Romance Fan Fiction ❯ A Little Bit Longer ❯ Gabriella ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 3
 
Mitchie stared at Shane and Nate as they played their game. “Nate,” she said. Nate waved her off without glancing back. He pressed hard at the buttons. Shane easily passed him on the track. “Nate.” Mitchie was getting irritated.
 
“You guys are so into this game. That's immature on so many levels,” Mitchie commented. Jason brought back a soda for Mitchie. Mitchie frowned. “Dude, where's my bendy straw?” Shane started laughing, even though he still didn't take his eyes off the screen. Mitchie glared at him. She stood up with a mischievous grin on and unplugged the game.
 
“Mitchie!” Nate and Shane yelled. Mitchie twirled the cord and shrugged.
 
“Deal. With. It. Anyway, Nate, I was trying to tell you that Caitlyn was on the phone. Too bad you took too long. She had to go, said she'd be able to call back NEXT WEEK,” Mitchie explained. Nate's mouth hung open. He smacked his forehead, groaning.
 
“Nate, I know you must feel stupid. I know you must feel sad because you missed your chance. But…” Shane looked at Mitchie and they cracked a smile.
 
“Tricked ya!” they said in unison. Mitchie held out her cell and handed it to Nate.
 
“Is it all just pranks and joke to you guys? You need to learn from Caitlyn and I and get together, instead of wasting your time pranking people on stuff that MIGHT be serious!” Nate hissed, heading towards the bathroom and talking to Caitlyn.
 
Mitchie blushed. She sat down and shook her head. “I, we, get together? That's the most crazy thing ever!” she stuttered. Shane sat beside her.
 
“Yeah.”
 
There was a moment of silence. Mitchie glanced at Shane. She stood up. “I have to, er, go get a straw,” Mitchie said, holding up her soda can and smiling. Shane nodded, standing up. The bus shook and Mitchie flew on Shane. There was so much red in her cheeks, steam rose.
 
Mitchie looked up at Shane. They moved closer. She closed her eyes. They were three inches apart when Nate emerged from the bathroom. Mitchie jumped away. Luckily, Nate didn't see. He picked up his controller. “Sorry, for blowing up like that,” he apologized. Shane waved it off.
 
He picked up a controller and sighed. “Dude, I totally get it. I understand how we can't joke about that kind of stuff. We're sorry. Mitchie, wanna play with us?” Shane asked. The game paused and they both looked at her. Mitchie shook her head.
 
“Why not?” she agreed. Shane and Nate high-fived each other.
 
“This is gonna be easy,” Nate said.
 
Nate stomped into the hotel room. His mouth hung open in utter shock. Mitchie followed behind him, laughing. “Easy, huh?” she teased. Mitchie had won all four games. To Nate, it was like a fly winning against a tarantula during a fight to the death. Shane sighed and shook his head.
 
“The day girly-girl Mitchie Torres wins against Nate Gray, the best racer ever, is a day pigs fly,” Shane raced toward the window, sticking his hand out. “Oh, look, a flying pig.” Shane laughed hard. Mitchie nudged him.
 
Jason came in next. He didn't want to know what was so funny. He merely dropped his bags in the huge closet and fell to his bed, sleeping. Shane, Nate, and Mitchie stared at him. Mitchie only shrugged and grabbed her bags. “I guess this is, goodnight. See ya tomorrow,” Mitchie whispered. She strode to the room across from theirs and opened it.
 
“Mitchie?” Mitchie dropped her bags. Her sister, her sister she hadn't seen since elementary school, was sitting on of the two beds. Gabriella Torres stood up and hugged Mitchie. Mitchie wasn't the type to get emotional, but ever since Gabriella acted in High School Musical, they never saw each other again.
 
“Shane, Nate, how did you do it!” Mitchie screamed, not taking her eyes off Gabriella. Shane and Nate walked in, smiling.
 
“We called her. Guess what else? We all are going to Camp Rock again!” Shane announced. Mitchie's eyes widened. But she didn't cheer. Instead, she blushed and finally looked away from Gabriella.
 
“Mitchie Torres, what is he talking about!” Gabriella demanded.
 
Mitchie sighed. Gabriella had been pushed into the lake when she went for her first time. She never went back since.
 
“I'm not going back, ever! I'm going outside for some air,” Gabriella said, walking out the door.