ❯ i like you ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Suki sat at the computer, fretting. This could not be happening. This had to be a dream. She would be screwed if it was anything otherwise.
 
But her hopes were soon slashed when the object of her affection replied to her instant message:
 
(8) AOIRI (8) says:
so… what was the thing that you had `forgotten' today?
 
(U) SUKI (U) says:
oh… nothing. It was… nothing.
 
(8) AOIRI (8) says:
haha, I don't believe that
 
(U) SUKI (U) says:
well, it's kind of awkward to tell you over the internet…
 
(8) AOIRI (8) says:
then call me :D
 
Suki's insides did a major flop at the last response. She knew his number, and she did, in fact remember what she had `forgotten' but it was just so…
 
(U) SUKI (U) says:
you call me
 
And the phone rang.
 
After a moments hestitation, Suki reached for the phone. She pressed the TALK button slowly and brought the phone to her ear.
 
“Hello?” she asked quietly, her body as stiff as a board and her voice as hoarse as a well… horse.
 
“Hello.” Came his voice loud and clear.
 
Suki stiffened even more severely. Her body started to spasm at the thought of what the boy was going to say next.
 
“So? What was it?” he asked softly, almost as if he was aware of the girl's tension.
 
“I—um—um… t—the t-t-thing I—I—s… I-I…”
 
“…Yes?” the boy asked politely.
 
“One second,” Suki said hurridly, “I'm going to go into my room.”
 
“O-K ,” came Aoiri's clear, soothing voice.
 
Suki brought herself slowly to her two feet, her legs threatening to collapse under her. Her heart beat in her chest so fiercely that her breaths were coming out in short gasps. Her head was hurting.
 
She slunk into her room and closed the door as calmly as possible.
 
“…So…?” Aoiri asked persistently, his voice remaining neutral.
 
Suki leaned her head against the door, trying to not give into her emotions and hit her head on it.
 
“I-,” she began, her heart thumping in her ears. It was so loud that she imagined that he must be able to hear it. The beating thundered in her head, drowing out everything except for the one thing that she didn't want lingering in her headspace.
 
“I like you,” she gasped out, it came out raspy and warbled but the meaning was clear.
 
Aoiri was silent for a moment. He kept on taking jerky breaths, as close as he came to hyperventilating.
 
“OK,” he said finally.
 
Suki had to use all of her willpower to stop herself from hitting her head repeatedly with a metal bat. (which she had lying around somewhere in her room, ironically).
 
After another long stretch of silence, Aoiri's said something else:
 
“You've liked me for a while, haven't you?”
 
At this point, Suki was completely heartbroken because it was clear that Aoiri did NOT return her tender feelings. Yet, she still responded:
 
“Yeah.”
 
Aoiri heaved another sigh. “Alright, then.”
 
Suki tried as hard as she could to supress her tears of anguish, her tears of defeat, of sadness.
 
“Bye,” he said softly, a bit of disappointment in his voice.
 
“G'bye,” Suki choked, grabbing at her heaving chest.
 
BEEP
 
And she broke down into tears on her bedroom floor.