Romance Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ rendezvous ❯ asking Suki out ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Suki nestled deep under her covers, tears covering her pillow. For the past three days, she hadn't heard from Aoiri and none of her friends were much help, either.
 
She longed for him to say yes, she longed for him to properly ask her out.
 
What will I do once I have him, in front of me? I have no idea about what to do in a relationship at all…she thought grimly, tracing her bedsheets.
 
Suki rolled over in her bed, trying to find a comfortable spot to relax on.
 
She losed her eyes and last Wednesday's events came back clear into her mind:
 
 
“Where were you?” her father asked gruffly, advancing on her.
 
“I-I was at choir, I told you!”
 
“You told your brother, you never told me!”
 
“What's the difference?”
 
“Your brother is eleven years old, he forgets!”
 
“Well I forget sometimes too!”
 
After storming off to call her mother, her father grabbed the phone from her dialing hands.
 
I'm going to talk to your mother first.”
 
Suki stiffened, sitting down in the plastic chair nearby.
 
After about 5 minutes, the phone was thrust back into Suki's hands.
 
“Talk to your mother.”
 
Suki stood up, anger flaring in her eyes. She took the phone and raced down the hall and into her bedroom. She slammed the door. Hard.
 
That was when her father came in.
 
Suki barely had time to scream before she felt a sharp pain in her back.
 
The phone was flung out of her hands and landed across the room, on the floor.
 
Suki toppled over, her backside numb, her eyes wide with shock.
 
She landed on her book-filled backpack, hurting her ribs as they collided with the pile of books.
 
Fear gripped her body as her father leaned over her for another strike.
 
“Rob! Stop it! That's enough!” came the shrill voice of Suki's step-mother.
 
“Suki? Are you OK?” her mother called from the phone, a layer of worry in her voice.
 
“It hurts! H-he hit me! I-It hurts!” Suki cried, tears streaming down her face. “H-he hit me!”
 
Her father fled from the room, slamming the front door as he exited the house.
 
Suki reached for the phone, but her step-mother grabbed it from her. “Saka? You heard all that? I'm sorry, Suki overreacted, she's fine. Just a little slap, that's all.”
 
As Suki lay on the floor, she felt her blood boil. Just a little slap?
 
“WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? HE HIT ME! AND HE WAS GOING TO DO IT AGAIN!”
 
“QUIET!” Syria hissed, “go to bed.”
 
Suki sobbed in disbelief as her step-mother exited the room.
 
All she could think about was calling Aoiri and crying.
 
 
Something awoke Suki from her nightmares. A phone. A phone ringing? She glanced at the clock, it read 9:30PM. She groaned. She liked her beauty sleep.
 
She rolled out of bed, wearing only her underwear.
 
Suki grabbed the phone and blearily asked:
 
“Hello?”
 
“Hello,” said Aoiri's nervous voice.
 
“Oh, um, hi,” Suki stammered, immediately awkward in her state of vulnerability.
 
“H-how are you?” he asked softly.
 
“You woke me up!”
 
“aww, sorry!” he apologized. He sounded so sincere.
 
BEEP
 
“Hello?” said Syria, answering the phone as well.
 
“I-it's OK, Syria, I've got it,” Suki replied, as Syria hung up reluctantly.
 
“That was weird…” Aoiri said, trailing off.
 
“Yeah…” Suki agreed, walking down the hallway, to her room.
 
After a long moment of silence, Suki heard Aoiri tense up. He seemed very nervous and talked very little. He barely said anything, even when she brought up a dog that she had seduced.
 
And finally after 15 minutes of Suki babbling:
 
“So, um… I was calling to ask you…” Aoiri said nervously.
 
“Yes?”
 
“Willyougooutwithme?” He asked really quickly.
 
Suki could tell that he was cringing, waiting for her answer.
 
At the moment, she couldn't answer, due to the fact that her jaw was stuck in an open-mouthed position. More oftenly described as SHOCK.
 
Once she swallowed her surprise, she croaked:
 
“Yes.”
 
“OK.”
 
“B-bye…”
 
“Byeee!” Aoiri replied, Suki imagined his clicking his heels and running into the night sky.
 
BEEP
 
Suki dropped the phone to the floor and stared into thin air for a while. Then, when she couldn't supress her excitement any longer, she jumped up and down on her bed.
 
“YIPPEEEEEEEE!”