Romance Fan Fiction ❯ A Little Bit Longer ❯ A Long Talk ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4
 
Mitchie went after her sister. She was angry. After all the trouble Shane and Nate went through to get them back together, Gabriella had the self-centered nerve to yell at them and walk away? She didn't like that act one bit. And Mitchie WAS going to tell her that exactly. “What is wrong with you, Gabriella Ann Torres? Shane and Nate did the best thing they could do. And that was bringing two sisters back together. You should be grateful!”
 
Gabriella was standing against the door of the hotel. She crossed her arms, looking childish. Mitchie narrowed her eyes. “Let's take a walk,” she said. Mitchie grabbed Gabriella's hand. Gabriella shook her head.
 
“That wasn't a question, Gabriella! You are going to walk with me, now!” Mitchie yelled, grabbing Gabriella's arm and pulling her towards the sidewalk. All the way in the hotel, Shane and Nate were watching out the window. They glanced at each other.
 
“Mitchie's angry. I've never seen her angry before,” Nate said. Shane nodded.
 
“Mitchie, since when did you become the big sister. Stop, treating me like a child-,”
 
“Then stop acting like one! You have NO idea how mad I am. You're older, that's right. But you certainly have some growing up to do! Shane and Nate put their all into bringing us together. They offered to do something that you and I, that all of us, could enjoy this summer. But instead, you run off just like you always do. Maybe fame has invaded the time you need to grow up, but you know that what you did was wrong! And if you can't be grateful and go on this trip, you can leave and go back home!” Mitchie shouted.
 
Gabriella was silent. Mitchie was right. She acted childish and ungrateful to something that was very nice of Nate and Shane to do. “Okay, Mitchie. I'm sorry. I was acting like a child and I should've been grateful. I promise, I'll be good. Let's go on that trip,” Gabriella whispered, smiling. Mitchie smiled back.
 
She hugged Gabriella. “That's my big sister,” Mitchie replied.
 
Nate was sitting on his bed, fading in and out. He wanted to go to sleep, but Mitchie and Gabriella would be back. Shane smiled and picked up his guitar. He strummed softly, humming a sweet tune. Nate lay against his pillow and closed his eyes. The door opened and Mitchie stood in the doorway. “Hey, guys. Sorry about that. Gabriella said she was sorry and thanks you guys for everything. Now, I'm going to bed,” Mitchie announced.
 
The door closed shut. Mitchie walked back in. She stood in front of Shane and kissed him on the cheek. “Thanks, Shane,” she praised softly and finally went to bed.
 
Shane touched his cheek and smiled. “I saw that,” Nate called out, sitting up and winking at Shane. Shane's face went red.
 
“Goodnight, Nate.”
 
“Goodnight, Shane.”