Romance Fan Fiction ❯ My Girlfriend is a Sorceress ❯ PAIN AND ANGER ( Chapter 15 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER 15 - PAIN AND ANGER
JAMES' POV
The school year ended pretty well. Still, Tricia annoys me. It's good that it's already summer, school's over. (sigh) Time flies so fast. I'll be a senior next year; it'll be my last year in Sun Valley high. Enrollments are already open to applicants. I need to enroll myself, and of course, Ann.
*SMS MESSAGING*
ME:
“Mom, I need the enrollment fee this week. I'll be enrolling for the next school year. Please send it as soon as possible. By the way, I need extra money for some requirements. It somewhat equals with the enrollment fee of the school.” I lied.
MOM:
“Your requirements cost equally with your enrollment fee? That's impossible! Is there something I needed to know? Are you hiding something again honey?”
ME:
“No mom. I'm not hiding anything from you.”
MOM:
“Alright, alright. I'll just ask somebody to send the money to you sometime on Wednesday afternoon.”
ME:
“Thanks mom :) Love you.”
MOM:
“Love you too honey.”
As soon as I received the money, Ann and I went directly to Sun Valley. She was very excited, as if it's her first day of school. ^^
“James, after we pay the school fees, can you tour around in your school?” Ann asked.
“Sure.” I agreed.
Upon arriving, there were a lot of applicants, maybe because it's Friday and it's payday. I held Ann's hand so she won't be lost. We went to the main office to claim our number: 210. So we're number 210 in the line. I think I should tour her around the school first before we pay.
We went first to our cafeteria; I took her to where I and my friends would usually sit.
“Wow, it's really huge. How many people can accommodate this place?” she asked.
“Probably 2,000+ students.” I answered.
“2000+????” she exclaimed.
“Do we need to pay for the foods offered here too?” she asked.
“Yup.”
“But how about the fees we… I mean, you are paying? Doesn't it include the foods they are offering here?” she asked innocently.
“Unfortunately not.”
“That's so rude.”
“I told you nothing is free nowadays, everything must be needed to be paid.”
Then, we moved on. I showed her the classrooms in the 1st to the 5th floor. She was thrilled and at the same time excited to see students already filling these rooms especially that she's already one of those students.
We then went to the school auditorium. Normally, she was again amazed at how big it is. She neared to the stage to see the eye-catching thing that probably was new to her.
“James, what is this thing called?” she asked, pointing at the wide black thing with white and black keys.
“It's called a PIANO. Like the guitar, it also produces sound and music. But unlike the guitar, it does not produce sound through strumming its strings but through pressing those white and black keys.” I explained.
She tried to press one key.
---
“Aw, it really does produce sound. Do you know how to play it?” she asked.
I sat down on the piano bench; I started to press those keys.
[JAMES PLAYED RIVER FLOWS IN YOU :)]
As soon as I pressed the last key for the last note of the song, she then clapped and appreciated how I played it.
“I wish I could play the piano as graceful as you.”
“Don't worry; I'll try to teach you if we could find time.” I smiled.
“Really? Yey!” she cheered.
“1-0-5. I repeat, number 1-0-5” paged the announcer. Oh well, we're still 210.
We then went to the school park, where there are a lot of trees that would shade students who would want to be with nature. There's a pond too in the middle of the park. Benches were scattered all over the place so students could sit where ever they want to.
“So far, this is my favorite place in the school.” She said.
“Really? Wow, we're opposite. This is my least favorite of all the places here in school.” I said.
“Why? Don't you like to be with nature?”
“Of course I want to be with nature. But, here in this school, the school park is like the `dating place' of most of the students.”
“Dating place?”
“Yup. Dating place.”
“What is it?” she asked innocently.
“It's spending quality time with one's boyfriend or girlfriend.” I answered.
“So? What's wrong with spending quality time with your special someone?”
“I know, I know, but they're being too much. They always display scenes which should not be seen publicly, like, torrid kissing. That's one.”
“Really? Students here do that?”
“That's what I said.”
“I take it back. This is not my favorite place.” She said and pouted. I grinned.
After that, I took her to the school's library. She jumped for joy seeing plentiful of books.
“This is the perfect place for me. I so love reading.” She smiled widely.
“By the way, there is one important rule that you need to follow while inside the library.” I informed her.
“What is it?” she asked.
“Keep quiet. You are not allowed to scream, or make any noise, unless if it's necessary.”
“Ahh.” She nodded.
We then went to the soccer field and told her what soccer is. I also told her about the championship, and that, I would be one of the players. She wished me good luck and promised that she would be present at that day.
“1-9-8. number 1-9-8.” Paged the announcer. Twelve more and it'll be our turn.
I also took her to the school gym with a pool, and in the rooftop. She complimented that the school gym looks scary when being deserted. She also said that the rooftop could be a good place for relaxing.
“How about you? What's your favorite part of the school?” she asked.
“The soccer field. I really love the sport soccer.” I said.
