Romance Fan Fiction ❯ A Change of Heart ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A Change of Heart
 
Chapter 2
 
Roxas and Syeeda left Riku and went to Syeeda's house. “Can you believe that moron?” asked Syeeda to Roxas when they reached her house. Roxas laughed and answered, “Yeah…well, a least you won't have to deal with him anymore right?”
“I guess.” was her reply.
 
Roxas and Syeeda have been friends forever and would not let anything happen to each other. It was more of a brother and sister relationship. They were there for each other no matter what: good times and bad. They would always tell each other their feelings and try to help the other one out.
 
“I'll see you tomorrow, alright?” said Roxas.
“Ok, come to my house early. You promised me that we can go to the beach.”
 
Roxas laughed and gently hugged her. Then he went to his house.
 
It was a dark and clear night. Syeeda was sitting in her house by herself. She sighed heavily and thought about the stranger she meet that afternoon.
 
“Riku…Riku…Riku…” she said softly. She didn't feel like going to sleep that night. “Other worlds…” thought Syeeda.
 
FLASHBACK
 
“Syeeda, come here!” cried a motherly figure to a 2 year old Syeeda. She had just started to learn how to walk and was trying to get to her mother across the living room floor of their well furnished home.
 
Suddenly, the ground was shaking. Syeeda's mother clutched her precious daughter tight in her arms and the furniture crashed everywhere.
 
 
Syeeda's flashback was interrupted suddenly. The doorbell rang. Syeeda reluctantly walked to the door to open it. She was surprised and annoyed at the same time when she saw who was at the door.
 
“Oh! It's just you,” said Syeeda angrily after she saw Riku. She shut the door in his face without hearing what he had come to say.
 
Riku stared at the door in front of him. He knocked on the door one more time, hoping Syeeda will open the door for him. She did not. So without wasting any more time, he said loud enough for her to hear from inside her house, “I came to apologize for getting mad at you and…I'm sorry.” He waited for her to open the door again. When she didn't, he started to walk away slowly and sadly.
Syeeda listened to what he had to say from inside her house. She was secretly happy to hear his apology. Before he went to far away, she opened the door and looked outside to see if he was still in sight.
 
“HEY! RIKU! COME HERE” Syeeda shouted as she waved to him. He turned around when he heard her shout his name. He quickly went to her.
 
“I…forgive you Riku.” Syeeda said forgivingly, “I'm sorry also. I didn't mean what I said earlier to you. And, I don't think you're crazy either.”
 
She stood there and smiled at him.
 
“Thanks!” he replied.
“Why don't you come in?” she offered politely.
 
Riku entered her house and looked around. It was a medium sized house, well furnished, and had many decorative decorations that covered some of the walls. The walls were a beige color. There were three bedrooms, a dining room, a kitchen, and a living room. In the living room, on one of the coffee tables, there was a picture frame of Syeeda and Roxas together. Riku looked at the picture from where he stood for a long time.
 
Syeeda broke the silence by asking, “So, what brings you here to Twilight Town?”
 
 
Riku stopped looking at the photo and turned to Syeeda.
“Well, I'm not so sure. It will kinda be hard for you to believe if I told you. But, I do hope to get back to my friends soon.”
 
“You seem very anxious to get back to your friends so soon,” she said quietly.
 
“Oh can't you…”
 
“Can't I what?”
 
“Nothing…just forget I said anything” she replied a little uncomfortably.
 
 
“They do mean a lot to me.” Riku thought something, and asked her, “You seem that you don't want me to leave”
 
Syeeda blushed slightly and realized that she gave a little too much interest into him. She quickly thought of something to say to him. “How did you know I lived in this house?”
 
“I sorta followed you.” He answered awkwardly, “Sorry about that, I didn't have anywhere to go. You live here by yourself?”
 
“Yep. It does get a little lonely though.” She laughed a little.
 
“You don't have a place to stay do you?
 
“No.” he replied very slowly.
 
She looked at him warmly and gave her offer, “Would you like to stay here until you go to where you need to go?”
 
Riku smiled and answered, “That would be great! Thanks!”
 
“No problem. I don't mind at all.”
 
Syeeda showed Riku the room where he would sleep in.
 
“You probably would need extra clothes, right?” Syeeda asked.
 
“You really don't have to worry about me.”
 
“I could go to Roxas' house and get some of his clothes right now.”
 
“That's alright. I don't want to you to do too much for me.”
 
“No, really I insist. Why don't you stay here? I'll call him and tell him to…” she left without finishing her sentence.
 
Riku sighed and lied down on the bed he was to sleep in. The looked at the ceiling and closed his eyes. He thought about Destiny Islands, his parents, Kairi, and Sora. He thought about all the good times they had together. He didn't realized how much time had gone by until he fell asleep.
 
After a while, Syeeda finally got the extra clothes for Riku that she wanted to get from Roxas. She went to the Riku was sleeping in, and looked inside. She saw him sleeping quietly. She laid the clothes on a chair nearby in the room and sat next to Riku on his bed.
She touched his face with her small hands and looked at his innocent face. She sighed. She could not believe that this was the person she had a fight with, and now, here he is in her house sleeping over because he had absolutely nowhere to go. If it had not been for her, who knows what might have happened to him.
 
“What a poor, tired adorable boy. I feel so bad for him,” she thought to herself.
 
She got closer to his face and gently kissed him on his cheek. Then quietly walking out of the room, she closed the door. Syeeda smiled, as she got ready for bed herself. She got in bed and closed her eyes. She felt a strong, compassionate emotion towards Riku. She could not quite explain it, but that was how she felt. Thinking about Riku, she fell asleep. She was feeling an emotion she hadn't experienced before: Love.