Romance Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Under The Blue Moon ❯ Damien ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
.:|:.=.:|:.:|:.+.:|:.:|:.=.:|:.
 
During lunch I joined Marlene under her favorite tree in the large field and we ate while making small talk. I discovered that we had many things in common. She liked the same music as I did, so that was all I really needed to be her friend. `Wow, my first time in six years at a public school and I already made a friend… a good one at that.' I smiled to myself.
 
“Hm? What are you smiling about?” she asked suspiciously.
 
“Oh, nothing. Just that, this is my first time in a long time that I have been to a public school and I've already made a friend. I guess I'm just surprised at myself because I'm so antisocial in public.” I said thoughtfully.
 
“What do you mean by `public school'? You went to a private school before now?” she asked, finishing up her sandwich.
 
“No, ever since the fourth grade I've been home schooled.” I stated, leaning back on the tree.
 
“I see.” she said and looked up at the sky. “It's going to rain tonight.” she said.
 
I looked up at the grey clouds that began to engulf the blue sky. “Yup.” I confirmed.
 
As we looked up at the sky, I began to daydream…
 
My daydream was relaxing. I was in a field of tall grass in the middle of nowhere, away from society. As I reached a small stream, I looked down into my reflection… only the face looking back at me… wasn't me. It was an unknown face staring back at me, a man with short, dark brown hair, icy blue eyes, pale skin, and a malevolent grin curving his lips. He had evil written all over him and I wanted to get as far away from him as possible.
 
“You can't escape!” he cackled and a hand reached out of the water and grabbed my foot.
 
“Let go!” I demanded and tried to get out of his grip.
 
I was pulled down to the ground and I scrambled to get away, but his grip was too strong. Before I could be dragged into the water, I was jerked back to reality as I felt a sharp pain on my cheek.
 
I sat there, stunned and confused. “W-what happened?” I asked as I looked at Marlene, her face showed her concern and fright.
 
“I don't know, you were just staring off into space one second, then the next you were screaming `let go' and you were trembling.” she said in a shaky voice.
 
I ran my hand through my hair and sighed. `It's been a while since something like that has happened to me.' I thought.
 
I heard the bell ring and stood. “Let's never mention this again. Come on, time for class.” I said.
 
She nodded and followed me as we both decided to forget what had just happened.
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
Thankfully, we had one class together after lunch, but I was without a friend during the last period. Marlene told me to wait for her at the front of the school so we could walk home together, so I simply relaxed in my last period and looked out the window. For the second time that day, I could feel a pair of eyes watching me. This time when I looked, I caught a boy looking at me through the corner of his eye. He had black hair that barely reached his shoulders, lightly tanned skin, and the most beautiful bluish grey eyes that I had ever seen. His eyes were what captured me, they were mysterious and enchanting and I just stared at them for a few minutes. I regained myself and looked up at the clock to see that the bell would ring any minute.
 
I sighed and leaned back in my chair, thinking of how dull it would be once I got back home. `Dad's working until 7 for the rest of the month… I guess its ok since we'll be getting more money… We're falling behind on the bills. Plus, he really enjoys working at the clinic. He always did like helping people out… such a softy!' I thought with a small smile.
 
The bell rang and I slowly made my way out of the class room, only to get held back by the most popular group of preps/cheerleaders. I gave them a bored look and asked “What?”
 
“We saw you gawking at Damien!” shouted one with long brown hair and brown eyes.
 
“Yea! You little slut!” growled another with short black hair and hazel eyes.
 
“Look, just because you're new, we'll go easy on you. You stay away from Damien and we wont make your life a living hell, ok!” the leader threatened. She had long bleached hair and green eyes and, by the looks of her, she must have been the captain of the cheer squad.
 
“Whatever. I'm not interested in jerks anyways. Besides, even if I liked him, I wouldn't stay away from him just because you told me to.” I said, making them angry. “I think I should let you know now, I don't take orders from anyone but me. If you threaten me, I will fight back, physically if I have too.” I gave them one last glare and left.
 
I went to my locker and put all the things I didn't need away, and then slammed it as their words repeated in my head. `I hate bratty little snobs like them who think they own the world!' I thought. “Little bitches!” I muttered. “Next time I'll slam their face into the wall and crush their skulls!” I growled, making my way out the school.
 
I looked around for Marlene and spotted her near the front of the school yard. She waved at me when she spotted me and I made my way to her.
 
“I heard you had a bit of trouble from the most popular girls from school.” she said, putting her hands on her hips.
 
“Eh, they're nothing to worry about.” I shrugged. “Besides, I can take them on with my hands tied behind my back.” I said in a bored tone.
 
She playfully scoffed “Don't be so cocky!”
 
I looked at her with a raised brow “I'm not, it's the truth. I took at least 10 years of tai-jutsu, plus I took a few classes in sword fighting, just for fun. I had a lot of time to kill.”
 
She looked at me with disbelief. “You're kidding, right?” she asked.
 
I turned and began walking towards the street. “I assure you, I am quite serious.” I said without looking back.
 
She caught up with me and asked “So, you can kick ass right? Well, you think you can beat my brother for me?”
 
I looked at her with a raised brow and asked “Why?”
 
She sighed and said “He's been a pain in the ass all day today! He keeps bugging me about some new girl… hey, wait a minute… maybe he was talking about you!” Marlene looked at me with an evil smirk and chuckled slightly.
 
I looked at her. “What's so funny?” I asked.
 
She shook her head, still smirking slightly and replied “He's never really looked at other girls before. I was beginning to think he was gay!” She laughed and I let out a small chuckle. “All the preps and cheerleaders have had an eye on him for the longest time, ever since he started high school! But whenever they would try to seduce him, he would ignore them or tell them to leave him alone. I swear he's such a loner! He only has one good friend, but he secludes himself from everyone else.”
 
I fell silent as I pondered on what Marlene had said about her brother. I knew how he felt… well, sort of. Our reasons might be similar, so maybe we could be able to communicate… the more friends, the better. Well, at least a few close friends that I can connect with anyways.
 
“What's with that face? You looked like you zoned out or something! Well, anyways I told my brother that I would be with a friend after school, so he might not want to walk with us…” she frowned as she trailed off.
 
I was beginning to wonder who her brother was. “How old is he?” I asked.
 
“He's our age, 17.” she replied.
 
“Then how is he your brother? Is he your twin or something?” I said.
 
“Actually, he's my half brother. My dad had an affair with another woman. He was born about two months before me.” she replied, shrugging.
 
I got the feeling that she didn't really care about her father having an affair with another woman while he was married to her mom, but I didn't think it right for me to question it.
 
“Oh, I see. What's his name?” I asked.
 
She looked up and smiled as she saw something or someone she knew and called out “Damien!” while she waved.
`Damien?' I thought and looked up to see the same boy who had been looking at me during last period!