Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Boot Camp ❯ The day I leave. ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Ch.1
The Day I leave



I don't really remember what it felt to be loved. All my life I see people telling others that; but never to me. I've seen more boys confess thier love to my sister, but never to me. I've seen people be so inlove that they let each other go and start with someone else with new lies, just so they are happy. I have seen to people kill themselves to continue to be with thier love ones. I have seen all of this so many times and as often as I tell myself that I will never feel it, I yern for it. It's something that I strive for, but something I will never have. People are cruel. They leave me out of the loop, but what's thier reason? Why is it that I can't be loved?
Thats right because I am worthless, ugly, and I don't matter. This, my family never forgets to tell me each day. Though I don't know why I call them this, they are more of human beings that I happen to share blood with. Now I don't want to sound like a whining teenager but my family has always hated me. There is no doubt about that. From the time I was eight I was yelled and hit more than my sister and brothers. All were worse though. But I guess it doesn't matter anymore, does it? I mean this is my last day with them, because tomorrow I'm gone.
You see I have always been a "troubled" kid, or so says my mother. I will admit though, that I have been introuble numores times in my short 15 year life. I have been known to start and finish fights, cause teachers problems with sleeping in class and backtalk, not to mention my petty thefts. You see this all started when I was young, but that is another story that I have not the courage nor bravery to tell you.




"Kaitlyn, get down here!" I woke to my mother, Bella yelling at me from the kitchen.
I stepped out of my twin sized bed and stood. Looking around the room I saw the walls covered in posters, the messy floors, my cluttered closet and my bags. I walked to my door and picked up my black bag. Before I left the room I looked at it once more. I will not be here for another 36 months. That sucks but it also is a semi good thing.
"Kaitlyn!" Bella yelled once more.
"Comming." I answered boredly as I closed my door.
Walking down the hallway and into the kitchen I saw Bella in a pair of tight blue jeans and a pink halter top. She had blonde hair that stopped at her shoulders and blue eyes to match. She was very thin. Her and I are very different. I have jet black hair that reaches my mid-back and green eyes. My clothing consisted of a pair of baggy black jeans that had an amount of holes in them and a white tanktop. On my feet were old red converse.
"What are you wearing? And your hair, didn't you brush it at all?" She looked at me like I was disgusting, which I knew I am.
"Yes." I replied simply, trying not to let hurt show on my face.
"Whatever. Get in the car." She demanded as she walked out of the front door, her heels clicking all the way out.
I followed after her, closing the white door on my way.
In the car Bella put on some rap. Now I don't favor rap but it doesn't bother me, but this rap was just to much. It was as disgusting as am I. And that is very, very disgusting.


After ten minutes Bella stopped the car, "Are you gona get out you worthless piece of shit?" It wan't a qustion but a demand.
Not bothering to hug her good-bye or say it, I got out of the old car and slammed the door. Bella yelled some but I couldn't hear her, I was already walking into the huge building that would bring me to my doom.
When I walked in a lady at a desk looked at me, she looked real snoody. With her brunett hair in a tight bun and her black suit, not to mention her tight lip writhing is disgust when she first saw me.
"Hello, can I help you?" She asked disgusted just like everyone else.
"Yea, ya can. I'm supposed to be goin' to Boot Camp, where's da bus thing at?" I asked all thuggish.
She perced her lips. "Its outside. It'll be her in ten or so minutes. So you go outside and wait OKay. Have a nice day."
I walked to the door that I had just come in. Before leaving though, I turned around seeing that the lady was still watching me, I flicked her off. Seeing her angry face I just smirked and skipped to the bench that I had to wait for the bus.



The bus came and I got on awhile ago. When I got on I got handcuffed to the seat infront of me. It wouldn't've bothered me being handcuffed, I mean it's happened quiet a bit, but I had to itch my left upper arm.
After trying for the past five minutes I gave up with trying with my hands and just itched it with my head. It was quiet akward but I didn't care, I was the only one on the bus exclusing the guard-who held a shot gun in his lap- and driver.
Staring out the window I could just see the roads with cars on them.

Forgetting about the boring scenery, I leaned against the window and slept. It was quiet hard to do with all the bumping but having not slept in almost two weeks it wasn't even an issue.


There was someone shaking me violently. When I opened my eyes I saw that it was the guard. He had already taken off the cuffs.
I stood and got off the bus, gaurd in front.
Looking around I saw a different scenery from when I was on the bus. Instead of tall buildings and cars and people everywhere there was nothing. The ground was hard and there were gates everywhere with _____ on top of them.
"Let's go." Came the husky male voice. Not responding quickly enough, I was pushed and fell to the hard ground from the suddenness. "Get the hell up you brat!" Putting my hands on the ground and looking up I saw the man, military unifrom with not even a crease. His black shoes shinned and his face held a complete look of annoyance. Pushing myself up I stood and dusted my self off.
"Let's go. Hurry up!" Not wanting to be pushed once more, I quickened my pace. Walking into a grey building I saw a bunch of desks with more military dressed men and women.