“Ahh.” was all she can say.
“C'mon. Let's pay for the fees.” I said as grabbed her hand softly.
ANN'S POV
As we were nearing the said `accounting office', James released my hand. He pulled into his pocket money as he was entertained by the woman. James calls her a `cashier'. My eyes then wander to the unfamiliar things that surrounded the said place. I neared to a rectangular thing posted on the wall. It has writings on it.
“BU-LLE-TIN—BO-ARD” I read.
Someone chuckled from behind. I turned and saw an unfamiliar guy.
“You seem so cute, are you enrolling here?” he asked.
“Uh, yes.” I timidly replied.
“It would be great to see you everyday. I'm Vince.” He said with a smile on his face. He then offered his hand. Why was he doing that?
“Nice to meet you Vince.” I sheepishly bowed my head.
“And you are?” he asked.
“Uhmm, Ann. I'm Ann.” I answered.
“So, are you going to be a Senior or a Junior this year?” he asked.
Senior? Junior? What is he talking about???
“No.” I shook my head. “I'm not a senior, nor a junior. I'm a, uh—a Human.” I lied.
He laughed. “Of course you're a human, are you trying to be funny? Nice joke. So, uhmm, uh-, seriously wha----”
“Ann (Ehnn).” Someone called.
James called. He hand-signaled me to go to him. Opps, I think I'll be scolded. I completely forgot RULE NO. FOUR. Tsk3. I'm so dead >.<
He didn't say anything; instead, he grabbed me into his car. On the ride home, he was still silent. Whenever I glance at his face, it's still full of anger.
I bowed my head and frowned. Stupid, Ann, stupid!!
What am I gonna do now? I'm sure the Cuppycake Song isn't anymore effective. (sigh)
Ahh. A chocolate cake ^^
As soon as we arrived home, I went directly to the kitchen to prepare. James just went to his room, probably still mad at me. :(
Suddenly, the so-called `doorbell' rang. James went down; he was probably going to open the door. But I decided to open it myself, part of my peace offering :D
As I opened the door,
“You?” she exclaimed.
“Why are you here?” she asked.
I gulped.
“Devon? Why are you here?” James said.
I better go back to the kitchen before I'll ruin their conversation.
JAMES' POV
“James, what is she doing here?” Devon asked again.
“Of course she's here because she's my girlfriend.” I sarcastically replied.
She rolled her eyes and went inside, as if she was welcomed. She went towards me and placed her hands on my shoulders.
“What are you doing here? You're not even welcome here.” I said.
“Aww. I was hurt. That was rude of you baby James.” She replied as she brushed her hand on my cheek.
Baby James?? Only mom and Lauren could call me that. I quickly removed her hands before Ann sees us.
“Why did you do that? I was just being sweet.” She said.
“Sweet?? Huh! Are you that desperate? You already have a boyfriend and you're still flirting with me? Aren't you contented with one boyfriend?”
Devon got pissed off and was about to walk out when,
“Oh, I forgot something.” She said. She went to the kitchen where Ann was.
What the hell was she doing there?
She then came out and went near me.
“Ann.” Devon called.
As soon as Ann came out from the kitchen, Devon snatched a kiss from my lips. I quickly pushed her away.
“Bye.” Devon waved with a mean grin.
ANN'S POV
I was already mixing the chocolate cream when Devon went to me.
“Oh hi.” She greeted.
“What's your name again?” she asked.
“Ann.” I answered.
“Oh.” She replied then went back to where James was. Suddenly, she called me back. When I went to them, I saw James and Devon kissing. James quickly pushed her away as she waved good bye to us.
My blood started to boil and my heart started to ache. Am I going to die? Why am I feeling this way? I went back to the kitchen with absence of mind.
“Ann that was just nothing.” James explained as he went to me.
I wanted to utter words like `it's okay, I'm fine' but my mouth wouldn't want me to speak.
“Ann.” James called again.
“Are you okay?”
I nodded and continued with mixing the cream. My hands can't do it right, as if my arms lost strength to do what I am doing.
“How do you feel?” he asked.
How do I feel? I don't know. I can't understand.
Without me knowing, words started to come out from my mouth.
“I know you hate her but why did you let her kiss you? How about me? Just a simple mistake I make, you wouldn't bother to talk to me anymore. I still have to exert effort just to gain back your trust. Why do I feel like this? My heart aches big-time. I feel pain. I don't like it. My blood started to boil. I feel anger… what's happening??”
Did I just say all of that? Ugh!
There was an awkward silence after that. I still can't concentrate in mixing the cream.
“I hope you'll talk to me again after I make this. This cake was supposed to be my peace-offering, but I can't do it right…don't worry, I'll try my best to make things work. I'm a sorceress after all.”
These chocolate cream are still heavy to mix, what is happening??? Suddenly, James, who was just silent at that time, held my hand and pulled me into a hug.
“I'm sorry.” Were the only words that came out from his mouth.
END OF CHAPTER 15