Romance Fan Fiction ❯ My Girlfriend is a Sorceress ❯ JUST BE YOURSELF ( Chapter 20 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER 20 - JUST BE YOURSELF
ANN'S POV
I opened my eyes as soon as I felt the sun's warm rays landing on my face. I got out of bed and stretched my arms.
FLASHBACK
“I talked to Trixie; she said you have no school works with her at all.”
“James, let's talk about this matter at ho----
“Why did you lie?”
“It's because Tricia---
“Tricia? Tricia again?”
“James, I am just----
“Will just stop caring about her? Ever since you've been friends, you never had time with me. All you cared about was her. And now you even learned how to lie to me.” James exclaimed.
END OF FLASHBACK
I slapped my cheeks with my both hands and told my self `Ann, your objective for the day is to know HOW TO BE A GIRLFRIEND'. After a quick shower, I went downstairs for breakfast. James was already cooking our meal.
“Good morning, HONEYBUNCH!” he greeted. I blushed. How can I greet him back? It's too awkward to call him HONEYBUNCH too. Ann, what to do, what to do????
“Uh---good morning HO--,HO-, HON---, JAMES.” I sat quickly and pretended to be calm when I'm obviously feeling uneasy. Why is it so hard for me to utter that word? Ugh! He chuckled.
We went to school immediately after eating. When we were about to part ways, I'm still nervous of how will I say `see you later James' like a real girlfriend. I turned to him and spoke,
“Uh--- I'll see you later, James.” I said as I stared at him, waiting for him to answer. He didn't say anything. He just stared back, giving me a `So?' look. I got what he was trying to say.
I went towards him, raised my heels and kissed his cheeks.
“Uh---s-see you this lunch.” I added. He widely smiled.
“See you later.” He calmly replied and turned away.
“(sigh) It's such a lovely day.” I heard him say as he was walking away from me. It's the first time I heard that from him…a smile formed on my face as I headed to my room.
---L U N C H ---
“Uh—Ann, do you have school works to do this afternoon? Uh, I just want you to watch my practice this afternoon. Actually, my soccer practice is not the same without you.” James scratched his head.
“Yeah Ann, you should come. James needs some inspiration especially that it's two days more before the actual game.” Carl insisted.
“Really? Of course I'm going to watch his practice today.” I smiled. Okay Ann, this is your chance to show him that you really know how to be a real girlfriend. (sigh) I just need some strategies.
After class, James immediately fetched me.
“Are you sure you have no school works today?” he asked. I nodded.
“Okay then, let's go?” He smiled as he placed his arms on my shoulders. I felt electricity all over my body… stay cool Ann; remember that you're his girlfriend.
“Alright, let's go.” I calmly respond.
When we arrived at the soccer field, everyone was already there. His teammates were already warming-up and their girlfriends were all poised sitting on the audience seats to watch their boyfriends' practice. I should stick with them, I'm one of them!
I went to them, still nervous, and sat uncomfortably beside Trixie.
“Oh, hi Ann.” She smiled.
“Hi.” I replied.
“WWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!” I was startled. All the girls suddenly screamed.
“Why? What happened?” I panicked.
“Oh my gosh!! The ball is with Carl. Woohh, go Carl!!!” Trixie shouted.
What is wrong with them???
“OMG! He's almost there! Almost…GGGGOOOO CARL!!!!!” Trixie added as she pointed something on the soccer field.
I turned to see what she was pointing at. Okay, now I understand. They were screaming for their boyfriends. Wait, boyfriends? Do I have to scream for James too?
“Oh my God, James stole the ball. Ugh!” Trixie stated.
“Ann, the ball is with James.” Jessa uttered.
“Yes, I know.” I answered.
“So?” Cristi asked.
I gave them a questioning look. “Do I need to do something?” I asked innocently.
“Of course Ann, you need to cheer for your boyfriend.” Trixie informed.
“Cheer? How will I do that?” I asked.
“Ugh!” everyone groaned and rolled their eyes.
*coach whistles*
Their coach paused the game and called the guys, obviously giving them some words of advice. While the game was still paused, I took the opportunity to talk to these girls about being a `girlfriend thing'.
“Oh my gosh Ann, how did you make James fall in love with you if you're that innocent?” Trixie asked. I displayed an awkward smile and looked away from the three girls' stare.
“Okay. Since were here, we need to teach you how to be a `real girlfriend' when your soccer- player- boyfriend is practicing soccer. While his on the game, you need to cheer for him so he'll be more determined to play the game harder.” Trixie said.
“How do I do that?” I asked.
She stood up and taught me. “You need to stand and make sure he sees you. You should shout for his name and cheer. Like this.” She then demonstrated.
“Go, Carl, go. You can do it!!” She screamed. She sat back and turned to me.
“So, why don't you give it a try?”
“Eh?”
“C'mon Ann, you can do it.” Jessa cheered.
Tsk! Help me! How will I do this??
*coach whistles*
“Okay, back in the game.” He said.
“Okay Ann, this is you're chance. Cheer for your boyfriend.” Trixie gave me two thumbs up.
“Okay girls, let's get ready.” They all stood. I was left sitting, still convincing myself to do what is asked. (sigh) This is it Ann, you can do it!!! I stood beside the screaming girls, and took a deep breath.
“Ann, go, the ball is with James.” Cristi urgently said.
I panicked. Ann, do it!!!! DO IT!!!!!
“Go…James…go??” I weakly cheered. But that weak cheer was loud enough for everyone to hear.
*cricket* *cricket*
There was silence; everyone looked at me.
“What?” I silently asked.
From the corner of my eye, I saw James chuckle. I awkwardly laughed and sat, quickly covering my face with a book, which was turned up-side-down -_-`
“Continue the game” the coach uttered.
