Romance Fan Fiction ❯ My Girlfriend is a Sorceress ❯ RARE GIRLFRIEND ( Chapter 16 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER 16 - RARE GIRLFRIEND
NARRATOR'S POV
“Yey! It's my first day of school today.” Ann cheered.
“Your uniform looks good on you too. Doesn't it feel uncomfortable?” James asked.
“Well, it's fine.”
Before going to school, James taught Ann about everything she needed to know in school, especially how to behave during class hours.
“So, let's go?” James offered his hand. Ann took a deep breath and held James' hand.
The two then went to school a bit early. As soon as James parked his car, guys began to surround it.
“Dude, whaadduupp men?” Dino greeted. James then got out of the car and greeted back his friends. After that, he opened the car for Ann. When Ann went out of the car, all of the guys stared at her, obviously stunned.
“Man, I think I already meet her before.” Paul uttered, still staring at Ann.
“Isn't she the girl we saw with Tricia before? I think that was last school year.” Gian remarked.
“But her hair looks different; it's shorter than before.” Josh said.
“She probably cut it.” Ken added.
“Men! She makes me wanna dump my girlfriend.” Dino said.
“I'll ask her out.” Josh said.
“What? I'll ask her out first.” Gian contradicted.
“Na-ah. She'll date me first.” Paul said.
James chuckled. “You're all just wasting time. No one will ever get to date her instead of me. She's mine.” He smirked as he placed his arms on Ann's shoulder. They then headed inside the campus, leaving the guys stunned.
“Bullshit!! How the hell did James got her?” Paul exclaimed.
Everyone breathed deeply and frowned.
“What a bad morning to start with my first day of school.” Dino said.
-----
On the other hand, James and Ann were heading to their locker. As they pass by, all eyes were on them.
“James, why are they all staring at us? It's freaking me out.” Ann said.
“Get used to it. Everyone really does that when I date someone new.” James informed.
Ann just gave him a confusing look. James then smiled.
As soon as they arrived at their lockers, James then taught Ann on the proper way to open and close her locker.
“James.” Someone suddenly called.
“Oh hey, Tricia.” He replied.
“So what do we have here? A newbie?” Tricia asked.
“She's Ann. Ann this is Tricia, Tricia, this is Ann.” James said.
“Nice to officially know you Ann, welcome to Sun Valley High.” Tricia smiled. Ann then bowed her head.
“Is she your cousin or a relative or something?” Tricia asked.
“Nope. She's my girlfriend.” James answered.
*Girlfriend?* Tricia thought.
Hearing those words, her heart twitched. She suddenly felt dizzy and held the wall for support.
“So, your third year section D Ann.” James informed.
“Section D? okay.” She replied.
“Third year section D? Wow, we're classmates Ann.” Tricia weakly said.
“Good to know. Can you accompany her to your room Tricia?” James asked.
“Sure.” Tricia said.
“C'mon. Ann.” Tricia then grabbed Ann's hand softly towards their room.
“Since you're the only person I know in this room, can we be seatmates?” Ann asked.
“Sure.” Tricia smiled. She still can't believe that the girl she's with now is his ex-boyfriend's girlfriend. She can't still get over how James easily introduced her girlfriend to his ex-girlfriend. *C'mon Tricia. You love James and you know you're meant to be and this girl just ruins it all.* she thought. She was confused; *would I rather be the girl who desperately wants back her ex-boyfriend or be the friend of this innocent new student?* she asked herself.
“Tricia, thanks for being my first friend her in school! I hope we can be friends for a long time.” Ann smiled.
With those words, she convinced herself even more to not harm her new friend just because he's the clueless girlfriend of her ex-boyfriend.
JAMES' POV
“James, soccer practice later at 3. Be there.” Carl informed.
“Practice? C'mon man it's the first day of school!” I exclaimed.
“Man, the championship is nearing.” Carl replied.
Ugh. Yeah right, championship is nearing. (sigh)
Maybe I could just let Ann see me playing soccer, I'm sure she'll fall in love with me over again. :D
Ann and I ate together at the cafeteria. Tricia was also sitting with us, since she's Ann's first friend in school. I'm glad that she and Tricia became good friends.
“Ann, will you watch my soccer practice this afternoon?” I asked.
“Sure. It'll be great to see you play soccer.” She smiled. Tricia was just silent. I wonder why she didn't ask me questions like, `Hey James, aren't you gonna invite me to watch your soccer practice too?'
“So Ann, so far, how's your first day of school?” I asked.
“It was fun. I met new friends. I could say that they're very friendly to new students like me. My father was right, humans are so kind.” She said. I gave her a look.
“I mean, people here are kind.” She smiled awkwardly.
She really loved her first day school ^^. I'm sure she'll say `school sucks' when time comes that she'll receive heavy school works :))
----3PM----
I went to the soccer field with Ann. I also ask Tricia if she can come, but she said that she have more important matter to attend to. Oh well…
Ann sat to where the audience usually sat. She was seating beside the other girls who were also the girlfriends of my other teammates. Before I went to the field, she asked for my iPod.
“You'll listen to my iPod? Why? Aren't you going to watch me play?” I asked.
“I can listen while watching.” She smiled.
“Alright. Here.” I handed her my iPod and went to the field. Before starting a game, we had our warm-up. The coach then divided us into two teams for a match. I belonged to team 1. Before the game started, I looked at Ann to find some inspirations, unluckily, she wasn't paying attention at our practice, and she was looking at my iPod. (sigh)
The match then started. I played very well and scored at least five times :D Every time I would score, I would look at her, but she still looks at my iPod. I thought she was here to watch me play? Tsk.
FLASHBACK
“I know you hate her but why did you let her kiss you? How about me? Just a simple mistake I make, you wouldn't bother to talk to me anymore. I still have to exert effort just to gain back your trust. Why do I feel like this? My heart aches bigtime. I feel pain. I don't like it. My blood started to boil. I feel anger… what's happening??” she uttered.
END OF FLASHBACK
No James, calm yourself. You should not get mad at her easily. She's not doing anything wrong. She's just listening to your iPod.
--coach whistles—
“Let's have a break.” Coach said.
My teammates went directly to their girlfriends. Their girlfriends wiped their sweat on their faces and at their backs. I wish Ann could do that for me too.
So I decided to go to Ann, and handed her my face towel.
“What?” she asked as she faced me, she was still listening and looking at my iPod at that time.
“Can you wipe my sweat for me?” I asked.
“Why? Can't you do it yourself?” she innocently asked.
After I heard what she said, I felt like I was embarrassed. (sigh) oh well, I guess I'll have to wipe my sweat by myself. Ann continued in listening on my iPod.
When the next half of the game started, she wasn't still paying any attention. Why can't she take her eyes off that iPod? Ugh!!! I envy my teammates for their girlfriends were not only watching the game, but also cheering for them.
I wish I was my iPod :((
When the practice ended, both of us went to my car. She was still listening to my iPod. When we got inside the car, that's the time she started to speak,
“James, here's your iPod.” She said as she handed me my iPod.
“James, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for not watching your soccer practice; I'm sorry for not paying attention while you were playing and kept my eyes on your iPod; I'm sorry for tolerating you. I just did that because…because, Tricia was watching us. I could feel that she was jealous and that, she's hurting. I don't want her to experience further pain while watching us acting so sweet. I hope you would understand, Tricia is my friend too, and she's my first friend in school. As way of showing gratitude, I didn't want her to get hurt. I hope you understand, James. Please forgive me.” She explained.
A smile formed on my face. My girlfriend caring for how my ex-girlfriend feels? That's rare. That made me love her more :”>
END OF CHAPTER 16