Romance Fan Fiction ❯ My Girlfriend is a Sorceress ❯ WET EYES ( Chapter 18 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER 18 - WET EYES
JAMES' POV
I arrived at Tricia's residence at around 8 PM. I went to their front door and pressed the doorbell.
The door opened.
“James. Thank God you came. Come in.” Mr. Santos (Tricia's dad) said.
I went inside the huge mansion and was asked to sit in their living room. I could still remember when I first came here; everyone was courteous and kind, except for his dad. And it's funny how he was very kind to me just now.
“James, please sit.” He said. I sat on the wide couch beside him.
“Do you have any idea why I called you up here?” he asked.
“No idea, but I think it's about Tricia?” I replied.
He sighed. “Yes, you're right, it's about her.” He said.
“Okay. I admit it. You're plan worked. You're revenge worked.” He said.
“What do you mean? What revenge?” I asked.
What revenge is he talking about?
“I know you love Tricia so much. I know you can't just replace her in a snap.” He explained.
“If having a girlfriend is your revenge, then you succeeded.” He added.
“Pardon me Mr. Santos but I didn't ask anyone to be my girlfriend just to take revenge on you or on your daughter. I never planned to take revenge at all.” I remarked.
“Did you really mean it?” he asked.
“Mr. Santos, I love my girlfriend. Isn't it understandable that I have already moved on?” I asked.
“Alright. I'm sorry for misunderstanding you James.” He apologized.
“It's okay.”
“I'm sorry for ruining your relationship with my daughter too. She's right, this was my entire fault.” He uttered.
I bowed my head, not wanting to add any reactions on what he just said.
“James, can I ask you something?” he asked.
“Sure.”
“Please, try your best to calm Tricia down. She's in her room, sobbing endlessly. She even attempted to commit suicide. (sigh) We don't know what to do.” He said.
“Why is she acting like that?” I asked.
“When she came home from school yesterday, she was already crying. She was screaming and blaming me for taking you away from her life. She said someone already replaced her in your life.” He explained.
Tsk. Good thing Ann wasn't harmed.
“Is that so? Good thing she didn't harm my girlfriend especially that they're classmates. They are also good friends.” I said.
“Really? Tsk3. That's why she's hurting that much.”
After our conversation, I went upstairs to check on Tricia. I didn't knock on the door, I'm sure that if I'll do it, she won't let me in. I went inside her room directly. She was on her bed, hugging her pillow, with her hair all messed up. She's still sobbing, but there were no more tears that are coming out.
“Tricia.” I called softly. She turned to me with a furious look.
“What are you doing here?” she asked.
“Isn't it obvious?” I asked.
“I don't need you here.” she uttered.
I chuckled. “You're really not good in lying.” I said.
“As if you really wanted to be here.” she added.
I went towards her.
“Don't go near me. I don't want you. Just leave. Leave me alone!!!” she exclaimed.
I pretended not to hear her and went towards her.
“I said go away.” She exclaimed as she threw her pillow on me. She sobbed harder. I suddenly felt pain, seeing her in that state. I wish I could make her feel better easily. But how can I do it, if the one who caused her to be like this is me? I'm sorry Tricia. I'm sorry for not being at your side. I'm sorry for letting you go after you said `go away' when you really meant to say `just stay'.
I pulled her into a hug, a tight hug. She was struggling to break our hug but I hugged her harder. She sobbed and keeps on saying statements like `go away', `leave me alone', `I don't need you'. Eventually, after several times of trying to break our hug, she finally stopped and hugged me back, still crying.
“I quit. You won James Reid, you won. I mean it; I still love you and I still can't let you go.” She uttered.
I just listened to all that she was saying and I could say that she suffered a lot when I left her. She then kept quiet for a while. She was already calming down.
“James.” She softly called.
“Hmm?”
“Can you take me somewhere? Where I can forget everything for awhile? I want to be with you even just tonight.” She said.
(sigh) how can I say no to that?
“Then, let's go to where I usually go when I feel down.” I told her.
“Where?” she asked.
“Amusement Park.” I answered.
She quickly went out of her bed.
“Please go outside, I will just change my clothes then take me to the Amusement Park.” She said.
I nodded. I went downstairs to wait for her. I saw his father waiting at the couch. As soon as he saw me coming down, he stood and asked,
“How did it go?” he asked.
“It went well. She's already okay now.” I replied. He tapped my back.
“Thank you kid! Thank you for being so kind even though I was cruel to you before.” He said. I smiled.
“But she wanted me to take her somewhere. She said she wanted to be with me just tonight.”
He breathed deeply. “Please take care of her James. And take your time.” He smiled and went out of the blue. Tricia then came down stairs with a pink dress. I smiled. I suddenly remembered Ann.
“So, let's go?” she asked. I nodded. I took her hand to make her feel secured.
“Thank you James, for being with me today.” She smiled. I smiled back.
“James, please do me a favor.” She added.
“What is it?” I asked.
“Be mine just tonight.” She uttered.
“Huh?”
“I know it's too much but it's only for tonight.” She added.
“Please?” she pleaded.
I nodded without thinking. Hmpf! Anyway, it's just for tonight. As soon as we arrived at the Amusement Park, she pulled me directly into the Ferris wheel.
“Let's ride this.” She said.
“Okay.” I replied. She sat just across me. As soon as the ride moved, she giggled. Her eyes were looking outside, watching those city lights.
FLASHBACK
“Wow, you can see everything up here. It's amazing!” she said. 