The girls sat silently and stared at me.
“That was the cutest cheer ever, like, oh my God.” Cristi said.
I put down the book and turned to them with a worried look.
“Did I do it right?”
Trixie smiled. With that smile, I knew I did it right.
“No.” she shortly replied and frowned.
“You need more practice.” Jessa commented.
Yikes >.<
Trixie smiled again. She tapped my back lightly.
“It's okay Ann. We can help you.” She said.
Aww, they're really kind. I wish I could hang with them more. We chattered the whole time, not minding the guys practicing. They taught me ways, ways that for me were awkward to do, in how to be a real girlfriend and what girlfriends are supposed to do.
“Ann, here they come. Ready your face towel.” Trixie uttered.
*thud* thud* *thud*
Ann, you can do it. You will only be wiping his sweats right? >.<
He went towards me, sweating.
“Hey.” He called.
“H-hey.” I uneasily replied.
“Uh—I'll wipe your sweat.” I uttered, obviously nervous.
He smiled as I held his face and started to wipe the sweat on his angelic face. My heart is beating out of my chest right now. Blood is all over my cheeks; I hope lightning volts won't appear. :/
“Uh—can you wipe my back too? It's full of sweat.” James asked with his irresistible accent.
“Uh- sure.” I gulped. I turned to Trixie who was also wiping Carl's sweat at that time. She turned to me and winked. I turned back to James who was already turning back from me, for me to wipe his back.
This is it Ann. I breathed deeply and wiped his back.
“2 minutes left for the break.” The coached remarked.
James turned back to me swiftly which causes me to startle. He gave a quick `thank you' and stole a kiss from my lips. He quickly went back to the soccer field as he talked to his coach. I was left there, still stunned. O.O
Soon after, his teammates went back to the field and the girls started to surround me.
“Gosh Ann, you did great!” Cristi smiled widely.
“Thanks.” I answered awkwardly.
“Don't forget all what we taught you okay?” Trixie said.
“Of course.”
Their practice ended well. I could say that they were really practicing hard for the nearing championship. Indeed, it's two more days before the big day. On the ride home, James was wearing a smile every time he turns to look at me.
FLASHBACK
“Are you familiar with the saying `the way to a man's heart is through his tummy?” Jessa asked.
I shook my head.
“It's nearly a fact. When girlfriends cook for their boyfriends, it makes the guy love his girlfriend more.” Jessa uttered.
END OF FLASHBACK
“James, I want to cook dinner today. What dish do you want?” I asked.
“Don't. I'll just cook dinner. No need for you to---
“James, please? Let me cook even just for this day. I just wanted to cook something for my boyfriend okay?”
He smiled.
“I want sinigang.”
“Sinigang it is.”
As soon as we arrived home, I changed my uniform and went directly to the kitchen. I checked the recipe book and imitated of how to cook the said dish. It took me only fourteen minutes to finish it. Before I could serve the dish, James was already seated in the dining table, eager to eat dinner :) As soon as the dish was served, he sipped the soup and stopped for a minute. I was not yet eating, still waiting for his reactions. After the short pause, he grabbed the bowl and poured everything on his plate.
“Hey!!!! How about me? What am I going to eat????” I exclaimed.
“Go get your food from the pan, this is all mine.” he teasingly uttered. I frowned and went to the pan to get my food. I pretended to be pissed off but honestly, I am the happiest girl right now!!!
:”>
He obviously liked it.
After dinner, James accompanied me to my room. He said he'll be sleeping early today. He's probably tired from the soccer practice. He left and went to his room.
FLASHBACK
“If you would find some time, visit him in his house and spend quality time with him.” Trixie advised.
“And oh! You should offer him a massage too, especially when he's tired.” Cristi added.
END OF FLASHBACK
No way!!! I won't do it. It's too awkward. Ugh! C'mon Ann, you're his girlfriend, remember? James needs a massage; your BOYFRIEND needs a massage.
(sigh) I'll do it. I silently went to his room and knocked softly. When I opened the door, he was already lying on his bed, half-awake.
“What is it Ann? Do you need something?” he calmly asked as he slowly stood.
“Uh—uhmm, I just want to, uh--- offer you a massage.” I uncomfortably uttered.
He chuckled and went towards me.
“Really? A massage?” he asked as he stared at me. I nodded and broke away from his gaze.
“Okay.” He went to lie on his bed.
“Just massage my back. It's aching a little.” He uttered.
I timidly went towards him and sat beside his body. As I was about to massage his back,
“Wait.” He uttered.
“Why? What?” I panicked.
He sat and started to remove his shirt. REMOVE HIS SHIRT??????!?!?!?!!?
I quickly stood and looked away from his half-naked body.
“James, what are you doing?” I panicked.
“What? I thought you are going to give me a massage??” he asked.
“Huh? B-but, there's no need for you to r-remove you s-shirt. Put it back on.” I demanded.
I heard him chuckle.
“Alright.” He put his shirt back on.
“Okay, that's better.” I uttered. I started to massage his back. He was silent while I was massaging his back. I wonder if he could feel my hands trembling while massaging him >.<
Minutes already past and I was growing sleepy. He was still silent, maybe he already fell asleep. I quietly stood to not wake him up.
“Thanks Ann.” He uttered.
I stopped at my paces hearing those words. He's still awake? I heard him coming out of his bed. I was about to turn to him when I suddenly felt warm arms around my waist. He started to speak,
“You need not to be a perfect girlfriend. All I need is for you is to be your self. There is no such thing as a perfect girlfriend. If perfect's what you're searching for then just stay the same.” He uttered.
:”>
END OF CHAPTER 20-