Romance Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Under The Blue Moon ❯ Do you know what you are? ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
..:..:..:..:+:..:..:..:..

`Their Dad? What about him? Maybe he's a special kind of doctor or scientist or… something.' I thought as I began to feel tired. I quickly checked my watch and saw the time “6:45pm”

“Hey, guys, I really have to go. So, if you would just drop me off at my house-.”

“No! This is serious. We're taking you to see someone.” Marlene said as she pulled out her black Razor.

I felt numb and I tried to speak, but nothing came out. I couldn't move, I felt as though I was dying. `This has never happened before… usually, I'd be passed out by now...' I thought.

“Kiara? Kiara! Stay awake! Don't go asleep! Kiara…” and that's all I heard before the darkness consumed me.

I heard a repeated beeping in my head… like what the doctors use to watch your heart beat.

*beep*…*beep*…*beep*…*beep* *bee-* and then a long single beep. If I remembered correctly, it was called a “flat line” and meant that the heart had stopped. So… someone just… died… My worse fear had come true…my prayers were ignored…
I suddenly heard a familiar voice call out to me. It was faint at first, but then I heard it loud and clear. “I love you, Kiara.” And then it was quiet.

I quickly sat up, shaking and sweating, and whispered “Dad…” It was he who had died this time…

As it sunk in, an uncontrollable sob escaped my throat and I buried my head in my hands. `How could this have happened? Why… why did he…' I couldn't bear to think of it and screamed, not able to control my sorrow.

I heard a door burst open and a familiar voice say “Kiara!”

I slowly looked up to see Marlene and Damien staring at me with wide eyes.

I smiled sadly and said in a low tone “He's dead.” I felt a tremor shake my body like an earthquake shakes a tower and I resumed my sobbing.

Marlene rushed to me and held me in a comforting embrace as she tried to get me to calm down.

I heard rapid footsteps fade away and assumed that Damien had gone to get someone. `Their father, perhaps?' I thought.

“Just let it all out. Everything is going to be fine now,” she cooed.

`Fine? Fine?! Nothing is `fine'! My father just died in an accident! That was why I heard cars! He was killed in an accident on his way home from work!' I screamed in my head. “No! He's gone!” I shouted in a shaky voice.

Marlene gave me a puzzled look. “What do you mean? Who's gone?”

I suddenly went quiet, I didn't even move. I looked down and mumbled, “You won't understand. He's gone… My father is gone!” I began crying once again and I buried my face in a pillow from the bed I was lying in.

Wait, bed? `Now that I think about it, I don't even smell that funny scent that is usually in a hospital. So, if I'm not in a hospital…where am I?' I thought, calming down.

The door opened and in came a tall man who resembled Damien, only taller and older. He had long, wavy, black hair tied back in a ponytail and icy blue eyes that seemed to give off a silvery gleam when he turned his head. He was wearing a black suit, the jacket was slung over his shoulder and his tie was loosened. I was guessing that he had just come back from work.

“I will speak to her alone. Both of you, out of the room,” he commanded in a cool but stern tone.

They left the room with a glance back at me and closed the door. He sighed and let his hair loose and sat on the bed. I wiped away my tears and watched him intently, I wasn't about to be caught off guard.

“You can relax Kiara, I'm not going to hurt you. I just want to talk.” He said, sensing my alertness. But I didn't relax, I only kept my empty gaze on him and waited for him to speak. He sighed and ran a hand through his hair. “I see this is going to be a lot more difficult than I thought.”

I then picked up some strange waves coming from him. He was no ordinary man. “What do you want with me, demon?” I asked in a deadly calm tone.

He grinned at me and said “So you are the one we're looking for.”

This caught me completely off-guard, but I kept my awareness. “What do you mean?” I asked.

“You aren't exactly a normal human girl, am I right? You seem to already know that much, but do you know what you are?” he asked, raising a brow and giving me a grin.

I didn't sense anything bad about him, but his aura intimidated me because it was so powerful. A golden glow with scarlet, blue, and silver, his aura was actually quite pure and noble. But none-the-less, I kept up my guard. “Does it matter?” I responded.

He frowned and answered “Of course it does. You are the most important person in the world.”

To this, I narrowed my eyes and returned the frown. “I highly doubt that. I'm not that special.” I looked away and muttered “I'm not special at all.”

He gently grabbed my chin and made me face him. “Of course you are.” He smiled warmly, and then added “You're the daughter of Selene Bradford, the goddess of the moon.”

I jumped off the bed and glared at him. “How do you know my mother? And what do you mean `goddess of the moon'?” I asked in a cold tone.

He chuckled and shook his head and muttered “Just like you're mother.” He looked up and said “Everyone knew your mother, well, all of the immortals at least. And I meant what I said. She was the Goddess of the moon. She fell in love with your father, a Shadow demon by the name of Akuma. She decided to become mortal and live with her lover. When she had you, all of her powers transferred to you. She was killed by another demon by the name of Raizyk (rye-zik), who wanted her powers to destroy the world, but when he found her, she had already given her powers to you. So he killed her, but when he tried to kill you to gain the power, your father overpowered him. Since he didn't have enough strength to defeat your father, he fled, vowing to kill you when he was ten times stronger.”

As I soaked this in, my head started to spin, I asked a question. “Has he returned to kill me?”

He put on a very serious face and answered “Not yet, he isn't strong enough yet, but it won't be long until he reaches his full potential. And we will use that time to our advantage.” He stood up and began to walk away.

“What do you mean by that?” I asked, giving him a suspicious look.

He stopped and looked back and replied “You will see in due time, my dear. For now, you will need your rest. Tomorrow will be a rough day for you. Don't worry, you are safe here and I won't let anyone harm you while you sleep.”

He turned back to the door and walked out, closing the door behind him, not letting his anxious children to enter. I was grateful for the silence, it had been a while since I was allowed to have a nice sleep. So, I snuggled into the blankets and fell into a deep, dreamless slumber.