Romance Fan Fiction ❯ A Change of Heart ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A Change in Heart
Chapter 3
 
Riku woke up from his sleep at 1:00 A.M. It was still dark outside and Syeeda was sleeping. He opened the door and went to Syeeda's room. She was sleeping silently.
He went outside to take a walk in the crispy, cool air. He wanted some time to think about where he was and what he was planning to do about getting his friend, Sora, back.
 
Suddenly, a bright figure got in his path. Riku stared at her and just passed her.
 
“Wait! I wanted to talk to you about something!” she cried, “I'm Naminé and I think I can help you. “
 
Riku continued to walk on, regardless of her pleas.
 
“That's alright.” He said back.
“I know where your friend, Sora, is!”
 
Riku stopped walking and turned around.
 
“You do? But, how do you know I was looking for him” he asked her.
 
He walked to her, eager to know more about Sora's whereabouts. Then he asked, “Is he OK? Where is he? At Destiny Islands?”
 
“Um, no, he's at a castle. He's sleeping right now.”
 
“Sleeping?”
 
“Yeah. You see, I am a witch and I can control memories. I need to restore Sora's memories to bring him back. You can help me do this. That is why I wanted to talk to you. Ansem the Wise is helping me do all this.”
 
“So, you need me to help get Sora's memories restored or something. Then he can come back? How did he end up like that? And why are you working with Ansem?” he asked with concern.
 
“After you and the King closed the Realm of Darkness. Kairi went back to the island. Sora went with Donald and Goofy to find you and the king. I think you are confusing Ansem and Ansem the Wise. Ansem was his Heartless.”
 
After hearing this, Riku started to understand a little more about what was happening.
 
“Ok. So he's alright then?”
 
“Absolutely.” She answered him.
 
“Ansem the Wise can tell you how you can help us if you come with me.” She said to him.
 
Riku thought about it. Of course, he wanted to bring Sora back and would do anything to do it. However, something was holding him back from going with Naminé.
 
“I…can't go with you…not right now.” He said regretfully.
 
Naminé was a little shocked but asked him why.
 
“How about this, you get Sora's memories together, and I think about all this.”
 
“You should think about this faster.” She advised him. “You are making a mistake.”
 
Riku turned around and looked at Syeeda's house from where he was standing. He wanted to help Sora and he didn't want to leave Syeeda at the same time. He started to love her. Somehow, she made him feel differently. He never felt this way before, and he wanted to stay with her forever.
 
When Riku turned around, Naminé was out of sight. Riku sighed and went back to Syeeda's house. He quietly walked into her room and looked at her. She was sleeping soundly like an angel.
 
Riku thought about how he felt about her. He liked the way she looked, the way she cared for him, and her personality. He brought his face close to her face; he wanted to kiss her on her soft lips. He was about to, until he stopped himself. A thought occurred to him” what if Syeeda didn't like him back the way he likes her? If he kissed her, she might not have liked it. He sat up straight and looked at her again. No, he should not do this, he thought. Therefore, he went back to his room and laid awake for the rest of the night until he felt tired. He was stuck between two decisions: help Sora or stay here with Syeeda, the love of his life. He could not leave something so dear to him now.
 
Syeeda woke up early. She went to Riku's room. He was not around. Anxiously, she went to the living room where he found him watching T.V.
 
“Hello Riku!” she said happily.
Riku turned around and said hi back, but very sadly. Syeeda noticed this and asked him what was wrong.
 
“Oh it's nothing really.” He answered. He did not want her to know he loved her…not yet.
 
“Are you sure? You don't look so happy.” She said. “I understand. You miss your friends don't you? I would too if I were away from them.”
 
Riku decided not to make Syeeda feel sad, so he quickly changed his attitude. He also tried to divert her attention to something else.
 
“So, uh…where are your parents?” he asked.
 
Syeeda looked at Riku with tears in her eyes. Then she wiped them off with her hand.
Great, Riku thought. He had not intended to make her cry in any way. Now, here she is in front of him with tears in her eyes. He tried to comfort her.
 
“I'm sorry. I didn't mean to make you cry.” He apologized.
 
“No, it's not your fault. Don't worry about it.” She said. “I…don't know where my parents are. I think they died. Something happened a while ago when I was a little girl. After some strange incident, I don't know what happened.”
 
Riku felt bad for her. Syeeda didn't know whether her parents were alive or not.
 
“What happened?” he asked.
 
“I don't really know. I can't remember it. It's like, my memory about my parents and what happened are…blurry to me. I can't seem to remember anything. I don't even know how I ended up here.”
 
“I…shouldn't have asked about this. I am sorry.” Riku said.
 
Then the doorbell rang. Syeeda went to open it. It was Naminé. Riku looked at Naminé awkwardly.
 
Then, something strange happened. Syeeda looked where Naminé was standing, but she couldn't see anything. It was as if Naminé were invisible to Syeeda. However, Riku could see Naminé perfectly. She was saying something to him. Riku heard her say to him, “Riku, you have to decide what you are going to do. Come on. You have to go to Ansem the Wise. He can tell you how you can help Sora.”
 
“Why would someone ring the doorbell if they are not even here!” she exclaimed angrily
 
Syeeda looked annoyed. She shut the door and looked at Riku. She stared laughing.
 
Riku was surprised. Then he asked her, “You didn't see anyone?”
 
“Nope.” She answered. “Did you?”
 
“Uh…no, I didn't see anyone” Riku lied.
 
He did see someone, Naminé. Nevertheless, what he could not understand was why Syeeda could see her. The doorbell rang again and Syeeda opened the door. It was Roxas this time.
 
“Finally you came!” Syeeda exclaimed happily.