Romance Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Under The Blue Moon ❯ Secrets ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
.:.<.:.^.:.\*/.:.^.:.>.:.
 
Standing before me was the black-haired, blue-eyed boy who was at least a head taller that me.
 
“Wow, you're really tall.” I stated bluntly, looking up at him.
 
He chuckled and retorted, “Wow, you're really short.”
 
I narrowed my eyes. “Watch it buddy, there are a lot more short people than there are tall. If you don't watch out, we may someday rule the world and make you our slaves. Then we'll see what the better height is.” I said, giving an evil grin.
 
“Wow, that's some imagination you got there,” he said, poking my forehead.
 
“Ah! I think you killed a few brain cells!” I cried out in mock pain, holding my head.
 
He laughed and Marlene looked like she had seen a ghost.
 
“Oh, my gosh... You just laughed! I haven't heard you laugh in almost seven years!” she said as she pointed a finger at him, as if accusing him of murder.
 
“Wow, seriously?” I asked, scratching my head.
 
He went back to his cold demeanor and said in a monotone “Let's go already.”
 
I copied his expression and mocked him, making my voice deep. “Let's go already.” He grinned and I could tell he was holding back another laugh, but I didn't bother to mention it.
 
“So, how come you're not talking to anyone else? From what I know, you're pretty good with people… well, except my brother's fan club.” Marlene said, grinning at the last part.
 
“I don't like talking to people really. You're probably going to be my only friends at school.” I said, putting on an emotionless mask.
 
“Huh? Really? Why did you even become my friend in the first place if you don't like to talk to people?” she asked in interest.
 
I smiled at her and answered “I don't know. I guess it's because you have a nice aura around you.”
 
She looked at me funny and I let out a small laugh. She was about to question me on my response, when I heard a high-pitched voice call out “Hey! New girl!”
 
I sighed in annoyance and turned to see the cheerleaders from earlier. I flipped them off and continued to walk out of the school.
 
I heard them stomp closer to the three of us and I stopped in my tracks when the leader yelled “We warned you about being to close to Damien and now you are in BIG trouble!”
 
I turned around slowly and had my head bowed down to hide my face.
 
“Ha! You're scared now aren't you?” she said proudly.
 
I stepped closer to her and she folded her arms as she waited for my response. I lifted my head to show her a malicious grin, showing off my now sharpened teeth, and glowing red eyes.
 
“Scared? No. I'm actually very excited!” I said, still grinning. She stepped back, her face showed her shock and horror. “Are you scared?”
 
“W-what the hell are you!?” she shrieked as she took another step back.
 
My grin widened and I answered in a low voice “Your worse nightmare!”
 
At that moment, they screamed and took off running. I laughed so hard I almost cried.
 
“Oh, gees, that was hilarious!” I said, holding my sides.
 
I was glad that the other two hadn't seen my delusion or they would have been freaked out as well.
 
“What was that all about?” asked Marlene.
 
“Yea, they just… took off. What did you do to them?” Damien added.
 
I just shrugged and continued walking out of the school. I couldn't possibly tell them that I had put them into a trance and made them see me that way. They would think me nuts! Of course, if those brats told a teacher, they would look like fools and they'd probably check them for drugs. I should feel guilty or sorry, but the thought made me grin.
 
“What are you smiling about?” asked Marlene.
 
I shook my head. “Oh, nothing.” I replied.
 
“Well, what are we going to do now? Just go home?” asked Damien.
 
“My dad wants me back by 7, but other than that, I'm free.” I said.
 
“Great! Let's go see the new vampire movie!” Marlene beamed.
 
“Marlene, why are you so obsessed with vampires and demons?” asked Damien, exasperated.
 
“Because they're so cool!” she replied and grabbed both our wrists and dragged us to the movie theatre.
 
She paid for the tickets and Damien paid for the soda and popcorn.
 
“Guys, I could have paid for my own ticket and soda.” I said.
 
“No, its ok. Besides, we have plenty of money. You can save yours for the shopping spree afterwards.” Marlene said, giving me a big smile.
 
Damien only agreed, which caused us to look at him strangely, so I had no choice.
 
We sat on the top row in the middle and I sat between the two, which made me feel awkward, I never really had that much physical contact and being in this position made me a little claustrophobic. I sucked it in and didn't dare to make it noticeable, but they could tell something was wrong. Fortunately, before either of them could ask, the room got dark and the movie started. I watched in partial interest because I had met vampires before and these actors were nothing like the real thing. I closed my eyes and began to fall asleep when I felt a pain in my gut.
 
“I'm going to go to the bathroom, I'll be right back.” I said in a low voice, getting up.
 
“Ok, hurry back or you'll miss the movie!” Marlene whispered without taking her eyes off the screen.
 
I made my way casually out of the dark room. Just as I got outside, I rushed to the bathroom and leaned over a sink just as I coughed out a ton of blood.
 
“Damn it, what is it this time.” I muttered.
 
I washed my face and dried off, then left the bathroom. I thought back to the many times this had happened before and knew it couldn't be good. I usually coughed up blood when someone I know dies. I prayed that it wasn't my father. I entered the dark room once again and went back to my seat, feeling exhausted and sick. I tried to make the dizziness and headache go away, but it was no use. I felt like the earth was spinning around and around at an increasing speed and I thought I heard cars honking and sirens, even though the movie was in a forest. Just as I was about to scream, it stopped, and the only thing I could hear was the rain. I just stared at the floor, panting like I had just ran a marathon.
 
“Hey, are you okay? Kiara?” I heard Damien ask. His voice faint at first, clearing up after a second.
 
I only made a small grunt and relaxed in my seat.`Please, don't let anything happen to Dad.'
 
“Hey, you don't look so good. Was it something you ate?” asked Marlene, pressing a hand on my forehead, then immediately taking it back with a yelp. “Oh my god! You're burning up! I think you're so hot, you just burned me!”
 
“Come on Marlene, don't start your sarcasm! She's sick!” Damien scowled.
 
“I'm serious!” she said, grabbing his hand and pressing it against my forehead.
 
He cried out and took his hand back and rubbed it. “Ouch! You really are burning up, literally!”
 
“Call the hospital!” Marlene yelled.
 
Nobody answered because nobody was in the theatre with us.
 
“No, Marlene.” Damien said, his voice low and grave. “I think we have another one of those situations.”
 
Marlene froze and paled. “You don't mean…”
“Yes. There's only one call to make…” Damien's head dropped as he added “Dad…”