Romance Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Under The Blue Moon ❯ First Friend ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
This is my story, I made it up. I would appreciate it if you didn't steal my idea. All of the characters are mine, so don't use them either. Unless you ask me and I approve, please don't copy this story! It takes a lot of creativity and brain power to write stories and poems and stuff like that, as every other author/poet/artist knows, so please respect us and don't steal other people's ideas.

+..::..::.+.::..::.+.::..::.+.::..::..+

I sighed as I walked on the sidewalk at 7:42 am. It was still too early for me, but I guess I'll have to deal with it for the few years of high school I have left. I used to be home schooled and I would usually wake up at 10 am, but my father insisted that I go to school for my Senior year of high school. I think it was because my Aunt no longer wanted to home school me, and my dad didn't have the degree to take on the job. I didn't argue, I couldn't. It wouldn't matter if I did because I would still end up going to high school, only with my father angry at me. And I didn't need that.

I was wearing some of my favorite clothes, a black shirt that had the Slipknot logo on it, a black and red striped wristband on one wrist and the other was spiked, a pair of black jeans, and a spiked choker. My dark brown hair was loose and touched my shoulders and my eyes were outlined in black eyeliner. I'm not Goth, I just like these kinds of clothes and how I look in them, besides, it matches my behavior, someone who is not afraid of anyone and will not let anyone get the better of me.

As I turned a corner, I spotted my new hell, Rockwell High. I took a deep breath and crossed the street and entered to campus. I quickly made my way to the front office without making contact with anyone and stepped up to the front desk. I had always hated human contact of any kind, I sort of had a phobia of strangers and I liked to keep my distance. I guess it was to protect myself from getting hurt, physically or mentally, that was one of the reasons that I began getting home schooled. I started when I was in the 4th grade, so I had six years of schooling done at home… without any other human to talk to but my family, since I had no friends. That's probably why I am so anti-social in public.

I stood before the front desk and looked down at the heavy middle-aged woman as she filed her nails and talked on the phone. She had short cherry red hair and green eyes and was wearing a cream skirt that reached her mid-calves and a white dress shirt. A lanyard and I.D. hung around her neck and she would unconsciously twirl it with her fingers every other minute.

Oh, my gosh! Karen, I can't believe that your cell phone was stolen right out of your purse!” she gasped like a schoolgirl. I twitched, I never really like people like that; girls that acted like the world revolved around them and couldn't live without a mall in their neighborhood. I waited for about several minutes, playing with the straps on my backpack, when I finally got fed up with her and cleared my throat to get her attention.

“Excuse me.” I said in as polite a voice I could muster at the moment. She scoffed and told `Karen' to `hang on for a second' and glared up at me. “I need my schedule, please. I'm new here.” I said with a forced smile.

“Name, please?” she asked, annoyed. She tucked the phone between her neck and her shoulder and rested her hands on the keyboard to the computer in front of her.

“Kiara Bradford.” I answered and she typed my name into the computer and clicked “print” and a sheet of paper came out of the large printer beside her and she handed me the paper. I thanked her and left the office as she continued to gossip with her friend on the phone.

I wandered the empty hallways and found all of my classes before class started, that way I wouldn't get lost and be late. As soon as I found my last classroom, the bell rang. It was a dull ring and seemed to have been about as old as the school… which is about 24 years old.

I quickly made my way to my homeroom and handed the teacher, Mr. Morrison, my paper. He was a few inches taller than me, about 5'8” (I'm 5'6.5”), with short brown hair and dark brown eyes. His skin was lightly tanned and a pair of glasses rested on his nose. The classroom was already full and everyone was staring at me like I was an alien… I hated it.

“Ah, so you're the new girl, eh? Well, let's see… there's an empty seat near Miss Sanders in the back near the window-.”

“I'll take it.” I said and he handed my schedule back and I made my way to the back of the classroom. I sat down, placing my backpack on the floor and relaxed in my chair to calm my nerves. The anxious stare I was getting from everyone was very uncomfortable and I felt as if I'd go into a spaz-attack if they kept it up.

Finally Mr. Morrison cleared his throat to get their attention and began calling roll. I sighed and gazed out the large window, watching as a sparrow flew into the sky. `I wish I was him, and then I could get away from this place and never come back…' I thought.

I was snapped out of my daydream when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned to see it was the girl who sat next to me… something Sanders, I think.

“Hi, my name is Marlene.” she greeted. She was Latina, I could tell from her dark skin and slight accent. She wore a black shirt with the HIM logo on it, fishnet wrapped around her forearms, and black Dickies. She had black hair that was straightened and reached her shoulder blades and her hazel eyes, which were outlined with a thin layer of black eyeliner, told me that she was friendly enough. To make sure, I glanced above her head and saw a faint golden glow that signaled she was a good person.

“Kiara.” I said and returned the warm smile that curved her lips.

Oh, I forgot to tell you about that, didn't I? Well, I have the ability to see auras and lots of other weird stuff like that. Guess my mother's genes had transferred those abilities in me, since she was a fortuneteller and all…

“I'm glad you're not another cheerleader, I can hardly stand this many in one room!” she said, gesturing to the girls wearing short purple and black skirts with matching colored shirts. They had kept looking back at me and whispering to each other… And I had a pretty good idea of what they were talking about.

“Tell me about it…” I said in an annoyed tone.

As I chatted with Marlene, I kept feeling a pair of eyes on me, but every time I looked I couldn't see anyone looking in our direction. `I must be going paranoid.' I thought.