Romance Fan Fiction ❯ A Change of Heart ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

A Change of Heart
 
 
Chapter 1, Part 2
 
The sun was shining brightly on Riku as he was walking slowly on the narrow dirt path that leads to the town. When he arrived, he heard two unfamiliar voices in a distant. Hoping these people might help him, he followed it.
He ended up in a small alley and saw an attractive looking girl talking with another boy. The girl had long black hair, dark eyes, and a fair complexion with admirable features. She wore a black skirt, dark shoes, a necklace, and a white tank top. She also wore black mascara and a light colored lip-gloss. The boy she was talking to had blonde hair and blue eyes with checkered clothes.
Riku walked to them. The teenage girl greeted Riku as he approached her.
 
“Hi!” she said cheerfully.
“Hey!” Riku answered back.
“Uh… can you tell me where I am?”
“Sure, we're in Twilight Town. I never saw you here before.”
“I just came here”
“Oh. My name is Syeeda”, she said and pointed at her friend, “That is Roxas”
“Hi” Roxas said casually to Riku.
“I'm Riku. Actually, I am trying to get back home.”
“Where's that?” she asked.
“It's sorta complicated really. You see, I'm from another world and my friends are separated---” Riku stopped talking because Syeeda was laughing really hard.
“I think you're really crazy! `Another world'! You have a really wild imagination.” she said laughingly.
“It's true! I am from another world. It's called Destiny Islands.,” said Riku.
“Ok, so how did you get here anyways?” She asked curiously.
“It's…hard to explain.”
“Oh, I see.” she answered slowly. Then turning opposite of Riku, she said, “I feel bad for a stranger like you; just walking around and not knowing where you are. And, not to mention, having weird and wild thoughts…about `other worlds'.”
 
Riku was pissed off and said angrily, “I don't know who the hell you think you are woman! You can stop talking like that also! If you don't want to believe me, then that's just your own freaking problem!”
 
Syeeda, taken aback for a few moments, yelled back, “Fine! Gosh, you're so dim-witted! Who wants to talk to a stupid moron like you anyways?”
 
Roxas tugged on Syeeda's arm and whispered, “Come on. I think we should leave him.”
 
Syeeda left with Roxas without looking back at Riku. Riku watched them leave and thought if he should have been less harsh. After all, who really knew that other worlds exist besides the people who have actually gone to them? Riku felt a little guilty and accountable for what happened. When they were gone and out of site, he smiled to himself and quietly said, “Syeeda…that's a beautiful name…” He fell in love with Syeeda the moment he had his first glimpse of her, he was also trying hard to conceal it…but why?
 
To Be Continued.