“I told you it's really fun here.” I said.

She smiled and looked back outside. (sigh) it's hard to sit here. This angle is so perfect which worsen the electricity running all over my body right now.

“James, what is this place called again?” she asked.

“A-MUSE-MENT-PARK.” I said.

“Amusement Park? Why not heaven? Isn't this the most perfect place?” she asked innocently.

Because heaven is where everything is perfect but only souls live there… 

No! I should not tell her that, I'm sure she'll remember what happened to her parents again which would make her feel sad. I'll just tell it in another way.

“Amusement Park has an entrance fee, we need to pay for it so we can experience the fun while heaven is free. You don't need to pay to get inside.” I said. She just nodded.
END OF FLASHBACK
Even though I'm with another woman, I still can't stop thinking about her. While on the Ferris wheel, I was reminiscing every moment I had with Ann, and realized she's the most perfect girlfriend ever. I got lost track of time and found myself being called by Tricia for the fourth time.
“James, the round is done.” Tricia informed.
“Oh.”
After riding the Ferris wheel, we ate cotton candy and rode other rides. I could say that Tricia was already enjoying ^^.
After riding at least six rides, we sat on a bench to rest. Moments later, she suddenly stood.
“What is it? Is there something wrong?” I asked as I also stood.
“James?” he called as she faced me.
“Yes?” I asked.
She breathed deeply and suddenly crushed her lips into mine. It was so sudden that I realized she was kissing me only minutes later. I quickly pushed her away.
“Why did you do that? I have a girlfriend.” I explained.
“But I thought you're mine just for tonight.” She said.
I tried to catch my breath after that slightly long kiss.
“No, I can't do it. I'm sorry.” I said. She frowned.
“If we keep on pretending, your situation will worsen. It won't let you feel much better; it'll just lead you in hurting yourself more.” I added.
She was still silent, her eyes still on the ground.
“Tricia, I have a girlfriend.” I said.
“James, I'm sure Ann would understand.” She said.
“Tricia, Ann has feelings too. She's not a robot; she's as fragile as you; she also gets hurt.” I explained.
She didn't respond. She sat back on the bench, still silent. We've been sitting there for almost half an hour until she spoke,
“James, take me home.”
TRICIA'S POV
“Why did you do that? I have a girlfriend.” James said.
I just wanted to taste his lips. And I thought he already agreed to be mine just tonight?
“But I thought you're mine just for tonight?” I said.
He tried to catch his breath after that slightly long kiss.
“No, I can't do it. I'm sorry.” he said. I frowned.
“If we keep on pretending, your situation will worsen. It won't let you feel much better; it'll just lead you in hurting yourself more.” James added.
I took in everything he said one by one. He then spoke,
“Tricia, I have a girlfriend.” he said.
Why does he keep on saying that? I thought he's mine just for tonight? And besides, Ann will understand.
“James, I'm sure Ann would understand.” She said.
“Tricia, Ann has feelings too. She's not a robot; she's as fragile as you; she also gets hurt.” He explained.
I didn't respond. I realized what he just said. Ann has feelings too. She also gets hurt. What wrong with you Tricia? You're betraying your own friend.
Ugh!
FLASHBACK
“Tricia, thanks for being my first friend her in school! I hope we can be friends for a long time.” Ann smiled.
END OF FLASHBACK
Stupid. How can I be so mean to her? No matter how I think about it, she treats me really well. She wanted to be my friend for a long time and here I am stealing her boyfriend. Tricia, just stop this. This isn't right anymore. You're already hurting a lot of people.
“James, take me home.” I said.
We went to his car and got inside. We had a silent ride. No one bothered to talk. We arrived at our house just a few minutes, and that's when I started to speak,
“James.” I called.
“Yes?”
“Thank you for being with me tonight.” I smiled.
“You're welcome.” He replied.
“Please ask sorry to Ann for me.” I smiled and went out of the car. I waved as I bid goodbye to him. As soon as he got out of sight, I went inside our house.
Starting tonight, I should forget about JAMES REID.
JAMES' POV
Yes!!!!! Everything is finally over. I'm glad Tricia finally realized her wrong doings. I looked at my watched…11PM??? Tsk2. it's already late. When I opened the front door, I saw Ann on the living room, sitting on the couch. She was reading a book. She's still awake at this time? Probably she was waiting for me ^^. I planned to surprise her so I tiptoed towards her back and covered her eyes…but I figured out that…HER EYES WERE WET.
END OF CHAPTER 18