Romance Fan Fiction ❯ My Girlfriend is a Sorceress ❯ PHONE CALL ( Chapter 17 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER 17 - PHONE CALL
Tricia's POV
Ahh, I feel so dizzy. I can barely see the entry way of my car. When I got into my car, I can't plug my keys to start the car. I end up hitting those horns endlessly and screaming like an idiot. Good thing there were already few students in the school's parking lot, only few would notice. No one dared to ask me what's wrong.
Ugh! I end up riding a cab on my way home.
FLASHBACK
“So what do we have here? A newbie?” I asked.
“She's Ann. Ann this is Tricia, Tricia, this is Ann.” James said.
“Nice to officially know you Ann, welcome to Sun Valley High.” I smiled. Ann then bowed her head.
“Is she your cousin or a relative or something?” I asked.
“Nope. She's my girlfriend.” James answered.
END OF FLASHBACK
My sight began to blur as endless tears came out of my eyes. Not long after, I arrived at our house. I got my wallet and paid the driver.
“Miss, I don't have a change for Php 200.00. Do you have any amount lower than this?” He asked.
I didn't mind what he said and went out of the cab right away. I ran into our house and started feeling completely out of my mind.
“Tricia, what's wrong with you? Are you drunk?” my dad asked.
“What do you think?” I asked, tears were still flowing on my face endlessly.
“This is all your fault.” I exclaimed and threw my bag on him.
“What the hell is wrong with you? Haven't I taught you how to respect elders??” he asked.
“This is your entire fault. If you did not forbid James from loving me, this wouldn't happen. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!.” I screamed.
“Are you happy now? Now that he has already someone that replaced me to be his girlfriend? Why don't you throw a party? This is what you want right? You want James to completely forget me!!” I sobbed.
“Tricia…” he said.
“You want this right? Go celebrate and party with your friends. All this time, you've never been a father to me at all. You never cared about what I feel. As a matter of fact, I am nothing but a puppet to you :`( ” I added.
“Tricia my dear.” He said as he neared me.
“Don't ever come near me. And don't pretend that you really care to what's happening to me right now!!!” I ran to my room, slammed the door and locked it. I went slowly to my bed and hugged my pillow. Tears are still continually coming out of my eyes. This is so worst than dying. Ugh! I wanna die right now. You want this right? You want me to suffer like this. Take me now!!! Let me die now!!!
I cried harder.
“Tricia, open the door.” Dad yelled while continually hitting the door.
You won't take my life? Then I'll do it. I searched for my cutter on my study desk.
--SLAM—
My door opened with my dad hitting it through his foot.
“What are you doing?” he asked. He saw me holding my cutter.
“Tricia, don't do it. I'm begging you. Please.” He pleaded.
“Why? What's wrong with me dying? You don't care with what I feel right?” I asked.
“Tricia, please stop this nonsense, please.” He went near me.
“Don't! Don't come near me or I'll really stab myself to death.” I exclaimed
He knelt down in defeat and started to sob.
JAMES' POV
After class, Prof. Andrew called me.
“James.”
“Professor, is there something wrong?” I asked.
“Well, actually, I got some good news for you.” He smiled.
“Really? Wow, what is it?” I asked.
“Remember the photography project? Your photograph was chosen to be displayed in the exhibit. I'm sorry for telling you late, I should've told you last school year.” I said.
Really? My photograph got chosen? AAWWEESSOMME! Instead of showing Prof. how I really feel, I just wore a poker face and spoke calmly.
“That's great.”
“But there's one thing you needed to do, you need to provide a title to your photograph. Approach me anytime after you have decided to what to entitle your photograph, okay?” he asked.
“Uh—sure.” I calmly replied. After that, I ran into Ann to tell her the good news. When I saw her, I swiftly pulled here into a hug, slightly lifted her and twirled her around.
“Why? What happened?” she asked innocently, breaking from the hug.
“Guess what? My photograph was chosen. WOOHOOO!!!” I cheered.
She frowned. “You haven't even showed me the photograph you've taken.”
“Aww, it's okay HONEYBUNCH, you'll see it at the right time.” I smiled, emphasizing the word `HONEYBUNCH'.
“Really?”
“Of course.”
“Well then, congratulations.” She offered her hand. I smiled and once again hug her and lifted her happily.
“Ahh, James, put me down. It's making me dizzy.” she complained while clinging tightly around my neck.
….
On our way home, Ann was feeling sad. She said Tricia didn't attend school today, and she was worried. In a way, she tried to be optimistic that Tricia was just having appointments that she needed to attend to.
“With the way you act, you're like a sister to her.” I said.
She sighed. “It's just that, I don't want my loved ones to feel pain and get hurt cause they're the only ones I have in this wide world.” She answered sadly.
“What do you mean?”
“My parents already left me, and you and Tricia are the only loved ones I have right now. I can't afford both of you to be gone.” She replied.
I smiled. She really values everyone she loves. How lucky am I to be his boyfriend :)
We had our dinner outside the house, since we haven't bought groceries yet. She was enjoying the fast-food we're in. She said that she could feel everyone is joyful in this place, especially kids. Well, she got it right, for we're eating at the Jollibee :D
Just then, my phone rang.
“Hello?” I asked.
“James, we need you here.” he said. The man on the phone was sobbing. Who the hell is this??
“Excuse me but who is this?” I politely asked.
“This is Tricia's dad. Please James, we need you here.” he said again.
Tricia's dad? Why? What happened to Tricia??
“Uh-, okay, I'll be there in a few minutes.” I answered.
“Thank you James. We expect you to be here minutes from now.” Then he hanged up.
“Ann, we need to go home now.” I said.
“Sure.”
As soon as we arrived at our house, I went outside and accompanied Ann to the front door.
“Ann, I need to go somewhere. I think I'll be coming home late.” I said.
“Where?” she asked.
“Uh—it's because Tricia's dad called me and they needed me there.” I explained.
“Tricia's dad? Why? What happened to Tricia?” she worriedly asked.
“I still need to find out.”
“I hope she's okay. Well then, take care.” She waved.
“Bye.” She said as she was about to go inside.
“Wait.” I held her arm.
“What?”
“Uh—uhmm, can I ask for a goodbye kiss?” I awkwardly asked.
She blushed and obviously felt uncomfortable. She went to me, raised her heels and kissed my cheeks.
“Take care.” She said and went inside the house.
END OF CHAPTER 17